Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail

Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail

Thursday, July 13th, 2017 12:40pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,156

Fellow Seibertronian megatronus sends us a sighting of Transformers: The Last Knight leader class Optimus Prime (but no wavemate Megatron as yet) from the Forbidden Planet store in New York City. With the caveat that Forbidden Planet does not usually stock items via the same channels as other retailers, we expect larger, actual general retail stores to offer the Autobot and Decepticon leaders soon.

If you come across them, make sure to use the Sightings Database and the regional sightings forums to let other fans know - and happy hunting!

Transformers News: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail

Credit(s): megatronus

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1896518)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on July 13th, 2017 @ 2:07pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Bah, why the non-transparent windows version of the first Bee?

Also give us the damn single pack TLK new Deluxe alreadyyyyyyy! I have money in my hand which I want to give to Hasbro right this very second but they don't seem to want it. What's up with that?

Wave 2 hasnt even reached saturation yet, so no reason sores would stock on wave 3 when they still have a ton of wave 2 to sell.

As mentioned in the UK sightings thread I can hardly even find Wave 2 around these parts.

I haven't seen anything past Wave 1 in Eastern Tennessee. My Target store has things like TLK Bumblebee, Slash, Barricade, Berserker, and Grimlock, and TR Bumblebee, Chromedome, Hotrod, Triggerhappy, Optimus Prime and Megatron...
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1896522)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 13th, 2017 @ 2:19pm CDT
Caelus wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Yep, same TLK and same Titans waves here too although with the addition of Broadside next to the Optimus Prime and Megatron Titans figures
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1896523)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on July 13th, 2017 @ 2:22pm CDT
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1896525)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 13th, 2017 @ 2:25pm CDT
Caelus wrote:We had Broadside for a while, but he eventually sold out and they restocked with Optimus and Megatron...

Yeah i hadn't seen him before today. Am not interested in the figure but it was nice to see SOMETHING that hasn't been clogging up those shelves for ages (the wave 3 Titans Deluxes have been there 'forever' even at the discount prices)
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1896531)
Posted by Rated X on July 13th, 2017 @ 2:49pm CDT
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1896534)
Posted by william-james88 on July 13th, 2017 @ 3:09pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Your Bludgeon was stuck in my head a lil bit cos I DID look out for him partially out of curiosity I guess but no new RID stuff I could see (not that I would recognise much of it cos it generally doesn't interest me but I would certainly notice that Bludgeon even though I stated it's probably not for me).

But yeah NO NEW TRANSFORMERS 'ROUND THESE HERE PARTS!

Knowing your taste, I would suggest just sticking with the movie toys instead of getting this Bludgeon. I know you dont like the animated toys and he is a lot like them and works well with them aesthetically. But since they are not part of your collection, this bludgeon might stick out like a sore thumb.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1896535)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 13th, 2017 @ 3:13pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

But yeah NO NEW TRANSFORMERS 'ROUND THESE HERE PARTS!

I dunno. He looks a bit too lacking in chin to fit with Animated. :P

And yeah I liked some clever aspects of certain Animated toys when I bought that huge lot cheap that I sold off seperately (made good profit cos the previous owner couldn't be bothered and just wanted rid in one lot) but aesthetically nope not my thing, you're right. I actually do think wildly different styles of Transformers whether Animated or Movie have forced Hasbro and Takara to up their game in ways and come up with new ideas and solutions in making the designs work in transformable toy form and those lil bits of cleverness benefit the brand as a whole when designing new toys.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1896544)
Posted by william-james88 on July 13th, 2017 @ 4:15pm CDT
Rated X wrote:I saw leader optimus and megs at Target last Saturday. I didnt know this was news. I passed cause I want voyager megs which I havent seen yet.

Yup, big news. If anyone has pics of the toys in store or of the receipt, please send that to us so we can news it
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1896545)
Posted by RAR on July 13th, 2017 @ 4:17pm CDT
It's strange how there is an Optimus with his weapon in Energised shield mode and another with it in blaster mode - but not one with it in it's fully compacted storage mode.

I'm rather amused by Optimus still having the wrong sword though. they just painted it a bit better. worth £10 or so for a replacement i'd say with the options being a plastic or metal one or a harder to find campaign one. - speaking of weapon oddities you can get reproductions of Bee's hammer now made of metal but they may be more voyager sized than suitable for bee at 15.5cm and the other 2 sizes are huge one is 22cm long and the other is 18cm - They also do an an 18cm Optimus sword and an 18cm Megatron one too also all metal.

The giant Golden version of the Optimus sword seems like an ideal weapon for a combiner to me.

I've not got a good enough look at the packaging yet - but if they were not so dangerous looking i'd be wondering if they were licensed as they are covered in hologram like stickers and look licensed (or good at faking looking licensed). I wish someone had done the Optimus Sword from TF Prime in metal - just because it's a nice sword.

Perhaps I'll buy one of the idiotically sized hammers and give it to TFC "Starcats" Dinoking or someone else who looks like they'd hit people with giant yellow hammers for fun.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1896569)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2017 @ 6:08pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

But yeah NO NEW TRANSFORMERS 'ROUND THESE HERE PARTS!

I dunno. He looks a bit too lacking in chin to fit with Animated. :P

Animated Bludgeon was gonna be a pirate anyway.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1896652)
Posted by Kotori_Sonoda on July 14th, 2017 @ 10:24am CDT
Got Sqweeks. Scale's not too bad.

How much are Skullitron/Megs there in the US?
Here in the PH we got them at $36...
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1896668)
Posted by beastwarsbrah on July 14th, 2017 @ 12:36pm CDT
I think I paid $34 for skullitron and megatron but that was with buy one get one 40% off
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1896672)
Posted by Nitro Zeus on July 14th, 2017 @ 2:10pm CDT
Kotori_Sonoda wrote:Got Sqweeks. Scale's not too bad.

How much are Skullitron/Megs there in the US?
Here in the PH we got them at $36...

They're technically 19.99 a piece, but would probably be closer to 42.00 together.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1896703)
Posted by User897 on July 14th, 2017 @ 7:46pm CDT
Lame.

If HasBLO was smart and used Takara's Calibur mould, this thing would fly off the shelves. Instead, this thing is going to rot.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1896713)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 14th, 2017 @ 10:21pm CDT
Looking to spice up your Halloween costume? This is a great role-play toy that's a decent size for big kids.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1897001)
Posted by Bronzewolf on July 16th, 2017 @ 1:10pm CDT
Coming from the Hasbro YouTube and the YouTube channel of Smyth's Toy Store in Britain,
we have two new Transformers The Last Knight toy ads! One is for the Latin American region, showing off the new Titan Changers, and one featuring Mega One Step Changer Dragonstorm! The Titan Changer commercial shows the Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Megatron toys, while Dragonstorm shows his new UV light gimmick. Check both out below!

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1897053)
Posted by shajaki on July 16th, 2017 @ 6:40pm CDT
I'm betting that very few people care about this set, cause hell, even I only care about 50% of it :lol:

TLK TRU Exclusive Optimus Prime Mission to Cybertron! Earth truck Prime is actually better than I remember. Pick out more details with paint and he's be pretty great. He does a lot for such a small mold, but those feet and that backpack make him almost unposable. But the protoform mold.... I love. A lot. Pod mode is neat, and bot mode is super detailed and posable. And this is the best deco yet.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1897055)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 16th, 2017 @ 6:46pm CDT
I already have both 2007 protoform Optimus and AoE Silver Knight deluxe Optimus. So that set is a no-go for me. Still, the Protoform of that set IS the best looking one, hands down.

Anyone who don't have either molds should consider this set. At the very least when it's on sale/clearance.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1897105)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 16th, 2017 @ 9:26pm CDT
Got the wave 2 legion figures, and they actually are really good. The autobots look great riding their dinobots, and I recommend picking them up. Can't wait for wave 3!

Still looking for anything remotely wave 2. Need Sqweeks, Megs, and Hound.

I need to find deluxe Megs so bad. Can't find him around here.

Scorn and Nitro are also on pre-order through TFsource, so I am safe with those 2, makes me happy
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Leader class Optimus Prime Sighted at US Retail (1897776)
Posted by Bronzewolf on July 19th, 2017 @ 11:18pm CDT
Directly from the floor at San Diego Comic Con 2017, site owner Seibertron is providing us images of the display area at the Hasbro booth. The Last Knight display features no toys we haven't seen before, but it does confirm that Deluxe Class Cogman is still on his way, and it shows us more of Crosshairs, Wave 3 Bumblebee, and Strafe. We also get new pictures of Leader Class Dragonstorm!

These are only the initial images, of course, expect the full Seibertron.com treatment as the event continues across the weekend, with the Hasbro Breakfast Press event Thursday morning, panel coverage on Friday and Saturday, and follow-ups with official images and more!

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Action Figure Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Ver. by.TakaraTomy" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic Transformers Bombshell Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG20 Skids" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS **KINGDOM WFC-K9 CYCLONUS NEW** VOYAGER CLASS GENERATIONS SIEGE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers combiner wars alpha bravo" on EBAY