Transformers News: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan

Friday, July 21st, 2017 10:03AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 13,371

The sought after Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime Evolution set, featuring a Titans Return Orion Pax, has now been found on Amazon. And not just Amazon.com, but Amazon Japan as well. While the Japanese listing is a preorder, the American listing is now live and you can purhase this Prime eligible set for $29.99. This was brought to our attention by RodimusConvoy13. Will any of you be getting this set? Let us know in the forums!

Credit(s): Amazon.com
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1898351)
Posted by datguy86 on July 21st, 2017 @ 10:17am CDT
Got one. Thanks for the heads-up.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1898358)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on July 21st, 2017 @ 10:40am CDT
Just nabbed one, thanks for the heads up.
Man, I feel bad for anyone that already paid $60 from the 3rd party online retailers.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1898363)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 21st, 2017 @ 10:51am CDT
Nah, I'm good thanks. These look kinda junky to me. Wouldn't mind the other deluxe two pack that has DotM Deluxe Prima and 2007 Protoform Prime though.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1898367)
Posted by william-james88 on July 21st, 2017 @ 10:55am CDT
Glad we can help!
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1898402)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 21st, 2017 @ 1:04pm CDT
30$US?!
That's dirt cheap. :shock:
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1898412)
Posted by Silverwing on July 21st, 2017 @ 1:23pm CDT
This pleases my wallet.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1899541)
Posted by ExciKaiser on July 25th, 2017 @ 10:02am CDT
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1899563)
Posted by Va'al on July 25th, 2017 @ 10:41am CDT
While we do have a video review for this set - from the Transformers Tribute toyline - fellow Seibertronian ExciKaiser has been nice enough to acquire a set and provide a pictorial review of the two versions of Orion Pax / Optimus Prime, both reusing previous molds, but only one with some changed details! Find out more below.

ExciKaiser wrote:Mailman just delivered them :

Not sure if the box picture is still necessary as everybody has saw it, but..

The Two guys together.

It's really a strange set. One of the most detailled and complex Generation Deluxe, with ... ok not the worse, but at least the most simplistic looking and less detailled of TR line.
They don't match at all.

Time for comparison with their counterparts :

VS T30th Orion Pax :

So in the end ?

I initially planned to resell the WFC Prime as I already had the original.
Except now I have it, I think I'll keep it. I can't choose which one is the best. I like the more vivid colors, as well as the neon blue instead of neon pink.
It's the same conflict as between the orginal Supercon armada Prime and the Galaxy force vivid repaint.

For Orion Pax, I decided to prefer him to Kup because of the head before even buying it.
Now I got it, I'm a bit deceived by this head (the T30th was more detailled aven if smaller), but it's still far better from the Kup's one.
The plastic remains the same, whic means this strans porous-looking cheap plastic. Strange considering the WFC got the same high grade plastic as the first release.
And he is as floppy as Kup..

Oh and if you need one more reason to prefer Orion instead of Kup :

Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1899566)
Posted by Kurona on July 25th, 2017 @ 10:44am CDT
Interesting symbol on Pax's chest here.

Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1899568)
Posted by ExciKaiser on July 25th, 2017 @ 10:48am CDT
The same on sides of vehicule mode.

I supposed it's eliteguard, but after check, it's not the same.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1899577)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 25th, 2017 @ 10:55am CDT
I think the Prime definitely looks better than the original release. The Pax just looks awful to me. No redeeming features whatsoever.

I think I'm tempted to buy it if cheap just to have a look at how the Prime transforms as I've not played with that mold and am curious and dunno if I'd keep it or sell it on. I'd just sell the Pax right away.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1899580)
Posted by ExciKaiser on July 25th, 2017 @ 11:05am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I think the Prime definitely looks better than the original release.

In fact, that's it, since my post/review, the new one replaced the original on my shelves.

Carnivius_Prime wrote:The Pax just looks awful to me.

He is correct compared to other titans return.
Not the best, but correct.

Putting him on the same box was really unfair. Even the FOC prime for the same era would look bad next to the WFC.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1899587)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 25th, 2017 @ 11:14am CDT
ExciKaiser wrote:

Yeah the newer one just has better contrast with that bolder red and darker grey particularly on the chest. That appeals to me much more.

He is correct compared to other titans return.
Not the best, but correct.

I don't really like the Kup figure as is though the Takara one fixes a lot of the issues I have with it such as the arms.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1899598)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 25th, 2017 @ 12:04pm CDT
Of all the things that were chosen from the cartoon model of Orion Pax to incorporate into this figure, it was the cartoon model's kissy lips.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1899619)
Posted by Lore Keeper on July 25th, 2017 @ 1:57pm CDT
I have my set ordered and it should be getting to me tomorrow! :D
Times like this do make me miss Fun Pub and the Ask Vector Prime segments. This two pack is a continuity curiosity, and I would love to be able to get an official answer on which fiction these figures are intended to belong to. My collection display depends on it! :-(
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1899681)
Posted by william-james88 on July 25th, 2017 @ 4:12pm CDT
Lore Keeper wrote:I have my set ordered and it should be getting to me tomorrow! :D

These are technically his G1 incarnation since the back of the box calls him a data scientist and both it is supposed to show his evolution (as said in the back). So yeah, this is G1 Prime.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1899682)
Posted by Kurona on July 25th, 2017 @ 4:14pm CDT
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1899683)
Posted by william-james88 on July 25th, 2017 @ 4:16pm CDT
Kurona wrote:It's weird, since not only do we have different design ethics behind the two; we have very different colour schemes and hues as well -- making it all the more harder to believe they're from the same universe.

Maybe Prime asked drift for a paintjob to represent his changed state of mind.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1899684)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 25th, 2017 @ 4:17pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

That wasn't G1 Orion Pax's occupation, though. G1 Orion was a dock worker in the cartoon.

Or if you mean IDW G1, that Orion wasn't a data clerk either. He was a cop.

Only Aligned Orion was a data clerk.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Set Found on Amazon US and Japan (1899733)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 25th, 2017 @ 8:00pm CDT
I want both Kup and Orion Pax. To bad both will NEVER show up in any of my local stores. >:oP

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
"Appliance Wars"
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Adventure TAV-30 TAV30 RID Battle Grimlock Voyager Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Bruticus Shockwave and Amazon Blastoff USED 7 bots" on EBAY
Buy "McDonalds Transformers GRIMLOCK Figure # 7 Happy Meal Toy 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise MEGATRON Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon 2002 Collector Plate  RiD Optimus vs. Megatron!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RID UNIVERSE ULTRA MAGNUS VS SKYWARP INSTRUCTIONS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Three-Step Changers Stealthasaurus Rex Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "2015 McDonalds TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE - FRACTURE Figure Toy #4" on EBAY