Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer

Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer

Monday, August 29th, 2016 10:22pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 26,999

Also please remember to let us know if you find any new toys in the wild. As of now, there are still no reports of Leader Soundwave, nor the Robots in Disguise wave that includes Windblade, nor the one that includes Ratchet, and the solo release of the new weapon mini-cons hasn't been reported either. So please write to us if you see any of those.

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer

Credit(s): TF fan George

Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1819915)
Posted by Mr Skram on August 29th, 2016 @ 10:27pm CDT
Yesterday at my closest local Wal-Mart it looked like they thought they were supposed to get the new weaponizer mini-cons. All the tags were full price and said "NEW!", but it was just freshly restocked with the previous waves' mini-cons. Whereas not long ago, within the last couple weeks those spots had the very same mini-cons with clearance price tags.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1819917)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 29th, 2016 @ 10:47pm CDT
Mr Skram wrote:Yeah, my bad. I originally said it clicked but after playing with it a few times after that I realized it just felt like it clicked. Probably was the dumb luck connecting it on the first try getting in my head.

Hey, it's a cool find nonetheless!
Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1819922)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2016 @ 11:06pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:
Railbomb wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:Coincidence or planned-ahead playability value? You make the call!

Like Scattershot as a gun for Fort Max, I gotta say happy coincidence

Can someone fill me in on this Scattorshot thing?

From the THINGS YOUR TRANSFORMERS CAN DO THAT YOU NEVER REALISED thread:

Mr Skram wrote:Scattershot can become a turret for Fortress Maximus. I originally posted this to the awesome pics and poses thread, so sorry if I'm overposting or you've already seen it. Figured it belongs here more than other threads though.

A few tips for added stability if you want to try it. Rock the knee joint back, and have the fists tilted down so they touch the extended leg panels. If aligned properly it'll feel like Scattershot clicks into place on Fort Max.

I can confirm that I have done this too. Right now I have the cannon bent over the other way (at about a 30 degree elevation) because Ft. Max is in Battleship mode...
Cool. Reminds me of when the Fortress Maximus in Animated was armed with its main cannon:

Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1819924)
Posted by .... on August 29th, 2016 @ 11:25pm CDT
I need to watch Animated again.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1819952)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on August 30th, 2016 @ 4:11am CDT
william-james88 wrote:It's interesting how Titans Return has brought out more places than ever for the hunt. Wave 1 deluxes were first at Fry's, the wave 2 deluxes at Wallgreens and now the wave 2 voyagers are appearing first at Meijer. Fellow Transformers fan George, from the Talk Transformers Facebook page, has taken a picture of his findings at Meijer in Roseville, MI. These toys have been found in other Meijer locations as well. Seibertron has just posted the galleries on both Astrotrain and Alpha Trion so take a look at those in case you are not sure whether these are worth the hunt.

I saw Soundwave at Madness Games and Comics this week.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1819983)
Posted by william-james88 on August 30th, 2016 @ 8:48am CDT
Nik Hero wrote:I saw Soundwave at Madness Games and Comics this week.

Was it at a high markup? We usually look for sightings from chains that get their product directly from hasbro and not a third party, like comic book stores which get their shipmnts from Diamond. He's also on Amazon but only from third party sellers.

Also guys, the site owner had some thoughts on Astrotrain, which I found interesting. Its on how his feet could have been better:

I think what could have really saved the toy for me is if the feet (of all things) hadn't been half assed. Two things stand out (and this reminds me we should be having this conversation on the forums) ... they should have done something so the "tips" of his feet could fold in so that he'd have squared off Transformer feet, and the "locomotive" part of the feet should have been able to spin around 180 degrees to make the feet stable if you decided to show the train side of the feet instead of the shuttle feet.

That would have been better. But I still like this mold regardless. Its my favourite toy from this line so far. For some reason, none of the hollowness bothers me in the least, it all makes sense. And that robot mode kicks so much ass. It really looks like my ideal image of a Transformer.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1819986)
Posted by Cobotron on August 30th, 2016 @ 9:00am CDT
I agree about the missed opportunity for the train feet to be better and more stable. I'm not sure having his feet be squared off would have made them more Transformery.
I love the shit kicker cow catcher tipped boots though, and I wish he were more stable in this mode. Having the curvy/pointy ends flip 180 to make a nice heel spur would have worked perfect. (HA! Spurs on his cowboy boots! :-P )
I think the intended feet look best for Sentinal. Gives a smoother more heroic look. Where as the train feet look mean on Astrotrain. As it stands now though, I kinda like how Astrotrain's feet end up looking like old timey gangster shoes.

Wing Tips! :lol:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1819987)
Posted by william-james88 on August 30th, 2016 @ 9:04am CDT
:lol:

Well you know Sentinel is placed in the packaging with those sleeker feet. And I feel they work better for him too.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1819988)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2016 @ 9:05am CDT
Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1819990)
Posted by Cobotron on August 30th, 2016 @ 9:09am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Did you guys know that using the shuttle noses for the Sentinel/Astrotrain mold's train mode gives it a sort of bullet train-esque look? ;)
Ooooooh! I haven't tried that. I will. Thanks! ;)^
Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1819992)
Posted by Agamemnon on August 30th, 2016 @ 9:17am CDT

Ultimately, anything that makes a Transformer more playable I like. I just wish they had executed just a bit better. Still, I can't be too hard on the designers. There is a ton to like about this mold. One of my favorite features is how the train wheels look like nuclear missile hatches in shuttle mode...

Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1819994)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on August 30th, 2016 @ 9:20am CDT
Agamemnon wrote:This is a good discussion. I thought the intent way back at the first reveals was to have the train feet rotated such for Sentinel. I have my Sentinels posed that way. Where they sort of screwed up is that the shin panels can't fit all the way in when doing this. If the panels are secured, the "toes" tip down just far enough to make Sentinel lean back. (I suppose it can make him look like he is falling backward while shooting... :-? )

I didn't think about them looking like missile hatches. That's cool. I thought they looked like pop up turbo lasers.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1819998)
Posted by Cobotron on August 30th, 2016 @ 9:33am CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

I think you're both right! [-(

Ag, do you have both Sentinals? Sentinal Prime and Citronel Prime?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1820001)
Posted by Tigerpants1 on August 30th, 2016 @ 9:39am CDT
Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1820002)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2016 @ 9:43am CDT
Tigerpants1 wrote:Does anyone know what Takara might have in store for Astrotrain. Am I right in thinking hes just been shown in silhouette so far?
Yeah, they'll probably likely just do him in the cartoon colors and depict him as the cartoon version of the character from a post-The Headmasters/post-Masterforce setting.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1820003)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on August 30th, 2016 @ 9:45am CDT
Saw some people on Facebook having fun with unofficial base modes. Thought I'd try to give Alpha Trion one. I think it turned out pretty well. Looks like the Thundercats might live there. :-D

Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1820015)
Posted by Agamemnon on August 30th, 2016 @ 10:07am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

I think you're both right! [-(

Ag, do you have both Sentinals? Sentinal Prime and Citronel Prime?

Yes, I do. Citronel was not the reason I picked up SDCC, but I like his train mode more for the uniform color of the train wheels.

And RodimusConvoy13, I now see the pop-up turbo lasers too. Makes me think of the shuttle mode as maybe a light cruiser in the Star Wars universe. Nice! ;)^
Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1820023)
Posted by Tigerpants1 on August 30th, 2016 @ 10:13am CDT
Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1820028)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2016 @ 10:16am CDT
Tigerpants1 wrote:Thanks Sabrblade, not massively a fan of the grey plastic that makes up the majority of the Hasbro version.
Well, Astrotrain was predominately gray in the cartoon too. It was just a darker shade of gray. And if the following image is anything to go by, he had even more gray in the cartoon than the Hasbro TR Voyager:

Re: Transformers Titans Return Astrotrain and Alpha Trion Found at Meijer (1820029)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on August 30th, 2016 @ 10:16am CDT

I imagine he'll be darker grey.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-Hasbro Transformers Gen Legends Brawn" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Brainstorm, Chromedome, Highbrow, and Hardhead" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Blaster and Rewind" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Class Steelbane" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Mega Turbo Changer Dragonstorm C0934 15”" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie B-127 Deluxe Class Studio Series SS-70" on EBAY