Transformers: The Original '80s Series Comics Now Available Digitally

Transformers: The Original '80s Series Comics Now Available Digitally

Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 11:17am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 33,275

The original Transformers comics series form the '80s is now available digitally from IDW! Click here to start downloading. Also available through ComiXology.

Credit(s): IDW Publishing

This article was last modified on Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 2:18pm CDT

Re: Transformers: The Original '80s Series Comics Now Available Digitally (1378319)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 9th, 2012 @ 11:19am CDT
I was tempted to buy volume 1 of transformers classics for $12.99 but on closer inspection, I realised that buying that means you pay more for them. The individual issues at $0.99 come to $10.89. For shame on IDW for trying to sucker in people who might jump at the chance to get them.
Re: Transformers: The Original '80s Series Comics Now Available Digitally (1378328)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2012 @ 11:34am CDT
I've already got volumes 1 and 2 of the most recent reprints in trade paperback form. I'll continue to get them as I like owning the physical items in hand.
Re: Transformers: The Original '80s Series Comics Now Available Digitally (1378346)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 9th, 2012 @ 12:10pm CDT
I just started loading up on the trades and original comics. I may still download though. Save me a heap of cash and effort hunting issues down. I still do like having the comic in-hand though. Old school.
Re: Transformers: The Original '80s Series Comics Now Available Digitally (1378352)
Posted by alldarker on May 9th, 2012 @ 12:15pm CDT
Nice concept, but I already own the first rereleases IDW paperback Classic Transformers Volumes 1 to 6.
Even without the Marvel characters (and with purple Soundwave), those suit me just fine.
Re: Transformers: The Original '80s Series Comics Now Available Digitally (1378401)
Posted by Blackstreak on May 9th, 2012 @ 2:30pm CDT
This would be even cooler if it was free to those who already own hard copies. Not wanting to ruin my complete set of these I'd read them from the digital copies. Maybe when I have money I'll do this digital thing. But, I am excited about this.
Re: Transformers: The Original '80s Series Comics Now Available Digitally (1378461)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 9th, 2012 @ 6:11pm CDT
This had better not mean that they're toying with the idea of discontinuing the physical trades. While the US stuff is rather commonplace, the UK book NEEDS to be reprinted ON PAPER and IN ORDER for the sake of preserving that continuity. The bonus material in Classics UK is also way more comprehensive, making them worth buying even to those lucky few who have all the originals.
Re: Transformers: The Original '80s Series Comics Now Available Digitally (1378573)
Posted by Autobot-Hellstriker on May 10th, 2012 @ 6:52am CDT
I already have the G1 Comics series on a digital format, got them early 2011 .
But i wont dare to reveal how i got em, because the means are propably not allowed for discussion here. :-$
Re: Transformers: The Original '80s Series Comics Now Available Digitally (1378580)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2012 @ 7:38am CDT
Autobot-Hellstriker wrote:I already have the G1 Comics series on a digital format, got them early 2011 .
All I'm gonna say about this is... Me too. :WHISTLE:

But I am collecting the physical trade reprints that began last year. :-B
Re: Transformers: The Original '80s Series Comics Now Available Digitally (1379237)
Posted by Seibrtronian on May 12th, 2012 @ 2:27pm CDT
Awesome news, this means I can actually read them without the fear of damaging my Marvel UK issues!! Can someone tell me if theres a complete set of all these new reprints please?

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers SS-13 Shadow Raider Japan Import" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Legend Class Bumblebee cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Lot Megatron Shockwave Hammerbyte Cyberverse Adventures" on EBAY
Buy "transformers vintage lot Hightower, Grimlock, Rollbar (used/incomplete with Box)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 57 Offroad Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Armada Unicron with minicon Dead End 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Original G1 Transformers Constructicon Scrapper Laser Pistol Weapon Lot" on EBAY