Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail

Sunday, September 9th, 2018 7:36PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 14,635

Thanks to a heads up from some observant Seibertron fans, we have word that Wave 3 Deluxes of the Transformers Studio Series line have hit retail! This sighting comes to us from a Target in Los Angeles, California, and features the new VW Bumblebee figure that represents his new form in the upcoming Bumblebee movie. There were no signs of the Shadow Raider or Dark of the Moon Ratchet, but it can be safely assumed that they are now out on the shelves as well.

So go out and check out your local stores! You just might find some of the new Wave 3 deluxes to go along with the recent sightings of the Wave 3 voyager Ironhide!

Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail
Credit(s): Marshall Huffman
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1983132)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on September 9th, 2018 @ 10:37pm CDT
Awesome! I’ll have to be sure to check out target soon!
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1983133)
Posted by Emerje on September 9th, 2018 @ 10:40pm CDT
Meanwhile my local Target was still packed with wave 1 Deluxe. They did finally get wave 2 Voyagers, that was a nice surprise.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1983171)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 10th, 2018 @ 11:23am CDT
Went to Cambridge to collect my phone at the phone shop after it had been repaired. Popped into The Entertainer. They got Studio Series wave 1 in today for first time. And with big price reductions.

Deluxe £16.80
Voyager £25.59
Leader £39.99
<!-- ia2 -->DSC_0002 (5).jpg<!-- ia2 -->
<!-- ia4 -->DSC_0004 (4).jpg<!-- ia4 -->
<!-- ia5 -->DSC_0005 (6).jpg<!-- ia5 -->

I wanted to buy Stinger but annoyingly while he was there when I first saw them, I decided to go to the phone shop to get my phone so I could take nice photos to share here, and by time I got back (half hour later). One...JUST ONE of the Transformers had been sold in that time. And who was it? Only frickin' Stinger! Goddammit.... So I bought Blackout cos it's nice to see Leader class at £39.99 like they used to be so very long ago and I ordered and paid for what they hope is a Stinger and will email me when it's in as I'm having to go to Cambridge again next week for yet another medical assessment. Whee.

Also they had the big movie Power Charge Bee and cyberverse thingies.
<!-- ia1 -->DSC_0001 (5).jpg<!-- ia1 -->

And Wave 3 of Tiny Turbos even though I never saw Wave 2 and that wave had the only figure I actually really want! Which be Squeeks!
<!-- ia3 -->DSC_0003 (3).jpg<!-- ia3 -->

Oh yeah here be Blackout I did buy for £39.99. Will open it up when I am more awake.
<!-- ia0 -->DSC_0007 (5).jpg<!-- ia0 -->
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1983312)
Posted by First-Aid on September 10th, 2018 @ 10:01pm CDT
Who all is in wave 3 again? Solo-movie-Bee and....?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1983313)
Posted by william-james88 on September 10th, 2018 @ 10:17pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:Who all is in wave 3 again? Solo-movie-Bee and....?

DOTM ratchet
Shadow Raider
and Crowbar again
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1983333)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 11th, 2018 @ 3:28am CDT
Got ten of these figures now. :)
I also use some previous line figures too such as RotF Bludgeon, TLK Berserker, RotF Legends Ravage and such cos they fit in nicely with the scale (but just kept this photo pure Studio) :)
<!-- ia0 -->DSC_0008 (4).jpg<!-- ia0 -->

Still waiting for my VW Bee I ordered almost a month ago though. :(
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1983336)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 11th, 2018 @ 4:09am CDT
How are you finding blackout then?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1983337)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 11th, 2018 @ 4:12am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:How are you finding blackout then?

He looks cool but i haven't really played about with him yet cos I got my first cold in like 8 years so trying to not get germs all over them. :P I'm happy I paid £40 rather tnan £50-£60 he usually sells for cos yay. He's taken the middle place of the collection where Grimlock used to be before i sold him cos pre-ordered the improved OS KO. Blackout does feel more like a 'true' leader figure in bulk and complexity though whereas Grimlock didn't to me.

I don't like how I have two voyager con's on the left but one voyager and a deluxe on the right. I'mma have to buy Brawl to even that out aren't I? :P Then Lockdown and (when i get him next week) Stinger can be one on each side of the autobots

oh and it's nice to have a 'legends' Scorponok. Never managed to get the original true legends figure of him so this figure with Blackout works very nicely and goes with my Legends RotF Ravage. :)
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1983338)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 11th, 2018 @ 4:52am CDT
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1983339)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 11th, 2018 @ 5:00am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Sorry to hear about your cold :) you did well going that long without one :-P Your Studio Series collection looks really good all together like that

Thanks. Yeah I have a really good immune system apparently but I been very silly and suffering anxiety/depression stuffs lately more than usual and i guess i got weaker so the cold got me. Darnit. I forgot how annoying constantly coughing through the night is. :P

