Saturday, August 27th, 2016 9:42am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 34,169

Have any of you been having a tough time finding the Wave 1 Titans Return figures at retail? With different classes of Wave 2 coming in hot and already being found at retail across North America, it could be that the first wave Deluxes could be hard to find for some. However, it looks like Hasbro might have you back with this new listing from Diamond showing a revision wave featuring all the wave 1 Deluxe figures along with the wave 2 figures Highbrow and Chromedome. It is unconfirmed if this revision case will be available to retailers outside of Diamond at this time. Also, this should not be confused as being a new wave, unlike the Robots in Disguise toys which do repackage older toys in new waves, since this has the same code (DLX AF ASST 201602) as wave 2.

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website

Credit(s): Diamond

Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819223)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 27th, 2016 @ 11:59am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
nycPrime wrote:
Spider 001 wrote:I won't pay $15.99 at Target. No way in hell I'll pay $19.99. I'll wait for Walmart & pay $14.94.

These things are still only worth $9.99 IMO.

What has been your success rate at waiting and still getting the figures you want? You have a strategy in terms of grabbing a few early and waiting on others? I'm still trying to figure out how to gauge which figures I can wait for to get a good discount, and which ones I should just snag when available at close to MSRP rather than taking a chance at saving a few bucks.

Just curious guys, I hear Hasbro Toy Shop is the way to go in the US if you want to pay the least possible, but do they get every figure that gets released?
Yeah. I think so. Eventually.

They never got Sky Lynx. [-(

-sulks back to corner, bitter that he had to go to UNIVERSAL FRICKIN STUDIOS to get one-
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819227)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 27th, 2016 @ 12:07pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Does TRU ever have sales on transformers in the US, or is the only change of getting a figure for less than MSRP when it goes on clearance? I ask because the thing with rainchecks is that they dont apply to clearance items.

In my time, the only sale I saw was on the original wave of Clash RiD figures, and those were buy $30 get $5 off, which I couldn't get cause it was only for those 3 (they never got Megatronus) and I only wanted 2 of them.

They'll sometimes have BOGO 40% or 50% off. Nothing great.

I've not been lucky enough to find that sale.

Walmart and Target are my best 2 sources. Target somehow manages to find deluxes earlier than the others most of the time (looking at you combaticons) and Walmart gets the waves all at once usually (looking at you TR leaders) and keep the $4.99, $9.99, $14.99, $24.99, and $44.99, unlike TRU where they get stuff half the time the quickest, but have consistently been up about 20% ($6.99, $12.99, $23.99, $29.99, $50.99)

Target's awesome. That's where I found Alpha Bravo, my first AerialBot, and it was the place of my greatest find: They had Legends Tailgate Two to three months before his release date, and at 50% off because of a small crumple on his packaging. That was awesome. Don't ask me how they got it.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819246)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 27th, 2016 @ 1:28pm CDT

What do you think about this leak? Does it look official? Does it look like Broadside to you? Leave a comment ans tell us! And, as always, stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers news and reviews.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819247)
Posted by Autobot N on August 27th, 2016 @ 1:28pm CDT
Broadside? :-?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819248)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on August 27th, 2016 @ 1:30pm CDT
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819254)
Posted by .... on August 27th, 2016 @ 1:51pm CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:Oh wow...that looks really good. I think it's retooled from Alpha Trion? Maybe? Can't quite tell...either way, I hope this is legit.

Yeah it looks a bit like it with the legs. If it is, I hope they ditched the whole beast mode and gave him a jet mode. (looks like it with the lack of beast kibble and added jet wings on him.) Kinda wonder how they'd turn a lion into a jet though. :-?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819255)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 27th, 2016 @ 1:52pm CDT

It is. Look at the toes and outer lower-legs...

Also, when I realized we'd be getting all six Triple Changers released (TR Astrotrain and the eventual Blitzwing and Octane repaints + Gen Springer, Gen Sandstorm and this guy):

Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819256)
Posted by .... on August 27th, 2016 @ 1:54pm CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:

It is. Look at the toes and outer lower-legs...

Same here! :D Though, I kinda wonder if they'd make a new Sandstorm and Springer. If they do I'd be glad to have a better Sandstorm than the old and harder-to-get one. (Unless if Sandstorm were to be a Walgreens exclusive! :( )
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819258)
Posted by Tigerpants1 on August 27th, 2016 @ 1:59pm CDT
This should be fantastic. Been looking forward to a Broadside that much it made join the boards after all this time just reading everyones comments.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819263)
Posted by SureShot18 on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:09pm CDT
This looks like an official Hasbro figure, granted it's only a test shot. I really like what I see so far.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819265)
Posted by SeventhSage on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:10pm CDT
Seems pretty legit to me. I hope they paint the face tho
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819266)
Posted by .... on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:11pm CDT
SeventhSage wrote:Seems pretty legit to me. I hope they paint the face tho

It's an unpainted prototype. Of course they will. ;) He'll at LEAST have red eyes I'm sure.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819267)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:13pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:Seibertronians, thanks to users RodimusConvoy and Autobot N, we've got some potentially big news coming out of the Transformers Facebook fan page TFND. They've shared what could be a production sample of the rumored Titans Return Broadside! Take a look down below, and then compare it to the G1 toy by checking out our galleries here!

I'll wait to see his alt modes before i decide ;)
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819270)
Posted by .... on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:17pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:
I'll wait to see his alt modes before i decide ;)

At least he probably won't have a s*** lion mode. :-P
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819275)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:22pm CDT

Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819278)
Posted by RAR on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:27pm CDT
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819279)
Posted by Tigerpants1 on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:28pm CDT
Maybe its Tidal waves head sculpt on the Broadside body. Its not rounded enough to be Broadside's head.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819281)
Posted by .... on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:29pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and say that is Tidal Wave, who is supposed to be Broadside's "repaint" and this is a new mold or a very very heavy retool to the point of all but being a new mold. That head says Tidal Wave to me, not Broadside:

No it looks more like Broadside to me. It's the block in the back and the lack of paint making it look different.

Tidalwave would be kinda cool though.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819282)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:29pm CDT
RAR wrote:Obviously Broadside & / or Tidal Wave - but I'd love to see what it would Look like in Jetfire Colours too.

I don't think so. Look at the head. It has the separate eyes, the mouth. It looks like Tidal Wave to me
Re: Transformers Titans Return Revision Wave for Deluxe Class Listed on Diamond Website (1819283)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 27th, 2016 @ 2:35pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

Weird, it looks like a mouth plate on my monitor: no sculpted lips. Plus, mouth plate or not, the first character model for Broadside has a mouth:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Transformers G1 Vintage Headmaster Scorponok - Helmet for Lord Zarak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY