Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role

Transformers News: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role

Monday, June 27th, 2016 4:51PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 28,957

Seibertronian Deadput has pointed us in the direction of the news so many of us have been waiting for. Tyrese Gibson, via Instagram has confirmed that Epps will be returning for Transformers: The Last Knight! He posts a Picture of himself with Micheal Bay and then another post with a Video of the 2. The captions are labelled as follows:
Tyrese Gibson wrote:Rumor has it............ Nah.... Robert Epps is back!!!!!! #T5 summer 2017 just got even more interesting...... @MichaelBay aka #MrImAlwaysAwesome

How about that? Let us know what you think of this latest news in the comments section below!
Credit(s): Tyrese Gibson on Instagram
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801249)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on June 27th, 2016 @ 5:01pm CDT
Looks like Tyrese's dream just came true. And the movie is going back to its military/war roots.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801262)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 27th, 2016 @ 5:25pm CDT
Cool! Epps was one the best human characters in the movies, glad to have him back.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801266)
Posted by Delicon on June 27th, 2016 @ 6:47pm CDT

Beyond all of that, Tyrese Gibson legitimately wants to be part of this franchise because he loves Transformers and has since a kid. I saw him at a couple BotCons and you could tell he was having a blast and was very personable.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801268)
Posted by Kurona on June 27th, 2016 @ 6:52pm CDT
Delicon wrote:I love this news. Epps is easily one of the best human characters in the films. He does his thing, adds to the story but doesn't take up extreme amounts of screen time away from the robots.

I like hearing stuff like that.
I don't subscribe to the idea of "this person should only be in transformers if they like transformers" or anything like that, but it's just always fun to see someone who did have a passion for it or at least likes it getting the chance to star in that franchise. I know I'd be excited if I said some extremely insignificant headcanon - like I don't know, a random micromaster was a radio DJ in Kaon - and it got canonized.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801287)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 27th, 2016 @ 8:50pm CDT
He's probably the best human character in the entire franchise.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801295)
Posted by Delicon on June 27th, 2016 @ 9:31pm CDT
Kurona wrote:

I like hearing stuff like that.

You should have seen how he reacted to seeing Peter Cullen in person at the party on the Paramount lot that year. He flat out told him he idolized Optimus Prime growing up and how he was the dad he never had.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801296)
Posted by RevTibe on June 27th, 2016 @ 9:33pm CDT
Happy to see the NEST squad returning, they were my favorite humans of the first trilogy (I'm glad to see this is a popular opinion!). The line "We've shed blood, sweat, and precious metal together." resonated with me quite well - although at a surface level it's your basic "USE ROBOT WORD INSTEAD OF PEOPLE WORD" Transformers line, in this context it was a cool acknowledgement of the TFs as inherently different to the humans, but still true comrades.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801299)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 27th, 2016 @ 9:52pm CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:Might I advise we attempt to halt reasoning with Sly? Trust me, nothing will ever change his mind. The movies are akin to a religion with him.

As glad as I am that Epps is back, I just hope the movie isn't cluttered to Hell. There already seems to be too many human characters, especially for a movie that's supposed to follow both the war on Earth and Optimus's journey to find the Creators, plus we have some kid and her robot friend thrown in for seemingly no reason. My main concern is the screen time Optimus gets. I hope he gets just as much, if not more than he got in AOE. That, and this whole Knight deal. That was my favorite aspect of AOE, and I need for that to be expanded upon.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801301)
Posted by Deadput on June 27th, 2016 @ 10:06pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:

Dude the only main characters we got right now are Cade, Lennox, Epps and the new girl it's hardly cluttered.

I guess Anthony Hopkins might get a major role too due to how soon he was announced to be in the movie plus there have been many actors hired to be character's who only have few minutes of screen time.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801305)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 27th, 2016 @ 10:14pm CDT
I'm excited for Epps. He and Lennox were great characters to have in the previous movies
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801315)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 27th, 2016 @ 10:26pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

I said I'm hoping it isn't. There are still months of filming left, and I don't want them to announce too many more human characters in the course of those months. The cast right now is as close to perfect as we're ever going to get, I think. Except I'd honestly like to see Joshua return for a small role, but that's it.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801321)
Posted by RevTibe on June 27th, 2016 @ 10:34pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Deadput wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:That's funny, considering the fact that my "religion" is the only thing in existence that matters to me more than these movies.

How can you call the cast perfect without Revenge of the Fallen's Tightest Shirt guys?
We need a new mystical artifact for TF5, and bringing back their Tightest Shirt from RotF would fill that slot nicely, while also being a fun bit of continuity! Perhaps they'll go to Cybertron and find the Tighterest Shirt.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801324)
Posted by Kurona on June 27th, 2016 @ 10:37pm CDT
#TheLastShirt
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801353)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 27th, 2016 @ 11:42pm CDT
Kurona wrote:#TheLastShirt

...The One Shirt to rule them all...
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801362)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 28th, 2016 @ 3:06am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Kurona wrote:#TheLastShirt

...The One Shirt to rule them all...
Wrong franchise, genius. :-P
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801363)
Posted by Ravage XK on June 28th, 2016 @ 3:43am CDT
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801529)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 28th, 2016 @ 3:19pm CDT
Ravage XK wrote:"Left cheek, left cheek, left cheek" and a poorly thrown orange smoke canister is about all I can remember of Epps. Lets hope they give him something better to do this time.

Yeah, it's not like he helped Sam infiltrate Chicago when the :CON:'s took it over or anything >:oP
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801534)
Posted by o.supreme on June 28th, 2016 @ 3:24pm CDT
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801549)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 28th, 2016 @ 3:42pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:It's been a long time since I've watched DotM. I know Sam was a whiney bee-otch (about 10x worse than the previous films) in that film, but I seem to recall Epps was kind of a jerk, maybe he was just trying to force Sam to face the reality of the horrible situation they were in...I still liked the Epps but, maybe my memory is flawed, but it just seems to me like his personality, got darker, more harsh as the films went on. Still glad he signed on for TF5.

No, you're right, but, being plain, they were trying to storm an occupied city - occupied by giant, homicidal, nigh invincible (to their conventional weapons at least) transforming robots and their war vehicles (flying drones, etc.) if any situation were to seem untenable, that certainly qualifies. So, as a soldier, it would make sense for him to not want to risk his friends' lives for Sam's girlfriend...
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Confirmed to Reprise Epps Role (1801590)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on June 28th, 2016 @ 4:38pm CDT
Epps is a pointless character, and the dude is a lousy actor........wait thats exactly the actors Bay hires! my bad all is right in the world of Bayformers

:BOT: :CON:

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "Takara Transformers Generations Henkei G1 IRONHIDE Loose Complete Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Motormaster (NEW) TITANS" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RPMs Speed Series Decepticon MEGATRON Collectable Car by Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Jetfire MISB- Walgreens Version!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Darksteel" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Hot Soldiers Steel Hearts H.S Commander Centurion" on EBAY
Buy "CROMAR NYCC 2019 EE Exclusive Pin & Figure Transformers Generations Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Generations DIRGE Loose, Complete!" on EBAY