Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo

Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo

Monday, June 19th, 2017 3:28pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 33,641

Put on your sleuthing hats, folks! Seibertronian Munkky has pointed toward a tweet by GeneralTekno, who in turn reposts a photo from someone who got their hands on the Siege of Cybertron box set. The photo depicts the side of the box the figures come in, which strangely has the Beast Wars logo printed on it. Check out the photo and see if you can make heads or tails of it below in the discussion forums!
Transformers News: Re: Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

Credit(s): Twitter

Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890548)
Posted by Tyrannacon on June 19th, 2017 @ 3:38pm CDT
Probably just an IP grab or so to hold onto the trademark or whatever I feel. Still interesting though, especially with the MP Dinobot in the pipeline, but that is more on the Takara end and not so much the Hasbro end of things. Though Siege on Cybertron set has things from the Japanese side of the continuity if I'm not mistaken... :-?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890550)
Posted by Munkky on June 19th, 2017 @ 3:44pm CDT

That's more than likely what it is, however I still have my fingers crossed that we'll get a Beast Wars themed "Something on Eukaris" box set.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890551)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on June 19th, 2017 @ 3:46pm CDT
Munkky wrote:

I think "Beast Wars on Eukaris" would work reasonably well.

And the recent events in IDW's Revolutionaries comic provides some interesting possibilities.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890552)
Posted by william-james88 on June 19th, 2017 @ 3:46pm CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:Probably just an IP grab or so to hold onto the trademark or whatever I feel. Still interesting though, especially with the MP Dinobot in the pipeline, but that is more on the Takara end and not so much the Hasbro end of things.

On the Hasbro end of things, there is a new Primal toy coming out since he won the Prime contest.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890553)
Posted by Munkky on June 19th, 2017 @ 3:47pm CDT
Double post fail. Sorry.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890555)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 19th, 2017 @ 3:53pm CDT
Munkky wrote:
Munkky wrote:

It wouldn't be too hard to do with existing moulds, you could have Alligator Megatron from Skullsmasher, Bat Optimus Primal (or even Nightscream!) from Mindwipe, or a Hasbro version of Takara's Legends Lio Convoy.

Hasbro doesn't switch out head molds as readily as TakaraTomy (the molds are tied to Galvatron and Sentinel Prime), so I'd consider those somewhat unlikely. I wonder they've be cheeky enough to retool Skullsmasher into Iguanus ;)
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890557)
Posted by Tyrannacon on June 19th, 2017 @ 3:56pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I did forget about that actually...but that was because Megatron should have won. :P XD
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890567)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 19th, 2017 @ 4:40pm CDT
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890569)
Posted by Kurona on June 19th, 2017 @ 4:42pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Yet more weirdness from whoever is in charge of the Titans Return packaging. First the screwup with Galvatron and Broadside, and now this.

What screwup was on Galvatron and Broadside?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890575)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 19th, 2017 @ 4:48pm CDT
Kurona wrote:

What screwup was on Galvatron and Broadside?

Galvy was in Autobot packaging and Broadside was in Decepticon packaging
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890577)
Posted by o.supreme on June 19th, 2017 @ 4:49pm CDT
looks like there might be some merit to my idea about a Eukaris set (and the 4th being an Earth Set).

We just don't have a Beast themed "Leader" yet (Unless they used Sixshopt for a 3rd time as Greatshot). As much as I would have rather had that than Quickswitch for the Speed set, I would not want a 3rd of this mold in a single toy line. We have Lio Convoy as a potential Voyager, Several Deluxes to choose from, Wingspan as the Legends Class, and as for the TM Head...Perhaps Tigatron, or Air Razor?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890578)
Posted by Kurona on June 19th, 2017 @ 4:50pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Kurona wrote:

What screwup was on Galvatron and Broadside?

Galvy was in Autobot packaging and Broadside was in Decepticon packaging

Ah, that's just a thing in general. All Wave 1-3 boxes had Autobot symbols, while all Wave 4 onward boxes had Decepticon symbols.

