Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com

Transformers News: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com

Thursday, October 5th, 2017 3:49AM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 13,138

Along with the bizarre listing on Amazon.com of the supposedly Walmart exclusive (as Autobots Unite) Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod, it looks like another version of the character is appearing on the online retailer too - Legion class Hot Rod. Check out the listing, which is currently marked as unavailable, and the images below!

Legion Class Autobot Hot Rod figure
Designed with eye-catching detail
Smaller-scale figure that features classic Transformers conversion
Converts between robot and sports car modes
Converts in 5 steps
Includes Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Class Autobot Hot Rod figure and instructions.

Credit(s): Amazon.com
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1914699)
Posted by william-james88 on October 5th, 2017 @ 12:52pm CDT
By any chance, could it be that these listings are just there for secondary sellers to resell the Walmart ones of product from Asia? There are listings out there of products that Amazon never stocked, and only exist at the behest of sellers who use amazon as a platform and these might be the same.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1914700)
Posted by william-james88 on October 5th, 2017 @ 12:54pm CDT
Along with Megatron, Dragonstorm might be the most sought after legion class figure from the Transformers: The Last Knight line. It is one of the few new molds in this class as well as the only toy of a fully new character. So I wanted to look more closely at this toy which has a lot to offer, with it being one of the few new toys of a character specific to this film line.

As far as legion class toys, this one is very ambitious in what it tries to accomplish. It's a three headed dragon and only one set of limbs is shared between the dragon mode and robot mode since two of the dragon heads make up the robot arms. That means the front dragon legs and one of the three long dragon necks/heads are not used for the robot mode and must be out of the way. I make no exaggeration when i say that this toy ends up being more complex than Transformers Prime's Beast Fire Predaking, another dragon Transformer. This differs from many other legion class toys by also having coming with a weapon (something even legends class Generations toys don't come with these days), and the wings have two hinges each for them to be articulated and positioned in different ways for each mode. Plus, there is a nice amount of red and gold paint which makes the robot mode look more painted than most toys nowadays.

He is not without his flaws though. The main problems with this toy are in dragon mode. The way they made this toy, the dragon always seems to be crouching. It makes him look very unintimidating. Plus, the two dragon necks that become arms cannot go very high and match the height of the central head because of the limited opening for the ball joint, which is placed under the heads.

The robot mode is very well done though. Unlike in the film, the dragon just turns into one robot (as opposed to many knights combining into one dragon), but it is a great looking robot. You can pose the wings in two different ways with them either enveloping his arms like a big cloak or them being smaller and more distant so as to give more focus on the robot. What is really cool about the wings being like a big cloak is that the dragon front legs melt into the wing's design making it look like they are part of it and camouflaging them and giving them a new meaning in robot mode.

The colours look great, the gold and red really pop and accentuate the intricate sculpting. He has no elbows or kneed but what I always find limits posing the most in legion toys is the lack of a neck rotation which this toy doesn't have either, predictably so. Still it is a solid legion class toys and easily one of the most ambitious I have ever handled. I hope you have enjoyed the pictures!

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1914714)
Posted by Black Hat on October 5th, 2017 @ 1:39pm CDT
That Legion Dragonstorm is adorable. I want a billion.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1914924)
Posted by primalxconvoy on October 6th, 2017 @ 2:08am CDT
If they had just given it robot neck articulation, this could easily fit into my CHUG collection as either an Autobot or Maximal.

Oh,well...
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1914929)
Posted by bodrock on October 6th, 2017 @ 3:16am CDT
Yep, Legion Dragonstorm is pretty much perfect.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1914970)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 6th, 2017 @ 10:25am CDT

i need that legion Dragonstorm. And the leader. So few figures left to find, yet so far away
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1915019)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 6th, 2017 @ 1:02pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Picked up the TRU Cybertron toy. TRU price matched their store, so I got it for $109.19. Pretty awesome toy really. It's my first experience with a planet-former, and the colors and paintwork are great. I don't regret picking him up.

I just picked up G2 Primus myself on lunch today, I bought it online with in store pickup. Can't want to get home, get the parenting out of the way and open this bad boy up. I'm not really into the movie line, and only have Nitro so far for the TM compatibility, so Primus is probably going to end up a central part of my titan and TR Leader base city once I finally find Overlord. I'll post pics in the appropriate threads once I have him all opened up and again once he is integrated into the city.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1915122)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 7th, 2017 @ 1:08am CDT
courtesy of MRXCustomTF...here's a custom transformable deluxe Dreadbot
(it almost makes you shout...DAAAM YOU HASBRO...&/or Takara...YOU HAD ONE JOB!!!)
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1915158)
Posted by RAR on October 7th, 2017 @ 9:12am CDT
No talk of World War II Bumblebee then ?
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1915301)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 8th, 2017 @ 3:57am CDT
Finally got a TLK Nitro.

Bot mode is perfect as expected. Transformation is ROTF level of craziness. I like it but as usual, the instruction are useless. Can't see sh!t capt'n! I played by ear and completed the jet mode except I couldn't figure out why the front of the wings were so gapy near the nosecone. Even video reviews were unclear. Finally figured out that I rotated the shoulder the wrong way and now, the jet is perfect. Sure, it's robo-junk under the jet, but it's robo-junk that don't look like a bot doing the "Superman". I see junk, yes, but not a robot.

Now all I need is a reasonably priced Thunderwing Titan Master.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1915304)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 8th, 2017 @ 4:43am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Sure, it's robo-junk under the jet, but it's robo-junk that don't look like a bot doing the "Superman". I see junk, yes, but not a robot.

Silverbolt(not BW/BM) suffers the same ;)
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1915308)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 8th, 2017 @ 5:52am CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:

Silverbolt(not BW/BM) suffers the same ;)

Universe Silverbolt is ridiculous and I love it for it. Despite getting rid of so much Transformers to get G1s, I kept him.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1915362)
Posted by RAR on October 8th, 2017 @ 3:19pm CDT
I wonder. Is Hot Rod intentionally supposed to look like a seal ?
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1915386)
Posted by nycPrime on October 8th, 2017 @ 7:24pm CDT
3 Pack Bee is available from Amazon for $60. 3 left as of this writing.

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Bum ... B06XWWH73N

I think the current bee is the same as wave 3 TLK bee?
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1915388)
Posted by Emerje on October 8th, 2017 @ 7:51pm CDT
Just got back from Walmart, still only wave 1 in my area. *yawn* I-)

Emerje
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1915402)
Posted by skywarp-2 on October 8th, 2017 @ 9:36pm CDT
RAR wrote:I wonder. Is Hot Rod intentionally supposed to look like a seal ?

well, not if he was done like this custom..He'd be a lot closer to his movie design. I am hoping we see a Movie Masterpiece of Him that looks as good, or Takara Loves the design so much it makes mods to the deluxe and releases one that looks like this custom again, that would be amazing.. a likely scenario is actually Wei Jiang's movie line series of KO upscaled versions, which could yield a pretty good Hot Rod based again, on similar mods to the custom, using the actual Deluxe as a base like their Evasion Prime mod.. and Deluxe Bumblebee version too. Either way, I want both the deluxe, and I want a more movie accurate bot too.. and can't wait to see what is released next for him.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1915453)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 9th, 2017 @ 10:26am CDT
skywarp-2 wrote:
RAR wrote:I wonder. Is Hot Rod intentionally supposed to look like a seal ?

since you were mentioning 3rd party there(Wei Jiang)

there is a more accurate Hot Rod coming out

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1915499)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 9th, 2017 @ 12:47pm CDT
On a Cybertron note, I wanna talk for just 1 minutes:

This toy is fantastic. I have never gotten to hold a planetformer before, and this guy is great. I love the mold overall, with the Omega lock/Quintessa's chamber thingy needed 4 times for transformation being a lot of fun. And he is so heavy! The colors are great too, I love the orange, purple, and black, and how all the orange is in the core of the planet mode, nice! This is one of those underrated toys from a line and it is actually really a fun toy!!
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1915529)
Posted by Burn on October 9th, 2017 @ 3:22pm CDT
Please keep discussion regarding 3P and KO products to the appropriate sub-forums.
It's too early to be dealing with reported posts.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com (1915578)
Posted by skywarp-2 on October 9th, 2017 @ 9:35pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:
skywarp-2 wrote:
RAR wrote:I wonder. Is Hot Rod intentionally supposed to look like a seal ?

since you were mentioning 3rd party there(Wei Jiang)

there is a more accurate Hot Rod coming out

Holy Snikees! Batman! That's fricking Awesome! I wonder tho..

If They do it, the CGI model looks a bit off. I kinda like this tho..

But if I wanted to have the CGI model modified a bit, I wonder if they could beef him up a bit more and give him a bit more of this...

Now, Back to the Deluxe. I found another image of the Deluxe someone did as a custom..
It's a great try.. Sadly if Takara does a mold upgrade on it's side, I wonder if all they will do is something like this?

The sad part is, that if Takara or even Hasbro did their Hot Rod release like this...

They'd probably have an award for coolest Transformers the Last knight figure. As is, I can't find one locally, and online he's going up in price due to the as usual, retailers not understanding his popularity.. I want a more accurate HOT ROD, and so I think I may just save that bit of cash, and add it to my stash for the more accurate model, third party or Masterpiece.. I just love his look! :BOWDOWN: :APPLAUSE:

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 1 AUTOBOTS BRAWN ANIME PRODUCTION CEL - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 1 minute 50 seconds
HASBRO: TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON: CYBER VERSE: SENTINEL PRIME - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 3 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Perceptor & Convex DLX Class New Sealed - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 10 minutes 26 seconds
2012 Transformers Dark of the Moon WALMART OPTIMUS PRIME Deluxe Figure MOC - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 11 minutes 13 seconds
2012 Transformers Dark of the Moon TRU SCAN SERIES SIDESWIPE Deluxe Figure MOC - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 12 minutes 9 seconds
2012 Transformers Dark of the Moon TARGET BUMBLEBEE Deluxe Figure MOC - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 13 minutes 4 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 KO DINO CASSETTES C-121GURAFI C-122 NOIZU C-123 DAIRU C-124 ZAUR - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 13 minutes 44 seconds
2012 Transformers Dark of the Moon ARMOR TOPSPIN Deluxe Figure MOC - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 14 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent