Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers

Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers

Friday, September 28th, 2018 5:35pm CDT

Categories: Sponsor News, Game News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 13,689

First announced in late 2017, and showcased at San Diego Comic-Con and GenCon, TRANSFORMERS Trading Card Game is now available for purchase in the United States at major retailers and at Amazon.com!

The TRANSFORMERS Trading Card Game is a fast, easy-to-learn action battling card game designed for two players. Players build a team of TRANSFORMERS character cards and power them up with a customizable deck of battle cards. TRANSFORMERS character cards are huge – character cards in the AUTOBOTS Starter Set and Booster Packs are twice the size of standard playing cards, and can be flipped from bot mode to alt mode and back – and feature premium printing treatment on one of their sides. The deck of battle cards features Action and Upgrade cards to enhance TRANSFORMERS character cards.

Starting today, Transformers fans, tabletop gaming enthusiasts and others can purchase the following:

TRANSFORMERS Trading Card Game AUTOBOTS Starter Set (MSRP $14.99, ages 8 and up) - The AUTOBOTS Starter Set contains cards for two players to begin gameplay, and features OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, IRONHIDE and RED ALERT character cards. It is now available for purchase at retailers in the United States beginning on Sept. 28, 2018, and in certain other markets later in 2018. The Autobots Starter Set is currently available on Amazon.com.

TRANSFORMERS Trading Card Game Booster Packs (MSRP $3.99, ages 8 and up) - Players can add to their character card teams and battle card decks for full gameplay with Booster Packs. Each Booster Pack contains 1 TRANSFORMERS character card and 7 battle cards from a pool of 40 character cards and 81 battle cards. Starting today, Booster Packs are sold separately and available for purchase at retailers in the United States, and in certain other markets later in 2018. The Booster Packs are currently available on Amazon.com.

Thank you to Hasbro for sending Seibertron.com a sample of these exciting new products!

Transformers News: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers

Credit(s): Hasbro

This article was last modified on Friday, September 28th, 2018 5:39pm CDT

Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1986716)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 28th, 2018 @ 8:23pm CDT
Does anybody know if there's a one player option, like solitaire?
Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1986785)
Posted by DeathReviews on September 29th, 2018 @ 6:07pm CDT

BUMBLEBEE:

Play this card to annoy every other player in the game and make them sick of looking at it. Flip card to make every other character card on the field bored to death.

Flavor text: "What? HIM again???"
Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1986787)
Posted by WreckerJack on September 29th, 2018 @ 6:11pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Does anybody know if there's a one player option, like solitaire?
I'm sure you can do that if you have 2 decks. I have done that with MTG and Yugioh back in the day. It's good to find holes in your strategy or weaknesses in your deck.
Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1986839)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 30th, 2018 @ 1:10am CDT
WreckerJack wrote:

It's more about I don't have friends to play with and I kinda wanna justify buying this and the robotech game
Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1986841)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 30th, 2018 @ 2:12am CDT
DeathReviews wrote:The 'super rare' card is Bumblebee? The most common Transformer of all? They need to change the stats.

BUMBLEBEE:

Flavor text: "What? HIM again???"

Actually he's the second super Rare with the first being Nemesis Prime ;-)
Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1986891)
Posted by TheForgottenTaxi on September 30th, 2018 @ 10:17am CDT

The "two-player starter" set really strains credulity. It contains enough cards for ONE player to play the actual game -- 25 stars worth of bots, and 40 battle cards -- but just says, "Hey, to learn the game, just split these bots and cards between two people!" I've never seen a CCG do this before -- you don't see Magic release a single deck as a "two-player" product.

What's more there's only the one starter. So if you and a friend want to start playing the real game right away, you either both play the starter and have to play mirror matches, or at least one of you needs to buy a bunch of packs and pray. You need to buy 6 packs ($24) to get the minimum needed battle cards to play -- and that's assuming you can play everything you open. But of course, a lot of cards have narrow applications.

You would think the natural thing would be to release an Autobot starter and a Decepticon starter -- or an actual freaking 2-player starter that actually had 2 player's worth of cards. I'm sort of baffled as to why they wouldn't do that.
Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1986893)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 30th, 2018 @ 10:27am CDT
The lack of a con deck is weird but there is the metroplex theme deck coming...in fact hasbro seems to be weird with all the Decepticon releases when you think of it, I mean we've only seen one con in the siege line.
Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1986897)
Posted by #Sideways# on September 30th, 2018 @ 10:40am CDT
TheForgottenTaxi wrote:So I haven't played yet, but I have bought the starter and some packs, and I have to say: This is a pretty shoddy product rollout.

If you read the insert, it states that the "two player option" for the starter kit is taking the included deck and cutting it in half, with both players taking two of the four characters. Dragon Ball does the same thing with their promotional starter decks. It's to get a feel for the game, not to build a competent, powerful deck for both players.

Pokemon does the same thing. They have theme decks that are frankly awful in every regard, but they give people an idea of what the game is and how it plays. Obviously you can't build a proper, competent deck with a theme deck (and they continue to be a meme in the Pokemon community) but they're great starts to collections.

If you'd like to play what you'd like, I recommend proxying a deck. You can find scans on their Facebook page and you can print them out there.

If you'd like a list, check out my deck profile on Tanks!

Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1986918)
Posted by WreckerJack on September 30th, 2018 @ 1:39pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:

That's fair. I have the same dilemma. I'm probably going to just collect the cards rather than play the game since I am not sure if anyone else plays. I'd consider asking around at your LGS or if you have a local TF convention make some friends there to play the game with.
Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1986927)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 30th, 2018 @ 4:51pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:

Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1986932)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 30th, 2018 @ 5:25pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:

Who did you hear that off :shock: these days no one does that, magic had some cards to that effect on its early days but that was to balance effects out.
Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1986947)
Posted by #Sideways# on September 30th, 2018 @ 6:35pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Yeah I don't have either of those, besides I heard these CCG are winner takes the losers cards and with the prices being what they are, that's something I'd shank a fool over.

Yeah, that's called a crime. XD

Whoever told you that has literally no idea what they're talking about.
Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1986992)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 1st, 2018 @ 12:43am CDT
#Sideways# wrote:

Yeah, that's called a crime. XD

Whoever told you that has literally no idea what they're talking about.

That's what I heard back in the day about Pokémon and magic. Glad to know it was false.
Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1987021)
Posted by ScottyP on October 1st, 2018 @ 7:44am CDT
The character cards are bending in the southern humidity like a willow tree. I am disappointed they did not release appropriate sized protective sleeves for these alongside the sets. Not that I didn't order some off the internet, but I can still gripe about it.
Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1987325)
Posted by Celineness on October 3rd, 2018 @ 8:39am CDT
These appeared in my local store this week, and I bought the starter set, a sealed box of boosters, plus about 8 more individual booster packs.

I didn't get any SRs but neither of those characters interest me anyway, so that's fine. I'm actually relieved the SRs weren't something important (from a character perspective), like maybe Shockwave or Jazz. That would have sucked.

After trading a few cards, the only one I'm now looking for is Grimlock. I think it would be a bit weird to have all the Dinobots but not their leader.

As general feedback, I was a bit surprised at what was and wasn't included in this first set. To fit with the G1 series, I think they should have put aside the Dinobots for a later set which focused on them versus the Constructicons.

I was staggered to discover that Soundwave and his minions aren't in the set. That's a huge omission, but hopefully there will either be a Soundwave starter set or a Soundwave versus Blaster expansion set later. There was also no Ratchet, Trailbreaker, Brawn, plus a few more key omissions from the G1 original cast like Sunstreaker and Sideswipe, or even Bluestreak. No Thrust or Dirge either, and instead there were just a few out of place randoms like Flamewar and Chromia, plus Kup and a renamed Lord Straxis (who both really stood out as an odd choice at this stage).

Also Arcee's card art is a bit disappointing, considering all previous art for her.

The game is really cool, but I think it remains to be seen whether this mixed bag first set will get enough people interested. I'll be happy if we just get one further set with Soundwave that rounds out the missing G1 core characters. Beyond that, seeing the Constructicons and later combiner teams would be a nice bonus, before moving on to the later characters like Ultra Magnus, Galvatron, etc.

Also hoping for Sparkplug, Spike, Carly, Chip and Daniel mini-cards to support the Autobots :)

Hmm. How are they going to deal with triple changers? XD

One serious point about the character cards - I think it was a bad idea to make them foiled on one side, because all that does is cause the card to start bending as soon as it's out of the booster pack. Especially for oversized cards, it's a huge problem.

Finally, I was wondering if there was a forum anywhere for trading these cards. So far I can't find one, and I am still on the hunt for Grimlock whilst holding about a dozen duplicate character cards that need a good home.
Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1987341)
Posted by #Sideways# on October 3rd, 2018 @ 1:24pm CDT
Yeah, Wizards of the Coast has horrible foiling. I work in a card store and their Magic foils are just potato chips. Horrible, really. But yeah, you can definitely find top loaders and sleeves that are in the right size on Amazon. I definitely did for the more valuable ones, and put a weight on the others so that they won't bend.

Oh, by the way, I have a YouTube Channel that is doing content on this game now. Check them out if you want to take a look at my lists!

Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1987344)
Posted by Iron Prime on October 3rd, 2018 @ 2:00pm CDT
Celineness wrote:I was staggered to discover that Soundwave and his minions aren't in the set.

My bet is they are waiting for the game to mature slightly and they need time to make sure to get the gimmick for his minions right. Mis-handle Soundwave and people will riot. But get the cassette deployment just right and it will be a blast with tons of good word of mouth.

$0.02
Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1988264)
Posted by lakebot on October 8th, 2018 @ 11:28pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:

LOL! I don't think it's quite that serious. I too share the dilemma of not having anyone to play with(I think I'll try to get my wife interested) as the LGS had several people buy boxes but from what I hear, nobody is playing it at the shop. I did get a sealed box and the starter deck upon initial release but I'm ashamed to say I haven't even opened them. :-$
Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1990722)
Posted by PerfectVision on October 24th, 2018 @ 8:23am CDT
Every best teams,they all worth 25 stars which is always stronger than an inferior value.
Grimlock-sludge-snarl
Bumblebee10-slug-swoop
Bumblebee6-wheeljack-jetfire
Chromia or hound-cosmos-red alert
Optimus7-bumblebee9-mirage
Optimus12-kup-ironhide
Optimus13-inferno
Megatron13-nemesis
Megatron10-darkmount-demolisher
Starscream11-splitstream-skywarp
Starscream10-ramjet-flamewar
Sunstorm-thundercracker-?I suspect deadlock to be more expansive than planned
Shockwave-bombshell-ransack
The 4 others insecticons
Jazz-cliffjumper-prowl-arcee
Re: Transformers Trading Card Game Now Available on Amazon.com and other retailers (1992019)
Posted by PerfectVision on November 1st, 2018 @ 9:59am CDT
No answer but i can`t wait.
In quadrio attack with two characters at once,for exemple,begin with Cliffjumper and Prowl,then,with Jazz and Arcee because they need more support,this is the battle deck:
start your engines x 1
piercing blaster
force field
data bank
turbo booster x 2+matrix
the bigger they are...
team up tactics
new designs
battle ready
It work with the Optimus7 team,replace the boosters with personal upgrades.
Duo require only six differents upgrades including those that destroy others+action for that,compensate with the brainstorm and the back up plan,system reboot for Cosmos and Shockwave.The cargo trailer is only for Kup,the ranged upgrades are for planes.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege: War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia Brand New" on EBAY