Why is it wave-dependant instead of aligning it with the individual figure included? ... I dunno, it's kinda dumb.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890587)
Posted by Randomhero on June 19th, 2017 @ 5:05pm CDT
I don't think we'll get a Eurakis set And even if we did what would be in it? The only animals we've gotten is alpha trio, the Decepticon headmasters and Doublecross. The set only comes with one voyager and one deluxe. Plus the other sizes but Does anyone really want a redeco of Alpha trio or any redecos of the con headmasters and even if we don't be filled with just beasts because their isn't a beast in all the class sizes. Look at ththe velocitron set. A 6 changer whose only mode advertised is a tank, a semi truck, a "submarine" and one speedster car. If we got a eurakis set it's probably only have one animal in it and the rest would be other Titan returns figures that would just get tossed in like the other two. Granted the Cybertron set has some big bands like Magnus prime and tidal wave but it also has pounce.

I think the last seats will be Caminus and Earth.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890588)
Posted by Kurona on June 19th, 2017 @ 5:12pm CDT
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890590)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 19th, 2017 @ 5:17pm CDT
Forget lack of reason for Quickswitch to be in a Velocitron-themed pack, there was no good reason for Titans Return Quickswitch that we got to exist at all. He is a mistake, a case of Hasbro forgetting there was another Autobot Sixchanger, one who is a retool of Sixshot. Given the limits of those sets it probably would have not been the greatest Greatshot (sticker chest, no shoulder guns, etc) but it would have made more sense to my thinking than trying to pass off the Sixshot mold as the totally-different-design Quickswitch.

Kurona wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Kurona wrote:

What screwup was on Galvatron and Broadside?

Galvy was in Autobot packaging and Broadside was in Decepticon packaging

Hmm
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890591)
Posted by Kurona on June 19th, 2017 @ 5:19pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Kurona wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Kurona wrote:

What screwup was on Galvatron and Broadside?

Galvy was in Autobot packaging and Broadside was in Decepticon packaging

Not the big symbol, the smaller symbol near the name. I'd read (and I believe I'd seen) that several samples had the wrong symbol.

Huh, odd -- I'd never heard of that before. Do you have a picture?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890593)
Posted by YoungPrime on June 19th, 2017 @ 5:22pm CDT
I'm tempted to buy this set, keep Pounce and sell the rest of it for $89.99 plus whatever I paid for shipping.

That and I hope the other 2 sets are exclusive to a retail store (like Target or Walmart) and NOT Amazon or somewhere else online.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890594)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 19th, 2017 @ 5:24pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Kurona wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Kurona wrote:

What screwup was on Galvatron and Broadside?

Galvy was in Autobot packaging and Broadside was in Decepticon packaging

The smaller symbols are all correct, it's the bigger ones on the side and top that are "incorrect". Ever since CW I believe, where it was all :BOT:, with :CON: starting at TR Wave 3
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890596)
Posted by ScottyP on June 19th, 2017 @ 5:31pm CDT
I know what's happened. I know exactly what's happened!

Some guy clicked "beastwars.jpg" on accident, no one else checked on it, and off to the printer went a box art file.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Box Features Beast Wars Logo (1890599)
Posted by Randomhero on June 19th, 2017 @ 5:37pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Eh, the boxsets don't necessarily follow the planet's theme to a T - they had some pretty odd justification for Laser Prime, Nautica and Quickswitch on Velocitron. Quickswitch has to do with speed because he can... transform fast...? They'll likely just Wingspan along with one, maybe two beasts and then whatever molds they wanna use. Soundblaster, G2 Megatron, Marvel Galvatron, Sky Shadow in his undies... I dunno. They'll find some loose justification for why they're on the jungle planet. Don't see why it's necessary for everyone in the Eukaris set to be beasts.

I agree that's why I don't understand the want for a eurakis set because it won't be all beasts because technically it can't be.

Though I too want a G2 Megatron. The canon can even become attached to his shoulder because their are some 5mm holes. I death right it be green with purple camo than all purple like the one that was more deluxe size and the giant missile. I think one will be soundblaster of Twincast and other godbomber.

Marvel Galvatron is also one I've said beforehand I'd could see. It's just Galvatron 2 and I'd be game for that. Bring on IDW barbarian Galvatron!

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Target Exclusive Runabout" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots QUICKSHADOW BOULDER SPARES" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cliffjumper 2019 Figure Deluxe Class Earthrise War Cybertron Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 1986 G1 Decepticon Battlecharger Runabout Friction RIFLE Weapon EUC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "VINTAGE 1984 TRANSFORMERS G1, Devastator , SCAVENGER + SCRAPPER, Takara, Japan" on EBAY