Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look

Monday, February 8th, 2016 9:39PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Hellscream9999   Views: 30,238

Fellow Seibertronians, exciting news has been brought to us courtesy of Survivefan23. John DeLuna has posted images to his twitter account of two of the new TFSS 5.0 figures: Double Pretender Optimus Prime with Hi-Q and Paradron Medic with Quickslinger. These have been mirrored below for your viewing pleasure. So what do you think of these figures? Are these enough to get you to sign up for the TFSS 5.0? Let us know in the comments below.

Transformers News: TCC AND TFSS 5.0 THREAD

Transformers News: TCC AND TFSS 5.0 THREAD

Transformers News: TCC AND TFSS 5.0 THREAD
Credit(s): John DeLuna Twitter

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764598)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 8th, 2016 @ 9:40pm CST
Trukk and Munky :lol:

8-}
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764599)
Posted by Cobotron on February 8th, 2016 @ 9:44pm CST
That little Prime is pretty Great! :D
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764601)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on February 8th, 2016 @ 9:52pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:Trukk and Munky :lol:

8-}

Trukk IN Munky.
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764603)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 8th, 2016 @ 10:04pm CST
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Trukk and Munky :lol:

8-}

Trukk IN Munky.

That's pretty meta :lol:
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764606)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 8th, 2016 @ 10:05pm CST
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764608)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 8th, 2016 @ 10:09pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Prime makes no sense whatsoever.....but I like it. When can we get retail pretenders back?? I want that stupid gorilla :BOT:

Probably never
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764609)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 8th, 2016 @ 10:10pm CST

Wonder who Quickslinger is based on?
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764613)
Posted by Railbomb on February 8th, 2016 @ 10:16pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Optimus looks to be based on the Generation 2 Gobot mold with Armada Optimus's head. Not sure if the Pretender shell is supposed to homage anything in particular (though I'm getting Universe (2003) Optimus Primal/Robots in Disguise (2001) Optimus Prime vibes from him).

Wonder who Quickslinger is based on?

Cybertron Quickslinger. She had no official toy until now.
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764615)
Posted by RevTibe on February 8th, 2016 @ 10:16pm CST
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Trukk and Munky :lol:

8-}

Trukk IN Munky.

Kinky.
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764618)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 8th, 2016 @ 10:20pm CST
Railbomb wrote:

Wonder who Quickslinger is based on?

Cybertron Quickslinger. She had no official toy until now.

*skims over TFWiki article*

Now I'm wishing it had been Legends-class Groove...
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764622)
Posted by Bounti76 on February 8th, 2016 @ 10:33pm CST

I do wonder though......if this is TFSS 5.0...will the TFCC be releasing it? I thought their license wasn't going to be renewed, due to their announcement stating that all memberships would cease to be effective at the end of the year. Or did I read that wrong?
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764623)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 8th, 2016 @ 10:39pm CST
Bounti76 wrote:Looks promising so far. The Paradron Medic had to happen at some point. Just a few paint and plastic changes to Arcee is all it takes, no remolding.

As far as we know, it was always due to continue through 5.0. As for botcon 2017... not sure about that
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764625)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on February 8th, 2016 @ 10:41pm CST
Medic is a solid buy but that's all! >:oP :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764628)
Posted by Bounti76 on February 8th, 2016 @ 10:54pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Well that's what I'm not sure about. TFSS 4.0 is coming out this year (likely after or around Botcon in 2 months), which means 5.0 is next year, 2017. So if they've lost the license, how is 5.0 going to happen? Or does this signal that they'll still be putting Botcon on and just requiring members to sign up every year?
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764632)
Posted by Survivefan23 on February 8th, 2016 @ 10:57pm CST
Also another that I discovered.
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764633)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 8th, 2016 @ 10:58pm CST
Bounti76 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's just them changing up the membership registration dates, and they all now renew/expire at the end of the year.

I know there was a Facebook post from Pete waaaaay back when this was a big deal, and one of the comments was "Say it ain't so!". I think what's happebing is that Pete is stepping down and someone else is taking over FunPub.
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764635)
Posted by Bounti76 on February 8th, 2016 @ 11:05pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Good to know. I hope that's the case.
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764636)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on February 8th, 2016 @ 11:07pm CST
Survivefan23 wrote:Also another that I discovered.

credit has been given
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764639)
Posted by Zeedust on February 8th, 2016 @ 11:24pm CST
Is it just me, or is the Quickslinger Targetmaster kind of superfluous, since the Paradron Medic won't be able to hold it? And why use the same mold for Quickslinger that they knew they needed to use for Hi-Q?

That Optimus is actually pretty creative, though. That they got Swerve's mold to evoke Prime's standard design is impressive, while at the same time it's different enough to not blend in with the crowd. I'm not sure I feel the need to own it, but I like it being out there, and I might go after it if I wind up with spare cash somehow.
Re: Transformers Subscription Service 5.0 First Look (1764650)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 9th, 2016 @ 12:03am CST
Optimus's deco is more based on the G2 Laser Optimus Prime deco, in vehicle mode, at least. The robot mode deco seems to just be traditional Optimus colors with black limbs thanks to the mold's sprue layout.

The Pretender shell is colored like the variant deco that the original Double Pretender gorilla shell was shown to have at BotCon 1996, along with the other deco that was used as the basis for Oilmaster's shell's deco.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Metals Die Cast Transformers The Last Knight Hot Rod with Coins New MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Rippersnapper Loose Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic TakaraTransformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee(with Collector Coin) MP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BACKFIRE Scout Class 2008 Hasbro Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG Decpticon Card lot 33 Megatron Skrapnel Skywarp Game Rare " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Optimal Optimus, Optimus prime Gorilla Primal Robot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "NIB Transformers Prime Ultra Magnus Beast Hunters Forge Of Solus Battle Hammer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Cyber Battalion JETFIRE Complete Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY