Transformers News: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards

Monday, January 22nd, 2018 9:04AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 17,419

The 2018 Golden Raspberry Awards, also known as the Razzies, will be giving awards to what they deem to be the worst of 2017. Transformers: The Last Knight is leading the nominations with a mention in practically every single category. No one is spared, not even Josh Duhamel or Sir Anthony Hopkins. There is a full list of the nominees below.

The news broke out on Rotten Tomatoes, a site that aggregates reviews (and is not a critics site).

WORST PICTURE
Baywatch
The Emoji Movie
Fifty Shades Darker
The Mummy
Transformers: The Last Knight

WORST ACTRESS
Katherine Heigl / Unforgettable
Dakota Johnson / Fifty Shades Darker
Jennifer Lawrence / mother!
Tyler Perry / BOO! 2: A Madea Halloween

Kim Basinger / Fifty Shades Darker
Sofia Boutella / The Mummy
Laura Haddock / Transformers: The Last Knight
Goldie Hawn / Snatched
Susan Sarandon / A Bad Moms Christmas

WORST SCREEN COMBO
Any Combination of Two Characters, Two Sex Toys or Two Sexual Positions / Fifty Shades Darker
Any Combination of Two Humans, Two Robots or Two Explosions / Transformers: The Last Knight
Any Two Obnoxious Emojis / The Emoji Movie
Johnny Depp & His Worn Out Drunk Routine /Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Tyler Perry & Either The Ratty Old Dress or Worn Out Wig / BOO! 2: A Madea Halloween

WORST REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL
Baywatch
BOO 2: A Madea Halloween
Fifty Shades Darker
The Mummy
Transformers: The Last Knight

WORST DIRECTOR
Darren Aronofsky / mother!
Michael Bay / Transformers: The Last Knight
James Foley / Fifty Shades Darker
Alex Kurtzman / The Mummy
Anthony (Tony) Leonidis / The Emoji Movie

WORST SCREENPLAY
Baywatch
The Emoji Movie
Fifty Shades Darker
The Mummy
Transformers: The Last Knight

Credit(s): Rotten tomatoes
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1932959)
Posted by DeathReviews on January 22nd, 2018 @ 9:14am CST
So many razzies.... I kept warning them, 'Ditch Bay and everything to do with him', but would they listen?
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1932967)
Posted by King Kuuga on January 22nd, 2018 @ 9:31am CST
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1932968)
Posted by Rated X on January 22nd, 2018 @ 9:32am CST
Why do people get paid to be "critics"?

What credentials do thse guys or the tomato guys have that makes them qualified to read my mind on what type of movies I will or wont like?

I never understood why people follow these guys off a cliff like mindless zombies...must hate movie...critic guys say no good...feed me brains...smh

I liked all 5 Bay movies and all the new Star Wars movies....deal with it. [-(
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1932970)
Posted by Rated X on January 22nd, 2018 @ 9:42am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:
Burn wrote:Sorry but I can't allow the link. While I, and no doubt many others, appreciate your efforts, you're a new member, and without downloading and scanning the files myself, I simply can't allow a file from a new member to be accessed by existing members.

While I'm sure you're on the up and up, please understand WHY I've taken this route.
(By all means, if you wanted to post HOW others can download the files then please do)

That's an interesting rule. I didn't consider what you wrote before this. Is that because you cannot validate it for viruses etc? How about long term users? Can we post similar links instead? Or is it because it's in a zip and noone can tell WHAT type of files are in is (as opposed to links to "raw" files themselves? It might be worth adding it to the board rules a-proper.

I'm sure it's not copyright, as the files are there, officially, for the taking, right?

EDIT: - Could anyone here send them to you, Burn, and, once vetted, they be hosted at this site, or the links given validation?

BTW: Whats the status on this? Can we at least get a link that can get us to the link? (With search instructions)

I can understand that this site is leaning on the safe side, but for those of us who can download stuff safely at least give us a path to the link...
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1932972)
Posted by BluePhirePB on January 22nd, 2018 @ 9:51am CST
The Last Knight should sweep the awards. It was a TERRIBLE movie IMO.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1932973)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 22nd, 2018 @ 9:52am CST
King Kuuga wrote:I can honestly say it deserves most of these, although it's got some stiff competition.
Indeed. It was bad, but some of these other ones are so much worse that it's gonna be tough for TLK to top their badness. :P
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1932974)
Posted by Saminus9000 on January 22nd, 2018 @ 9:59am CST
Yeah that's right, FUCK MICHAEL BAY, FUCK PARAMOUNT, FUCK THEASIANNATION AND FUCK EVERY LAST FAGGOT INVOLVED AND SUPPORTED THIS SHIT TURD!!!!!!!!
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1932978)
Posted by william-james88 on January 22nd, 2018 @ 10:04am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Others are worse, I am sure. But to me TLK was more dissapointing and failed at delivering what I was hoping to see. I dont think anyone expected aything from the EMOJI movie and Bay Watch had the hot actors in swimwear. But Transformers had very little Transformers (or transforming) and a very small aount of Optimus and an even smaller amount of evil Optimus, which made up the main marktting of the film. So while I dont know if all this makes it worse, it definitely makes it most dissapointing.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1932979)
Posted by King Kuuga on January 22nd, 2018 @ 10:06am CST
Caminus9000 wrote:Yeah that's right, **** MICHAEL BAY, **** PARAMOUNT, **** THEASIANNATION AND **** EVERY LAST FAGGOT INVOLVED AND SUPPORTED THIS **** TURD!!!!!!!!

This seems like a good time to point out that the profanity filter doesn't work in article view.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1932980)
Posted by hausjam on January 22nd, 2018 @ 10:15am CST
Because it's just so fracking cool to belittle movies (and everything else) you don't like or agree with. This world, and almost everyone in it, has become a cesspool of hatred. With any luck, there's a large asteroid headed this way.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1932981)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 22nd, 2018 @ 10:20am CST
I'd have to agree on all of these two. And sure, these movies can be enjoyed on SOME level — just like you can enjoy a Big Mac and a big ole glass of sweet red "box wine" — judging them on any sort of serious, critical level as art, acting, dialogue, pacing, plot... they fall apart.

Props to the critics for their experience, knowledge of film history, and gall to flat out call-out a dud. #CallingASpadeASpade

And sure, I like Transformers and explosions, too.

Point is, this ain't no Citizen Kane... maybe not even a Police Academy 3... or Earnest Goes to Camp... or Madea Boo 2... or Sharknado 4....

And yeah, I bought it, too. (Hides in shame.) \\ :POPCORN:
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1932986)
Posted by william-james88 on January 22nd, 2018 @ 10:41am CST
gothsaurus wrote:I'd have to agree on all of these two. And sure, these movies can be enjoyed on SOME level — just like you can enjoy a Big Mac and a big ole glass of sweet red "box wine" :

Well, I find there is merrit to the boxed wine. I personally buy some boxed white wine once in a while .... to cook with it :lol:
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1932987)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on January 22nd, 2018 @ 10:41am CST
I actually enjoyed TLK. By no means my favorite TF movie and it has issues, but I didn't think it was that bad. I didn't have the empty feeling that I had after seeing AOE, so that was an improvement.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1932990)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 22nd, 2018 @ 11:01am CST
Saminus9000 wrote:Yeah that's right, **** MICHAEL BAY, **** PARAMOUNT, **** THEASIANNATION AND **** EVERY LAST FAGGOT INVOLVED AND SUPPORTED THIS **** TURD!!!!!!!!

Oh hell no. Blatant use of homophobic slurs is absolutely not tolerated. I would outright ban you for this, considering you did it knowing you shouldn't, unfortunately we have rules to follow, just like you. This is your first warning.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1932993)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 22nd, 2018 @ 11:15am CST
Yeah, sure, there were things I liked about it. Honestly, Mark doesn't bother me. I thought the mini Dinobots were adorable. (Pity they got as much/more screen time than the actual Dinobots.) Cullen and Welker are epic as always.

But I cringed every time Prime said "I'll KILL YOU!!" or the whole screen was filled with a bunch of dudes that just looked like knights of the round table instead of... well... you know... Transformers.

Transformers are iconic and cool enough to star in a movie without having to make them look like knights... or guys in trenchcoats... or Predators... or... Giger Aliens.... or Rastafarians... or... swirly dust clouds of morphing nanites...

But I digress.

Razzies. Warranted.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1932994)
Posted by Black Hat on January 22nd, 2018 @ 11:16am CST
The real tragedy of this is that Isabella Moner (or whatever her name was, the girl who played Izabella "With a Z!") didn't get any nominations at all. She was easily the worst part of the entire movie. And that's saying something.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1933000)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 22nd, 2018 @ 11:32am CST
I came across the nomination list else where and I can't see the last knight taking home all the awards (after all have you seen the mummy? That trashes the legacy of movies made in the 1930s) but it will get some razzie treatment. Although I would be surprised if the higher ups at hasbro and paramount take any notice
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1933001)
Posted by carytheone on January 22nd, 2018 @ 11:35am CST
william-james88 wrote:Transformers: The Last Knight got nominated for a bunch of Razzies
That reminds me, I still need to watch this.

I like to watch these before I watch a bad movie to enhance the experience. Did so with AoE :-P
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1933003)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 22nd, 2018 @ 11:45am CST
TLK was indeed a bad movie. Not as horrible as AoE, but still bad.

By seeing the other nominee, there's FAR WORSE movies than TLK that deserves the awards. Except the "combo" one. Because it's hilarious.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Nominated Across the Board at the 38th Razzie Awards (1933015)
Posted by blackeyedprime on January 22nd, 2018 @ 12:43pm CST
Weird, it really wasn't the worst Baynus movie yet, either that or my pain has dulled after suffering through the others.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018