Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release

Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release

Friday, March 24th, 2017 3:37pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 23,132

Just when we thought the mystery of Titans Return Brainstorm was over, it pops back up again! Today in a Hasbro catalogue for the Polish market, it was revealed that Brainstorm will be getting some sort of European release, along with some listings for The Last Knight, Rescue Bots, and Robots in Disguise toys. It's unknown if this elusive toy will be an exclusive to a particular store, or how wide-spread the release will be, so if you happen to spot one in the coming weeks, please let us know! Here's some screenshots of his listing (with new product shots and European packaging), and you can find the entire Hasbro catalogue here!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for any updates on this story.

Credit(s): Hasbro Poland

Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869041)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 24th, 2017 @ 3:43pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Also, I am glad you found your boxset, I remember you really disliked not seeing the CW ones in stores.

Thanks WJ :-D . Yes it did indeed give me a sense of satisfaction and hope. Though because it was a TRU exclusive I guess it "should" have been there, but again I'm not taking anything for granted. Even if this turns out to be an overly mass-produced shelf-warmer, and ends up being seen at TJ Maxx in 6 months for $40, I'm just glad I was able to walk in a store, get it, and walk out, which was something I could not say for ANY CW box set, all of which I had to purchase online. Though I did end up seeing a G2 Menasor at Marshalls, and a Victorion at TRU (though I think it was an online purchase someone returned). because there was just one, and it was gone the next time I visited.

Now getting the Cybertron set from EA is another story...though other retailers did somehow get the last one (i.e. Amazon where I snagged Liokaiser for $82 shipped) .

Honestly I only wanted Quickswitch, but it was random chance that I found and purchased it Today. My initiall plan was to purchase an individual QS on eBay, but this worked out just as well. Next I guess I'll be weighing the cost of an individual Magnus Prime on eBay vs the whole set...decisions, decisions...

Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869042)
Posted by Bronzewolf on March 24th, 2017 @ 3:44pm CDT
#Braingate #notmyBrainstorm #wakeupsheeple
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869044)
Posted by Randomhero on March 24th, 2017 @ 3:50pm CDT

It was so weird because I never heard of Walmart stores carrying the box sets and if someone returned it how did it get accepted for a return. I'll never know...(stares into the void...)
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869045)
Posted by o.supreme on March 24th, 2017 @ 3:50pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I thought the Cybertron/Strength set was BBTS? The online one will be harder to get... Good thing there's a TRU near me.

My apologies for the error, you are correct. The Cybertron set is a BBTS exclusive, NOT EE.

Now I guess the question is...
1. how likely is a BBTS exclusive to be available for purchase elsewhere??
2. How likely is that price to be less than what BBTS will be charging?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869051)
Posted by o.supreme on March 24th, 2017 @ 3:58pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:Did anyone ever see a combiner Wars box set at a toysrus or like target in the states? I know some places like Australia and Asia got them but I never once saw a set at any retail store in Iowa except G2 menasor at a TJ Max once and I picked it up. Few weeks ago I saw a G2 menasor at a Walmart in Des Moines and I don't think it was suppose to be there. No tag or anything and I didn't bother scanning it because I had one buy it was so odd. Tilted my head and said "huh" I took a pic and sent it to Seibertron twitter but no one replied.

WJ and I had long discussions about this in the past. he would traumatize me with photos of fully stocked shelves of CW box sets in Canadian retail stores ;)

No but seriously, like you I never saw any CW box sets in standard retail in the United States except for the couple of aberrations I mentioned above.And I live in a fairly large market. A few others did though. I know Devastator was sighted in a few stores as well as G2 Superion. I think they were pretty much exclusive to online shops in the US, they all had them, some still do, but as for seeing them in B&M I don't think they ever really intended to be sold on store shelves in the U.S.--Now had Hasbro came out and said this from the get-go, it would have saved me much frustration, and probably a lot of other fans early on.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869053)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 24th, 2017 @ 4:00pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Now I guess the question is...
1. how likely is a BBTS exclusive to be available for purchase elsewhere??
2. How likely is that price to be less than what BBTS is charging?

It should be BBTS in the Americas only, but in Asia and Europe they could pop up anywhere the CW sets were sold.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869056)
Posted by william-james88 on March 24th, 2017 @ 4:05pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
o.supreme wrote:

Now I guess the question is...
1. how likely is a BBTS exclusive to be available for purchase elsewhere??
2. How likely is that price to be less than what BBTS is charging?

BBTS has exclusives for USA only. Canada has its own exclusive retailers. Like the Platinum Dinobots were TRU exclusive in Canada but BBTS exclusive in the US. Platinum bruticus was BBTS exclusive as well but TRU exclusive in Canada. And I think Platinum predaking was also BBTS exclusive (not sure) in the US but he was Walmart Exclusive in Canada.

Anyway, the only place that might sell it for cheaper than BBTS (when you include shipping) would be those hong kong e-bay vendors.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869061)
Posted by o.supreme on March 24th, 2017 @ 4:21pm CDT
Also now that I have it in hand I can confirm the Velocitron box set is the same size/dimensions as all the other CW Box sets (sans Devastator). Although the cardboard packaging is noticeably thinner and not as sturdy (less cardboard=cheaper, lighter, less expensive to ship and produce I'm sure), also while the name COMBINER WARS seems to be "TM"'d by Hasbro, "TITANS RETURN" oddly is not, or they didn't feel the need to put the little "TM" next to the brand name...
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869063)
Posted by Randomhero on March 24th, 2017 @ 4:28pm CDT
I wonder how long till BBTS gets theirs. This was a shocker that this set just came out of nowhere. Hopefully the other sets are easy to find(no disrespect to the people who haven't found it yet but it seems this set is out and in full force which is a good thing)

I'd almost be surprised if BBTS just pops up in a month or so and there was no preorder. It was just "here it is!" I know that's not how online retails work most of the time but with this and TR wave 4 just popping up at Walgreens who knows.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869067)
Posted by o.supreme on March 24th, 2017 @ 4:49pm CDT
When I was tracking the CW Box sets there seemed to be about a 2 month span between releases, of course that was after the 6 month span between Devastator in summer of 2015 and G2 Superion in January of 2016.
G2 Superion –January
G2 Menasor-March
Victorion-May
G2 Bruticus- July
Computron-September
LioKaiser-November

Of course with these TR sets, and exclusivity in certain areas, who knows…
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869070)
Posted by RAR on March 24th, 2017 @ 5:03pm CDT
I keep hoping one of the clearance importers in Europe or the UK will get their hands on some Combiner Wars Boxed sets - the darn things got heavily reduced some time back - especially the G2 ones - but I was skint at the time so couldn't get them so It seems I will be chipping away at getting the things for years 2nd hand.

I don't actually mind as much paying 100ish for a Titans Return boxed set as they are not unfairly prices at that price so long as there is not something in the gift set that is objectively terrible.

I think the "Amazon" giftset seems more the thing Takara would want to do with a red bat Optimus and a Purple Croc Megatron - the better idea for Hasbro might be a "City of Steel Optimus Prime" who is a crocodile also what with Botcon being gone now - why not an Onyx Primal .
http://www.tfu.info/1996/Maximal/OnyxPr ... primal.htm

I think he looks kinda Batman like and so would be a bit of fun... also think back they used to do this sort of thing with the Gorillas and T-Rexes all the time so why not with the crocs and bats too ?

Sure I'd like a Green Crocodile Megatron - but he's not that hard to customise out of a Skullcruncher/Skullsmasher. Though I suppose the advantage of a Hasbro take on the idea would be that it would be a better colour match to the original toy.

I tend to think that my Idea of battle in the box style giftsets would be the ideal home for a Croc & Bat set of either colour.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869077)
Posted by SureShot18 on March 24th, 2017 @ 5:47pm CDT
I wonder if Hasbro had a set street date for this set. We almost never see stuff show up at the same time like this.

Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869081)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on March 24th, 2017 @ 6:42pm CDT

Literally all i ever saw was same as you, G2 menasor at a TJ Maxx. I passed, though.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869083)
Posted by RodimusRex on March 24th, 2017 @ 6:53pm CDT
Optimum Supreme wrote:

I saw one, once. Granted, I see 5+ year old NECA figures that go for easily twice their retail at some TRUs. They have inventory issues. Some had Wave 3 TR last November. Some only got it last week.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869084)
Posted by Bronzewolf on March 24th, 2017 @ 7:03pm CDT
RodimusRex wrote:
Optimum Supreme wrote:

I only saw 3 or 4 G2 Superions at TRU, as well. This was way late in the game for that set, though, around the time Computron was coming out, so I thought it was strange.

I don't believe I've seen anything else.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869087)
Posted by Diem on March 24th, 2017 @ 7:25pm CDT
SureShot18 wrote:Since we're talking about the contents of the other sets, I'd really like a Spinister out of Highbrow and a Dai Atlas out of Black Shadow. If they were in the same set it would be an instant buy.

Are two repaint Spinisters in the last 5 years not enough? :lol:

Just picked up the Velocitron set today (Thousand Oaks CA for anyone who's searching, they had a few more)and I might be late to the party here but it pretty much confirms a third and fourth set thanks to having four tech spec logos on the side with the speed one "lit up".
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869089)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 24th, 2017 @ 7:30pm CDT
By the by, I was just done recording the stats for the set, and all Titan Master stat boost are the same: Strength 4, Speed 5, Intelligence 5, Fireblast 3. Odd?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869090)
Posted by SureShot18 on March 24th, 2017 @ 7:35pm CDT
Diem wrote:

Are two repaint Spinisters in the last 5 years not enough? :lol:

Aren't both of them expensive club figures anyway?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869092)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 24th, 2017 @ 7:45pm CDT
SureShot18 wrote:
Diem wrote:

Are two repaint Spinisters in the last 5 years not enough? :lol:

Aren't both of them expensive club figures anyway?

One was general retail, a redeco of Blazemaster:

Transformers Generations Spinister Gallery
Re: Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm To Potentially See European Release (1869093)
Posted by Diem on March 24th, 2017 @ 7:51pm CDT
SureShot18 wrote:Neither of them look very much like MTMTE Spinister though.Yeah I'm one of those people.

Aren't both of them expensive club figures anyway?

Does Highbrow look any more like IDW Spinister than Alpha Bravo does? They both look pretty distant from his comic model, which looks like nothing much in particular. The only real boon would be a new facesculpt.

(also I totally forget that there was a THIRD Spinister in the last 5 years, though that one was a Micromaster)

And yeah, they're both expensive exclusives, but these box set figures are expensive too if you don't like and can't resell the other figures.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chase Brush Fire Boulder Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME AUTOBOT TRUCK DIECAST 1:32 JADA HOLLYWOOD NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY