Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail

Friday, July 21st, 2017 11:14am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 13,173

Fellow Seibertronian dahpadre sends us notification that the Transformers Titans Return Titan class purplesaur himself has been spotted at general US retail! Indeed, Trypticon - with Full Tilt and Titan Master Necro - were found at the Toys'R'Us in Orland Park, Illinois - check it out below!

If you come across the Decepticon beast, or any other toy, make sure to mark it down in our Sightings Database, and happy hunting.

Credit(s): dahpadre

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898375)
Posted by o.supreme on July 21st, 2017 @ 11:20am CDT
Sounds about right. I was just looking at my TRU receipt from last year. It was July 30th I found Fort Max at the nicer TRU about 15 miles away from my home (as opposed to the not-so--nice one I pass by all the time, but seems to be restocking CoV constantly...) Looks like this weekend might be a good reason to venture out there.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898391)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on July 21st, 2017 @ 11:55am CDT
A buddy of mine works at our TRU. We don't get boxsets at ours, but we get Titans!

He messaged me right after stocking it. However, I had to work an outdoor concert all day yesterday. I had my wife get my credit card and go nab it.

Trypticon.jpg

I got it! It was the only one!!! :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898395)
Posted by o.supreme on July 21st, 2017 @ 11:58am CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:We don't get box sets , but we get Titans!

Should be the TF Generations advertising slogan for TRU in the United States :lol:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898414)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on July 21st, 2017 @ 1:32pm CDT
Additionally: Has anyone found a "proper" way to use Trypticon's hips, or is "the fix" absolutely necessary?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898421)
Posted by MadProject on July 21st, 2017 @ 1:48pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:With SDCC about to happen....won't there be a SDCC repaint of Trypticon there :-? like there was with Fort Max

I wouldn't hold your breath for such. SDCC is just a few days away, and we've heard NOTHING of the sort about a special edition of Trypticon for the show. In years past, we've head of the exclusive Titan Class figures weeks in advance.

yeah, it's strange, but also think about it.
What more can you possibly add to this figure (in terms of stickers or paintjob) more than the base version, other than a new fancy box?

Let's face it, Trypticon already has metallic paint, a lot of stickers, and is not missing some crucial accessory, like Fortress missed the sword.

With Metroplex the retail version was almost a big chunk of white plastic, and the SDCC added chrome paint.
Devastator got stickers, a different facesculpt and chromed paint.
Fortress got the sword, a different paintjob and stickers.

Sincerely, with Trypticon I can't see any possibility of paint upgrade (just maybe some chromed bit in the purple part of the shoulder cannons) and the only real "premium" thing they could do is pre-applied stickers.
I don't think they'll add the optional parts that would form the tank, since they didn't it with Metroplex nor Fortress.

Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898423)
Posted by o.supreme on July 21st, 2017 @ 2:03pm CDT
MadProject wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, but so far while in the other titan class toys you could clearly see a range of updates for premium versions, I can't see those in Trypticon.

It's no big loss, but I think some people were hoping for Gigastorm-type release.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898463)
Posted by MadProject on July 21st, 2017 @ 3:34pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Ah you're right. There's still that possibility.
We'll see.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898469)
Posted by dragons on July 21st, 2017 @ 3:49pm CDT
Few weeks to another month before I get him mail
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898488)
Posted by Randomhero on July 21st, 2017 @ 5:40pm CDT
I caved last night and just ordered him from bbts.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898598)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on July 22nd, 2017 @ 2:08am CDT
you'll either cave in & get him, wait for the Hastak Legends one

or

wait til Fanstoys does a Masterpiece one ;)^
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898723)
Posted by RodimalToyota on July 22nd, 2017 @ 4:21pm CDT
Nabbed one of these today at a ToysRus in Arizona. Already got him out and the hips aren't as bad as
Have been reported. Easy to pose, worst QC is the clear chest piece won't stay up, especially with Necro attached
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898740)
Posted by nycPrime on July 22nd, 2017 @ 8:34pm CDT
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898747)
Posted by Cr33per on July 22nd, 2017 @ 9:52pm CDT
I broke down and bought the Hasbro one. Should be here in a week or two.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898816)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on July 23rd, 2017 @ 5:14am CDT
nycPrime wrote:Interesting to get a report of the hips not being as bad as reported. I wonder as this figure becomes more available if we'll get more folks not experiencing the hip issue.

maybe not? according to this guys review that just went up + he seems to have his own solution in fixing the problem(well....kinda)
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898901)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 23rd, 2017 @ 1:49pm CDT
Okay so I got Trypticon...

The hips - The springs were as long as they appeared in the photos of people who had an issue. I didn't bother to see if they caused problems and went to work modifying them right out of the box. Fixing them was easier than I had thought. I was able to take apart the hip, snip the spring, and reassemble it. I didn't have to shave the + piece inside the hip and didn't add cardboard, although I did tape off the ends of the snipped spring with electrical tape. The hips seem to work fine so far. They're slightly loose, but he stands fine.

The chest piece and the tail piece are fine on mine. Both have stayed clipped in place so far.

The stickers - Yikes! So most of his stickers are small fiddly things, so if you enjoy model building you may like this. I probably won't attach most of the stickers because I don't have a steady enough hand to keep them looking horrible and crooked. In my opinion, he really doesn't even need that many stickers anyway, particularly in dino mode. He's pretty colorful and has a detailed sculpt. You may want to attach a few in city mode to give him more flair.

Sadly, it's all not good news. There is a misassembly in one of the hips. The ratchet that allows the legs to point away slightly isn't lined up right so one leg can't sit flush against the body. It's mostly bothersome in ship mode because the whole side platform pops up slightly as a result. I can't even fix it because one of the screws in the piece is deeply recessed and stripped, so I can't take the piece apart. I'm trying to decide if I should go through the aggravation of getting a replacement leg or not.

Overall, if it wasn't for that last issue I'd be pretty happy with Trypty. I really wish Hasbro would stop using ratchet joints unless absolutely necessary, since they keep screwing them up.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898902)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on July 23rd, 2017 @ 1:57pm CDT
Hasbro's Metroplex required an arm assembly...? Maybe Takara will do the same for Trypticon and have the legs ready to go in the box just as they did for Metroplex. :-? :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898906)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 23rd, 2017 @ 2:08pm CDT
The legs are apart from the figure in the Hasbro box. In fact, they attach to the figure on a sliding piece so you can slide them off and on easily.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898956)
Posted by Lore Keeper on July 23rd, 2017 @ 6:43pm CDT
I got my Trypticon from the local Toys R Us yesterday (in Deptford, NJ for anyone in the area). I performed a functional test of the hip joints by rotating both of them in each direction several full cycles. I opened them up and found no sign of wear or warping on the plastic. I recommend holding the legs right at the top and applying slight counter torque when rotating them. If you feel a lot of resistance, back the leg against the previous tooth and give a quick flick of the wrist forward. It should clear the next tooth with little strain.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898959)
Posted by Lore Keeper on July 23rd, 2017 @ 6:48pm CDT
As for other issues, my copy does mildly suffer from previously mentioned problems. The left leg does indeed point outward a little instead of resting flush against the body. His clear chest panel also doesn't tend to stay flush. It doesn't pop open entirely, but the right edge of it sags a bit under the weight of Full-Tilt unless it's pressed in in a very precise manner.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon Sighted at US Retail (1898981)
Posted by Qwan on July 23rd, 2017 @ 9:30pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:There is a misassembly in one of the hips. The ratchet that allows the legs to point away slightly isn't lined up right so one leg can't sit flush against the body. It's mostly bothersome in ship mode because the whole side platform pops up slightly as a result. I can't even fix it because one of the screws in the piece is deeply recessed and stripped, so I can't take the piece apart. I'm trying to decide if I should go through the aggravation of getting a replacement leg or not.

Y'know, I keep forgetting to mention this! My copy has that too (definitely the second one at least; I'm pretty sure the first one did too, but I can't remember for certain). Guess it's just another hip-based ratchet issue to add to the list. :roll:

It's absolutely not too big of a deal - it's a very slight issue in spaceship mode, and I keep the dino's hips splayed outward anyway so I don't notice it at all there - but it does mean that one of the sides of his base-mode (the part composed of Tryp's opened-up leg) is getting tilted backward somewhat dramatically. I guess I might risk opening the mechanism and taking a look at some point (I'd theorize you're right, Riddler, that one of the gears is just misaligned during assembly or something), but to be honest I can't really be bothered, so if someone else wants to find out how to do it first, that'd be great! :lol:

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #238 - The Podcast That Leapt Through Time
"The Podcast That Leapt Through Time"
Posted: Sunday, January 12th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Bot Shots MIRAGE Series 1: B005 Battle Game~NEW~Pkg shelf wear/tear" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars B'Boom Figure MISB SEALED BRAND NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Arcee Prime 100% Complete Deluxe RID Transformers Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME RID DELUXE STARSCREAM FROM BUMBLEBEE VS STARSCREAM PACK" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots - Arctic Boulder & Bumblebee Rock Team" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Toys Cyberverse Spark Armor Ark Power Optimus Prime Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon BOLT BUMBLEBEE Complete Cyberverse Legends 3''" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots FIREPLUG Robot Dog" on EBAY