Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand

Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand

Sunday, May 22nd, 2016 1:22pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 55,945

We've got some exciting tweets to share with you this morning. Chris@Kal_ElofKrypton has posted some in hand pics of Titans Returns most anticipated figure, Fortress Maximus! Being in Australia, Chris likely nabbed one of these bad boys off one of his (recently reported) local shelves. As a treat, we are not only given some great shots of the Titan, but comparisons with Generations Metroplex, Cerebros and MP-28 Hot Rodimus, and a G1 Cerebros stand in! See the awesome pics below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand

Credit(s): Chris@Kal_ElofKrypton

Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791708)
Posted by Kurona on May 22nd, 2016 @ 1:25pm CDT
Gotta admit... even if Max himself isn't much to write home about, that Cerebros is pretty beautiful.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791710)
Posted by Powermaster Swag on May 22nd, 2016 @ 1:27pm CDT
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791714)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 22nd, 2016 @ 1:34pm CDT
Powermaster Swag wrote:So the G1 Fort Max's works with the new one? I wonder if that means all old headmasters can work with new ones..... :-?

They're similarly sized, but the G1 head just rests there, nothing's attached from what I can tell.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791716)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 22nd, 2016 @ 1:43pm CDT
Augh! These new pictures... Man, I have to admit that he IS awesome. Sigh....

I don't know if I'll be able to resist if I ever see it live in store. Curse my plastic adiction! :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791717)
Posted by no-one on May 22nd, 2016 @ 1:51pm CDT
Wee knee gun?

Cerebros really is the star of the Fort Max show.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791723)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 22nd, 2016 @ 2:16pm CDT
What you did there, Cary. I see it.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791753)
Posted by mbd88prime on May 22nd, 2016 @ 4:18pm CDT

thanks
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791761)
Posted by Prowl4 on May 22nd, 2016 @ 4:43pm CDT
WHAT ARE THE SOUNDS?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791779)
Posted by Broadside27 on May 22nd, 2016 @ 6:49pm CDT
Whats up with the blue shoulders on Cerebros? It's not like you can see them in Headmaster mode.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791781)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 22nd, 2016 @ 7:06pm CDT
Are his only guns the ones on his boots? Third party companies are gonna make a mint with this guy.

I guess the headmaster bits ate up most of the budget for Max.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791782)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 22nd, 2016 @ 7:20pm CDT
:SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:

Disgusting piece of byproducts made from combustible geologic deposits of organic materials, formed from decayed plants and animals that have been converted to crude oil, coal, natural gas, or heavy oils by exposure to heat and pressure in the earth's crust over hundreds of millions of years.

FAIL! Won't touch him with a ten inch stick!

Just being 8-}

That Cerebros looks good! Regardless if its the Rebirth version or the rumored The Headmasters version.

Even Fortress too looks Boss! Looking forward to Ryan's high res photographs.

P.S. G1 Cerebros also fits with the modern version? Nice!

Question:

1. Is it similar to G1 where you can remove Spike and still connect Cerebros the head? Or is "Spike" needed to attach the Cerebros head to the main body?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791788)
Posted by Logan. on May 22nd, 2016 @ 7:45pm CDT
Fortress Maximus videoreview

Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791805)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 22nd, 2016 @ 8:59pm CDT
Having looked over things and read thoroughly over the responses, I'm going to give an opinion now.

I am impressed and in love with Cerebros and the whole double headmaster thing, and he has an awesome face sculpt. the body also looks very powerful and imposing.

But where I am bummed is his lack of weapons and originality. The fact that he is a retool at that size point is kinda lazy to me, all justifications aside, and the fact that he got virtually no retooling with regards to transformation is a bummer. I'd love a more compact city mode like the original, which I do not want because it doesn't have the look I like. I'm also disappointed that, him being a fortress, he should have more guns and playability, yet he only has 2 sets of leg guns, that one thing and then Cerebros' gun. that's just small. I would prefer weapons over electronics, especially for a city/fortress.

so yes, I will buy him, but he will most likely not be my favorite titan. Metroplex I already have, and I think Fort Max looks a little better than him anyway, but he is no where near Devastator. That was a true titan in size and effort. :MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791811)
Posted by shajaki on May 22nd, 2016 @ 9:40pm CDT
Welcome back everyone, bet you thought we were done with Transformers Titan Return Fortress Maximus for today huh? Well it turns out there's nothing stopping the big guy (or KalEl) from breaking headlines again, this time with a video review! We get to see articulation, stickers, sound effects, and so much more. Check it out below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

UPDATED with Generations Metroplex comparison video!

Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791813)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 22nd, 2016 @ 10:00pm CDT
Relieved to see that his joints are improved from Metroplex, even if just slightly.

The sound effects are pretty underwhelming, but maybe they're just shortened and the US release will have more to it, maybe?

Just thought of something; if they had kept that cannon in his forearm that Metroplex had and colored it red, it would've been a close approximation of [one of] his wrist pistols (wristols?). Bummer, but not a detractor for me.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791817)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 22nd, 2016 @ 10:12pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:wrist pistols (wristols?)

Breaking out the inner Thew. I'm proud :MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791818)
Posted by william-james88 on May 22nd, 2016 @ 10:15pm CDT
mbd88prime wrote:question for anyone with their hands on a fortmax: in his "city mode" if you were to bend his legs up at the knee 90 degrees from the official configuration would it look at all like fan mode towers ala the original. also do the legs open up like metroplex?

thanks

The bit about his legs opening was answered above, here is the quote:
they do open up but from underneath so its that back half that opens out not the gun half, means they don't really work in vehicle or base mode. hes really just lacking from not enough guns, i forgot to say the shin guns dettach and can go on his shoulder or have a fold out handle but they dont show that feature in the instructions. still dont know what that lil leg bit is meant to do though, its hollow and weird.

fenrir72 wrote:P.S. G1 Cerebros also fits with the modern version? Nice!
Question:

G1 cerebros just sits there. He doesnt connect. This is not different than having any other TF that is the right size just stand on the headless body.
And you dont need to connect spike to have him fit.

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I will buy him, but I will wait until at least around Christmas when he goes on that 20-25% off sale. He is very cool looking, and I really like the IDW Fort Max, but this guy is just not ringing off as worth his full $150.

:x A man after my own heart.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791820)
Posted by shajaki on May 22nd, 2016 @ 10:25pm CDT

ALL THAT SAID, after watching that video it's going to be difficult not buying the first one I see on shelves. :shock:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791821)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 22nd, 2016 @ 10:25pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

:x A man after my own heart.

First off, Damn you because this is your fault. You are the one who has given me logic that makes sense to me, especially now that I'm older, more mature and running out of room. So Thanks :lol:

Secondly though, it is true. I will still buy him, he's just not what I had hoped for looking at pictures and videos. He looks damn sexy but lacks the croutons that make the salad that much better. He's the main course, but lacks that all important dessert. A cake without enough icing. Still worth chomping down on, just not as chompalicious as it could be :MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus In-Hand (1791822)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 22nd, 2016 @ 10:26pm CDT
shajaki wrote:Like Metroplex, I expect there to be a handful of versions to choose from. And this is too big a purchase to buy multiples.

Whatchyou talking about Willis? you already buy those expensive MP Primes out the wazoo :lol: :MAXIMAL:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Exclusive Platinum Edition Action Figure Silver Knight Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Gigawatt Pre Sale!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Series Bumblebee & Starscream Hero Mashers Hasbro Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Steeljaw See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Grimlock See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS "GRIMLOCK" 20" STOMP & CHOMP FIGURE toy ROBOTS IN DISGUISE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Force Stuntwing & Bumblebee Robots in Disguise" on EBAY