Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord!

Saturday, December 30th, 2017 1:31AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: WreckerJack   Views: 17,673

Today we have to share with you a very cool stop motion video promoting the Machinima Titans Return animated series viewable on go90 (in the US). It includes some neat effects and sounds applied to a video of real Titans Returns figures in action. The video features a battle between Optimus Prime and Hot Rod against Overlord taking place in an office space. It's worth the watch as it uses some really great animation, the production team put in a lot of effort and it shows. We won't spoil the fight for you, you can watch it mirrored below.

Also, if you enjoy Titans Return figures, please be aware that some Target stores are putting some Titans Return figures on clearance after the holidays. It may be worth it to go on a toy hunt to see what you may find!

Credit(s): Counter656

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1928863)
Posted by LE0KING on December 30th, 2017 @ 10:00am CST
Better frame rate and story than the actual show... Sad.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1928872)
Posted by Flashwave on December 30th, 2017 @ 11:30am CST
He... He shot Hot Rod right out of his guns. :lol:

Just goes to show how easy it is to steal the Matrix from someone. Its funny how Hot Rod shot his jet cockpit off his arm, I have so many priblems with that popping off the little handle piece.

I love how Overlord is conking people on the head with it, how is he holding that though? Movie magic? Or is there an actual onnection point?

Love that G2 Prime every time I see it, but man when I put it on my shelf with the other bots its just not whT I want in an Optimus Prime.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1928879)
Posted by william-james88 on December 30th, 2017 @ 12:40pm CST
LE0KING wrote:Better frame rate and story than the actual show... Sad.

True.

Flashwave wrote:

I totally get that and I felt that until I got it in actual G2 Prime deco, Then it all made sense.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1928882)
Posted by Whifflefire on December 30th, 2017 @ 1:09pm CST
Maybe the whole Machinima show should've been done in stop motion.

And as far as I can tell, Overlord's cockpit cannot attach to his wrist like that.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1928891)
Posted by MagicDeath on December 30th, 2017 @ 2:36pm CST
This is great. Absolutely amazing.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1928944)
Posted by ExciKaiser on December 30th, 2017 @ 5:57pm CST
Just spent 10 min trying to fit the ship on the arm. Without success.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1928990)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 30th, 2017 @ 10:52pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Flashwave wrote:

Yeah, the normal retail version is more "G2 Laser Optimus Prime wearing Star Convoy's deco instead of his own" than not.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1929020)
Posted by Flashwave on December 31st, 2017 @ 10:35am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Flashwave wrote:

For me, its more the proportions. I have my CW Optimus Prime affixed between a mix if CHUG and Prime and he just looks right. Big without being looming, not his G1 Proportion but also not wrong. The G2 Prime just sorta washes out in the crowd
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1929200)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 2nd, 2018 @ 12:17am CST
Almost forgot about Episode 9 tonight - https://www.go90.com/videos/2BxPz9NWuwH
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1929203)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 2nd, 2018 @ 12:31am CST
The excitement Optimus expresses at the beginning of this episode, about Fort Max being awake, is probably the happiest that Peter Cullen has made any of his Optimus Primes sound in the past decade.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1929212)
Posted by Va'al on January 2nd, 2018 @ 4:33am CST
With another episode in the Machinima animated series Transformers Titans Return now available, we also have yet another interview with voice actor and Transformers legend Peter Cullen - the voice of Optimus Prime in the series along with many others - courtesy of Comic Book.com!

The brief conversation can be found below, and you can head here for the full piece. Make sure to check back later on Seibertron.com for a review of the latest episode, too.

[quote]During a conversation about Transformers: Titans Return, a webseries that brings Cullen back together with Transformers: The Movie co-star Judd Nelson and other legendary Transformers names, the voice acting legend (who long played Eeyore in Disney's Winnie the Pooh franchise) recalled the wild days of early Transformers seasons when none of the cast were sure anyone was watching.

“I’m a Generation One fan, always have been for many reasons, obviously,” Cullen told ComicBook.com. “It’s the beginning and a successful beginning and a continuing journey of success. Generation One, to see it all happening that way again, reminds me sentimentally of the old days. The only thing missing is the cast; I don’t work with the full cast the way that we used to. I miss the days when we would have laugh attacks and production would shut down for five or six minutes due to everyone laughing so hard they couldn’t stop. Those were the days that I cherished.”

He added that in those early days, working with people like Mel Blanc (in some non-Transformers work) and Frank Welker (Megatron), he was constantly floored by the level of talent that he was working with, even if animation was still considered something of an acting ghetto at that time.

“These creative minds, these vocal geniuses playing multiple characters, inventing them, there’s no greater thrill to be sitting and recording with people who are that capable. You’re just in awe; it’s jaw-dropping,” Cullen said. “I have great appreciation for them; and it's great to get someone like Judd Nelson back. What a great, talented person and a special kind of human being. His approach to acting is a great, great asset to the franchise. We don’t have much opportunity to work with too many other people, but Frank Welker I do. We convene together at conventions, et cetera, and we get an opportunity to back and forth with each other, which is laugh-attack-ville.”[/quote]

Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1929238)
Posted by o.supreme on January 2nd, 2018 @ 10:47am CST
Well It was kind of cool to see Fort Max as a fully powered Titan, able to stand up to Trypticon even with augmented Powers. Having Trypticons transformation again shrouded was disappointing. They should have just made this an actual animated series instead of a cheap web-series. Of course when I say full animated series, I mean with professional level writers, directors, animators etc...Yeah I know Hasbro would never go for it, that's why we cant have nice things.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1929250)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on January 2nd, 2018 @ 12:11pm CST
I just starting watching G1 again, like over this weekend, and trying to do the whole series. IT's amazing to hear how young Optimus Prime sounds to how he does now. I know that's because Peter is older, but you could honestly believe this is part of that continuity, you know, if they hadn't screwed it up. lol
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1929303)
Posted by Bronzewolf on January 2nd, 2018 @ 5:06pm CST
Happy New Year, Seibertronians! With a new year comes more Titans Return, and so we arrive on the ninth episode of Machinima's animated series. Head-scratching moments abound, so let's just dive right in!

We open right where the previous episode left off, as Fort Max stands before Trypticon with Optimus, Windblade, and Emissary in his hand. And almost immediately off the bat we're reminded of one of the series' biggest issues. Fort Max is pelted with bolts from the same cannon that fired one shot at Prime and hurled him across the map, but acts like it's nothing. A mild inconvenience. He carries on a conversation through the entire scene while constantly getting hammered with countless lasers. This show needs to understand battles are not night and day, perfectly healthy to dead. Show some struggle, some battle damage. Heck, even if it's just little burn marks, just SOMETHING. Make us feel an emotional connection to the characters. If you don't want to do that, establish that they have a force field or shield around them, like the ships from Star Wars. Or, since this series loves glowy neon orbs so much, give him an actual lazer shield that expands from his arm! That would look so cool! THIS IS NOT THIS HARD, PEOPLE. It's really starting to bother me, and is really making it feel like they were just, frankly, too lazy to alter the character models in any way.

"Yeah, sure, we can make him fall over, but blaster marks? Ha! That's above MY pay grade."

Anyway, Trypticon transforms back to kaiju mode, and battles Fort Max, and again, the Titan fights are proven to be when this series is at it's best. The combiners can't reform their super combiner mode, as they've spent all of their energy. They decide to just split up and try to distract the Titan Dinosaur. Optimus discovers Megatron just watching the battle, and tries to convince him to fight. He's unsuccessful for the time being, as he's distracted by Fort Max, who lands a couple good hits on Trypticon, knocking him on his back. It looks like the Autobots have the upper hand for the first time in this battle, and Victorion rushes him, trying to finish him off. At the last second he turns his head and devours her whole. Literally, in one bite.

Hey, it's Attack on Titan! Heheheh

The odds then stack up against the Autobots, as not only did they lose a fighter but Trypticon has also consumed the Enigma of Combination, which somehow activates it, granting him magical powers. He promptly uses them to knock Fort Max and the other remaining Autohots down. It is a glorious couple of minutes of action, and it's extremely pretty. The visuals of Trypticon using the Enigma are very good looking. Again, the art style and color palette are very quickly becoming my favorite parts about this series.

I'm excited for the Doctor Strange remake starring Trypticon

Trypticon takes control of the other combiners and makes them turn on Fort Max. Windblade and Emissary decide they have to get them off the City Titan, so they do a couple strafing runs, knocking Devastator and Menasor off. Computron fights back, however, and sends her way off course, crashing into the ground, conveniently right at Megatron's feet.

I was almost going to complain about how Windblade shot Fort Max more than the combiners she was aiming for, but then I realized there's no point, because damage is meaningless in this series. HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA

Windblade convinces Megatron to finally join the fight, and he narrowly saves Optimus from Devastator. While this is all happening, Perceptor has received a message from the Matrix of Leadership, which he's supposed to be carrying to safety. He brings it back into the city, presents it to Trypticon, and also gets straight up eaten whole. With that, the episode ends.

Trypticonus Prime?

This episode brings us one step closer to the end of this season, and I have to say i'm kind of enjoying the overarching story. When you zoom into each episode, the details and execution annoy me, sure, but the actual story isn't awful. It's an interesting idea, and now that we're closer to the climax, the action is more fast-paced, fun and definitely watchable. Depending on how they tie it all up, of course, but that remains to be seen.

Thanks for reading! You can watch this episode for yourself over on Go90, and come back and tell me if you agree or if you think I was totally off base. Catch you next week with the release of Episode 10!
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1929316)
Posted by Rodimus Primal on January 2nd, 2018 @ 8:19pm CST
This series has been a better watch but, man it drags on sometimes.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1929359)
Posted by Burn on January 3rd, 2018 @ 3:26am CST
Stuff ALMOST happened with this episode.

I mean sure, there was still the whole bit with Optimus telling the combiners to separate ... only to ignore him and get promptly taken over by Trytiscream.

Oh and Menasor and Devestator only got taken over because of their limited intelligence. Care to explain Computron then Windblade?

And hey look! It's Perceptor! Totally ignoring Optimus' orders as well. I don't think anyone respects his leadership abilities any more.

Except Megatron, maybe, though he's just hanging around for the lulz.

Good grief this series is a mess.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1929456)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on January 3rd, 2018 @ 12:28pm CST
I want to say I think the Enigma of Combination is quite possibly the worst item ever conceived of and added into Transformers Lore. Whomever came up with it, should be thoroughly beat with their keyboard.

To a certain extent I would like to see them do a reissue of Trypicon in the Psychedelic magic scheme of translucent purples and glitter they us in here.

The best part of this episode Preceptor getting eaten. I loved him in the G1 cartoon but I can't stand him in this series. I admit, part of it is probably the voice actor for him this time around.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1929461)
Posted by o.supreme on January 3rd, 2018 @ 12:37pm CST
I think the idea of the Enigma is a good one, explaining how Combiners work, and can come into existence. How its been executed in this series, and the previous one, yes that is a point of contention I can understand.

Its kind of like Vector Sigma...Sure you can make new Transformers without it (i.e. The Dinobots), but they are going to have limitations. In my head canon, I always envisioned the Dinobots were taken to Vector Sigma at some point between 1985-2005, which explains their vastly augmented personalities from TFTM & on.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1929474)
Posted by william-james88 on January 3rd, 2018 @ 12:58pm CST
o.supreme wrote:

As a fan who didnt grow up with G1, the key to Vector sigma is what I have the hardest time making sense of. Especially when you link that to Beast Machines.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Sponsored Stop Motion Video - Optimus and Hot Rod vs Overlord! (1929478)
Posted by o.supreme on January 3rd, 2018 @ 1:00pm CST
william-james88 wrote: As a fan who didnt gro up with G1, the key to Vector sigma is what I have the hardest time making sense of. Especially when you link that to Beast Machines.

yeah, BM screwed a lot of things up, but that's nothing new. ;)
Transformers products from AMAZON