Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images

Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images

Monday, November 5th, 2012 12:49am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 33,701

Site sponsor Robotkingdom has posted some in-package images of Takara Tomy's Transformers United Bruticus reissue for the Asian market. The set is scheduled to release on the 7th. Images mirrored below.

Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images

Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images

Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images

Credit(s): Robotkingdom

Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437133)
Posted by Mykltron on November 5th, 2012 @ 4:15am CST
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437139)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on November 5th, 2012 @ 5:22am CST
Mykltron wrote:Will this make the FP add-ons value go up and the de-value the previous releases of Bruticus?

The add on set is being re-issued too, with a slightly altered colour scheme (smart move by FP), I'd like to see some comparison shots tho'.

http://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/fansproject- ... 47qjoqc1j4

Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437164)
Posted by SkyWarpsGhost on November 5th, 2012 @ 8:17am CST
I've been seeing the old version of this for silly money, so I decided stuff it I'll go for it. Preordered this new release and the FP re-release as well, as I've been after this/these guy(s) forever.
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437165)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 5th, 2012 @ 8:24am CST
Nice reuse of the RotF mugshot art :)

And seriously, I want him! but the chances of me actually getting him are slim...
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437185)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 5th, 2012 @ 9:58am CST
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437201)
Posted by freetouch on November 5th, 2012 @ 10:59am CST
RiddlerJ wrote:I find it curious that they're only putting out a Bruticus set in the United line and not the Superion or Devastator sets.

**shadow contract with fansproject**
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437207)
Posted by freetouch on November 5th, 2012 @ 11:11am CST
I do like that the new Bruticus isn't to far off in color from the rotf version... so hopefully the FP stuff won't be neon pink. But who am I kidding, I preordered the FP stuff already, So I dont care what color it is as long as it shows up.
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437219)
Posted by Rated X on November 5th, 2012 @ 11:36am CST

Theres no money to be made in Devastator after Hercules and Giant were made. Who would really buy the crappy Hasbro set with no available upgrade ?

And Fansproject Superions everwhere are hitting the bottom shelves as we prepare for a piece of Uranus !!! :lol:
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437226)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 5th, 2012 @ 11:46am CST
So it's United even though the original listing said "Classics".
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437229)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 5th, 2012 @ 11:54am CST
Sabrblade wrote:So it's United even though the original listing said "Classics".

Like with Ultra Magnus... TransformersAsia isn't that accurate with lines it seems.
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437244)
Posted by craggy on November 5th, 2012 @ 12:28pm CST
Pretender Skywarp wrote:

http://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/fansproject- ... 47qjoqc1j4

it does. easy. the original add-ons get that much on their own. add another £100+ for the movie-era release of Bruticus Maximus. I got the whole thing for around £185 shipped from TFSource.
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437252)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 5th, 2012 @ 12:41pm CST
Pretender Skywarp wrote:I can't see me upgrading tho', this plus the new FP set would be an easy £175-£200, I'm not sure the origami fetches that!!

Gotta love spell check going horribly wrong :lol:

Seriously though, why is Bruticus the most desired combiner in TF history?
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437275)
Posted by craggy on November 5th, 2012 @ 2:10pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Gotta love spell check going horribly wrong :lol:

Seriously though, why is Bruticus the most desired combiner in TF history?

none of the rest of them are made up of Swindle and some other guys.
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437279)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on November 5th, 2012 @ 2:26pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Gotta love spell check going horribly wrong :lol:

Seriously though, why is Bruticus the most desired combiner in TF history?

Bloody iphone :oops:

In my defence Mrs.S was dragging me around a shoe shop at the time...

And you guys are right, Broot really does get all the love as far as Gestalts go.
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437286)
Posted by Rated X on November 5th, 2012 @ 3:10pm CST
Got mine added to my pile of loot today. It's a shame they sacrficed Onslaughts all blue truck mode to give Bruticus a G1 accurate chest plate. Didnt they learn from energon Barricade that it makes the truck look dumb ? A new plug in chest plate would have been great since he has a big hole on his chest for an energon star. Also since this is an Asia exclusive, why didnt they remold the heads to be G1 accurate like the GDO Generations figures ?
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437287)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 5th, 2012 @ 3:13pm CST
Rated X wrote:Got mine added to my pile of loot today. It's a shame they sacrficed Onslaughts truck mode to give Bruticus a G1 accurate chest plate. A new plug in chest plate would have been great since he has a big hole on his chest for an energon star. Also since this is an Asia exclusive, why didnt they remold the heads to be G1 accurate like the GDO Generations figures ?

Hasbro did the retooling, but TakaraTomy doesn't as often. Consider this release TalaraTomy's take on Universe 2008/RotF Bruticus Maximus ;)
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437288)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 5th, 2012 @ 3:18pm CST
Rated X wrote:Also since this is an Asia exclusive, why didnt they remold the heads to be G1 accurate like the GDO Generations figures ?
Well, for one thing, this a Takara figure while the GDO figures were done by Hasbro.

And, technically, only some of the GDO figures had new headsculpts, and, in Swerve's particular case, his new head was one that already existed for the mold instead of having been newly-made for his new deco.
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437310)
Posted by Hotrodimust on November 5th, 2012 @ 3:44pm CST
Rated X wrote:

I just sold my FP superion add on with the rotf set for $80 but last year I could have gotten almost $200. And the reason I sold it is because I am getting Uranus but until a bigger better 3rd party brut comes out I'm keeping my FP rotf version.
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437331)
Posted by RhA on November 5th, 2012 @ 4:45pm CST
All I see is Superlink Bruticus in a boring pyama.
Re: Transformers United Bruticus Reissue In-Package Images (1437507)
Posted by Anonymous on November 6th, 2012 @ 3:33am CST
Meh. An easy pass for me

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Kit & Parts By Hasbro Ultimate Class E1:01 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Deluxe Lot. Crosshairs and Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Loyal Subjects Optimus Prime Action Figure Funko Pop Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Shrapnel insecticon in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 ramjet Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Sideswipe Autobot 84 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Thrust Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Construct-Bots Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron Construction Set" on EBAY