Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting

Transformers News: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting

Sunday, June 25th, 2017 4:38AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 14,601

And here is the official Transformers Facebook page, giving us a very very brief promotional stop motion clip for the upcoming Titans Return Titan class Decepticon space t-rex Trypticon! The clip is extremely brief, but after Australia, you may be pleased to hear that the Philippines have also started seeing the big box of dino appearing at retail, as Twitter's generator_g1 points out.

If you come across him in your neck of the woods, make sure to point it out in our Sightings Database, to help out fellow collectors on the hunt!

Credit(s): generator_g1, TF FB

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892181)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 25th, 2017 @ 4:50am CDT
ALREADY SIGHTED AND AVAILABLE IN ASIA RETAILS?! (PH) :shock:

Yes it hurts my wallet very much :BANG_HEAD: :CON:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892194)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on June 25th, 2017 @ 8:36am CDT
Albatross250 wrote:ALREADY SIGHTED AND AVAILABLE IN ASIA RETAILS?! (PH) :shock:

Yes it hurts my wallet very much :BANG_HEAD: :CON:

whaa....? :shock: the Takara version?
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892199)
Posted by DeathReviews on June 25th, 2017 @ 9:07am CDT
A thought - the spring in the hip rotation joints. Is it possible that you have to pull the hip outward slightly in order to rotate them safely? And that the spring was meant to pull them back into place once released? That's what I might do if I wanted to engineer a heavy figure that would have a mechanism that allowed for hip rotation, and yet have them lock in place afterwards to prevent slippage...
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892220)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 25th, 2017 @ 12:09pm CDT
Ravage XK wrote:Well this is a huge disappointment. You'd think that QC would have caught this issue.

Is this a deal breaker for anyone?

Hell yes it is!!!

I really hope the guys at Takara are looking at what's going on. Look the bottom line is I don't fork out my hard earned money on TFs especially expensive ones to break apart due QC BS... :HASBRO: . I also don't wish to have to open things up and fart around with parts, too much money is involved for me to have to do that. There may be those who may enjoy this or don't mind but not me.

So unless :TAKARATOMY: can help rectify things it pains me to say that I will not be getting Trypticon...'nuff said! :-x :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892226)
Posted by Kurona on June 25th, 2017 @ 12:31pm CDT
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892234)
Posted by Ravage XK on June 25th, 2017 @ 12:52pm CDT
I have a pre order and unless there is a fix or you do have to pull the legs to move them I'm thinking of cancelling.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892238)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 25th, 2017 @ 1:06pm CDT
OH, COME ON!

I was all excited about Tryppy coming soon and this has to pop up. :-(
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892244)
Posted by william-james88 on June 25th, 2017 @ 1:17pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:
whaa....? :shock: the Takara version?

No, the Hasbro version. He wrote PH for philipines, so that can only mean Hasbro version since the takara version only sells in Japan.

Kurona wrote:We could also get a running change. Stuff like this happens all the time, right?

Yes it does. More reason for me to wait till after christmas for this toy.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892249)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 25th, 2017 @ 1:27pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:
whaa....? :shock: the Takara version?

Yes it does. More reason for me to wait till after christmas for this toy.

After Christmas...? :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892251)
Posted by william-james88 on June 25th, 2017 @ 1:35pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:
whaa....? :shock: the Takara version?

Yes it does. More reason for me to wait till after christmas for this toy.

After Christmas...? :VEHI:

Yup, any money I get at christmas will be going towards what I hope is an on sale and fixed second run Trypticon :D
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892260)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 25th, 2017 @ 1:52pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:
whaa....? :shock: the Takara version?

Yes it does. More reason for me to wait till after christmas for this toy.

After Christmas...? :VEHI:

Riiiiight-got it. :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892262)
Posted by Cobotron on June 25th, 2017 @ 2:06pm CDT
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892270)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 25th, 2017 @ 2:43pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:I'll wait for someone else to do a full explanation of the problem before I go into panic mode.

Qwan did a page back.

