Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art

Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art

Friday, April 29th, 2016 5:25pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 78,183

Well folks, we have another leak found by the Allspark (supplied by an anonymous source) of the already hinted at Titans Return HotRod! What's surfaced from the darkest depths of the interwebs this time is the Cavaliers design specs and character artwork, but unfortunately no name is attached to his Titan Master pal. See the pics below, and thanks to Seibertronians Autobot N & Powered Convoy for giving us the heads up!

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art

Credit(s): Allspark

Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785420)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:27pm CDT
Mr Skram wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Never thought I'd see them ever make a car-altmoded Shattered Glass Cyclonus. :P

:roll:

:lol:
In all seriousness, his design contains aspects that are very Cyclonus-esque. The shape of the chest, the design of the stomach, the tall vented knees, the tall shoulders, the spoiler wings, the... well, have a look at this:

Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785421)
Posted by Randomhero on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:29pm CDT
Looks good. Nothing IDW about it like the original rumors reported but I like it.
Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785422)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:29pm CDT
Alt mode looks very, very similar to animated Rodimus.
Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785424)
Posted by shajaki on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:31pm CDT
His car mode made me instantly think of Animated Roddy:

Transformers Animated Rodimus Minor (Rodimus) Gallery
Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785425)
Posted by Mkall on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:33pm CDT
This pleases me. It's about time to replace Classics Hot Rod.
Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785426)
Posted by Cobotron on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:34pm CDT
Kurona wrote: So don't be surprised if this guy's called Offshoot or some mangling of Firebolt like... Fire... Laser... Man.
Yup! I vote for FireLaserMan! :lol: :lol:

That figure looks coooool. 8-)
Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785427)
Posted by Evil Eye on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:37pm CDT
Huh, that looks pretty good. Kinda hollow but good.

That said I'll probably just get Cybertron Excellion as my Hot Rod. Mainly because I've heard nothing but good things about that mold and I have a huge fixation on Cybertron toys. :lol:
Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785429)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:38pm CDT

But, uh ... MAYBE making a new voyager Rodimus should be more of a thing, Hasbro? The only real official option is the Titanium.

The TITANIUM!!!
Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785431)
Posted by carytheone on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:42pm CDT
I'm thinking TR Hot Rod looks pretty nice and I could use one in my collection.

Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785432)
Posted by megatronus on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:42pm CDT
Sabr, I totally see Cyclonus in that mold.

Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785434)
Posted by shajaki on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:45pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:The TITANIUM!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gauntlet101010 wrote:Not bad. I'm not sure I like it more than Classics Hot Rod, but I can never have too much Hot Rod. (I guess I'm one of the few who like Classics Hot Rod just fine.)
I've still got a lot of love for the Classics Rod, but I'll never say no to a new one :x
Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785435)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:45pm CDT
Who wants an RtS Roddy? Because I'd buy a hundred of this fella than another Classics Rodimus, and that's a shameful fact.

The near-Cyclonus-esque features that have been pointed out already frighten me... if he does happen, I hope he looks worse than the Universe (2008) stepson; at the pace Titans Return is going churning out better versions of characters I already have, I might as well sell all of my ClassicsUniverse (2008)Generations fellas!
Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785436)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:45pm CDT
megatronus wrote:I have mixed feelings about getting updates to characters who have already been done extremely well.

But that was almost 10 years ago, gotta freshen them up at least once a decade, so that all the new collectors can get that character without much fuss, and also to keep the name trademarked. But, by that logic, we shouldn't have gotten an O/P after Classics was released - or the rotf one
Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785440)
Posted by Kurona on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:49pm CDT
carytheone wrote:I'm thinking TR Hot Rod looks pretty nice and I could use one in my collection.

It's deluxe, according to the leak before this - Hot Rod, Getaway, Doublecross and Triggerhappy are the 2017 Spring Deluxe assortment.
Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785441)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:50pm CDT
carytheone wrote:I may have missed it, but what size class are we looking at? I'm guessing deluxe based off the size of his head.

It is indeed Deluxe Class, as confirmed by an earlier leak which included Doublecross/Twinferno, Getaway/Breakaway and Triggerhappy.
Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785443)
Posted by megatronus on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:50pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

That's misreading my logic, especially when you apply a perennially redone, flagship character like Optimus as the standard.

Besides, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just saying I don't know how I feel about it. I don't want my Cyclonus (which is still very easily attainable, btw) to feel outdated. Though that was bound to happen anyway, since the Platinum version has 2 fistholes!
Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785444)
Posted by Seibertron on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:51pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

And I would beg to differ that Classics Rodimus was done "extremely well". It's one of the most dated of the "Classics"/Generations toys, in my opinion, and wasn't that great of a Rodimus toy. It was good, and for its time way back 10 years ago it was pretty awesome (especially as part of a new Neo-G1 movement), but the toy should have been put to bed along time ago. Looking forward to a new version of Rodimus after all this time!
Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785447)
Posted by megatronus on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:52pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Should have been clearer: I meant Cyclonus.

Hot Rod DEFINITELY needed something new.
Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785449)
Posted by Agamemnon on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:54pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:The TITANIUM!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm with you guys. I very much love my Classics Hot Rod.

I had actually hoped that maybe this would be a voyager Rodimus Prime to replace my Titanium...
Re: Transformers Titans Return - Leaked HotRod Design Specs And Character Art (1785450)
Posted by galvatron00 on April 29th, 2016 @ 5:55pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:Huh, that looks pretty good. Kinda hollow but good.

Excellion IS a nice Hot Rod. I had him with my Rodimi shelf but haven't displayed him after I re-arranged.

Also, between CW and TR I'm pretty sure every Transformer I want has been/is being made. Well played Has/Tak.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters HUN-GURRR & TwinStrike Cyberverse Abominus Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends SHARKTICON SWEEPS Complete LG-44 Titans Return Takara GNAW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Cryotek Complete Ultra RID Universe Transformers Robots in Disguise 2001 2002" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield Lot" on EBAY