Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup

Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup

Wednesday, October 4th, 2017 9:51am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 10,692

With the confirmation that the next legends figures to be released are indeed a targetmaster Topspin, targetmaster Twintwist, and Seaspray with Lione, we have been getting word from several sponsors regarding the new pre-orders with price points. While we do not yet have pictures to go with the listings, we do have links to the pre-orders that you can use to place your pre-orders and await pictures of the new figures. Some sites do not yet have pre-orders up, so these are just sites with pre-orders actually placed. Check them out below, and let us know which figures you are already planning on picking up!

Big Bad Toy Store ($39.99 deluxes, $19.99 Seaspray): http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?Hi ... &Company=2

TFsource ($39.99 deluxes, $19.99 Seaspray): https://tfsource.com/new-japanese-transformers/

Robot Kingdom (deluxes $29.90, Seaspray $14.90): http://www.robotkingdom.com/catalogsear ... rs+legends

The Chosen Prime ($39.99 deluxes, $19.99 Seaspray): http://www.thechosenprime.com/search.as ... e=4&catid=

Credit(s): Bigbadtoystore, TFsource, Robot Kingdom, The Chosen Prime

Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914468)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 4th, 2017 @ 10:04am CDT
That Kup thing does not bother me in the slightest, and Randomhero had a great point about it. It really is something that should have been found a long time ago if anyone really would have cared about it
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914471)
Posted by o.supreme on October 4th, 2017 @ 10:18am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Black Hat wrote:Christ, how do you misassemble a goddamn 3D render? Especially of such a simple design?
Two possible ways:
1. Intern
2. One too many cocktails at lunch.

:-P

I'm thinking a lot of assembly is done by machine now, which of course would be one explanation for the errors. But it is odd that both :HASBRO: and :TAKARATOMY: product are manufactured at the same location but :TAKARATOMY: seems to have better QC... :???:
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914472)
Posted by triKlops on October 4th, 2017 @ 10:20am CDT
Nightreaper78 wrote:Hi,

Okay, first off this is my first post so Hello to everyone.

Second, that is one dangerous method to get the desired result. I used two thin pointed nail files to release the latches on either side of the fender well then pried the panel out while applying heat with a soldering pen to the rivet. Done in reverse to reassemble. Finished the mod in about two minutes. Hope this helps.

Only one tiny divet where the point of the pen slipped off the rivet. Totally hidden on both modes. Also just me not having the pen gripped firmly enough lol.

Thanks for pointing this flaw out.

Welcome to Seibertron and thanks for your contribution. :APPLAUSE:
Any flicks to go with your specific mod of the figure?
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914474)
Posted by triKlops on October 4th, 2017 @ 10:24am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote: This is specifically why I bought a new set of springs for Trypticon, instead of cutting the originals.

As i, surprisingly, have not gotten Trypty yet, is there any quick info you can give to the specs of your new replacement springs?
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914475)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 4th, 2017 @ 10:35am CDT
triKlops wrote:

Any chance you live in the midwest? I got mine at Menards and can tell you the exact part/item number when I get home. I actually found 1 that I was able to cut in half and use for both hips, so I have the other one still in package somewhere in my basement. I'll check when I get home.
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914478)
Posted by triKlops on October 4th, 2017 @ 10:45am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
triKlops wrote:

Rhode Island but thank you for any info.
Much appreciated. ;)^
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914490)
Posted by Nightreaper78 on October 4th, 2017 @ 11:56am CDT

Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914491)
Posted by megatronus on October 4th, 2017 @ 11:57am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Two possible ways:
1. Intern
2. One too many cocktails at lunch.

:-P

Or one too few cocktails at lunch? :-?
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914492)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 4th, 2017 @ 11:59am CDT
megatronus wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Two possible ways:
1. Intern
2. One too many cocktails at lunch.

:-P

Or one too few cocktails at lunch? :-?

I haven't had any yet, so I am behind. :lol:
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914498)
Posted by triKlops on October 4th, 2017 @ 12:24pm CDT
Nightreaper78 wrote:Ok, I am sorry but I don't have a camera to do flicks or pics but the original post by william-james88 has pics that will show you the location of one latch and the slots into which they go. Picture 3 the person doing the saw blade mod is pointing to the first latch with some kind of metal hook. The second latch is on the opposite side of a hinge. Look in picture 4 for two holes where the top left and right corners of the problem panels are. Pop the two latches. Apply outward pressure to the panel (pry gently) then heat the rivet it should literally just come right loose along with the wheel. once you have both panels and wheels loose simply switch the panels then push them together and heat the rivet. The panel will pop neatly back into place.

Thanks for the heads up on both. ;)^
I will keep this info in mind for when i get my Tryp; sounds like a reasonable alternative.
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914499)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on October 4th, 2017 @ 12:25pm CDT
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914501)
Posted by triKlops on October 4th, 2017 @ 12:26pm CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:As far as the trypticon spring issue goes, I saw one article that suggested basically squeezing the springs for about 5 - 10 minutes (like close open your hand), to loosen them. I did that with mine and haven't had any problems with the transformation since then.

I heard of this one as well.
The more options and alternatives, the better!
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914504)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on October 4th, 2017 @ 12:58pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:
thedistinctroom wrote:Dude, everything is misassembled these days. MPM Prime, my SDCC Metroplex, Trypticon, MP Ramjet, man... tons of stuff. It's like a new trademark.

Don't forget Pyra Magna, G2 Onslaught and TFCC Bludgeon. I know that last one isn't official. But still. This one greatly affected Transformation.

Still looking for a skilled modder to fix those pins, by the way.

Bludgeon is an official figure. Just because TFCC is no more doesn’t take away their figures’ status as official products. If it’s has Hasbro and or Takaras name on them they are official. And while the knees have a flaw they still fully functional and it doesn’t technically hinder the toy. I didn’t even know about that hinge on hotspot until it was addressed 11 months after owning him.

What problem with the Hot Spot hinge? Mine was fine. Same with Onslaught.

The hinge on the three I mentioned are assembled backwards. Which DOES hinder the toys' bot mode. You can't lock the knee in correctly because of this misassembly. It's a HUGE bummer.

Like I said, I didn't even know I could lock the knees for 11 months on hotspot and he stood and posed just fine. Wasn't till it was discovered on pyra Magnus that I even knew you could on the hotspot and onslaught so it wasn't even something gave a frown over

I see what you mean now. Apologies for the initial misunderstanding.

All the same though, once I was informed about the knee-lock, it made the toy at least three times better as an overall toy.

I won't speak for you, but I play with my Transformers, and I can say with 100% that those knee hinges will not stand the test of time. My G2 Onslaught already droops. Bludgeon is just as back-heavy that he falls backward with the slightest gust.
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914516)
Posted by Gutts on October 4th, 2017 @ 2:22pm CDT
Hm, not the first one to report this, but yes, there is very easy way to fix Kup. Semirelease the hooks highlighted by arrows and then its just about 10 seconds of soldering iron touching the metal pin and the panel is free.
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914523)
Posted by Burn on October 4th, 2017 @ 3:27pm CDT
Nightreaper78 wrote:On the subject of Tryp, there is also an easier fix for that than cutting springs. The two cogs inside his hip are miss molded in the center on problem hips. They made the cross shaped hole crooked. If you take (again) a nail file and file the hole out to where it slides up and down the post easier then lube the teeth of the two ratchet cogs with white lithium grease the hip should never seize up again. Mine hasn't. :)

This is just one of many fixes. I employed the "work the spring" method. That is, I took the spring out and spent about half an hour compressing it back and forth to get it working. I'd do this in addition to what you did because those springs are bloody stiff.
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914560)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 4th, 2017 @ 7:12pm CDT
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914562)
Posted by Qwan on October 4th, 2017 @ 7:57pm CDT
Qwan-from-six-days-ago wrote:Welp, I've slammed the pay button on my Kup order from AmiAmi. Really wish I hadn't ended up paying nearly Voyager-price for him but it's a hell of a lot better than not getting it at all. He should hopefully be turning up at my door in about a week or two :-D

Well guess who arrived today :-D That was really quick - nice surprise to put me in a good mood today. I'll probably be back with some thoughts in a few hours!

Yeah sure maybe some of you guys got LG Kup cheaper, or earlier, or whatever - but you know what you didn't get with your LG Kup? A picture of a cute anime girl. I think we all know who got the better deal in the end :P
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914565)
Posted by Delicon on October 4th, 2017 @ 8:07pm CDT
I was called crazy on here a little while ago for questioning why we hadn't gotten a grey Kup yet. People kept saying how Kup should be teal. Personally, I think this is the definitive version of him so far, especially if you liked his cartoon look over the G1 toy. It looks amazing.
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914568)
Posted by steals_your_goats on October 4th, 2017 @ 8:12pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Are Topspin and Twintwist real Targetmasters or are they coming with repainted Titan Master drones like earlier figures?

People are assuming that they'll come with targetmasters, I however remain skeptical. Back at the Tokyo toy show silhouettes were shown for Topspin and Perceptor and people said that it looked like they came with drones not targetmasters. Perceptor was obviously correct so unless something changed I'd put my money on the drones.
william-james88 wrote:Tokyo Toy Show 2017 had their Takara Transformers presentation and while it had official images for many revealed toys, it ended with silhouettes of toys planned to come out later. Taabou's Toybox live tweeted the event and said that the silouettes were of the following toys:

Perceptor
Bumblebee
Topspin
Overlord
Seaspray
Slugslinger

They also stated that it seemed like Perceptor and Topsin came with the titan amster drones rather than targetmasters, while Bumblebee and Seaspray came with Headmasters (aka Titan Masters).
Re: Transformers TakaraTomy Legends Pre-Order Roundup (1914576)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 4th, 2017 @ 9:45pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:

Perceptor
Bumblebee
Topspin
Overlord
Seaspray
Slugslinger

However the most recently listing revealed the "Targetmaster" prefix for Topspin and Twin Twist, indicating they'll come with new-mold Targetmasters, Peaceman/Peacemaker and Spoil/Spoilsport to be exact as they're the only two of the classic ones left (Windblade comes with Pointech/Pinpointer).

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Original Transformer Autobots “Trailbreaker" - 1984 - Black 4wd" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron Earthrise Paradron Medic Lifeline - No Gun" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO Transformers Mini-Con  Slipstream." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Kingdom Lot Of 10 New Hoist Trailbreaker Inferno Scourge" on EBAY