The long and the short of it is that the springs in the ratchet joints are really strong, to the point they could lock up. If excessive force is applied to get it to move again when that happens, the internal structure of joint gets wrecked to heavens due to the springs not budging. By the by, they're BIG, like the width of an earthworm.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892273)
Posted by DeathReviews on June 25th, 2017 @ 2:59pm CDT
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892281)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 25th, 2017 @ 4:04pm CDT
Trypticon 3rd party add on:

<!-- ia0 -->23643.jpg<!-- ia0 -->
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892284)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 25th, 2017 @ 4:11pm CDT
:)) :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892290)
Posted by unicron1200 on June 25th, 2017 @ 4:46pm CDT
I'm really hoping it's something that can be easily resolved, as far as his hips go. I'd be disappointed but ok with his legs only being able to safely rotate forwards as the video review had said, if the hips do indeed need to be angled out to release tension, or if Qwan's spring adjustment works well. I've just been ready for this figure since the poll took place and I don't want to be disappointed because of QC xD
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892305)
Posted by Qwan on June 25th, 2017 @ 5:57pm CDT
DeathReviews wrote:Can anyone confirm my suspicion that users are supposed to pull the hip joints outward slightly when rotating, so the plastic ratchets have clearance of each other? And the spring pulls the hips back in when released?

I can confirm that this is not the case. The springs aren't attached to anything so they wouldn't be able to pull anything together, and the rotation for the hips (basically a fully-enclosed giant mushroom peg with a ratchet inside) doesn't allow any leeway whatsoever for pulling the hips outward. The spring is definitely designed to be super-compressed and push outward, rather than extend and pull inward.
So sadly, that design isn't the case here - although I agree it would probably work quite well for a large figure like this!

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:By the by, they're BIG, like the width of an earthworm.

Looking back that was a bit of an exaggeration on my part; that was back when I was just 'reviewing' the figure for fun (the issue hadn't made itself known yet) and the description was more of a comedy decision than an accuracy one. They are seriously big though, way more so than I think any other spring I've seen, certainly on a toy. And really sturdy too; I put one under the corner of my bed for an hour or so to try and compress it down (which I'd prefer over cutting them, if possible) and it made literally no difference whatsoever.

I finally got around to taking a photo of them, actually. Here they are, with Krok for size reference (he was the only decent comparison I had on me) - Titan Masters can fit inside them. Yeah that's big.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892308)
Posted by DeathReviews on June 25th, 2017 @ 6:16pm CDT
Qwan wrote:

Alas. Well, I will likely sharpen the sickle and do some surgery on my Trypticon in that case. I certainly don't want to wind up with a mess of twisted plastic inside the legs.
Re: Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Promo Clip and Philippines Sighting (1892437)
Posted by ScottyP on June 26th, 2017 @ 12:16pm CDT
The overdone hip springs don't reek of bad QC, but rather poorly thought out QA. Overcompensating for a fix to the point of creating a new problem hurts to read about.

Didn't they learn anything from Unique Toys Siegfried? ;)

Ending Soon On eBay

New PLAYSKOOL HEROES Transformers Rescue Bots 12" Salvage figure RARE NIP - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 37 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers-Generation 2 "BEACHCOMBER" & "HUBCAP" (Mini Figures) MOC (Hasbro) - Time Remaining: 1 day 7 hours 37 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Protectobot Autobot Blades Loose Complete - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 41 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Fall of Cybertron SOUNDBLASTER Mint in Box - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 41 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing Thrilling 30 NISB Hasbro - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 46 minutes 46 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS ARMADA SCATTOR BROADSIDE FETCH MINI-CON TEAM NEW IN PACK! - Time Remaining: 19 days 7 hours 50 minutes 14 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS RID ULTRA MAGNUS CAR TRANSPORT BRAND NEW IN BLISTER PACK! - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 50 minutes 12 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS ARMADA BONECRUSHER KNOCK OUT WRECKAGE MINI-CON TEAM NEW! - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 50 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017