Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross

Transformers News: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross

Thursday, November 9th, 2017 11:22PM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 11,578

Just earlier today we reported that there was a chance that the supposed Wal-Mart exclusive Transformers The Last Knight Legion Class Two Packs might be appearing at Ross in the US! This was, at that time, just a possibility, but now we have proof that these figures, and a couple more, are appearing at a Ross in Tacoma, Washington!

Coming from Seibertron reader Richard on Twitter, these photos show all the legion packs with their respective Ross receipt, and a different Wal-Mart exclusive one step changer two pack featuring Hot Rod and Bumblebee! These were all intended to be exlusive to Wal-Mart in the US, but never showed up in that particular store. It looks like Wal-Mart has sent these out to the discount chain. Check out the user submitted photos below!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread
Credit(s): Twitter

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1920795)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 9th, 2017 @ 11:46pm CST
This is like two movies in a row where the entire line didn't make it out to mass retail. I'd be down for that Bumblebee Hot Rod two pack. For those of you wanting Dlx Hot Rod, I would not wait to find it in stores. If it doesn't come out at retail expect secondary prices to shoot up.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1920796)
Posted by Emerje on November 9th, 2017 @ 11:53pm CST
A new TJMaxx just opened near me so I was hoping to find some new stuff, but unfortunately it was the same stuff as the other stores have. Not a single Transformer logo in the store. Looks like Ross and Winners are the discount stores of choice this year for Transformers. Too bad Ross hasn't gone any further north east than New Jersey.

Emerje
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1920799)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 10th, 2017 @ 12:09am CST
I'm a sucker for good Legion figures, so I will get Hot Rod, Berserker (and rename him) and Ravenspar. Don't know what I'll do with the rest... btw I'm still recording product numbers ;)
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1920833)
Posted by reluctantyouth on November 10th, 2017 @ 9:32am CST
Man that is sweet. I have two Ross and one Marshalls near me, but the toy sections have been bulked up with total crap. I have not seen one Transformer item yet this year. I also look for Legos and nada. I really want Hot Rod and Megs at those prices. I hope they do show here soon.

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1920857)
Posted by Bronzewolf on November 10th, 2017 @ 12:26pm CST
Just yesterday we posted a rumor (and then confirmation) that the Wal-Mart exclusive Autobots Unite Legion Class Two Packs would start to appear at Ross stores in the US. Now we have some in hand images of all the figures in the packs, Bumblebee and Hot Rod, Megatron and Berserker, and Optimus Prime and Ravenspar. As mentioned above, these figures were supposed to be exclusive to Wal-Mart in the US, but reportedly never showed up. Wal-Mart has now apparently made the decision to pass these on to Ross, which is move of a discount store here in the US.

These images come to us again from Seibertron reader Richard on Twitter, the same person who first found the packs in Ross. Check the photos out below!

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1920863)
Posted by ScottyP on November 10th, 2017 @ 1:04pm CST
No group shot of Ravenspar with Linkage Microns? 1/10, would not subscribe to this fake fan's feed.

(I kid, I kid ;))
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1920885)
Posted by Noideaforaname on November 10th, 2017 @ 6:37pm CST
Bronzewolf wrote:

<!-- ia0 -->1510338217-dopzqneuiaaq9up.jpg<!-- ia0 -->
Can't unsee little yellow hooded guy praising something or other.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1920887)
Posted by Bronzewolf on November 10th, 2017 @ 7:15pm CST
Noideaforaname wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:

[attachment=0]1510338217-dopzqneuiaaq9up.jpg[/attachment]
Can't unsee little yellow hooded guy praising something or other.

Hot Rod is secretly Krang confirmed.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1920901)
Posted by william-james88 on November 10th, 2017 @ 9:43pm CST
Many fans are still wondering if Cogman will appear at retail stores or not, due to him being part of the final wave of the Transformers: The Last Knight toyline and the trend of tail end toys to be harder to find. The fact that just today we have confirmation that late coming Walmart exclusives have been sold to market six stores and will not show up at their initially designated retail outlet are further cause to fear. But I bring good news, Cogman has been found at Canadian retail. He and his wavemates (who can all be seen in the image below) were found at EB Games, Canada's Gamestop. He was found at the retail price of $29.99 CAD in Quebec City by Cybertron.ca member Keoth. This is a good sign that this same wave will come to other retailers in both Canada and the US.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1920915)
Posted by Octobotimus on November 10th, 2017 @ 11:20pm CST
hey look, its that deluxe that is impossible to find online, guess i'll just keep looking at photos of him :/
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1920919)
Posted by hurricane567 on November 10th, 2017 @ 11:39pm CST
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1920922)
Posted by william-james88 on November 10th, 2017 @ 11:47pm CST
hurricane567 wrote:The last wave of RiD Minicons (Tricerashot et al) also showed up at Canadian retail but never in the states. :-(

True, same for the last wave of Beast Hunters Commander Class figures.

But hey, you guys got Walmart Exlusive deluxe Hot Rod (online) and Walgreens exclusive Brainstorm.

So... give and take?

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1920928)
Posted by Rysquad on November 11th, 2017 @ 12:37am CST
Picked both the Legion and One-Step Hot Rod sets at Ross today. Stock was healthy. Adding to the sightings.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1921559)
Posted by william-james88 on November 14th, 2017 @ 12:56am CST
While Power of the Primes appearing at US retail may be on everyone's minds at the moment, the Transformers: The Last Knight toyline has still not been fully released in the US. The main toy missing from the shelves is Deluxe Cogman from the fourth wave, where he is the only new toy. While waiting for this toy to reach retail, here is a pictorial review of him with comparison shots and images of him at different angles.

I will begin this review by saying that this is my favourite deluxe from the entire line. This is not the recency effect because as many will attest, this line has not been amazing, especially not for the deluxe class. It was plagued with repaints and retools, and the fully original molds like Barricade, Berserker, and Steelbane were not home runs by any stretch due to either over simplicity, poor engineering or poor quality control. For some reason it seems Hasbro and Takara poured all they had into Cogman. As we all know by now, he is Titan master compatible and as you will see below, he can fit two Titan Masters in his cockpit.

Regarding the cockpit, it's really cool how they have the steering wheel on the right side, which is film accurate to the car driven by Cogman in London. As for the car mode in general, it is super sleek. I love how everything fits together perfectly. There is also nice silver paint throughout the side connecting between different panels, adding to the cohesiveness of the alt mode. Plus the rims are painted as are the lights in the back (something that was absent from Transformers toys for a while).

What you see sticking from his backside is not a bad case of hemorrhoids but the hilt from his sword. The vehicle mode accommodates the sword by actually having an extra transformation joint on the robot's pelvis, so that the sword can fit there even though there might not be enough room under the car at first glance.

The only slight complaint I could have is that the titan master ports in the cockpit are very loose and will not keep a Titan master attached. But they can still sit there no problem. Also, there is a big gap between the front of the windshield and where the cockpit actually begins. While I will admit I am not an expert on the Aston Martin DB11, it doesn't look right.

The transformation to robot mode is as good as I think we will ever see for a standard Bayverse deluxe. Since none of the car mode is integrated into the robot mode (due to the fact that Cogman DOES NOT TRANSFORM into that car in the film) it's always tricky to hide away the alt mode kibble. The wave 1 Barricade just let is all hang in his back lazily, with no compression of any kind and I was worried when it first seemed like Cogman would follow suit. But no, the back is very tight and compressed as much as it could be. Of course we still see car bits, but it is neat. And unlike Barricade, Cogman's chest cannot have any alt mode kibble so the front of the car turns partly into his shoulders (which have terrific pose-ability as you can see below) while the rest does a 180 degree turn to fold away into his back smoothly under all the clear plastic windows. It was one of those genius moments of engineering like when one transforms PRID Vehicon's legs for the first time or finalizes the chest on Prime FE Cliffjumper.

The legs also offer an evolved form of what Barricade showed us with several layers of folding. This figure definitely has a higher parts count for all that extra engineering. The way the hands flip out of the car doors also answers the prayer of all fans complaining of hollow bits and engineers not adding extra flaps to make better looking arms. The result is the sleekest robot mode of the entire line, which is crazy for a toy that has so much kibble to deal with.

He is quite poseable but while he does have knees they are weirdly designed as if they were only meant to be used for the transformation (which is odd since that joint is not used for the transformation). Its a tight joint that doesn't act like a regular joint would. Although it does reveal more robot mode detail that one only sees when unlocking the knee. Speaking of detail, his chest does open up to see more cogs and gears. This is necessary for transforming him into alt mode.

He comes with Excalibur (talk of an accessory) and wields it pretty well, as you can see below. I feel he makes an even better knight themed Transformer than the actual knight themed Transformer we got in this line, especially his shining armour. Speaking of which, the paint job is fine. Toys can always use more paint but I am not complaining here. The grey/silver plastic used her isn't dull but feels like an actual colour.

