Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review

Transformers News: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review

Tuesday, September 19th, 2017 9:35AM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: D-Maximus_Prime   Views: 16,050

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to our very own Chuckdawg1999, we have a new review for you today, this time for the Knight Armor Hound figure from Transformers: The Last Knight! Hound is a new mold that is simple in design but mainly designed for the knight armor gimmick, previously seen with Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Grimlock, and Megatron. Check out Chuck's review below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Hound is the last figure of the Knight Armor subline, of the Turbo Changer subline, of The Last Knight movie line. Transformation is simple as is articulation as the focus is more or the "Armor" gimmick, be aware that the arms like to stick going back into robot mode from the missile truck. While not the best figure of the Knight Armor subline, it does stand out enough to be worth a pickup.

Credit(s): Chuckdawg1999
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1911866)
Posted by Rysquad on September 19th, 2017 @ 4:39pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Rysquad wrote:I never want to transform Nitro ever again


It gets better the more you do it, believe me.

After the 2nd time or so, it is so much fun and addicting. There's a reason he is my figure of the year


Maybe fourth time's the charm for me. I'll keep trying.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1911869)
Posted by skywarp-2 on September 19th, 2017 @ 5:28pm CDT
So I just watched a comparison view video of the Leader Class Optimus Prime transformer from Hasbro Vs Takara's premium repaint and resculpt of parts. Wow! The backpack is now the shield! That is a partsformer I can live with. However, I kinda want to wait to see what a Masterpiece would look like.. Seeing as how the MPM-04 is based loosely on the Leader Class movies 1-3, the Leader class from this movie line with Takara's modification could bode well for the future Masterpiece of Optimus Prime the Last Knight version! I'm actually excited again about collecting! Okay...

Let's be honest fellow G-1 generation fans, who grew up with the first series, like me Don't you have that similar giddy Xmas feeling about this movie franchise?. With Welker, and Cullen on voice over. I've kinda grown to love the Bayformer universe in addition to my beloved G-1..hard to admit. Took 10yrs.but I'll say it. I love bayformers, and especially movie 1-3 Optimus Prime!
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1911873)
Posted by nycPrime on September 19th, 2017 @ 5:50pm CDT
I don't know. I still haven't watched anything past the first movie. No real desire to watch the others though I do have a handful of TLK figures. I only like them for the alt modes and consider the transformation as an added bonus.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1911874)
Posted by Quantum Surge on September 19th, 2017 @ 6:23pm CDT
Checked out my Walmart; no new TLK figures, yet. Nothing but just Titans Return shelfwarmers, Berserkers, Slashes, and Grimlocks (not even RID is linguring!). There's a shop called "Gamer's World" at the Water Tower Place close by to my college; think of it as a less neon and more hobby themed Hot Topic. There are a handful of action figures there (mainly those weird 3 3/4 inch Kenner esque figurines and some video game characters), which made me wonder as to why they haven't gone ahead and sold stuff like Marvel Legends or the Generations themed TFs, be it from the current lines (TLK, Titans) or the previous lines like Combiner Wars or AOE? I've check out some comic shops; those were far from where I live and I'm starting to get pretty upset that either I have to deal with stores aren't stocked before Christmas, or find nothing but a bajillion Funko Pops that take up space in small shops (even FYE sold AOE Deluxes there along with some Marvel Legends).

On the plus side, there are a few Targets close to me (by close, I mean located near where I used to live), and they're starting to have more items than the many Walmarts that are all tales of two halves. Hopefully, I can wait until XMas approaches so I can get them at lower prices since getting the Switch recently got me broke.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1911877)
Posted by BombshellDaBug on September 19th, 2017 @ 7:28pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Also, that legion Dragonstorm is sweet! He and Hound are the last of the legions on my list, along with Deluxe Bee, Rod, Cogman, and leader Dragonstorm


He is really cool! I'd say Dragonstorm is easily my favorite Legion class toy of this line. It's a real shame that they waited until Wave 3 before releasing it. You'd think they'd want to promote the mascot character for this movie the same way they did Grimlock in the AoE line by releasing his stuff first.

I haven't heard anything about Legion Hound aside from Chefatron's review. It didn't sound like he liked it, but I say see for yourself. Always best to form one's own opinion.

Also, I got Deluxe Strafe in the mail today. Haven't opened him yet, but I'd be more than happy to post comparison images with the AoE one if anyone's interested.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1911879)
Posted by Qwan on September 19th, 2017 @ 7:38pm CDT
skywarp-2 wrote:Let's honest fellow G-1 generation fans, who grew up with the first series, like me. Don't you have that similar giddy Xmas feeling about this movie franchise. With Welker, and Cullen on voice over. I've kinda grown to love the Bayformer universe in addition to my beloved G-1..hard to admit. Took 10yrs.but I'll say it. I love bayformers, and especially movie 1-3 Optimus Prime!

I'm not the right age to have grown up only on the G1 cartoon, but a couple G2 VHS tapes I got from a friend in my younger years did form a sizeable portion of my childhood Transformers consumption, so I'll chime in here with perhaps a somewhat unique viewpoint.

Looking back on the earlier Transformers movies I do appreciate them for what they are. The first movie especially was, all things considered, a fairly good adaptation of the 'bots we love onto the big screen (at least, now that we've seen where it can get to *COUGHLASTKNIGHTCOUGH*, it's definitely fairly good by comparison). The character designs weren't super-faithful to the old ones but they did look and feel like Transformers, and I'll agree with you that Optimus especially had a pretty great design. (That RoTF Leader Prime is still fantastic, even if the arms are a little janky by my unreasonably-high standards!)

Now here's where it gets interesting, though - my appreciation for the first three movies may well be somewhat steeped in nostalgia on top of any actual quality they may have had. I was eight when the first one came out (It was actually my first above-PG movie ever, I was a somewhat sheltered child :lol: ) and it left a real impact on me seeing my favorite 'bots up on the big screen, so naturally I'm going to hold it in high regard just on that childhood experience alone. For the next two, doing the math, I'd have been 10 and 12 - so still within that age bracket to feel nostalgic for them (even only 5 or so years down the line). So I guess, rather than simply calling back to my younger years, having the Bayverse movies be part of my younger years has given me that (somewhat guilty) appreciation for them that you describe.

(To stay on topic just a little bit: I don't think I need to say much about my thoughts on TLK other than to mention that after we saw it, my friend and I sat in my car for about 45 minutes and just screamed at the universe in general, but I'm still really liking a lot of the new toys for this line... those I can find anyway :BOOM: )
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1911880)
Posted by william-james88 on September 19th, 2017 @ 7:46pm CDT
BombshellDaBug wrote:
Also, I got Deluxe Strafe in the mail today. Haven't opened him yet, but I'd be more than happy to post comparison images with the AoE one if anyone's interested.

By all means, please do and send us a message by clicking the link in my signature to let us know you posted them :)
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1911883)
Posted by Quantum Surge on September 19th, 2017 @ 8:03pm CDT
Since we're talking about nostalgia, all I can say is that wven though I first heard of Transformers by Cybertron, the first movie was what got me hooked into the franchise, and I love looking back at the days when I can pop in the original trilogy DVDs and have fun recreating scenes with my figures while watching Animated on TV with my younger brother. AOE and TLK were bitter sweet for me, but I can't help but feel warm towards the excitement of the return of the franchise after sort of drought past 2011 and before 2014 (even though there's the Universal ride that I STILL haven't gone to :-( ), and I will always have huge thanks to the Movie Autobots for kicking ass and making me into car collecting, Cybertron with its weird but charming animation, and Animated's Teen Titans/Ben 10 spunk for bringing me into the franchise.

