Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing

Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing

Friday, July 24th, 2015 10:03am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 31,115

Thanks to Australian online retailer tfidownunder we get an idea of the release date and pricing for Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide! They have MP-27 due to be released on 12/1/2015 and priced at $90 AUD which based on today's FX rates is about 8000 Yen and $65 USD. Please do note that this is the only site so far to have MP-27 listed and pricing and release date could be an early estimation and can change, but this does give us a good idea to help collectors plan and budget! Of course we will keep you updated when more information becomes available so keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!

Credit(s): tfidownunder

Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1712795)
Posted by cramoptimus maximus on July 24th, 2015 @ 10:35am CDT
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1712809)
Posted by RAR on July 24th, 2015 @ 11:23am CDT

I hate to say it but this might be the most "Compromised" design since the greenish grey MP-03, to my eyes there is more wrong with it than there is right with it.

I'd be happy enough to buy it as a $30.00 KO though or a Hasbro version if it's ever on clearance I suppose. - especially if someone makes that poor legless repair drone some tracks to sit on.

I'm not actively looking forward to it like I was Wheeljack though.
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1712835)
Posted by munkimus prime on July 24th, 2015 @ 12:40pm CDT
RAR wrote:I might buy this Ironhide if they make him in Black but otherwise I'd go with one of the 3rd party ones they just look nicer and have a neater transformation to them.

I'm not actively looking forward to it like I was Wheeljack though.

Wait how can you comment on the Transformation when no one's seen it yet. I also don't think the 3rd party Ironhide's transformation has been shown off yet either.
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1712845)
Posted by Cobotron on July 24th, 2015 @ 12:58pm CDT
cramoptimus maximus wrote:That price seems too low... Im concerned about the price because maybe it is reflective of not being much of a toy...
Don't worry, That price is just a straight conversion from yen to dollar. MP cars are averaging around $52 US converted. The price hike comes when you go through a importer like BBTS or TFSource. So the price is really right on par.
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1712889)
Posted by cramoptimus maximus on July 24th, 2015 @ 2:43pm CDT
I think maybe waiting for this guy for so long makes me feel like he ought to cost more...

The price may be right on, but i would pay more for more ie more quality, more diecast, rubber wheels and gimmicks...

I wished I didn't have to run out and buy kfc articulayed hands and reprolabels for all of my figures to make them all they can be... And, of course, all of that Dr Wu stuff too...
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1712946)
Posted by Emerje on July 24th, 2015 @ 4:27pm CDT
No, I agree, the price does seem too low for a figure his size.

On the normal cars BB stands up to about mid-abs. But in this image Bee doesn't even seem to be clearing Ironhide's hips standing closer to the camera. Ironhide won't be Soundwave or Seeker size, but much larger than the other cars. Considering his size and ridiculous number of accessories there's no way he'll only be 8,000JPY, especially with Tracks at 7,500JPY.

I'm thinking much closer to 10,000JPY, maybe even 12,000JPY.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1712949)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 24th, 2015 @ 4:31pm CDT
TrU Canada will sell him for 300$ + your first born child.
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1712988)
Posted by padfoo on July 24th, 2015 @ 7:51pm CDT
Emerje wrote:No, I agree, the price does seem too low for a figure his size.

I'm thinking much closer to 10,000JPY, maybe even 12,000JPY.

Emerje

The scale seems about right, although G1 scale is notoriously inconsistent!

Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1712994)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2015 @ 8:33pm CDT
padfoo wrote:On the other hand, I am really bothered by Ironhide's forearm in this photo, it looks like its hallow underneath. Previously I thought there was a panel there, but I don't see it now. Is it my eyes or is this poor cost cutting?
It looks instead to be one of his altmode windows instead of a hollowed out gap.
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1712995)
Posted by divineforce on July 24th, 2015 @ 8:41pm CDT
badly disappointed in this designer, his is not worthy!
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1713280)
Posted by SteveGo on July 25th, 2015 @ 10:40pm CDT
divineforce wrote:badly disappointed in this designer, his is not worthy!

So...skip it.
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1713297)
Posted by Cyberpath on July 26th, 2015 @ 1:26am CDT
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1713311)
Posted by Dorkimus on July 26th, 2015 @ 3:52am CDT
Great news! One of my favourite car robots.
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1713325)
Posted by Va'al on July 26th, 2015 @ 5:55am CDT
Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath, who has been raking the internet to separate the multiple sources of the images, we have a new selection of angles and shots from Wonderfest 2015 in Japan, showing off the upcoming Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide! Check out below the robot mode, the battle station and an unpainted vehicle mode, from Twitter users chromless, tomet_s, the Action Robo Facebook page and Weibo user 52Toys.

Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1713326)
Posted by Ironhidensh on July 26th, 2015 @ 5:55am CDT
This figure is nice, but for once I feel like the 3rd party market has really outdone the main MP line.
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1713337)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 26th, 2015 @ 7:03am CDT
First time in a great while that I'm exited for a MP figure! He look sooooo great! I wonder how much Ironhide will cost?

No matter, the very first second this dude's preorders pop up on Amiami, he'll be soooo preordered|

:x
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1713339)
Posted by donny1975 on July 26th, 2015 @ 7:25am CDT

I will be getting at least one of the VooDoo figures so I can see differences in the molds...
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1713340)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 26th, 2015 @ 7:26am CDT
why dont they just show the ratchet mold too? we know its coming.
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1713370)
Posted by budmaloney on July 26th, 2015 @ 10:20am CDT
donny1975 wrote:I am excited to getting an official Ironhide. I am a little disappointed in the hips/crotch being so large but it's ironhide, it's official, it comes with a battle sled that is not part of the vehicle, it comes with a ton of accessories, did I mention it's official. I am willing to overlook the "diaper" look for all those positives.

To be fair, he always had the diaper look in the show.
Re: Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide release date and pricing (1713372)
Posted by munkimus prime on July 26th, 2015 @ 10:40am CDT
I'm glad we finally get to see Ironhide in person and he's looking so good. I don't think I've been as excited for a Masterpiece as I am for Ironhide and the obvious Ratchet Repaint/Remould. Now where's more info on Primal?.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #284 - Welcome to 2010
"Welcome to 2010"
Posted: Sunday, September 12th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Lot Vintage And Movie Series" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots SWIFT THE CHEETAH BOT MiniCons" on EBAY
Buy "Megatron Cyberverse Commander Movie DOTM Transformers Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Stratego Transformers Milton Bradley Board Game 2007 - 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Ultra Magnus new sealed mosc commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Prequel by Ryall, Chris Paperback Book" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kingdom War for Cybertron Leader WFC-S13 Ultra Magnus..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ROTF Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Decepticon Stalker Scorponok NIB" on EBAY