And yeah i would like new shelves to display everyone in their background card stands but can't for now so just adapting the display as I get new figures. Still not sure if gonna display the KO Grimlock in robot mode, or in T-Rex mode with TLK voyager Prime sat on top. Maybe switch it around each week or so. :P

Also I not sure how to deal with mutiple toys of same character whether they new molds such as VW Bee or repaints such as RotF Starscream. Ah well I'll figure something out. This my fave TF figure line ever and I'm glad it seems to be more to look forward to with Barricade, Sideswipe and such and hope there's even more to come. :)

Have a good day. :D :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1983355)
Posted by First-Aid on September 11th, 2018 @ 8:32am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Who all is in wave 3 again? Solo-movie-Bee and....?

DOTM ratchet
Shadow Raider
and Crowbar again

Thanks.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1983359)
Posted by itscramtastic on September 11th, 2018 @ 8:45am CDT
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1983374)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 11th, 2018 @ 9:45am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:@Carnivius_Prime: Nice collection of bots! I'm definitely picking and choosing what I'm picking up from the line, but I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally like it so far. Just got Lockdown the other day, he's dang nice. I wish he had the gunface as well, but that's all the more reason to pick up his repaint. :lol:

Yeah Lockdown is one that looks plenty good enough from a distance but when you look closer he's got so much awesome detailing and he's just really well done.

Technically I'm just picking and choosing but this is a movie-dedicated line and movie bots are my fave type so there be a lot I'm getting but I gotta tell myself it's ok if there's ones out of my price range (which Blackout was til I got him cheaper) or I just don't care enough about (Crowbar.. I just far prefer TLK Berserker who I love muchly and already have so Crowbar would have to be very cheap to get a purchase).

Anyways yeah great pic of Lockdown. Enjoy. :)
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1984157)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 16th, 2018 @ 2:54am CDT
Finally got Stinger (£16.80 from The Entertainer) and I like him a lot. Needs a few extra paint apps to bring out the sculpt details which I will do when I have time. :)

<!-- ia0 -->DSC_0039 (4).jpg<!-- ia0 -->

I think Crowbar is the only wave 1 figure I haven't had (I had Grimlock but sold him in favour of the upcoming OS KO) and I may get him at some point but even at 16.80 it seems too much when I already have most of the same toy in Berserker who I find far more appealing and is one of my fave Decepticon figures ever. :)

But yeah I think this is the most complete I've ever been with any line of Transformers. Usually I just pick and choose but there's just so many in this line I like to own. :)
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1984158)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 16th, 2018 @ 4:08am CDT
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1984160)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 16th, 2018 @ 4:20am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Will you be picking up ksi sentry and shadow raider? Especially since you just got stinger.

Possibly, as I like both molds and the new colours and heads look good but they're not priorites like Barricade and Sideswipe are.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1984176)
Posted by itscramtastic on September 16th, 2018 @ 7:51am CDT
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1984177)
Posted by nycPrime on September 16th, 2018 @ 7:59am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:So..I can count TLK deluxe wave 3 Bumblebee as Studio Series, right? Cause he’s awesome. Just picked him up yesterday, added a bunch of flat black in alt mode so far.

I do! I see no need to pick up any other non-MP Camaro Bee. That SS VW Bee though.....
Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1984196)
Posted by Bucky on September 16th, 2018 @ 11:10am CDT
Just noticed that SS Ironhide is available to order on HTS with a shipping date of 9-28-18

Re: Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail (1984200)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 16th, 2018 @ 11:22am CDT

Considering that Hasbro are re-releasing it in the Studio line yes I think you can certainly count it as that since they appear to as well. I'm counting other TLK figures as Studio Series until officially denounced such as TLK Voyager Prime and Megatron and Deluxe Cogman, Crosshairs, Berserker (especially him since his body is reused for Crowbar) etc.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #208 - Everyone Gets Counterpunched
"Everyone Gets Counterpunched"
Posted: Sunday, September 23rd, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "New Takara Tomy Transformers MB-04 SHOCKWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "6 Transformers Combiner Wars Decepticon BRUTICUS w/Comics & Weapons Lot (RARE)" on EBAY
Buy "New Takara Tomy Transformers Prime AM-29 SHOCKWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS HASBRO Perceptor no box TITANS RETURN TRIPLE CHANGER" on EBAY
Buy "New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie DD05 SHOCKWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Universe 25th Anniv Set *WARRIORS from 3 WORLDS*RANSACK+ 2*NEW*HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations WFC Cybertronian Soundwave Advanced "LOOSE" complete" on EBAY
Buy "Used TakaraTomy Transformers Animated TA-45 Shockwave Original" on EBAY