Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise

Transformers News: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise

Saturday, December 2nd, 2017 2:40AM CST

Category: Collectables
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 7,359

Fellow Seibertronian Sunstar has been gracious enough to send us some more images of the chocolate Transformers advent calendar she found in Burlington, Ontario, which sports a Transformers: The Last Knight theme and carries UK-made chocolate goodies (with chunkier chocs for later in the month, too, though not Transformers shaped) - you can check out the image below, and browse around your local British import shops for a chance at finding one - this particular set is from The British Grocer! Social media tells us that these are also out in the US, so try hitting some stores and let us know what you find.

From the southern lands of (currently snow-ridden) Italy, we also have images of a similar calendar, this one featuring the Robots in Disguise character designs, and containing Walcor's chocolate instead of Kinnerton's. Check it all out below - and if you're feeling the festive spirit, take out your camera-like device and join the #Transformersmas challenge with the Seibertron.com community! Read more on that here.

Credit(s): Sunstar, Va'al
Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1924569)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 2nd, 2017 @ 4:00am CST
Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1924573)
Posted by Va'al on December 2nd, 2017 @ 4:20am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Could have sworn I posted a pic of that Last Knight calendar weeks ago. :P I even have mine hanging up on my wall now that it's in use.

I think you may have, I do remember seeing it somewhere!
Do you have a link to the post?
Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1924574)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 2nd, 2017 @ 4:30am CST
Va'al wrote:

I think you may have, I do remember seeing it somewhere!
Do you have a link to the post?

First time I've used that nifty search button at top there, typed in calendar and scrolled down til I found my post on Oct 23rd. Didn't realise it had been quite that long. But yeah I did post it here, phew. I was starting to think I just posted it on twitter. :P

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=42&p=1917990&hilit=calendar#p1917990

Good that it's more available in places in case other folk want some TF advent fun too. :)
Today's lil door reveals Megatron on left and Bumblebee on right. :)
Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1924603)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on December 2nd, 2017 @ 10:15am CST
Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1924604)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 2nd, 2017 @ 10:18am CST
Aimless Misfire wrote:10+ years of having stupid Bumblebee shoved down our throats. If only they would put half as much effort into getting the toys into stores as they do brainwashing everybody into buying Bumblebee crap. Dammit Hasbro! Not everybody likes Bumblebee!

Chill dude... this topic's about Advent Calendars, no need to be all weird and ranty...

(and movie Bee is awesome and am not braindwashed so shush. :michaelbay: :P )
Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1924615)
Posted by Sunstar on December 2nd, 2017 @ 11:36am CST
I do kinda agree on the bee comment (not fond of him IDW is good though), but regardless of that, I am ever so happy to have an advent calendar finally.
Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1924622)
Posted by Wingz on December 2nd, 2017 @ 12:22pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

(and movie Bee is awesome and am not braindwashed so shush. :michaelbay: :P )

They should make a decepticon version with dark chocolate. I'd buy it.
Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1924645)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 2nd, 2017 @ 3:01pm CST
Wingz wrote:I think it's more that Bumblebee is used so often. There are so many alternatives that go untouched. I guess it's like being forced to eat Strawberry poptarts every time you want them despite knowing that there are a lot of other flavors you aren't being allowed to have(I personally don't care for poptarts, but it was the best analogy I could think of on the spot). While I understand the argument and have little against the character, I definitely understand where the frustration comes from, also.

They should make a decepticon version with dark chocolate. I'd buy it.

Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1924654)
Posted by Wingz on December 2nd, 2017 @ 3:36pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:If the rant was on a topic about the Bumblebee movie or more Bee toys or something I might understand it. But a topic about something as harmless and unimportant to the brand like an advent calendar seems a strange place to vent the frustration. :P

While not conveyed very clearly through the frustration, I translated the post as wanting to see the calendar with a different character on it, which would have been on topic. I can definitely see where you're coming from with regard to the Bumblebee comments, specifically, and that it's an odd place for venting, but I sort of agree that it'd be nice to have a variety of these calendars with different characters :( (if that actually was the original meaning behind his/her post - I don't know for sure and would never presume to speak for other people; if not, then consider it my personal thought)

Still hoping for a decepticon themed with dark chocolate! That picture of the milk chocolate figure in the calendar shown looks very....milky. o.o
Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1924681)
Posted by Sunstar on December 2nd, 2017 @ 7:57pm CST
Weird double post of the same thing, sorry.

edit: found a use for it.

Wingz wrote:

They should make a decepticon version with dark chocolate. I'd buy it.

I would so love that. I prefer dark choco to milk.

in regards to the bee thing, its just a desire for some choice in characters. Megatron, Soundwave, Ironhide, Dinobots - you get the idea. (its not even a matter of bay vs G1 - but a matter of cons vs bots or seleciton) Its just usually Prime or Bee. I once did ask hasbro why just the bots and the response was "its what people want" No its not... not everyone wants Autobots... some are con fans. I can only guess hte reason is because you're not supposed to like the bad guys.

I haven't opened my second pocket yet... been a bit in the dumps, I'll give the choco to my husband,
Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1924735)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 1:14am CST
Yeah but advent calendar typically for kids and Bee is the kid-appeal star of the films so naturally he'll be the calendar guy. If they made more than one movie calendar available then you might get another character or faction but he's the safe choice here.

Also this really amused me this morning....
Let's open door number 3! Who shall we see? Oh there's Optimus Prime on the inside of the door, hello Prime, and now let's have my chocolate and see who's hiding under... It's BUMBLEBEE IN YOUR FAAAACE!!! with his eyes saying "I AM YOUR GOD. BUY ALL MY TOYS! YOU WILL OBEY!" :D

*munches chocolate happily while buying more Bee toys online*
Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1924737)
Posted by Sunstar on December 3rd, 2017 @ 1:19am CST
I guess I won't bother taking photos of the rest of my pockets.
Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1924792)
Posted by Prime Nova on December 3rd, 2017 @ 12:12pm CST
The UK have the 2 Movie ones - the foil one pictured & another one. RID one not out in the UK
Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1988918)
Posted by william-james88 on October 12th, 2018 @ 6:07pm CDT
Another holiday season means more advent calendars coming and just like last year, we have several Transformers themed ones. All this news comes from Australia at the moment but it means the product is out there and ready to be distributed. Griffin from Ozformers took images of the chocolate calendar with evergreen designs and we also have images of a Ooshies Transformers calendar. Those are the small squishable Transformers figures you may have seen in stores already. They are all G1 themed and this calendar comes with several exclusive ones.

You can see these calendars in the images below along with a write up of the chocolate calendar from Griffin.

As of this week, both of the Kinnerton ones are now out, with the cheaper one found at BigW (so far), and the more expensive one found at Aldi (so far).
Cheaper one (Optimus and Bumblebee on the front) - $3 at BigW - 24 days/chocolates (40gm).
Glossy one (just Bumblebee on the front) - $4 at Aldi - 25 days/chocolates (90gm).

We've been having Kinnerton advent calendars in Australia since the first Movie in 2007, so the format hasn't really changed - a thin cardboard package with a plastic tray inside of 24-25 chocolates that you access by opening up doors/flaps for each day of December. (basically, you need to get this, or give this, before December 1st)
I think images printed inside the packaging (revealed when opening the flaps) is new though. I'm pretty sure previous ones were just blank cardboard inside.

Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1988938)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on October 12th, 2018 @ 9:35pm CDT
I might pick one of these up just for the heck of it.
Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1988959)
Posted by blackeyedprime on October 13th, 2018 @ 2:34am CDT
Glossy milk chocolate flavor
Re: Transformers Themed Advent Calendars - The Last Knight and Robots in Disguise (1989102)
Posted by Prime Nova on October 14th, 2018 @ 10:03am CDT
We have them in the UK. Prime one 89p Bumblebee only 25 £2

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
"On The Prowl"
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Buy "transformers generations windshear runaway heavytread insctructions" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Deluxe Bruticus Combiner from SDCC 2012" on EBAY
Buy "Black Friday Transformers Generations Combiner Wars G2 BRUTICUS Gift Set MIB" on EBAY
Buy "BRAND NEW!!!**Transformers Construct-Bots Optimus Prime/ megatron  135 total pcs" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Hound Age of Extinction Voyager Figure loose" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS BRUTICUS 6 FIGURE COMBINER WARS BOXED SET NEW SHOCKWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G07 Bakudora" on EBAY