Friday, April 7th, 2017 12:03pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 23,488

More Big sighting news! Houstonian Prime has reported that the Voyager class Optimus Prime and Grimlock from the Last Knight toyline has hit retail stores in the US! This sighting comes from a Target in Houston, where Prime was purchased and Grimlock was seen on the shelves with him. Couple this with the numerous Gamestop sightings, not to mention the Toys R Us sighting and we have proof that The Last Knight is coming out in force in multiple locations in the US and around the world! Take this weekend to head on out to your local stores, and hunt down some new Last Knight figures!

Transformers News: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US

Credit(s): Houstonian Prim @Seibertron, Target

This article was last modified on Friday, April 7th, 2017 3:27pm CDT

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872560)
Posted by Houstonian Prime on April 7th, 2017 @ 12:51pm CDT
I was actually quite shocked to see these there. Really was hunting for new Titans Return & RID stuff. Didnt expect these until later this month, but you never know... Thats the thrill in hunting, coming across stuff unexpectedly. The figure itself looks remarkable. The paint app's alone make it worth the extra $5, believe me. And the molded detail is incredible. Seldom do i use these type words to describe, but WOW! What a great figure. They knocked it out of the ballpark on this one.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872561)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 7th, 2017 @ 12:59pm CDT
Dammit. I neeeeeed this Prime to appear at Cambridge Toys R Us nooow. Though it's a £6.40 bus ride everytime I wanna go check so I can't just pop in every day to look if it's appeared before the 24th.

I hope toyhax gets some stickers for the missing flames on the chest and such quickly!
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872567)
Posted by william-james88 on April 7th, 2017 @ 1:14pm CDT
So further proof that the price truly is $30 for voyagers in the US for the entire movie line.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872570)
Posted by Kurona on April 7th, 2017 @ 1:28pm CDT
That pricing is just atrocious. No matter how cool Scorn looks I just can't justify him at that price.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872572)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 7th, 2017 @ 1:31pm CDT
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872573)
Posted by william-james88 on April 7th, 2017 @ 1:36pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:hm. $30 works out at about £25 which is the current RRP for voyagers here in UK but the early Argos listings had them at £32. I'm not buying them all anyways... well... Prime is a must. I think I'm happy with my current Grimlock but I do like that silver one. Depends how I feel when I actually see them on the shelves

You dont want to wait to see if they will release one with a better deco? And by better deco I mean one that has flames on the chest and doesnt look like he is an anime character crying.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872574)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 7th, 2017 @ 1:39pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

And how much would that cost? Would it be part of some expensive Platinum box set of figures? Or a Takara figure that would add much more cost for shipping? I'm not made of money. Or employed. And unlikely to be in the foreseeable future cos health stuffs. I can't afford all the super pretty toys. I often just have to make do with what I can afford and do my best to pretty them up myself. And this Prime toy has a great mold and decent colours for the most part and I can have fun pimping it up. :P

I still prefer my custom AoE Evasion Prime over any of the official ones I've seen and the factory version of that was way worse looking than this Last Knight Prime in paint and colouring.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872575)
Posted by Kurona on April 7th, 2017 @ 2:00pm CDT
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872576)
Posted by william-james88 on April 7th, 2017 @ 2:07pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote: And this Prime toy has a great mold and decent colours for the most part and I can have fun pimping it up. :P

As I tell Black that, if you have the skills and plan on doing touch ups then you are always better off getting the less expensive version.

And, sadly, the takara version is not better than this one. they are the same toys (as is the rest of this entire line) so a better version would have to come from a boxset of some kind. it will be hard for me, but I plan on waiting to get a good idea of what will be offered. Since I dont do touch ups and dont want more than one of this mold, I really want to know what all the options are before I buy it because nothing pains me more than buying a toy only to find out that a better version is released not too long after.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872577)
Posted by william-james88 on April 7th, 2017 @ 2:14pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Honestly with this level of inflation, I'm fully expecting the price gap between buying at retail and of importing a Takara version not being very large. Should be interesting to see, at the very least...

Problem is you cant import that Prime from takara.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872578)
Posted by Kurona on April 7th, 2017 @ 2:16pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Problem is you cant import that Prime from takara.

Wait, what? How come? Is that the same for all TLK toys?
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872579)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 7th, 2017 @ 2:18pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Well I'm certainly not highly skilled at customising and wouldn't make any money selling custom figures I've done but I like having a go at improving figures where the lack of apps annoy me enough and I enjoy it.

This be my custom AoE Evasion Prime I did all myself and the flames are from toyhax and I think it turned out well despite my amateur skills.
Still could never make up my mind whether to paint both side of his shoulder thingys silver or leave it as I've done here where the outside is silver and inside is red (cos the inside forms the lower bit of the red truck). I notice the much improved 10th anniversary one has both sides silver from the pics I've seen so maybe I'll do that too.
But yeah overall I was happy with this and eager to take a shot at the Lask Knight figure.

My photography skills are also very lacking...
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872582)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 7th, 2017 @ 2:41pm CDT
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872600)
Posted by Houstonian Prime on April 7th, 2017 @ 3:41pm CDT
I was sceptical myself with that inflated price tag. But i think the extra $5 is worth it. Theyve obviously put in a little extra work on this thing. This is a great figure. The paint is phenomenal. Its layered on quite well, and the metallic blue and silver really gives that great visual look of the character we see on-screen. The molding is very much detailed also. Especially the torso area. Nice head sculpt also. Besides whats $5 these days anyway. Price of everything else keeps going up, this had to be expected at some point..
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872602)
Posted by Houstonian Prime on April 7th, 2017 @ 3:45pm CDT
Close-up of torso detailing... and sparkling blue paint..
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872603)
Posted by william-james88 on April 7th, 2017 @ 3:46pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Problem is you cant import that Prime from takara.

Wait, what? How come? Is that the same for all TLK toys?

No, just Optimus, he is a TRU exclusive in japan, so its impossible to import him

http://www.toysrus.co.jp/s/dsg-57473760 ... tab-01-tab

The only way to get him is to buy him from someone who bought him at TRU, but that wont happen since its the same toy so why bother?

Megatron Wolf wrote:$30 for a voyger yeah you can count me out, i have a hard time justifying $25 for one $30 is ridiculous. Hopefully this is just because its "premier edition" or what ever its called, similar to how prime had those really expensive 1st edition figures before the main line was out. But if its not & this is the new price point i guarantee a lot of people will be jumping ship, i know i will.

These arent the same as 1st edition toys, it was explained a little while back. Its just the name the more "complex" toys are given to distinguish them from the others. they did that last time too with AOE by calling the deluxes, voyagers and leaders "generations". but that was confusing since there was another generations line at the same time. So this time they are calling those "premier edition" instead of Generations, but its the same thing. Doesnt mean they have more paint apps or whatever, and many are toys we already got in AOE.

So no, its not just for select toys, every single voyager in the Last Knight toyline has a price of $30.

It is the MSRP given by hasbro at toy fair back in february:

TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION VOYAGER CLASS FIGURE Assortment
(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $29.99/Available: Spring 2017)

here's the MSRP for the other classes in case people didnt know:

TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE CLASS FIGURE Assortment
(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $19.99/Available: Spring 2017)

TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT — KNIGHT ARMOR TURBO CHANGER FIGURE Assortment
(Ages 6 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $19.99/Available: Spring 2017)

TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT 1-STEP TURBO CHANGER FIGURES Assortment
(Ages 5 and up/Approx. Retail Price: $9.99/Available: Spring 2017)

TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT LEGION CLASS FIGURES Assortment
(Ages 6 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $6.99/Available: Spring 2017)

TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION LEADER CLASS Assortment
(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $49.99/Available: Fall 2017)

Thats right, leaders are now $50 and Deluxes are $20. Not a TRU markup, just the straight up MSRP given by Hasbro.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872604)
Posted by william-james88 on April 7th, 2017 @ 3:48pm CDT
Houstonian Prime wrote:Close-up of torso detailing... and sparkling blue paint..

Hey, if you can, could you give us images of him in poses and say what you like about him. we could news it and give you credit.Also give us images of him at different angles and of the paint apps. Show us what you love about the toy.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872606)
Posted by william-james88 on April 7th, 2017 @ 3:51pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:My photography skills are also very lacking...

Mine too, the only reason my photos get front paged is because no one else cares to connect all the TR bases together to see what that looks like :lol:
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872608)
Posted by Houstonian Prime on April 7th, 2017 @ 3:52pm CDT
Sure thing... working on it now, ill have some images up soon.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime and Grimlock Spotted at Target in US (1872611)
Posted by william-james88 on April 7th, 2017 @ 3:54pm CDT
Houstonian Prime wrote:Sure thing... working on it now, ill have some images up soon.

Thanks. and there is no such thing as too many images ;)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 80 84 Devastator Constructicon Scrapper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Starscream and wfc generations starscream lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY