Thursday, July 28th, 2016 4:43am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,366

Via a number of social media platforms, including Facebook and Instagram, for Transformers: The Last Knight, we got a live video (still available now though) of director Michael Bay, and actors Jerrod Carmichael and Mark Wahlberg getting ready to shoot a scene in what looks to be a makeshift hospital or hostel on the Detroit set. Wahlberg in particular seems to have had more than enough, while Bay and Carmichael are still quite filled with energy - check it out embedded below!

Ever wanted to watch Michael B. Bay, Mark Wahlberg and Jerrod Carmichael film a scene? Now you can. We're live from set in downtown Detroit. ‪#‎transformers‬

Credit(s): TLK Social Media

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1809771)
Posted by dragons on July 28th, 2016 @ 6:10am CDT
Deadput wrote:Or the combat part can be his pure cambat ability and has almost nothing to do with his vehicle mode?

He has a tow truck hook so I assume that will be a weapon of his in robot form and with Onslaught revealed I will not be surprised if the Rusted VW van is Swindle and even Vortex and Blastoff are Cgi air vehicles like Starscream was sometimes.

Brawl is already dead so I wonder if they might tie it in somehow with Onslaught being around for revenge or something.

Just remember revenge of the fallen all constructions don't have names when combined to form devastator in movie if there is small possibility there will be another combiner they don't have to have names they can do what they did in revenge of the fallen gather up and combine no talking and names where dropped except for megatron saying devastator destroy
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1809773)
Posted by Kurona on July 28th, 2016 @ 6:17am CDT
The scrotum thing and how easily he got taken out still annoyed me tho.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1809795)
Posted by #Sideways# on July 28th, 2016 @ 8:06am CDT
He's a pirate, for sure. Look at the license plate number: YARR343, the words "Never Back Down" writ beneath it. Kinda sounds like a stereotypical pirate captain urging his crew through a storm or something.

"Yarr, never back down, mates!"
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1809813)
Posted by Munkky on July 28th, 2016 @ 9:13am CDT
Kurona wrote:I think I'm one of the only ones who enjoyed what they did with Devastator in ROTF. Ignoring the, uh, really bad scrotum joke... I loved that devvy. Definitely not my definitive version of the guy, but the original concept for combiners' personalities is that it's a ton of guys' brains mashed together into a crazy, unstoppable machine of destruction - so in that sense, ROTF Devastator is a pretty good adaption and the design reflects that character.
The scrotum thing and how easily he got taken out still annoyed me tho.

I liked Bayverse Devastator too, I actually prefer that design to the G1 version. It is a shame that he didn't do more in the movie, I kind of think it would have been better if the Autobots and NEST just fought Devastator in the finale instead of all those Genericons.

As for Onslaught, I don't really mind that he's not a military truck any more, I still like the vehicle mode and I'm hopeful that Bruticus appears in The Last Knight (I'm half-expecting Barricade and the VW camper to be part of Bruticus, I kind of hope that happens just to see how the fandom reacts).
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1809852)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on July 28th, 2016 @ 10:02am CDT
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1809856)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 28th, 2016 @ 10:06am CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:So...if Onslaught is not a military truck anymore....makes you kinda wonder what the rest of the Combaticons are gonna be? & could they still be called Combaticons :-?
Or... it could just be some Decepticon named Onslaught who isn't part of a team of his own or a combiner.

The first movie had guys named Bonecrusher and Brawl who were their own guys.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1809871)
Posted by o.supreme on July 28th, 2016 @ 10:32am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The first movie had guys named Bonecrusher and Brawl who were their own guys.

Yes but I think many fans *assumed* that since Devastatorahem Brawl was a tank, he could be part of a combaticon group (even though he dies). And Bonecrusher was a...whatever (TF wiki says mine clearing vehicle...) but I think some assumed him as potentially a constructicon...though he dies too.

I am not a hater of these films as some fans are, but I have gotten pretty much used to the idea, that for all the writers that *claim* to have been childhood fans, they don't put a lot of thought to the names they choose for most of the characters, and that they are often not tied to the original Transformers series.

I mean whenever I hear a Transformers name, 99% of the time the image that pops into my mind is the character from the original series, unless it is specified, or was made more immensely popular in another series. For example.. as much as I dislike Armada, the name "Hot Shot" will always evoke the image of the one from Armada, before the one from RiD, although RiD came first.

In fact until AoE, the Films were using names & characters more or less from Original TF (or later added DW & IDW original TF lore) or creating new characters. Having Lockdown appear in AoE basically opens the door that any named character could be from any TF continuity.

Also I just wanted to bring this up again, because I still believe Hasbro is always pushing their own Agenda. Though nothing has been seen or mentioned yet, I still have a strong feeling Windblade is going to be in this film...just because...Hasbro
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1809876)
Posted by JazZeke on July 28th, 2016 @ 10:40am CDT
Deadput wrote:Are they used to it?

From what I hear I think most people are still giving the movies a hard time yet give everything else a pass because "oh it's just a cartoon we don't expect them to be amazing"

People still fail to realize that the movies only have a few hours of screen time compared to the several days worth of cartoon.

This community is going to ruin one of my two only hobbies for me someday.

Do you even read the cartoon discussions? RiD2015 has not gone over well. Likewise with the Unicron Trilogy back in the day.

Do a little homework before you start flinging accusations around.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1809915)
Posted by Madeus Prime on July 28th, 2016 @ 12:28pm CDT
Oh Onslaught, I'm sorry you ended up in this one.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1809984)
Posted by Deadput on July 28th, 2016 @ 2:34pm CDT
JazZeke wrote:
Deadput wrote:Are they used to it?

This community is going to ruin one of my two only hobbies for me someday.

Do a little homework before you start flinging accusations around.

They are still better respected then the movies.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1809985)
Posted by Kurona on July 28th, 2016 @ 2:40pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
JazZeke wrote:
Deadput wrote:Are they used to it?

This community is going to ruin one of my two only hobbies for me someday.

Do a little homework before you start flinging accusations around.

They are still better respected then the movies.

That... depends on who you ask.

In any case guys do we really have to have this same argument over and over
Some of you think the movies suck, some of you think the movies are nice, and Sly prays to Michael Bay at least three times before he goes to bed. And those are all fine. I think we all know where we stand and how we're not going to change where we stand any time soon.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1810039)
Posted by Tyrannacon on July 28th, 2016 @ 5:34pm CDT
Kurona wrote:In any case guys do we really have to have this same argument over and over

Quoted for posterity. Opinions are diverse, we should be diverse and tolerant of other opinions aside from our own. :P

Honestly, I've come to see the Bay films as almost generic action films sadly. They have a few good moments, but they are what they are and they are going to continue being what they are because the GA are buying it up still. It's unfortunate of course, but money is the root of all evil. That and Teletubbies. They are also evil.

Meanwhile, I'm going to hope for a TF film that doesn't involve humans and is more intelligent than this gif of Michael Bay and an explosion, :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1810092)
Posted by Deadput on July 28th, 2016 @ 7:33pm CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:

And in the words of Cyclonus from MTMTE

If I had the chance to end the Earth I would do it.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1810199)
Posted by Va'al on July 29th, 2016 @ 4:11am CDT
Deadput wrote:It won't happen humanity is too evil and greedy to do anything to change things because of how comfortable they are with the degrading state of things.

If I had the chance to end the Earth I would do it.

Seriously: Knock It Off.

You're sounding more and more like Sly by the day. Is that what you want? HM?!

And to keep in tune with your cherrypicking of comics scenes to fit your purposes:

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1810211)
Posted by Deadput on July 29th, 2016 @ 4:43am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
Seriously: Knock It Off.

You're sounding more and more like Sly by the day. Is that what you want? HM?!

Alright that comic response got a chuckle out of me but difference between Sly and me is that I know the movies are flawed and I don't worship them.

I'm just sick of hearing the same complaints every time I end up in a movie or toy thread not because I'm trying to defend them or saying their good.

I'm an 18 year old kid with minor Autism, Learning disabilities, Anger and Depression issues feeling very cynical, depressed and frustrated right now at pretty much everything not just Transformers but due to negativity, hate and all the bad things that are going around the Earth right now and It's driving me completely mental I can't stand it and it gets me even more upset when I try to "escape" reality by going on the internet and seeing even more negativity and "opinions I don't agree with" when I'm trying to avoid it.

I want to actually feel happy and excited for all the Transformers news and to interact with the rest of the community in a jolly good time but I feel and know it's impossible on this planet with everyday being the same I realize I'm acting hypocritical, selfish, not respecting the rules on the site and making the site staff get involved as well as making this sound like some made up sob story but I can't help it I can't control my emotions and I'm unable to get any real help outside of family telling me everything is going to be fine since everything I've tried from counseling to medication not only does not help but it just gets me more angry.

I guess I need to take a break but that's probably just a temporary solution and I'll be ranting again when I see something that ticks me off I'm sorry for the posts but I clearly don't know what else to do.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1810217)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 29th, 2016 @ 4:58am CDT
Deadput wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
Seriously: Knock It Off.

You're sounding more and more like Sly by the day. Is that what you want? HM?!

Go watch some Rescue Bots. It'll make ya feel better and happy. ;)
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1810237)
Posted by Va'al on July 29th, 2016 @ 5:40am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Deadput wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
Seriously: Knock It Off.

You're sounding more and more like Sly by the day. Is that what you want? HM?!

Go watch some Rescue Bots. It'll make ya feel better and happy. ;)

Take Sabr's suggestion. :)

We know you have difficulties with reacting to negativity, but we're trying to make you understand that you're contributing to that very same negativity by adding more of your own into it. You're not alone in your situation, and there are people on here that share your experience and can be willing to help. Just.. try taking deep breaths before replying so viscerally to posts that are just borderline annoying.

Breeeeeeeaaatthheeee.

Processor over matter.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1810258)
Posted by Va'al on July 29th, 2016 @ 6:53am CDT
From the official Transformers Snapchat account, we have two new images showing off some of the props and set dressing being used in the filming at the moment. As you can see below, we have A Wall and A Thing. The Wall has some cryptic mystical magick-like writings that people are speculating might be alien - though they look more like Cuneiform script personally. The Thing has More Things growing out of it, which are a clear indication that Things will happen in the movie. And Rom the Spaceknight.

Speculate away in the Energon Pub about this totally breaking update from the totally serious world of Transformers The Last Knight!

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1810284)
Posted by Tyrannacon on July 29th, 2016 @ 8:37am CDT
As someone with a diagnosis myself I routinely try to rise above it actually. There are of course times where I cannot and I wander off to be alone to work through it. I am very limited due to either having a psychotic break, hallucinations, or just a foul temper that forces me into being I wouldn't say, Galvatron nutty, but I do have moments where I feel me being on that level.

Frankly, I do my best work with myself when I'm alone. So, most of the time though I stick to myself and collecting my favorite things. If I'm having a bad day I try to surround myself with positive elements. I know my diagnosis hurts and disables me, and it has for a long time. I used to avoid doing anything about it actually. I was afraid, but I wanted to be the one to have "mind over matter". In fact I used to avoid taking medication because I wanted to rise above it myself with no help of any kind, but just be strength of will. I was unable to and am now on medication and doing therapy weekly for it. It used to disappoint me, but now I've come to see it as a positive.

So, believe me, I have a lot of hatred towards humanity myself because of what all I have lived and what not. The thing you have to remember is to prevent yourself from contributing to it too. You don't want to add to the problem actually, you want to rise above it if you can and if you can't then you'll want to back away. It was taught to me a long time ago that you can still enjoy something even and be critical of it as well as tolerant of other dissenting opinions you don't agree with. There's no need for cohesion in this case for universally hating/liking the Bay films. I mean criticism and being expressive of that is one thing. Forcing everyone to agree with you, something else entirely. Everybody is going to like different aspects of TF I've found. Like, for example, I used to dislike Animated and was unwilling to give it a chance because of the animation style. I remained open, and I felt that I didn't give it enough of a chance with that line of thought. Fan reaction to it was pretty positive for it as well and I just knew I was probably being a cranky old man about it.

Philosophically, it's part of the whole "rise above" aspect I mentioned earlier. Not allowing yourself to continually be a victim of your disability and challenging yourself to not be contributing to the problem. That is assuredly hard to master itself and you may only be only able to half-handle it. The point is, you're the little engine that could in this scenario. You are managing, you are surviving, and putting your best foot forward. That's all that matters.

Sabr does have a point about Rescue Bots. It is good for elevating one's mood. Even RID 2015 is a lot happier as well and will help. I mean I watched the "W.W.O.D?" the other night when I was having a mixed episode of some kind and I actually laughed at it. Usually I'm just all sorts of wacky there. Go watch those and look at cute cat pictures to melt away that yuck feeling.

On topic: I wonder what those set pictures are trying to show. Like is it part of a temple or whatever? And how long until Bay decides it needs a lot of epic lens flair and epic explosions of some kind in the background? :P
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight - Filming a Scene in Detroit, feat. Exhausted Mark Wahlberg (1810313)
Posted by Va'al on July 29th, 2016 @ 9:13am CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:Apologies Va'al for driving this thread to being off-topic. I felt I had something to offer to hopefully benefit the situation.

Not at all, that was a great, brave, touching post! Thank you for sharing, truly. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series SS-22 Dropkick Bumblebee Movie Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Mini-cons Night Rescue Divebomb Strongarm Firebot" on EBAY
Buy "transformers prime beast hunters blight blot" on EBAY
Buy "New Sealed Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Cogman 2016" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Studio Series Buzzworthy Bumblebee lot of 2 #26 #40 Shatter WW2 ????" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Studio Series Buzzworthy Bumblebee lot of 2 #15 #26 BB + WW2 BB ????!" on EBAY
Buy "Mirage - Transformers Series 2 The Loyal Subjects Vinyl Blind Box Figure 1/16" on EBAY
Buy "Target Exclusive Transformers Beast Hunters Cindersaur / Smokescreen" on EBAY