Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders

Transformers News: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders

Monday, April 3rd, 2017 7:19PM CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 29,109

Thanks to Weibo user 变形金刚改造工厂的淘宝店 we have some new CGI renderings of the Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod! Since being confirmed as a character back in August of last year, Hot Rod has garnered little attention, with only a brief vehicle mode shot in the first trailer and a metal die-cast toy to speak of. The new image shows Hot Rod in 3 different poses, showing off how similar he looks to Bumblebee - who is supposed to be his "brother in arms" - and how he looks standing, bracing, and jumping. Check out the new images below!

Transformers News: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders
Credit(s): 变形金刚改造工厂的淘宝店 on weibo
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871471)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 3rd, 2017 @ 7:20pm CDT
He honestly does look good, and I do like his similarity to Bee yet being a whole new fellow. The only bit I'm not too mad on is the face, but we really haven't seen much of him yet
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871473)
Posted by Deadput on April 3rd, 2017 @ 7:28pm CDT

Looks a bit better now to me.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871475)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 3rd, 2017 @ 7:30pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Well someone on another site zoomed on Hot Rod's face and well... there is a young face there it all makes sense now. (look at the chin you can see the mouth and I feel stupid for not noticing it sooner)

Looks a bit better now to me.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871511)
Posted by Deadput on April 3rd, 2017 @ 8:46pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Ok, that is much better. I can actually see a mouth that I didn't know he had and I can clearly see his optics. That looks much better

It is a very humanoid face which is something people have been wanting from the films.

Yet Dino's beautiful face will never be beaten.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871514)
Posted by Arsnof on April 3rd, 2017 @ 8:54pm CDT

Looks a bit better now to me.

Now that is a better face than 90% of the rest of the series. I'd only say either move the orange bit up above the brow or leave it there and color the bit over the eyes yellow and they got it. Still, DAYUM. So much better.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871516)
Posted by Seibertron on April 3rd, 2017 @ 8:57pm CDT
Deadput wrote:

Yet Dino's beautiful face will never be beaten.

All of the movie faces are a disaster in my opinion. I gave up after the first movie. Optimus with the face shield used to look somewhat OK, but whatever they did to it for this movie made it a mess too. I don't understand why their faces have to be so overly complicated and weird looking. I'm assuming that they must look too cartoonish the more humanoid they look, but there's got to be a compromise somewhere.

Even from a design perspective, it seems like making Hot Rod's "face" silver or some other contrasting color to make it stand out against the color of his head would help make it pop some more to help give visual cues what we're looking at. We shouldn't be having to figure out that he has a humanoid face because someone did some highly zoomed in crop of an image of his head.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871517)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 3rd, 2017 @ 9:00pm CDT
We have learned that Flickering Myth managed to snag an exclusive interview with Isabela Moner, the rising star in Transformers: The Last Knight! The interview is a video interview, and features questions dealing with her role in the movie, her upcoming movie roles, her CinemaCon award, and more, such as the revelation that she got into Transformers by watching it with her brothers when she was younger. Check out the video below!

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871521)
Posted by Deadput on April 3rd, 2017 @ 9:06pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Well what's done is done the best we can hope for in the future are more faces like Crosshairs, Drift and Hound that are easy to make out but are distinct to thier character.

At least for the Autobots their faces are a bit creative and distinct from each other compared to G1 where you needed a different helmet, visor or different mouthplate shape to make them distinct because all the "liquid metal" human faces were 100 identical.

There really is no win win for any of us since for the franchise as a whole faces are either going to be to generic or too complicated.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871522)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 3rd, 2017 @ 9:07pm CDT
Just saying, Hound wins for faces. I love his, it is literally perfect.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871530)
Posted by Kurona on April 3rd, 2017 @ 9:29pm CDT
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871533)
Posted by Deadput on April 3rd, 2017 @ 9:33pm CDT
Kurona wrote:I think I felt myself actually back away from my laptop for a second when I noticed Hot Rod's mouth... that is 100% creepy, not gonna lie.

You should watch out Hot Rod knows where you live lol.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871537)
Posted by Kurona on April 3rd, 2017 @ 9:41pm CDT
Deadput wrote:

You should watch out Hot Rod knows where you live lol.

My defence will be saying that Armada Hot Shot was called Hot Rod in Micron Legend, and I certainly don't like him either :twisted:

On a slightly more serious note Transformers does get off kinda lucky when it comes to face designs, especially recently. Faceplates and Visors alone bring in some variety, and then you've got stuff like Windblade - whether you like her and her design or not, you've gotta admit that face certainly ain't generic.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871551)
Posted by Deadput on April 3rd, 2017 @ 10:03pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Doling out vengeance as he discovers I like every Hot Rod/Rodimus except him :lol:

Yup I was kinda put off by Windlbabe's head at first but I'm starting to like it due to the fact that Windblade is a much more original character in most of the Transformers franchise then say any Arcee.

Speaking of her do any of you think she might have a role in this film?

She "could" be the red Mclaren but I doubt it and think said car is actually a returning Dino which I think there might be a small chance since "Mirage" is getting a toy in the Tiny Changers line but then again characters such as Blackout, Starscream, Lockdown and Sideswipe are getting one too and their pretty much not in the movie due to most of them being...well dead.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871563)
Posted by Seibertron on April 3rd, 2017 @ 11:04pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Speaking of her do any of you think she might have a role in this film?

No I don't. She wasn't listed on any of the character sheets of the hundreds of characters shown in those scale sheets at the Last Knight set in Detroit last summer.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871565)
Posted by ToaLeePrime on April 3rd, 2017 @ 11:11pm CDT
high noon.png
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871568)
Posted by Deadput on April 3rd, 2017 @ 11:23pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

A few questions. 1: What's a scale sheet? 2: Are you allowed to talk about any of the characters on said sheet or is it something forbidden according to contracts?

Anyways I did not think she would be but I was thinking maybe there was a chance said Windblade turns into a jet and Megatron's new jet mode was not on set due to being a "alien" jet also most of Starscream's flying scenes were just cgi and not actually filmed from what I heard.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871574)
Posted by Kurona on April 3rd, 2017 @ 11:33pm CDT
It is rather surprising that Hasbro wouldn't order the movies to have their new put-them-in-everything-ever-thanks character, but then it seems like the movies make so much on their own they get much more of a say in what they can do and who they have.
Of all the media to have creative freedom... :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871580)
Posted by Arsnof on April 4th, 2017 @ 12:01am CDT
ToaLeePrime wrote:
high noon.png

WHAT IN CAR NATION?
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871581)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 4th, 2017 @ 12:07am CDT
Arsnof wrote:
ToaLeePrime wrote:
high noon.png

WHAT IN CAR NATION?
I don't see any flowers. :-P
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod New CGI Renders (1871583)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 4th, 2017 @ 12:33am CDT
I dunno. This face looks a bit too cutesy weird for me. And I'm a big fan of most of the movie faces and love their uniqueness and complexity (I hate the face styles in Animated cos they're just awful and RID2015 cos they creep me out more with their eyes). I wanna see him in action though.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Transformers G1 Takara Hasbro Original Figure Crosshairs 1987" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Energon Igniters Nitro Series, Barricade + Bumblebee IOP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cannon Bumblebee Revenge Of The Fallen" on EBAY
Buy "Dragonstorm Leader Premier Edition The Last Knight Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "2017 McDonalds Transformers Robots In Disguise RID #2 Bumblebee Mask Sealed 2" on EBAY
Buy "2017 McDonalds Transformers Robots In Disguise #4 Optimus Prime Mask Sealed 4" on EBAY
Buy "2017 McDonalds Transformers Robots In Disguise #4 Optimus Prime Mask Sealed 2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Zeta Toys Kronos Set of 5 G1 Aerialbots Superion Silver Arrow Air" on EBAY