Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed

Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed

Wednesday, June 7th, 2017 8:04am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,214

We had news of the Transformers Tribute line appearing soon from our regular Weibo user/leaker, but we now also have an in-package image of who Orion Pax (the Kup repaint) will be featured with: deluxe War for Cybertron Generations Optimus Prime! Check out the box below, as reported by several Seibertronians, and let us know what you think of this new Evolution Pack line!

Transformers News: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed

Credit(s): Weibo 淘宝店变形金刚改造工厂

Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887607)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 7th, 2017 @ 8:08am CDT
kurthy wrote:Planet Iacon has news of Orion Pax in an evolution two pack with an Optimus Prime.

So this is a movieverse set with no movie toys?

That's kinds dumb.

And I already have the WFC Optimus so I'm not seeing the need to buy another one. I might have bight Orion Pax if he was sold alone but I'll probably skip this.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887610)
Posted by no-one on June 7th, 2017 @ 8:14am CDT
That just screams Target exclusive ;)

I kinda want that Orion repaint but I don't need a second Linebacker Prime. Is the WfC OP deco any different?
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887612)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 7th, 2017 @ 8:14am CDT
I don't get what it's a tribute to...
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887613)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 7th, 2017 @ 8:17am CDT
Two pre-Earth toys of Optimus, both as versions of him from a point set before he got the Matrix. Weird.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887615)
Posted by bacem on June 7th, 2017 @ 8:18am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I don't get what it's a tribute to...

tribute for people like me who missed the first wfc optimus prime. :-P
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887618)
Posted by kurthy on June 7th, 2017 @ 8:27am CDT
bacem wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I don't get what it's a tribute to...

tribute for people like me who missed the first wfc optimus prime. :-P

Really great for people like me who are getting the takara kup and don't have linebacker prime.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887619)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 7th, 2017 @ 8:27am CDT
carytheone wrote:Is the WfC OP deco any different?
Yes. The red looks to be deeper, the gray darker, and all the pink Tron-style lights are light blue instead of pink.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887620)
Posted by Randomhero on June 7th, 2017 @ 8:30am CDT
Oh I'm getting this. My WFC Optimus fell from the shelf and his right antennae broke and that Pax looks too good to pass up. I was getting worried they go all out homage and include Dione in the Wheelie mold.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887621)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 7th, 2017 @ 8:31am CDT
bacem wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I don't get what it's a tribute to...

tribute for people like me who missed the first wfc optimus prime. :-P

Heh, ok. I passed on that WFC Prime many times as it didn't interest me and that Kup mold looks pretty bad so I don't mind passing on this set.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887627)
Posted by Lucky Logician on June 7th, 2017 @ 8:56am CDT
Another WFC Prime? Boo. That mold is such a pain to transform.

I like the Pax version of the Kup mold. Normally I would say he looks good. However, seeing him next to that sweet cherry red WFC Prime makes him look.... kinda dull by comparison. Pax looks like he needs to go to the car wash and get a premium wax.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887628)
Posted by william-james88 on June 7th, 2017 @ 9:00am CDT
Rainmaker wrote:Ooo another Evolution Pack! Me likey. This is part of the Tribute line apparently...maybe that's where the Orion Pax comes from. Although nothing from the packaging confirms this is a Takara product, it looks like Hasbro packaging. I thought the Tribute line was Takara.

We knew it was Hasbro since Takara toys never get leaked (at leasst not that I know of) and the instructions shown were Hasbro instructions with English everywhere:
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... med/38363/

Also takara doesnt really do stuff like this, with current molds, aside from E-hobby stuff but thats another story.

Carnivius_Prime wrote:I don't get what it's a tribute to...

Optimus Prime?
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887637)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 7th, 2017 @ 10:06am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Optimus Prime?

From which universe???
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887639)
Posted by Cobotron on June 7th, 2017 @ 10:09am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Optimus Prime?

From which universe???

All of them? :-?
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887640)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 7th, 2017 @ 10:12am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Optimus Prime?

From which universe???

All of them? :-?

These other double pack figures make much more sense to be in an 'evolution' two pack with movie Prime on the box than this WfC and Kup mold.

It's all just a bit weird...
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887641)
Posted by Randomhero on June 7th, 2017 @ 10:15am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... med/38363/

Carnivius_Prime wrote:I don't get what it's a tribute to...

Optimus Prime?

Could be the tenacious D song too
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887646)
Posted by Evil Eye on June 7th, 2017 @ 10:42am CDT
Huh, that looks pretty neat. Assuming I don't get Legends Kup at some point I might spring for this.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887652)
Posted by william-james88 on June 7th, 2017 @ 11:24am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Optimus Prime?

From which universe???

But when isn't Optimus Prime Optimus Prime? He's always the same character, Peter Cullin says so every chance he gets.

But if we want to get nerdy, we do know that the High moon games both serve as a peripheral prequel (either canon or not) to both the films and the alligned continuity since there are references to both of those continuities within the games (Lockdown and Dark energon for instance). Now we know Orion Pax is also part of the Alligned Continuity, specifically prime. So Movie Prime, WFC Prime and Orion pax are all loosely connected in the multiple iterations of the evolution of the various optimus prime depicitons and designs throughout the years :D
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887657)
Posted by Insurgent on June 7th, 2017 @ 11:35am CDT
They are a quasi prequel to the aligned continuity, even though WFC was meant to be a G1 based universe, but where does the Movie references come in?

Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887666)
Posted by william-james88 on June 7th, 2017 @ 11:57am CDT
Insurgent wrote:Dark Energon was never mentioned on screen, and Lockdown, to my knowledge, never appeared in Prime. If you mean Rise of the Dark Spark game, it's established in game those are two different universes that the Dark Spark jumps across.

There you go, they are all all connected in some way.
Re: Transformers: Tribute Optimus Prime Orion Pax Evolution Pack Revealed (1887667)
Posted by leokearon on June 7th, 2017 @ 12:01pm CDT
I wonder who else will be in this tribute line

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "New Kre-O Transformers Galvatron Factory Battle Optimus Bumblebee A6952 Open Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RobotsIn Disguise Megatronus 12" 5 Step Changer 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Headmaster Alpha Trion" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 Transformers G1 BLASTER BOOM BOX Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Kre-O Transformers Galvatron Factory Battle Optimus Prime Kreo A6952 Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybetron Generations Selects Shattered Glass SG Ratchet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Original G1 Terrorcon Cutthroat for Abominus 1987" on EBAY