Sunday, April 30th, 2017 7:54pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 27,013

With the launch of the Transformers: The Last Knight toyline, there have been plenty of awesome events going on around the world to celebrate the new movie. Well, thanks to the UniĆ³n Cultural Mexicana de Fans de Transformers Facebook, we can tell you that Mexico also got in on the fun! The first event, held in a Walmart parking lot, featured an animatronic Optimus Prime, complete with purple eyes, Souvenirs, toys, and prizes to be given out. It even included some cars based on the characters in The Last Knight, with Hot Rod, Bumblebee, Barricade, and Crosshairs being represented by unofficial cars that come close to duplicating their on-screen alternate modes.

Check out the images below, and if you live in Mexico: follow their Facebook. This set will be traveling around the country to set up and celebrate the new movie!

Transformers News: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country

Credit(s): Unión Cultural Mexicana de Fans de Transformers on Facebook

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878442)
Posted by william-james88 on April 30th, 2017 @ 8:56pm CDT
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878446)
Posted by Kurona on April 30th, 2017 @ 9:01pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:As news team member, I am intrigued. Are we sure this is a mistake and not a surprise reveal of an upcoming redeco?

I feel it's very possible it's an exclusive. Not a very good one, but an exclusive nonetheless.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878447)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 30th, 2017 @ 9:03pm CDT

What are we talking about?
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878450)
Posted by william-james88 on April 30th, 2017 @ 9:06pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

What are we talking about?

This:

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878451)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 30th, 2017 @ 9:07pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

What are we talking about?

This:

Oh, well make sure you quote where it comes from. I was confused as hell as to what you were talking about.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878460)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 30th, 2017 @ 9:17pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:And I doubt this is some sort of upcoming figure. the thing has voyager Megs pictures as a legion class figure. It's just wack

Easy mistake to make with multiple figures name "Megatron" in the line. Same for "Optimus Prime" ;)
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878492)
Posted by Bronzewolf on May 1st, 2017 @ 2:24am CDT

Roadblock (ha), Barricade's annoyingly dedicated tiny deputy that always wants to tag along on patrols.

Plus he can do the smooth criminal!!! :x :x

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878495)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 1st, 2017 @ 5:09am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Image

This is very cool!

Bronzewolf wrote:FINALLY found some TLK toys at my local TRU, but they didn't have Slash or deluxe Barricade, but they did have baby barricade, so I bought him in a heart beat. I couldn't leave empty handed! And he's a stellar little figure, but he's not barricade. The face, the body style, it just doesn't work, Plus I fully intend to get Deluxe Barricade. So, what to do? I thought about using him just as aligned Prowl (as he IS smokescreen, after all) but the gleaming :CON: makes that a bit hard, so I give you...

Forgot I have that mold in my box of figures I don't particularly need to keep. :)
Maybe mine here is Smokescreen before obsessing about Barricade enough to turn into your 'Roadblock'.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878505)
Posted by Emerje on May 1st, 2017 @ 7:59am CDT
It's Monday morning, a week after the street date, and Walmart still doesn't have anything, not even shelf space set aside to put them on. :roll:

BTW, I doubt a knockoff Optimus Prime would have such intricate flame work or leave the clear panels intact on the top of the truck hood and roof. Very strange looking figure, and a strange choice to go with DotM (why not Evasion Prime or the new Voyager?). The way it's painted almost makes it look like it's being shot back into the Earth's atmosphere from space.

Emerje
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878516)
Posted by RAR on May 1st, 2017 @ 9:12am CDT
The New Optimus Sword and shield is interesting even if the deco isn't especially tasteful.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878542)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 1st, 2017 @ 10:29am CDT

That is an awesome idea! Neat, and a little bad-guy deputy never hurt anyone!

Bronzewolf wrote:Plus he can do the smooth criminal!!! :x :x

Now I'm going to need to do this with my Smokescreen
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878546)
Posted by Melodiousgiant04 on May 1st, 2017 @ 10:44am CDT

In the past, what was the time frame for the next wave of figures up to the movie release? I'm guessing (hoping) the next wave would be in May sometime then the rest to coincide with the film release?
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878549)
Posted by william-james88 on May 1st, 2017 @ 11:07am CDT
Some websites state the date of the next wave sometime in May.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878551)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 1st, 2017 @ 11:14am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Some websites state the date of the next wave sometime in May.

Is May now. Gimme muh voyegger meggytron.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878559)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 1st, 2017 @ 12:21pm CDT
Melodiousgiant04 wrote:So I as had a zillion transformers as kids and just now got back into collecting them now that my kids are old enough to have fun with them. Somehow I dropped like $100 bucks on them on impulse over the weekend, lol.

First, WELCOME!

Second, if you are new to collecting and love the Movie lines, try out your local online classified. You can have LOADS of bayformers for cheap. ;)^
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878622)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 1st, 2017 @ 6:15pm CDT
Thanks to Seibertronian Fc203 we have a new Transformers: The Last Knight commercial, featuring Armor Knight Bumblebee! The commercial shown was video recorded, but still captures the commercial pretty well. It features Bumblebee in a stylish-car-commercial type of video, showing off his vehicle mode from different angles with different lighting before going to bot mode. Armor Knight Optimus Prime also appears at the end. This video comes courtesy of Fc203 on youtube and can be viewed below for your pleasure! Let us know what you think of it in the comments section below!
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878677)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 1st, 2017 @ 10:45pm CDT
The first thing that commercial reminded me of was this other commercial:

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878687)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 1st, 2017 @ 11:35pm CDT

Those 3 are the ones I want the most.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878691)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 2nd, 2017 @ 12:02am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Will Voyager Megatron, Hound, and deluxe Skweeks come out soon, or will they come out at the same time as the movie this summer?

Those 3 are the ones I want the most.

Sometime in May was said for Wave 2. I'd like those three as well.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Launch Event Held in Mexico, Will be Traveling the Country (1878692)
Posted by Bronzewolf on May 2nd, 2017 @ 12:11am CDT
I really want Sqweeks as well. It'll be interesting to compare the distribution of these upcoming waves to Generations/TR. Will they be better distributed because they're movie toys and they have priority and they're truly how Hasbro makes it's money?

Sabrblade wrote:The first thing that commercial reminded me of was this other commercial:

Goldstreak. Groovy.

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class Megatron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "????  NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy “STARSCREAM” Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Soundwave Sealed MISB MOSC Voyager War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Decepticon Shockwave Sealed MISB Leader War for Cybertron Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Prowl Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Red Alert Figure" on EBAY