Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced

Transformers News: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced

Thursday, February 2nd, 2017 3:42PM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 30,097

There will probably be no news coming from the Nuremberg Toy Fair due to Hasbro's beefed up security but we do have a new detail coming from Portugal since details regarding their offering of The Last Knight products were sent out today. TFW2005 member fallen_revenge translated the details that reveal a new class we had not heard of before: Armor Up Changers. These are the equivalent of three step toys which will have a battle mask gimick. No new images were revealed, that will have to wait until toy fair, in two weeks.

The same news also stated that Portugal will only be getting 6 deluxes instead of the scheduled 12 deluxes already listed in North America. One other detail of note is that their offerings include 0 leader class figures as part of the main line. This was originally speculated due to the absense of that class in the listings found on Amazon. We do know we are getting a redeco of AOE Leader Prime but it seems to not be part of the main line, same with the Masterpiece Movie toys.
Credit(s): TFW2005 member fallen_revenge
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1856804)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 3rd, 2017 @ 12:56am CST
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1856806)
Posted by Emerje on February 3rd, 2017 @ 2:04am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Could it be possible that the Premier Editions do not count towards the main line? I guess we'll find out soon enough. :-?

I guess that depends on how you define counting. The new Premier molds will most certainly be in the same style as the rest of the new figures in the line, but the packaging for the main line will probably be closer to the traditional stuff. I'm thinking we'll see the Deluxe Premier stuff officially announced just before Toy Fair (on Facebook or a random online magazine as they've done in the past) with the real line being previewed at the show.

What I want to know is if they'll still release Barricade in the main line? There's nothing particularly exceptional about his paint, articulation, or transformation from what we can see. Doesn't seem like it would be the same case as Prime First Edition versus the simpler main line. Since the Premier line will probably cost more it would be nice to have a cheaper alternative.

Emerje
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1856841)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on February 3rd, 2017 @ 7:41am CST
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1856850)
Posted by Galva Prime on February 3rd, 2017 @ 8:30am CST
To those wondering about the Premier Editions, this is just the new name for Movie Generations, now that the Generations Prime Wars line will continue concurrently with the movie figures. People are misreading 'Premier' as 'premiere' and assuming they're a kind of first edition. There are listing for figures using code names of Amazon.com that are labelled 'Gen', but on Amazon.ca the same listings are labelled 'Pre'. Also when Shadow Spark Optimus and MPM Bumblebee were revealed at the event in Hong Kong the Hasbro marketing rep stated that Premier Edition is the 'movie accurate' line.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1856856)
Posted by william-james88 on February 3rd, 2017 @ 8:49am CST

They count, for sure. That first wave we found matches up with the listings of the mainline we found on amazon a month ago, with the first wave being 4 characters where one is Bumblebee.

I have no clue why they have to bother with the edition conotation, especially sicne the paint isnt premium and the name reffers more to the fact that these are released first instead of how they have superior quality.

OptimalOptimus2 wrote:No leader class? :???: I wonder why. Is it because Hasbro has placed budget cuts for the TLK toylike, or because Hasbro has placed most of its budget on role-playing helmets and simple One-Step and Three-Step Changers?

Maye they saw that the leader class doesnt sell too well and chose to instead concentrate on items that sold better and have better margins.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1856867)
Posted by Galva Prime on February 3rd, 2017 @ 9:02am CST

There will be Leader figures. Shadow Spark Optimus is Asia exclusive, but from previous info http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/the-last-knight-figure-listings.1096474/page-4#post-14238517, there will be others. No idea if they'll be exclusives or repaints only. Remember, this is info regarding Portugal only. On Amazon there are 12 deluxes and 6 Voyagers listed, so already more than's described here.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1856868)
Posted by Galva Prime on February 3rd, 2017 @ 9:08am CST
william-james88 wrote:

See my previous comment re it being Premier and not Premiere, and how it's the replacement for Movie Generations. Yeah, they're definitely not Platinum Edition quality but I'm guessing the label is used to distinguish the 'traditional' line from the simpler figures and encourage collectors.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1856951)
Posted by RAR on February 3rd, 2017 @ 1:40pm CST
Definition of premier
1 : first in position, rank, or importance
2 : first in time : earliest

Definition of premiere
: premier
Origin and Etymology of premiere
alteration of 'premier'

(from websters online dictionary)

So what distinction are we trying to draw here if the word means "First" that is all I can really infer from it.

As has been previously implied there is nothing about these $20.00 deluxes that screams platinium or premium quality here. they seem to simply be out first.

I suppose someone could be using the word due to the movie connotation of film premieres

-------

But i'm still not sure if the first 4 or 6 deluxes will be boxed then they will change to carded toys - or if the whole line looks like this.

I'll tell you right now i'm not buying that repaint Bumblebee for £15.00 let alone for £20.00 I'm happy to buy a darker toned Slash or The dread or barry for £12.00 to £15.00 if I'm feeling the need to buy something in a few months.

But frankly It would be a better use of my money to spend that money on Takara movie toys. (especially Starscream and Ratchet) not to mention a lot is happening soon in 3rd party and premium-KO's that are a better bang for my buck.

But i'm fond of barry so I'll likely get him as soon as is reasonable.

I do wish they'd reissued dlx Soundwave though as he's a tricky fella to get in deluxe from - I can understand why they'd not do Dlx leadfoot due to expense of renewing the NASCAR licence - and he is supposed to be getting KO'd soon anyway in his unreleased sponsored deco to boot- so that is less of an issue.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1856954)
Posted by william-james88 on February 3rd, 2017 @ 1:54pm CST
I dont even know why anyone would buy that bumblebee if they already have a previous BB using the ROTF design since that is basically what this one is going back to.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1856957)
Posted by Galva Prime on February 3rd, 2017 @ 2:00pm CST
RAR wrote:Definition of premier
1 : first in position, rank, or importance
2 : first in time : earliest

Definition of premiere
: premier
Origin and Etymology of premiere
alteration of 'premier'

(from websters online dictionary)

-------

But i'm fond of barry so I'll likely get him as soon as is reasonable.

There are quite a few meanings for premier, and I'm guessing the ones Hasbro are going with are 'top-tier', 'highest', 'second to none' and of course 'prime'. It means 'first' but in the sense of rank or status etc. rather than first chronologically. Premier and premiere did originate from the same word, but they've gained slightly different uses. Kind of how skirt and shirt came for the same Norse word. The hotel chain Premier Inn isn't claiming to be the first ever hotels, but rather the best; the Premier League is the the football league for the top tier clubs.

Obviously Hasbro is really exaggerating the quality here, but I suppose compared to the one steps these are the best.

premier
ˈprɛmɪə,ˈpriːmɪə/
adjective
adjective: premier
first in importance, order, or position; leading.
"Germany's premier rock band"
synonyms: leading, foremost, chief, principal, head, top-ranking, top, top-tier, prime, primary, first, highest, second to none, pre-eminent, main, senior, outstanding, master; More
ranking;
informaltop-notch, crack
"one of Britain's premier chefs"
of earliest creation.
"he holds the premier barony in the UK—created in 1269"
noun
noun: premier; plural noun: premiers
a prime minister or other head of government.
synonyms: head of government, prime minister, PM, president, chief minister, chancellor
"the Italian premier"
(in Australia and Canada) the chief minister of a government of a state or province.

I can't see they'd be boxing the first wave of deluxes but not the rest. I'm guessing they're doing that to further distinguish them from the simpler figures. The AOE deluxes and power battlers got very easily mixed up on the pegs.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1856974)
Posted by william-james88 on February 3rd, 2017 @ 3:00pm CST
Galva Prime wrote:

Oh I get it now, its to distinguish from other more simple figures. That makes sense since it wasnt always obvious with AOE (like Strafe).

Thanks!
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1857000)
Posted by RAR on February 3rd, 2017 @ 4:30pm CST
This depresses me.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1857040)
Posted by Emerje on February 3rd, 2017 @ 9:17pm CST
Galva Prime wrote:To those wondering about the Premier Editions, this is just the new name for Movie Generations, now that the Generations Prime Wars line will continue concurrently with the movie figures.

That can't be the actual reasoning since Generations Age of Extinction ran concurrently with Generations Thrilling 30 in 2014. More likely they're just trying to avoid any possible retailer confusion this time around since it was a bad idea already the last time.

Emerje
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1857151)
Posted by RAR on February 4th, 2017 @ 12:36pm CST
I have this horrible thought despite the sales figures showing the "Generations" line is pretty popular that they might throw all 3 other mainline under the bus for what seems to be a line of partial repaints.

The really tragic thing is they had a real chance to redeem themselves here with something like a new mould really good 1970's Bumblebee Deluxe.

I'm frankly kind of perplexed what they are going to put in the "Legends" class movie toy releases.

Squeeks certainly - but what else ?

Now if it was me I'd be using the excuse of the 10th Anniversary and making smaller toys of Wheelie, Brains, Igor, Frenzy, The Kitchen Crew, even Alice.

For example they never made a Bunny-bot toy or Frenzy as a Mobile phone.

If they just make the same characters as usual in a smaller size I really won't see the point of that.

It would be fine for a gimic subline for example the scout size RID toys with Minicons and armour if they made something like that only with Movie characters - I'd be up for that.

-------

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1857161)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on February 4th, 2017 @ 1:46pm CST
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1857163)
Posted by UnderYourCloset on February 4th, 2017 @ 1:55pm CST
It says "Autobots Stobotua", or just "Autobots Autobots" with one upside down.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1857179)
Posted by Emerje on February 4th, 2017 @ 3:49pm CST
RAR wrote:Anyone got any ideas what they might do with the Legends class (movie) line? as I'm perplexed.

I imagine they'll just pad it with small versions of the movie cast just like every Legends (and Cyberverse) line before it. This isn't going to be like the Scout class from the earlier movies, this is going to blend a lot of different sized characters into one line.

Emerje
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1857207)
Posted by RAR on February 4th, 2017 @ 8:01pm CST
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Yes that would make total sense for "Legion" class but for "Legends" not so much.

I'd rather have Legions in some case as the scale would make more sense - but Legion Dinobot would be nice - but then so would Legends.

If they did both sizes and treated the Legends class like Cyberverse Commander Class then I'm a happy pussycat (so to speak) .

I hope they play catch up with all the didn't do for AOE though with the Legions (if there is legions that are not just reissues/repaints)
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1857563)
Posted by Emerje on February 7th, 2017 @ 12:42am CST
RAR wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Since when does scale ever make sense in Transformers. ;) After all the first two post-Legion Legends were Optimus and Bumblebee at the very same size. I don't really see any reason for that to change now.

Emerje
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Armor Up Changers Announced (1857566)
Posted by SkyWarpt on February 7th, 2017 @ 1:03am CST
:-? Wondering if premier is more along the lines of Preview figs for 2007 flick or 1st editions for prime

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
"Appliance Wars"
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

Buy "Transformers G2 Megatron Green Tank" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Thundercracker & Crankcase Lot Of 2 Loose Complete EM2157" on EBAY
Buy "transformers universe skyfall generation 2 skyjack" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O Transformers Custom Kreon Series1 DECEPTICON MEGATRON/STARSCREAM/SOUNDWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Kre-o transformers 31145 Mirage brand new" on EBAY
Buy "G2 Rapido Sticker Sheet Vintage Transformers Hasbro Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Convention Exclusive Maestro MTRM-09GII G2 Jazz TFCon 18 Maketoys" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Rattrap Maximal Figure" on EBAY