Thursday, November 16th, 2017 6:19pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 20,351

While this is not breaking news, the confusion regarding the revision waves for the Transformers Titans Return line made us think a quick article may be in order. Several fans are looking for wave 5 and 6 of the Titans Return deluxes at retail stores and are instead reporting toys they have seen all year long. However, it may not be older toys shelf-warming but instead a restock of several revision waves. And this is happening all across both the US and Canada. For instance, while wave 6, the one with Slugslinger, did appear in Canada for a very brief moment (as it did in the US), the restocks following those cases have been of the revised 4th wave, which can be seen in the images below (a case breakdown of the wave can be found at the end of this article). It appears to be the main wave used as a restock for this holiday season, as far as reported sightings are concerned.

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season

There is another revision wave, for wave 3, that can also be found but it is trickier to identify. It is basically the same as wave 3 but instead of having 3 Hot Rods and one Getaway it has 2 Hot Rod and 2 Getaways.

These two revision waves would explain the abundance of Twinfernos on the shelves.

Here is the case breakdown for deluxe class wave 4 revision, the wave currently being found across the US and Canada:

2x TRA GEN DELUXE AUTOBOT TWINFERNO
2x TRA GEN DELUXE TRIGGERHAPPY
2x TRA GEN DELUXE KROK
2x TRA GEN DELUXE QUAKE

Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922033)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 16th, 2017 @ 6:45pm CST
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922040)
Posted by Flashwave on November 16th, 2017 @ 7:26pm CST
GIMMEE DAT SQUEEKS
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922044)
Posted by Solrac333 on November 16th, 2017 @ 7:35pm CST
Dammit! I want a Twin Twist!
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922045)
Posted by Randomhero on November 16th, 2017 @ 7:41pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:f^&*ing f#$% hasblo, I swear we wouldn't have half as hard a time finding figures if hasbro just stopped with all these damn revisions :BANG_HEAD:

Yeah how dare this company who’s primary goal is to make money make more money with releasing stuff by the demand of the stores.

Shame on you Hasbro. Shame on you. Don’t you know we fully grown functional adults who play with toys just want the newest stuff!
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922046)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 16th, 2017 @ 7:43pm CST
Where's Grotusque??!!! :-(
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922048)
Posted by DeathReviews on November 16th, 2017 @ 7:51pm CST
Bah - I still can't find Misfire or Slugslinger. Not interested in this 'revision' lot...
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922056)
Posted by YoungPrime on November 16th, 2017 @ 8:57pm CST
Randomhero wrote:

Hasbro's free PR has spoken......

Now back to being disappointed about Hasbro releasing more old TR waves to shelf warm until March of 2018. We can also blame Bayformers crap for getting in the way of this stuff not already being sold last Summer.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922060)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 16th, 2017 @ 9:08pm CST
Randomhero wrote:

That's not what I meant and you know it.

It used to be hard enough to find figures when there were four waves a year, and now it's almost 8 thanks to these revisions, none of which have a single figure people seem to be looking for (perceptor, kup, misfire, twintwist, slugslinger, etc.), which makes them superfluous, the shelfwarming leftovers are clear evidence that these figures aren't landing with common buyers or collectors, yet they keep putting them in additional revisions (twinferno, etc.)

I put to you that, had these revisions had contents along the lines of: Kup, 2 x misfire, 2 x slugslinger, and twintwist (cases come with 6 figures), we'd be in a much better spot as collectors, but, no, they're just rereleasing wave 1 ('17) over and over again :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922061)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 16th, 2017 @ 9:10pm CST
YoungPrime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Hasbro's free PR has spoken......

Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922070)
Posted by megatronus on November 16th, 2017 @ 10:00pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

That's not what I meant and you know it.

If you don't want to be mocked, use proper nouns and proper words. Seems simple enough. >:oP
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922084)
Posted by william-james88 on November 16th, 2017 @ 10:38pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:I don't blame it all; personally, releasing slash (a figure that didn't sell well first time round) alongside an underwhelming 'bee and a shiny grimlock wasn't a smart choice, in fact, I'd have skipped the repaints and just done a shorter run of figures, those stupid allspark things are neither helping, nor selling, so I also blame them [-(

Sadly, I believe that underwhelming Bee redeco is the best selling TF of 2017.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922104)
Posted by Lucky Logician on November 17th, 2017 @ 12:56am CST
Randomhero wrote:

Here... lemnme fix that for ya.

Yeah how dare this company who’s primary goal is to make money make less money in the long run by releasing stuff no one demanded more of because all these figures are already shelf-warming in the stores.

Shame on you Hasbro. Shame on you. Don’t you employ fully grown functional adults who understand that stores won't buy more toys if their shelves are littered with the same stuff that no one is buying!

Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922112)
Posted by Emerje on November 17th, 2017 @ 1:32am CST
Lucky Logician wrote:Seriously, who was begging for more Twinferno? I see at least 3-4 of him at every store nearby. And usually 1-2 Triggerhappy as well.

Yeah, I can basically count on finding either Hot Rod, Triggerhappy, or Twinferno just about everywhere around here. All thanks to wave 3 and wave 6 being the only things stocked around here.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922115)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 17th, 2017 @ 1:58am CST
Just what we need more shelf warmers, revised wave 2 is still clogging shelves along with twinferno and now wer're getting more twinfernos & other figures no one cares about. Is there no one with a brain over there at hasbro anymore? Well i hope that these sell just as bad as the last revised wave so maybe hasbro will finally get a clue.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922127)
Posted by King Kuuga on November 17th, 2017 @ 6:23am CST
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922142)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 17th, 2017 @ 8:57am CST
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

This, this is the problem, if these revisions weren't a thing, we'd all likely be swimming in misfire's twintwist's, slugslinger's and potp figures at this point, instead of shelfwarming garbage like hotrod and twinferno...
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922156)
Posted by o.supreme on November 17th, 2017 @ 9:50am CST
william-james88 wrote: Image

for what its worth however, at least Canada got some wave 5 so far...
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922157)
Posted by william-james88 on November 17th, 2017 @ 10:09am CST
King Kuuga wrote:Man it's almost as if, and this is crazy but hear me out, Hasbro is doing the same thing they always do by releasing a wave of new figures and then a revision case that mixes some older figures back in or adjusts the ratio. But due to all the stores ordering an abundance for the holidays last year that happened to be the wave 2 revision, which turned out to be more than would move at an effective rate (especially during the slow part of the year), when they did wind up ordering more it was at the time when Hasbro was shipping out revision cases, not Hasbro deliberately shorting them. NOVEL.

I think people would be more welcoming of revision waves if it included repacks they needed. For instance, I dont think anyone minded Wolfwire being repacked.

I am surprised to see no one care for Quake or Krok though, from what I read on other sites it seemed an atrocity to have them short packed and people thought they would never find them at retail. So I dont know why them being plentiful now is so bad. I do understand the hate at seeing Twinferno. While the US had to wait months for wave 3 saturation, the fact that 2 revision waves include him is not the brightest move.

o.supreme wrote:Hi I'm Windblade, yo! HelloOOO!!!! the one way on the back! Is anyone listening to me? ;)

for what its worth however, at least Canada got some wave 5 so far...

Haha yes, but she's all that is left. We had a bunch of wave 5 for a while, then one case of wave 6 (which sold quite well since it had Kup, which is still sought after) but now its revision waves.

Oh and I know this is kind of thread cross pollination but with POTP first appearing in California, we now have further evidence of the trend of toys being found in the west first, nearer to the western ports.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922159)
Posted by o.supreme on November 17th, 2017 @ 10:31am CST
william-james88 wrote:

I'm not really a big into characters popularized by IDW, so Krok & Quake were an easy pass for me. As for the distribution of PotP. While I do feel fortunate to have seen them a couple days after the news broke on Saturday 11/12, the PotP have seemingly been sighted equally distributed all over, including larger east Coast locations such as New York & Florida.

Maybe it has something to do with how much a particular store sells, and what they order? PotP hit Targets on both coasts, but I'm sure a good chunk of the middle continent hasn't seen them yet. Heck I was in Cedar City Utah at the end of September, and (no joke) they still had a CW Leader Armada Megatron (along with 3 Sixshots) in their Walmart.

I mean it would make sense that they would hit all the larger cities stores first, but that's why the conundrum...I consider myself to live in a fairly largely populated area, and sometimes we don't see things for several months until after many other places have already got them.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Revision Waves Being Restocked for the Holiday Season (1922165)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 17th, 2017 @ 11:35am CST
william-james88 wrote:

Sadly, I believe that underwhelming Bee redeco is the best selling TF of 2017.

In your area, yep. Here, he is the one left on 2 stores shelves minus Slash. Barricade and Berserker are pretty much gone finally, but Bee and Slash still stand here.

Also, I finally got all the stickers on Trypticon. I really want Hasbro to not do the titan sticker sheets again, please. They take so long, which isn't that big a deal, but the stickers I got were of poor quality. I had several rip in half or peel the back paper with them so I had to keep picking at them to actually get to the sticky part. These stickers were of a noticeable lower quality

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Legends series LG23 Galvatron Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG04 Roadbuster Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Computron Exclusive Complete Loose Rare Technobots" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series LG11 Chromia Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Legends Ghost Starscream Takara Combiner Wars Ex" on EBAY
Buy "Deadlock Transformers Legends  Takara Tomy" on EBAY