Wednesday, August 9th, 2017 8:36pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 19,606

Some big ticket items have just been found at Canadian Toysrus stores. Titan class Trypticon has been found and so has the Seige on Cybertron exclusive boxset. It's funny that even though it is a Toysrus exclusive in Canada, the packaging department still stuck "BBTS exclsuive" stickers on them, which is where this product is exclusive to in the US. That happens all the time though in Canada, with "Target Exclusive" stickers found at Toysrus (since Canada no longer has Target) so this is more the norm since the US gets at least seven times more product than Canada. The US packaging, sticker and all, is often also used for Canada.

Trypticon is $229.99 and the Seige on Cybertron set is $149.99. The sightings come from cybertron.ca users Yonoid and Downshift. Happy hunting fellow Canadians!

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Fond at Toysrus in Canada

Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Gallery

Credit(s): Yonoid and Downshift

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903234)
Posted by Deadput on August 9th, 2017 @ 8:46pm CDT

I did find velocitron here but I was lucky since there was only one and I haven't seen it since.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903238)
Posted by william-james88 on August 9th, 2017 @ 9:05pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Damn should I keep my preorder from bbts (I don't have to pay shipping right now since it's in my pile of loot.) Or try my luck at the retail game?

It comes out to the same price if you buy it full price in Canada so might as well keep your bbts preorder.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903246)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 9th, 2017 @ 9:28pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

NO WAY NO HOW!

Because you'll be stuck paying CUSTOMS for sure. Meaning on top of expensive shipping and exchange rates, you are SURE to be busted at customs and having to pay both taxes PLUS a 10$ "handling fee".

Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903251)
Posted by william-james88 on August 9th, 2017 @ 9:35pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:I say hunt in store, find it, pay it, then cancel the pre order. Only if you miss out completely on the Canadian release should you import it.

Not that easy. BBTS is releasing this set any day now so if it gets released before he finds it in stores then he has to pay the BBTS price. And yeah, if ou get cuaght by customs you pay more than finding it in stores. However, if you dot get hit, its about the same price.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903262)
Posted by Deadput on August 9th, 2017 @ 10:18pm CDT
To be clear I know shipping is going to be a bit but I don't pay bills or anything and I have no other hobbies so I can afford the shipping.

I'm just going to wait and ship it later I'm in no rush to get them as long as I do have them because besides those small "prime" masters and couple of legends like Beachcomber I'm not going to be buying generations once Titans Return is over since I'm only in it for the headmasters.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903263)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 9th, 2017 @ 10:18pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Unfortunately, any purchases over 50$ or something from BBTS is SURE to be hit by customs. That's why the only purchase I did from them is years is for some junk on clearance that was worth below 15$US.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903265)
Posted by Deadput on August 9th, 2017 @ 10:26pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I think in total it comes to $180 in total Canadian including shipping but I'm going to pay shipping much later so right now it's about $130.

I payed $200 to get Godbomber and Lio Convoy so really this isn't much for me.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903274)
Posted by william-james88 on August 9th, 2017 @ 10:54pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I payed $200 to get Godbomber and Lio Convoy so really this isn't much for me.

Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903277)
Posted by Deadput on August 9th, 2017 @ 11:00pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Dude, you gotta learn about those Japanese stores which buy directly from Takara. I too got those but they came out to about half that all together, no joke.

Yeah I learned my lesson every other Takara product I have on preorder is from those stores don't worry but thanks for letting me know!

I just get exclusives from the place that sells them.

Since this is the Canadian Transformers thread is there anywhere I could get wave three Megatron and the wave 4 deluxes? I never saw Megatron in stores once and I passed over the wave 4 deluxes thinking I could pick them up later I do have Topspin though and I just bought Twintwist and they look great together!
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903288)
Posted by william-james88 on August 9th, 2017 @ 11:13pm CDT
Deadput wrote:

I just get exclusives from the place that sells them.

Neither of those have been spotted at retail recently. Sorry.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903291)
Posted by Deadput on August 9th, 2017 @ 11:19pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Neither of those have been spotted at retail recently. Sorry.

Darn that probably means I'm going to have to go online hunting once this is all over.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903348)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 10th, 2017 @ 2:20am CDT
Deadput wrote:

As for voyager Optimus and Megatron, those were "Walmart Exclusives". Never saw them at TrU. Bought Megatron but after a while I gave it at my local geek store for credits because I didn't like it.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903462)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on August 10th, 2017 @ 12:48pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

No, not the same price at all.

You said it's $150 (rounding to nearest dollar for ease of use) Can, well, $150 Can is $117.96 US. Meanwhile it's $100 US from BBTS, quite a bit cheaper unless you do something silly with shipping.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903465)
Posted by william-james88 on August 10th, 2017 @ 12:50pm CDT
Optimum Supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

No, not the same price at all.

nothing silly at all, shipping to canada is about $30 USD so it comes out to almost the exact same amount as if you were to buy it in Canada including taxes.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903480)
Posted by Deadput on August 10th, 2017 @ 1:22pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:TR deluxes are a nightmare to hunt down in Canada. It's always the same early waves. Never saw a Kup ever in store.

Nightmare is an understatement.

I had all of wave 4 in hand at Walmart but like the moron I am I put them back thinking I could get a better deal later on.

Yeah I picked up Prime at Walmart and it's where I find my Titanmasters (We are at Petro wave) since Toys R us seems to not sell them at all...like it's not even a case of they don't have them but there isn't even pegs for them, speaking of such one of our Walmarts removed the Transformers section completely...as in the put other stuff there and there was not a single Transformer in store! Now I only have one Walmart to shop at.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903603)
Posted by william-james88 on August 10th, 2017 @ 10:57pm CDT
Take that 40$ Exclusives!!!!!

The exclusives were all at my TRU next to the standard deluxes under the deluxe price tags and there were no price tags for these exclusives. So by the laws of quebec (I didnt even need to request it) I got them each for $20 CDN, which comes out to the same price americans got it at during their BOGO 40% off sale.

Crazy how I have to rely on these laws inorder to buy them for what should have been their full price.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903608)
Posted by shajaki on August 10th, 2017 @ 11:15pm CDT
Alberta has Overlord!

Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903611)
Posted by william-james88 on August 10th, 2017 @ 11:24pm CDT
WOOHOO!!!!!!! Are you getting both versions?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903618)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 10th, 2017 @ 11:48pm CDT
Well played, Will!

Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Found at Toysrus in Canada (1903627)
Posted by shajaki on August 11th, 2017 @ 12:16am CDT
william-james88 wrote:WOOHOO!!!!!!! Are you getting both versions?
Naturally, cause I'm an ill individual :lol:

-Kanrabat- wrote:Also, sighted Leader Megatron and Optimus at Walmart. 70$ instead of TrU's 75$. Still too much. Gonna wait.
Yeah I saw a Leader Megs today too. I double up on most things, but I got Takara's Leader Megs on pre-order. I don't care too much about covering both Hasbro and Takara on movie figures. So as much as I wanted him NAOW, I took a deep breath and put him down :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES WARRIOR MACE MASH GNAW (062)" on EBAY