Moving on with the TLK line, I've been looking up Voyager Megatron at walmart.com, and for 26.86, that's not a bad deal. Plus, with a coupon I got from Hasbro, I can get him for 10 dollars less! Question for anyone that has him: is there a way you can remove the head if there is an alternate headsculpt on the way by Dr. Wu and the like?
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1911884)
Posted by Qwan on September 19th, 2017 @ 8:09pm CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:Moving on with the TLK line, I've been looking up Voyager Megatron at walmart.com, and for 26.86, that's not a bad deal. Plus, with a coupon I got from Hasbro, I can get him for 10 dollars less! Question for anyone that has him: is there a way you can remove the head if there is an alternate headsculpt on the way by Dr. Wu and the like?

Absolutely, it's attached by a balljoint if memory serves ;)^ I'll check and confirm when I get home, but I can all but guarantee that you can pop the head off and replace it if you so desire (and if there's a replacement head with the right diameter balljoint-socket, of course).
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1911891)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 19th, 2017 @ 8:57pm CDT
Rysquad wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Rysquad wrote:I never want to transform Nitro ever again


It gets better the more you do it, believe me.

After the 2nd time or so, it is so much fun and addicting. There's a reason he is my figure of the year


Maybe fourth time's the charm for me. I'll keep trying.


I would love to transform Nitro. I finally found him yesterday in the only store near me that isn't overrun with Grimlocks and he broke on first transformation. :BOOM:
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1911988)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on September 20th, 2017 @ 10:52am CDT
Thanks to a listing from Entertainment Earth, we have a breakdown of the Wave 4 Deluxes for Transformers: The Last Knight. This wave will include the highly sought after Cogman, and there will be 2 of him per case assortment, along with the new Bumblebee mold, Crosshairs, Strafe, Berserker, and Barricade. We have mirrored the information below for you.

[quote]Transformers The Last Knight Premier Deluxe Wave 4 Case:
The next evolution of robots in disguise are here with the Transformers The Last Knight Premier Deluxe action figures! Each transforming toy goes from Autobot or Decepticon to vehicle and back again, and includes exceptional articulation with cool accessories. Ages 8 and up. Case includes 8 individually packaged figures:

1x TRA MV5 PREMIER DLX BARRICADE (UPC: 630509516438)
1x TRA MV5 PREMIER DLX DECEPTICON BERSERKER (UPC: 630509516421)
2x TRA MV5 PRE DLX COGMAN (UPC: 630509578726)
1x TRA MV5 PREMIER DLX CROSSHAIRS (UPC: 630509578733)
2x TRA MV5 PREMIER DLX BUMBLEBEE (UPC: 630509578740)
1x TRA MV5 PREMIER DLX STRAFE (UPC: 630509578757)
(subject to change)[/quote]

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1912009)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on September 20th, 2017 @ 11:31am CDT
BombshellDaBug wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Also, that legion Dragonstorm is sweet! He and Hound are the last of the legions on my list, along with Deluxe Bee, Rod, Cogman, and leader Dragonstorm


He is really cool! I'd say Dragonstorm is easily my favorite Legion class toy of this line. It's a real shame that they waited until Wave 3 before releasing it. You'd think they'd want to promote the mascot character for this movie the same way they did Grimlock in the AoE line by releasing his stuff first.

I haven't heard anything about Legion Hound aside from Chefatron's review. It didn't sound like he liked it, but I say see for yourself. Always best to form one's own opinion.

Also, I got Deluxe Strafe in the mail today. Haven't opened him yet, but I'd be more than happy to post comparison images with the AoE one if anyone's interested.

We always like pictures :D

And I really wanted some legions because A) they are actually getting new molds and B) the legions work great with some larger figures, such as Crosshairs, Drift, and Hound riding my dinobots, Megatron to go with Infernocus, and Dragonstorm just looks awesome.