Overall, he is the best deluxe of this line, bar none (my runner up was Sqweeks, if anyone was curious). Definitely a worthy pickup for those who like the movie aesthetic and those who enjoy innovative yet streamlined transformations. And of course, for any fan of Titan Masters too. Speaking of which, here he is next to the other tail-ender, Slugslinger, showing the compatibility.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1921579)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 14th, 2017 @ 6:26am CST
Good review even if I disagree with some of it (I REALLY like Berserker and Barricade and overally find the TLK Deluxes far better than any of the Titans Return deluxes especially since they have to turn into realistic vehicles and not made up sci-fi stuff) In fact Cogman himself does the Titan Master gimmick far better than any of the 'true' Titan Masters I've owned in my opinion since they had to work it into a real car and ended up TWO seats in there and it collapses fairly well into his backpack.

Your Cogman got a better black wash than mine did but I added some myself anyways to fix up the lacking parts but also the plain areas such as the arms and thighs and a little bit on the Cogman Titan Master himself. I still really love the detail sculpt and blackwash on the area revealed by lifting the chestplate. It's typical cogs and gears but not something you often see on a Transformers figure.

Wave 3 Bumblebee is easily my fave of the line. I love both modes and he's fun to pose and he just looks awesome. I really like Sqweeks and he's a fun toy but he's so ridiculously oversized he simply does not fit in with the other figures at all (why there's now a third party KO that's even bigger, I do not know, can they not do a shrunken down one?). Cogman is great fun and as I said I really like Barricade and Berserker (in fact Berserker's become one of my fave Decepticon toys ever). I haven't got any of the others yet as waiting for price reductions due to already having owned some of them before (I want the new Crosshairs as liked the AoE one and this one is just nicer)

Anyways yeah good review and I agree about the good points of Cogman's toy. Lovely photo work as usual. :)

Is it ok that in my 'personal canon' that after the death of Burton that Cogman made himself the larger body out of their car so he could still do his butler duties but to a Transformer instead, perhaps Optimus Prime, whether Prime wants his services or not? :P
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1921640)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 14th, 2017 @ 12:29pm CST
Finally a Bayverse Transformer I want to buy. He's pretty slick looking.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1921664)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on November 14th, 2017 @ 1:24pm CST
Really awesome looking figure that I cannot wait to get! Why oh why does Cogman need to be the hard to find end of the line figure
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1921689)
Posted by bodrock on November 14th, 2017 @ 1:51pm CST
Cogman looks cool -- and this explains why I haven't found him yet. He will make the perfect Autobot transtector, like Nitro Z is for the Cons!
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1921694)
Posted by Autobot N on November 14th, 2017 @ 2:34pm CST
Got Steelbane in today. Honestly, he isn't as bad as some people say. His arms and legs are pretty tight, and he looks pretty cool. Only two things I don't like about him:
1. The sword is made out of a rubbery plastic, which is pretty annoying since my Steelbane's sword was bent out of shape (I bought a secondhand copy). This problem was fixed by swiping the sword from Deluxe Silver Knight Prime and giving it to Steelbane.

2. The wings suck. Since they're made of rubbery plastic as well, both of them are warped, and they make Steelbane back-heavy and just look bad. This problem was fixed by popping off the wings and setting them off to the side (since the dragon mode isn't that great, it's not like I'm missing out on anything).

Overall, a pretty good figure and my favorite TLK deluxe (granted, the only other one I have is TRU Megatron) until I get Cogman.
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Two Packs found at Ross (1921720)
Posted by TulioDude on November 14th, 2017 @ 5:54pm CST
Cogman is one of my must have in this line love the character and the toy looks pretty nice too.

Ending Soon On eBay

GRIMLOCK Transformers Generations Dinosaur T-Rex Robot Movie Comic Book Toy - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 49 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers TOY Cloud9 C9 W01-B Black Quakeblast G1 MP Shockwave New instock - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 51 minutes 2 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ARMADA STARSCREAM Generations 30th Anniversary Jet Plane Robot Toy - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 55 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters : 'PREDAKING'  Voyager Class (2: 002) by Hasbro - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 56 minutes 46 seconds
Predaking Predacon Leader Beast Hunters Transformers - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 58 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers HFTD - Leader Class, Optimus Prime! NISB! - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 hours 59 minutes 56 seconds
NEW HASBRO TRANSFORMERS DOTM MOVIE MECHTECH WEAPONS SYSTEM OPTIMUS PRIME 2010 - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 hours 8 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt New In Box - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 9 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent