Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images

Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images

Thursday, July 26th, 2018 5:52pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 11,478

Thanks to a heads up from Seibertronian Cyberpath and via @6niniru on Twitter, we have new in-hand images of the upcoming Titans Return Repugnus! Repugnus is once more an extensive retool of the original Twinferno Monsterbot mold, features an all new torso, arms, and bug head. He also gets yet another new Titan Master mold, featuring another Battle Beast (in staying with the Monsterbot Theme) and a new face.

Also shown is the original Titans Return Titan Master Repugnus, which can take the place of the slightly more dull with smaller eyes head that the new deluxe comes with. He also includes 2 brand new green energy blades which, in true Titans Return style, can combine to form a double energy blade of murder justice with a seat for a Titan/Prime Master.

We also include a comparison sheet between the deluxe Repugnus and past cartoon and toy incarnations, courtesy of Cyberpath.

Check out the images below, and you can head on over to Amazon.com to pre-order him now!

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images

Credit(s): @6niniru, Cyberpath@Seibertron

Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974271)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2018 @ 5:54pm CDT
I don't like how, apparently, his monster mode shoulders are stuck in place with no means to let the arms properly spread out to the left or right, with the upper arms only allowed to point forward, up, or down.

And before anyone brings up how the lower arms might be able to swing out at just above the elbows, those aren't shoulders, and that would look awful.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974275)
Posted by Sarahthecutevixen on July 26th, 2018 @ 6:19pm CDT
Blast off came with no issues, luckily
DSCN2587.JPG
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974278)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 26th, 2018 @ 6:30pm CDT
TrypticonCarne wrote:Blast off came with no issues, luckily
DSCN2587.JPG

That Megatronus looks so sweet
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974284)
Posted by Sarahthecutevixen on July 26th, 2018 @ 6:43pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TrypticonCarne wrote:Blast off came with no issues, luckily
DSCN2587.JPG

That Megatronus looks so sweet

Best part is I can change his payload style with how the hfg is designed
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974288)
Posted by Adimus Prime on July 26th, 2018 @ 6:46pm CDT
The photographer tried hard to angle Titans Return delux Repugnus's alt mode to conceal the obtrusive abdominal kibble. I really like this figure with that glaring exception.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974295)
Posted by Adimus Prime on July 26th, 2018 @ 6:58pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

That block between the legs is stupid. If they were going to leave it there, leave the tail ends too and just give his beast mode a tail like the other two Monsters have.

Repugnus is some kind of arthropod creature (insect, crustation, etc.), so that block is his abdomen. His "bug booty" if you will. It's anatomically accurate to his beast mode. ;)

I can sort of see that. Still, they should've remolded it so it looks a little more deliberate. As it is, it just looks like they didn't know what to do with the boots.

Keeping the tail bits would've given it a little more legitimacy. Even better if they could've retooled the tail parts to form some kind of bug stinger.

Exactly.

Simply having the outer parts of the upper lower robot legs hinge so the two sides could snap together in monster form to make a tail or stinger would have made all the difference. Or at the very least use a weapon/s to form a tail or stinger in monster mode.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974319)
Posted by Emeraldbwing on July 26th, 2018 @ 7:53pm CDT
Just got my Blast Off and I noticed a flaw, to correctly transform him into arm mode you have to switch the shoulders do to a protrusion on the shoulders back. Both Unite Warriors version of this mode have the protrusion on the shoulders front.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974332)
Posted by ebonyleopard on July 26th, 2018 @ 8:43pm CDT
This thing is beautiful. I love the upgraded weapons.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974335)
Posted by WreckerJack on July 26th, 2018 @ 8:56pm CDT
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974337)
Posted by Qwan on July 26th, 2018 @ 9:11pm CDT
My Blast-Off should be shipping between the 1st and 2nd of August, hooray! (Not that it really matters to me when it arrives, I won't be getting it until November anyway - damn you Amazon Australia!)

Nemesis Primal wrote:
Moonshot wrote:Also just posting "news" wont give u credit. You have to submit it to someone by clicking Submit News at the top of the page.

Fair point, I did not do that. I'm not really concerned about who gets the credit though, I'm glad the information is out there regardless of who it's attributed to. I just felt in the moment reading that news that my posts were being ignored, and wanted to let people know my opinions on Blast Off if they wanted to hear them.

If I may be so bold, as a simple lackey: I think the reason yours got passed over was in fact because you grabbed him so early. You got the "first run" so to speak, and since most people had to wait for a restock this story was about that second set of Blast Offs shipping out, if that makes sense :D

Also, you can potentially get news noticed just by posting on the boards! It just depends on whether we see it or not, which can be a bit of a gamble, so your best bet is to directly send in anything that might be newsworthy. That aside, enjoy your Blast Off; I can't wait to get mine, for much the same reasons as you!
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974354)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2018 @ 9:45pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:Those swords are cool as heck but the lack of detail on his face is kinda sad. If they can paint Furos's face on his titan master in robot mode they can paint some eyes on this fella... c'mon now hasbro. Don't make me get a toothpick and some paint to do it myself. (Maybe that's how they get you to buy the titan master head separate to swap in?)
Believe it or not, the face is supposed to look that bland because it's trying to evoke the similarly bland face of the original toy.

The more detailed head we got in Titans Return and Legends is based more directly on the head design that Repugnus had in the 1980s G1 fiction (the Marvel Comics, the Headmasters cartoon from Japan, the toy commercial animation, etc.).

Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974368)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on July 26th, 2018 @ 10:25pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Amazon Update:

Blast Off is now apparently set to arrive on Sunday, July 29. I wonder how they're going to pull that off? :lol:

USPS delivers packages only on Sundays. We get stuff all the time on Sundays, which also means we probably order from Amazon too much.

Or, magic, it could be magic.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974371)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 26th, 2018 @ 11:02pm CDT
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974397)
Posted by Ultra Markus on July 27th, 2018 @ 2:23am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

well good those who have the titan master version can display him as toy accurate or cartoon accurate :-?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974471)
Posted by Bounti76 on July 27th, 2018 @ 6:07am CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:

Legitimate question: how much Wave 3 has anyone actually seen in stores so far? All I've seen are PMs, Deluxes, and Infernos, and the Deluxes I actually wanted sold out before I saw them and were replaced with Wave 2 repacks. It feels like this Wave isn't really out yet due to all this distribution nonsense, or at least it does to me.

Distribution nonsense is right. I've seen Deluxes, Legends, Prime Masters, Voyagers (Inferno is the only new figure in the wave, he's packed with Grimlock), and I *think* the Leaders have shown up as well- Optimal Optimus is packed with Rodimus Prime, and I've seen a few of RP around for the first time in months, since his initial appearance.

Thing is, I've NEVER seen all the Wave 3 figures at the same time, though I have seen them all, essentially. But that's par for the course with Hasbro the last several years.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974481)
Posted by Emerje on July 27th, 2018 @ 7:23am CDT
Finally got a shipping notice from Amazon for Blast Off, comes Saturday.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974497)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on July 27th, 2018 @ 8:37am CDT
I've been obsessively checking my Amazon order for Blast Off updates (coming Tuesday). Forgive me if this has already been brought up, but Hasbro gave us a 2 for 1 on their stock photography.

In the photo of the package, did anyone notice they used a box that has been through a little bit of crushing, not bad, but definitely not what you would want for your official photos.

But that is nothing. The real winner is Blast Off's go-go-gadget legs. :BANG_HEAD:

Blast Off.jpg
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974511)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 27th, 2018 @ 9:12am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Can't really tell who Dastard is based on... other than the Daburu mold with a new head. We need a closeup!
The hedgehog Beastformer named... Hedgehog.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974513)
Posted by Sarahthecutevixen on July 27th, 2018 @ 9:28am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
The hedgehog Beastformer named... Hedgehog.

I was hoping for golder
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus In-Hand Images (1974515)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 27th, 2018 @ 9:30am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
The hedgehog Beastformer named... Hedgehog.

aka Prickly Porcupine?

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Gigawatt Pre Sale!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Series Bumblebee & Starscream Hero Mashers Hasbro Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Steeljaw See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Grimlock See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Autobot Intel Ops: Blaster, Perceptor & Cassettes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons 3-Pack (Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction SNARL  dinobot Deluxe With Manual" on EBAY