Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book

Transformers News: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book

Monday, November 6th, 2017 8:23PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 12,394

The holiday season is here, and that of course means it's time for retailer's holiday toy catalogues! Yes, the beloved tradition continues, as most big box stores have released (either digitally or physically) their yearly books of the top toys by now. We're taking a look at Wal-mart's today, where they have included a (albeit small) TF section!

Despite 2017 being a movie year, and a big year for TFs in general, the catalogue features just two toys: The Wal-Mart exclusive Transformers The Last Knight Flip and Change Bumblebee, and the non-transforming dancing Sqweeks figurine. The less then ideal feature follows the trend of the last few years, with less and less Transformers products featured in these retailer catalogues.
Check out the TF section of the catalogue mirrored below, and then go check out the full toy book over on Wal-Mart's website!
Transformers News: Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread
Credit(s): Walmart

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920383)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on November 7th, 2017 @ 10:58am CST
Qwan wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Sqweeks is definitely one of the better deluxes from the line. I do enjoy him, and I am so glad Will sent him to me, seeing as how I still haven't seen him here.

Those legions... I really want Hound and Dragonstorm. they, Bee, and Cogman are all that's left that I want to get. And they are so expensive online... $20 for legions? NOPE

I'd offer to pick the Legions up for you (they're all around my area... somehow), but there's a certain point at which postage costs outweigh the benefits of not paying scalper price. And that certain point is Australia :lol:

It's about the same with Canada! Will has seen them, but the shipping would just make it about the same as scalper prices. Argh.

I did buy Cogman from one of the Chinese sellers yesterday, and he shipped this morning, so we'll see what happens there. I also pre-ordered the War Hammer Bee, so at least if I don't see Bee at all, I'll get one at about the same price as he is right now online with a hammer.
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920397)
Posted by Bronzewolf on November 7th, 2017 @ 11:44am CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Qwan wrote:

Yep, the drought continues over here, too. JUST saw leader Dragonstorm two days ago, and then legion Crosshairs and Drift a week or so ago, both at TRU. Main retail is hopeless, still.

I'll be lucky to get a Sqweeks, let alone a Cogman. :-(
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920400)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on November 7th, 2017 @ 11:49am CST
Bronzewolf wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Qwan wrote:

I'll be lucky to get a Sqweeks, let alone a Cogman. :-(

I actually gave up. My stores in this area never went past wave 1 save for some random sightings, and never for the deluxes or leaders. the voyager class are now the only one I've seen all the figures for since Hound and Megatron just showed up after Scorn and Nitro went in a day here. Other than that, dry. The stores also said they are not ordering any more TLK stuff since the same figures are still on the shelves for the most part. The same Bee with the same paint imperfection has been here since May 6, along with his entire wave.

So yeah, just pay the higher online prices, TLK's distribution completely failed.
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920491)
Posted by fruityrobo on November 7th, 2017 @ 8:06pm CST
but the real question is WHERE IS THE DELUXE HOT ROD IN THE US STORES?
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920493)
Posted by Bronzewolf on November 7th, 2017 @ 8:12pm CST
fruityrobo wrote:but the real question is WHERE IS THE DELUXE HOT ROD IN THE US STORES?

Yep, it really is. He's been in the UK for, What, two months now? Three? The distribution really did fail.
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920518)
Posted by william-james88 on November 7th, 2017 @ 11:48pm CST

It will probably not be stocked. Several Walmart transformers toys have been only available online, especially the ones geared more at collectors and not part of a mainline. This late in the game for TLK toys, it may be easier for Walmart to simply have this be an online exclusive and not bother with the trouble of distributing solid cases to stores of the same product and instead just have it all be in a warehouse.
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920525)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 8th, 2017 @ 12:58am CST
william-james88 wrote:

In that case, keep an eye on those liquidator stores. You never know who'll buy up all those lovely warehouse warmers ;)
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920613)
Posted by Emerje on November 8th, 2017 @ 11:58am CST
It wouldn't be unlike Walmart to be holding out for Black Friday as well. Something new and exclusive to snag the impulse buyers that day.

Emerje
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920646)
Posted by hurricane567 on November 8th, 2017 @ 7:46pm CST
Wow, toys that have been on the shelves since before TLK was in theatres. Not impressed.
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920703)
Posted by william-james88 on November 9th, 2017 @ 12:07pm CST
Several Walmart exclusive Autobots Unite toys from Transformers: The Last Knight have still not been found at Walmart, either online or in stores, in the US. These include the three sets of legion two packs as well as a two pack of one steps which include Bumblebee and Hot Rod. As has been seen in the past, movie toys unreleased this late in the game have appeared at market six stores, like Ross and TJ Maxx, where big box stores like Toysrus and Walmart dump their stock instead of putting it on their own shelves.
Well The Last Knight might be following that trend. Transformers Fan Sunsetter has found the Autobots Unite legion two pack featuring Bumblebee and Hot Rod at Ross in Montebello, California, for $5. There is no word on the other two packs which feature Optimus Prime and Ravenspar and Megatron and Berserker. There are also no images for this sighting yet so if you do find these at Ross, please send us an image or post it on the message boards.

And as with all sightings, to share the news with other fans, you can use our sightings section and sightings forum.

Below are images of the figures possibly appearing at Ross to give you an idea or what to be on the lookout for.

Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920705)
Posted by hurricane567 on November 9th, 2017 @ 12:53pm CST
Where's my Dlx Hotrod?
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920710)
Posted by Marcdachamp on November 9th, 2017 @ 2:22pm CST
Could care less about the Bumblebee, but give me that dang Hot Rod! I've been waiting forever for that guy! =P~
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920722)
Posted by william-james88 on November 9th, 2017 @ 3:09pm CST
hurricane567 wrote:Where's my Dlx Hotrod?

online only for US
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920723)
Posted by Bronzewolf on November 9th, 2017 @ 3:11pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
hurricane567 wrote:Where's my Dlx Hotrod?

online only for US

That's just speculation, Will, right? Neither Wal-Mart or Hasbro has come out and said that's the case. I mean, it's probable, but there's still a chance we might see him in the black Friday or christmas restocks.
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920726)
Posted by william-james88 on November 9th, 2017 @ 3:21pm CST
Bronzewolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
hurricane567 wrote:Where's my Dlx Hotrod?

online only for US

Not speculation, I am just stating the current reality. The person asked where delue hot rod was and the only place to get him was online at walmart. We dont need an official confirmation and it probably wasnt the original plan, but thats whats happening. The CW Boxsets were never mentioned to be online only for the US, but thats what they ended up being in reality.
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920729)
Posted by Bronzewolf on November 9th, 2017 @ 3:26pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
hurricane567 wrote:Where's my Dlx Hotrod?

online only for US

But that's not inherently true. I've personally seen the G2 Menasor and Superion box sets at TRU.

The TLK line isn't over until it's over, so there's still a chance we'll see him (at least somewhere in the US). Like I said, it's probable what you're saying is true, and I agree that the distribution of this line was one of the biggest missteps in hasbro's recent history.
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920744)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 9th, 2017 @ 3:44pm CST
Bronzewolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
hurricane567 wrote:Where's my Dlx Hotrod?

online only for US

In the U.S.? Cuz that's what he meant.
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920745)
Posted by Bronzewolf on November 9th, 2017 @ 3:46pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
hurricane567 wrote:Where's my Dlx Hotrod?

online only for US

In the U.S.? Cuz that's what he meant.

Yes! The G2 Superion shelfwarmed in my TRU's clearance isle for months, before finally disappearing. I didn't realise seeing one was so rare.
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920747)
Posted by Bronzewolf on November 9th, 2017 @ 3:58pm CST
Bronzewolf wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
hurricane567 wrote:Where's my Dlx Hotrod?

online only for US

In the U.S.? Cuz that's what he meant.

In fact I even made mention of it over in the TR thread back when it first disappeared.
Re: Transformers The Last Knight toys featured in the Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Book (1920770)
Posted by william-james88 on November 9th, 2017 @ 8:09pm CST
Anyways, I was mainly referring to Walmart for the CW sets, and comparing them to this hot rod. They end up being practically online exclusive even if its not intended (although I do remember talking to o.supreme about how the bo sets werent being found at retail, but whatever). And to be honest, I dont see how it makes a difference him being on the shelves or not. Arent fans happy that they can select the toy they want directly online instead of hoping it shows up at retail? No need to fight off the scalpers or fear that a kid's parents buys it before you?

I find you guys super lucky, no Hot Rod product will ever get to Canada. For some reason, Walmart doesnt send all its movie exclusives to Canada. Has been the case since I started collecting.

Ending Soon On eBay

FansProject TFX-02 Parallax G3 Trailer for Transformers Classics Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 5 seconds
Transformers Energon Robots in Disguise GRIMLOCK & SWOOP Action Figure! - Time Remaining: 1 day 7 hours 16 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Robots in Disguise OPTIMUS PRIME Action Figure! - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 46 seconds
Transformers RID 2000 Leader Ultra Magnus Incomplete For Parts or Completion - Time Remaining: 15 days 3 hours 1 minute 1 second
Transformers Galaxy Force GD-05 Gasket (Kapamese Cybertron Ransack) - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 1 minute 10 seconds
Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Surge Bumblebee & Mini-Con Buzzstrike MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 7 hours 2 minutes 35 seconds
TRANSFORMERS DREADWING w/SMOKESCREEN Vintage G2 Action Figures COMPLETE 1994 - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 6 minutes 59 seconds
Astrotrain Rodimus Mirage Bumblebee Cliffjumper Grimlock Transformers Classics - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 11 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent