Friday, September 29th, 2017 3:27pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 18,611

It's been a while since we've had any news about the Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime two pack, as it kind of just came and went, but that all changed today when Amazon listed it as part of it's top 100 holiday toy list! The online retailer's yearly list compiles all the top toys from all the different categories of the industry, and this evolution pack is actually the only Transformers toy to make the list. Click on the image below to be see all 100!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Tribute Toyline Discussion Thread

Credit(s): Amazon

Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1913561)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on September 29th, 2017 @ 4:20pm CDT
Guess Amazon ordered more of these than they thought they could sell...
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1913564)
Posted by Relic0037 on September 29th, 2017 @ 4:48pm CDT
What a coincidence the only Transformers toy on Amazon's list is the Amazon Exclusive.....what are the odds?
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1913565)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 29th, 2017 @ 4:52pm CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:Guess Amazon ordered more of these than they thought they could sell...

Except in Canada. They don't offer this set here at Amazon.ca.
I know I can import it, but oh well...
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1913574)
Posted by ShockBlade501 on September 29th, 2017 @ 7:41pm CDT
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1913575)
Posted by Deadput on September 29th, 2017 @ 8:07pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Except in Canada. They don't offer this set here at Amazon.ca.
I know I can import it, but oh well...

They doubled charged me for the set...the day I bought it and the day it shipped...

They sent me an email today asking if it met my expectations...
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1913582)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 29th, 2017 @ 8:50pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Except in Canada. They don't offer this set here at Amazon.ca.
I know I can import it, but oh well...

They sent me an email today asking if it met my expectations...

Yeesh... One more reason to avoid the set.

I already have WFC Optimus and I paid the big bucks for TR Kup already. And since I got rid of so many figures for my G1 fix, I now avoid doubles and repaints like the plague.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1913591)
Posted by Qwan on September 29th, 2017 @ 9:48pm CDT
I did buy the Tribute set, mostly because it aligned perfectly with my personal collection. I'd never had WFC Optimus and wanted to experience the mold since I'd heard good things about it; I'm getting LG Kup instead of TR, so the slight molding differences made it easier to justify having Tribute Orion as well; and while I have T30 Orion Pax, that guy's tiny and flimsy-feeling, so I wanted a larger and more solid Orion for my collection. Sure the PoTP Orion Pax is super-accurate to the cartoon, but I don't mind a bit of artistic liberty on the more obscure or weirdly-designed characters, plus his vehicle mode's a bit blegh and let's not forget you'd have to pay Leader price to get him. As it was, since I went through Premium Collectables (which I do not recommend, but it happened to work out for me this time) while they were having a sale, the Tribute set cost me about $60AU all up - just a little bit over retail price for two Deluxes.

So yeah, I've made my decision and I'm happy with it - I'd recommend the Tribute set to anyone, particularly someone without the WFC Prime mold like me! I can totally see why others would prefer PotP Optimus/Orion though, and of course you should always do you. However if it sways any opinions, I've found that Tribute Orion makes an absolutely fantastic generic transtector for just about any head you could possibly want to use him with - he makes a particularly great generic Autobot with someone like the Swoop Titan Master attached.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1913593)
Posted by Deadput on September 29th, 2017 @ 9:56pm CDT
I enjoy the set a lot I'm using Orion with Clobber as Crosshairs.

Wfc Prime is great in bot mode but it's a pain to transform and reminds me why I prefer solid robot and alt modes compared to floppy messes.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1913596)
Posted by Ig89ninja on September 29th, 2017 @ 10:21pm CDT
All I want from this set is the Orion Pax Titan master body so I can have another use for my Apex Titan master
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1913601)
Posted by Relic0037 on September 30th, 2017 @ 12:21am CDT
Deadput wrote:I enjoy the set a lot I'm using Orion with Clobber as Crosshairs.

That doesn't look too bad. I might have to steal that idea.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1913625)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 30th, 2017 @ 7:51am CDT
Qwan wrote:So yeah, I've made my decision and I'm happy with it - I'd recommend the Tribute set to anyone, particularly someone without the WFC Prime mold like me!

That's quite obvious. That toy alone justify the price of the set, especially because the original WFC Optimus is worth that much alone on Ebay.
And getting a "free" Orion Pax out of the deal is even more awesome.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1913783)
Posted by durroth on October 1st, 2017 @ 6:38am CDT
ShockBlade501 wrote:Is anyone actually gonna buy this with that Power of the Primes Optimus with the super accurate Orion just on the horizon?

Honestly? It comes with a really nice version of one of the best deluxe Optimus Primes in the last decade, and he's a nice throwback to E-hobby Orion Pax. There's plenty to recommend him.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1913890)
Posted by Deadput on October 1st, 2017 @ 3:53pm CDT
durroth wrote:

I'm just collecting every headmaster.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1913895)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 1st, 2017 @ 4:06pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
durroth wrote:

I'm just collecting every headmaster.

Same here. Plus I never experienced the linebacker prime mold, so that was a nice bonus.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1913927)
Posted by Deadput on October 1st, 2017 @ 10:19pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Deadput wrote:
durroth wrote:

I'm just collecting every headmaster.

Besides the gun I'm not liking WFC Prime that much but I don't know how to sell him.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1914106)
Posted by william-james88 on October 2nd, 2017 @ 8:50pm CDT
Fellow Seibertronian Maverick Prime has just told us that a video review is now up for the Movie Bumblebee Tribute 3 pack. The video review is by Chefatron who compares each toy to their original. It is here that we see how few differences there are on some of them.

Let us know if the lack of differences still warrants double dipping.

Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1914107)
Posted by william-james88 on October 2nd, 2017 @ 8:50pm CDT

Let us know if the lack of differences still warrants double dipping.

Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1914114)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 2nd, 2017 @ 9:13pm CDT
Talk about "double-dipping"...
.... Post a double post! :lol:
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1914117)
Posted by DeathReviews on October 2nd, 2017 @ 9:31pm CDT
Despite my general disdain for Bumblebee figure saturation, I admit to having several of them. I missed out on Classic Deluxe Bumblebee, which is still arguably the best. Until they put out "The Legacy of Bumblebee" 3-pack at Walmart. It contained TFA Deluxe Bumblebee, a repainted Classics BBee, and ROTF Deluxe BBee with a better paint job.

Sure, they were all Bumblebee. But at least that pack had some real variety to it. This new 3 pack is just 3 'different' Bayverse versions.
Re: Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime and Orion Pax Two Pack Makes Amazon's Top 100 Holiday Toy List (1914132)
Posted by Quantum Surge on October 2nd, 2017 @ 10:24pm CDT
I felt kind of bummed out on the changes made to the set. TLK Bee would go well as an altmode display for his smokey gray windows, but only if there wouldn't be any feet issues with the retail one (which will forever have the cannon). While I like the look of the normal High Octane Bumblebee, I guess this one will have to do since I missed out on the AOE version. I think that there needs to be the paint apps like the Movie Advanced version to justify it being different enough. And as for the 07 Deluxe, I guess it's neat to have it for nostalgia sake (and for the vintage feel of the garage box set), but it looks off next to the other Deluxes at least in robot mode. The removal of paint apps like the scorches is kind of lame on Hasbro's part, and while I hated the black paint (and the head sculpt) of that Bumblebee, the silver paint doesn't do much favors in improving it either.

All in all, I'll still get the set, but not for the asking price that Hasbro would go for. If I get it at a discount (depends on where I get it), then I will pick it up.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Galvatron with Nucleon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Netflix Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hardhead - Headmasters Retro Generations Titans Deluxe Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Mirage - Netflix War For Cybertron Generations Titans Decepticon TK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy HOTLINK Netflix Walmart Exclusive NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Netflix HOTLINK Seeker Used Complete w/Box + Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 & 2015 RID McDonald's Happy Meal Grimlock Figures" on EBAY