"Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th?

"Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th?

Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 5:55pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Rumors
Posted by: Darth Bombshell   Views: 18,808

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

As the Transformers Movie winds down in theaters, discussion has turned to the eventual DVD release. But among the news that has been released thus far, one thing has remained elusive: the date of that eventual release. That has changed today, as several online retailers, including HD Addicts, are announcing a release date of Tuesday, October 16th. Please keep in mind, however, that this is far from official confirmation, and is subject to change without notice.

Credit(s): HD Addicts, sparty2304, DevastaTTor, TFW2005


This article was last modified on Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 8:24pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302436)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on August 23rd, 2007 @ 5:59pm CDT
Hey, that's not to bad. I was actually thinking closer to November...but that would be nice.

Of course, I'd have to wait untill Christmas, though to watch it on HD-DVD, since I'm not getting my 360 HD Drive untill then....
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302447)
Posted by Jazz-935 on August 23rd, 2007 @ 6:04pm CDT
Nice, day after my birthday :D
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302456)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 23rd, 2007 @ 6:08pm CDT
What? That may be the shortest theater to DVD time ever. I hope its true. I want to watch TF on my TV.
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302478)
Posted by Bouncy X on August 23rd, 2007 @ 6:19pm CDT
Megatron_Wolf wrote:What? That may be the shortest theater to DVD time ever. I hope its true. I want to watch TF on my TV.

'

nope, shortest theater to dvd time goes to "From Justin to Kelly" , the american idol movie...


it hit dvd about 6-7 weeks after its theatrical release..lol
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302482)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on August 23rd, 2007 @ 6:20pm CDT
Bouncy X wrote:nope, shortest theater to dvd time goes to "From Justin to Kelly" , the american idol movie...


it hit dvd about 6-7 weeks after its theatrical release..lol


I think we're talking about "good" movies here, dude. :P
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302486)
Posted by Elita One on August 23rd, 2007 @ 6:23pm CDT
Hopefully this is a world wide date and not a US one. I know that Australia was one of the first countries to get it in theatres, but we have to wait ages for the dvd.
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302507)
Posted by Norcinu on August 23rd, 2007 @ 6:31pm CDT
*Fingers crossed* I know we got the movie first but please don't let us get the DVD of it last!
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302517)
Posted by Autobot032 on August 23rd, 2007 @ 6:37pm CDT
Bouncy X wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:What? That may be the shortest theater to DVD time ever. I hope its true. I want to watch TF on my TV.

'

nope, shortest theater to dvd time goes to "From Justin to Kelly" , the american idol movie...


it hit dvd about 6-7 weeks after its theatrical release..lol


Actually, the shortest theater to DVD time goes to a movie called Bubble, 2006 film from director Steven Soderbergh which came out on DVD the same day as it's theatrical release.

The second shortest theater to DVD time is for the film Surviving Christmas. The movie was released on DVD just two months after its theatrical release, making it the film with the shortest time between theatrical to DVD release. (The movie was also a box office bomb, grossing around $4 million in its opening weekend and about $11 million five weeks after its release.)

Then Justin and Kelly.
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302542)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on August 23rd, 2007 @ 6:48pm CDT
If I relate it to how fast rent always need to be paid, that'll be like next week!
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302544)
Posted by AutobotServo on August 23rd, 2007 @ 6:51pm CDT
That would be the same day Planet Terror comes out on DVD!
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302545)
Posted by BluePhirePB on August 23rd, 2007 @ 6:51pm CDT
Whoa, I seriously hope that's the true release date.
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302569)
Posted by Burn on August 23rd, 2007 @ 7:04pm CDT
Elita One wrote:Hopefully this is a world wide date and not a US one. I know that Australia was one of the first countries to get it in theatres, but we have to wait ages for the dvd.


Norcinu wrote:*Fingers crossed* I know we got the movie first but please don't let us get the DVD of it last!


November 1 release date for Australia according to Chaos.com
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302571)
Posted by i_amtrunks on August 23rd, 2007 @ 7:04pm CDT
It would surprise me if it were true.

Although it would not surprise me if this was the release date of a basic DVD version, with more Special Editions and Director Cut versions to be released closer to Christmas.
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302576)
Posted by BluePhirePB on August 23rd, 2007 @ 7:09pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:It would surprise me if it were true.

Although it would not surprise me if this was the release date of a basic DVD version, with more Special Editions and Director Cut versions to be released closer to Christmas.
Oh good point. If that's the case, I'll wait for the later more elaborate editions.
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302686)
Posted by Heavy B on August 23rd, 2007 @ 7:58pm CDT
it said "HD-DVD" what about us shlubs with regular dvds
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302729)
Posted by sparty2304 on August 23rd, 2007 @ 8:14pm CDT
Did we really need three threads for this...

just lock the other two I guess....

http://seibertron.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15706&sid=

http://seibertron.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15724&sid=


I really wish the search function would work...
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302747)
Posted by 1337W422102 on August 23rd, 2007 @ 8:19pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:
Bouncy X wrote:nope, shortest theater to dvd time goes to "From Justin to Kelly" , the american idol movie...


it hit dvd about 6-7 weeks after its theatrical release..lol


I think we're talking about "good" movies here, dude. :P

*snicker*

I thought they'd release it closer the Xmas, cash in on the whole gift-buying season.
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302751)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 23rd, 2007 @ 8:21pm CDT
sparty2304 wrote:Did we really need three threads for this...

just lock the other two I guess....

http://seibertron.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15706&sid=

http://seibertron.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15724&sid=


I really wish the search function would work...


What can I say, we were on top of our game today. :D
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302755)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on August 23rd, 2007 @ 8:23pm CDT
Slightly Less Heavy B wrote:it said "HD-DVD" what about us shlubs with regular dvds


Um...read the post, please.

sparty2304 wrote:Did we really need three threads for this...

just lock the other two I guess....

http://seibertron.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15706&sid=

http://seibertron.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15724&sid=

I really wish the search function would work...


I'd be happy to give you two credit.
Re: "Transformers" To Be Released on DVD / HD-DVD October 16th? (302765)
Posted by First-Aid on August 23rd, 2007 @ 8:27pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
Bouncy X wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:What? That may be the shortest theater to DVD time ever. I hope its true. I want to watch TF on my TV.

'

nope, shortest theater to dvd time goes to "From Justin to Kelly" , the american idol movie...


it hit dvd about 6-7 weeks after its theatrical release..lol


Actually, the shortest theater to DVD time goes to a movie called Bubble, 2006 film from director Steven Soderbergh which came out on DVD the same day as it's theatrical release.

The second shortest theater to DVD time is for the film Surviving Christmas. The movie was released on DVD just two months after its theatrical release, making it the film with the shortest time between theatrical to DVD release. (The movie was also a box office bomb, grossing around $4 million in its opening weekend and about $11 million five weeks after its release.)

Then Justin and Kelly.


That's jsut DVD's though. Anybody remember "Spaceballs"? Instnat cassettes! They're out in stores before the movie is finished!

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers DOTM Blackout Cyberverse Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "2009 Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Deluxe Bludgeon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TLK Skullitron NEW MISB - TRU Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike  Squadron WFC-S27 War For Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War For Cybertron,FIREDRIVE,TOPSHOT&FLAK,BLACKJACK&HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Sideswipe" on EBAY