Just wish the original molds had been released first, instead of the repaints. Legions and deluxes were doomed with wave 1 (and voyagers too)
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1912024)
Posted by william-james88 on September 20th, 2017 @ 12:03pm CDT
Speaking if which, My Walmart restocked with guess what
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1912032)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on September 20th, 2017 @ 12:38pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Thanks to a listing from Entertainment Earth, we have a breakdown of the Wave 4 Deluxes for Transformers: The Last Knight. This wave will include the highly sought after Cogman, and there will be 2 of him per case assortment, along with the new Bumblebee mold, Crosshairs, Strafe, Berserker, and Barricade. We have mirrored the information below for you.

[quote]Transformers The Last Knight Premier Deluxe Wave 4 Case:
The next evolution of robots in disguise are here with the Transformers The Last Knight Premier Deluxe action figures! Each transforming toy goes from Autobot or Decepticon to vehicle and back again, and includes exceptional articulation with cool accessories. Ages 8 and up. Case includes 8 individually packaged figures:

1x TRA MV5 PREMIER DLX BARRICADE (UPC: 630509516438)
1x TRA MV5 PREMIER DLX DECEPTICON BERSERKER (UPC: 630509516421)
2x TRA MV5 PRE DLX COGMAN (UPC: 630509578726)
1x TRA MV5 PREMIER DLX CROSSHAIRS (UPC: 630509578733)
2x TRA MV5 PREMIER DLX BUMBLEBEE (UPC: 630509578740)
1x TRA MV5 PREMIER DLX STRAFE (UPC: 630509578757)
(subject to change)


 [/quote]



Hahahahahahahahahaha! I haven't even seen Wave 2 Deluxes! Oh man. Voyagers are the ONLY thing moving in my area. Except Grimlock. Each store has eight Grimlocks.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1912033)
Posted by Quantum Surge on September 20th, 2017 @ 12:39pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Speaking if which, My Walmart restocked with guess what

At least your Walmart has new Voyagers; I'm still looking for Hound, Megs, and another Prime.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1912035)
Posted by skywarp-2 on September 20th, 2017 @ 12:55pm CDT
Anyone got news on a Quintessa Figure yet? An actual one, not the one that comes with Infernocus.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1912039)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on September 20th, 2017 @ 1:25pm CDT
that case breakdown for wave 4, yeesh. considering how badly wave 1 is shelfwarming, Hasbro should have just made it a solid case of 8 Cogmans
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1912042)
Posted by LordPrime99 on September 20th, 2017 @ 1:41pm CDT
Great, cuz I really needed another wave with barricade and berserker clogging up shelves
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1912044)
Posted by nycPrime on September 20th, 2017 @ 1:53pm CDT
SG Roadbuster wrote:that case breakdown for wave 4, yeesh. considering how badly wave 1 is shelfwarming, Hasbro should have just made it a solid case of 8 Cogmans

LoL
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Knight Armor Hound Review (1912045)
Posted by EunuchRon on September 20th, 2017 @ 1:58pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Speaking if which, My Walmart restocked with guess what


ShelfWarmers! More that make you cry! :-D

Ending Soon On eBay

65840 TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DECEPTICON SCOURGE Hasbro MISB IN STOCK - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 9 minutes 34 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-13 Soundwave & Laserbeak - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 9 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Hasbro Movies 4 Age of Extinction AOE Deluxe Lamborghini Lockdown - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 10 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Mail Order Henkei Clear Mirage No box complete Takaratomy - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 11 minutes 59 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers United UN-27 Windcharger VS Decepticon Wipe-Out Figures - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 15 minutes 30 seconds
The Loyal Subjects Transformers 8"  Shockwave Vinyl Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 16 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers FOC Platinum Grimlock & Bruticus Maximus Combaticon Combiner SET - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 17 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Device Grimlock Operationg Optical Mouse - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 20 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017
Twincast / Podcast #186:
"NYCC 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, October 16th, 2017
Website Security Test