Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode?

Transformers News: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode?

Thursday, October 14th, 2010 7:07PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 77,723

The rumored pile driver arm mode has possibly been shared in a very small blurry picture of an unpainted prototype of the Frenzy/Rumble United/Generations mold.

BassX0 of the Allspark has shared the image with the fandom. Of course, the size and blurriness still leave a lot to be debated.

Is this the pile driver mode of Frenzy/Rumble? Discuss.
Credit(s): Bass X0 Allspark
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135850)
Posted by Malicron on October 14th, 2010 @ 7:15pm CDT
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135854)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 14th, 2010 @ 7:24pm CDT
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135855)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 14th, 2010 @ 7:27pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:I say its just a miss-transformation being passed off as a "third mode". And just an observation but shouldnt the title be Rumble/Frenzy to try and avoid the argument as much as possible?

Nope that makes it too long. FIRRIB, RIRFIB needs to just relax about this whole thing.
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135856)
Posted by Megazarak on October 14th, 2010 @ 7:29pm CDT
I don't know, a few of the pieces don't seem to match up. At the same time though, some things do look as they should. Assuming the blue figure is Rumble, maybe this is Frenzy who has been remolded slightly from his counterpart (if they were to combine into a single tank, it would make sense for them to be a little different). It certainly is possible, but until we see more clear pics it would be hard to be 100% sure either way.
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135857)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 14th, 2010 @ 7:29pm CDT
Malicron wrote:I'm sorry, but I've seen pictures of Bigfoot tap dancing with the Chupacabra that were clearer than this. I'm not even sure it's a transformer none the less Frenzy.

Another source very close to us here on staff, has also seen the third mode, and says that is an image of what was seen.

Sure it's not very clear, but it looks like it is possible.
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135859)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 14th, 2010 @ 7:33pm CDT
Looks like it could be official or a mis-transformation/'fan-mode'. Either way, looks good enough to me!
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135863)
Posted by adamassc on October 14th, 2010 @ 7:39pm CDT
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135890)
Posted by Flashwave on October 14th, 2010 @ 8:38pm CDT

Because Wayward said it best.
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135899)
Posted by Liftgate on October 14th, 2010 @ 9:05pm CDT
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135916)
Posted by 0ptimus Prime on October 14th, 2010 @ 9:53pm CDT
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135917)
Posted by DevastaTTor on October 14th, 2010 @ 9:54pm CDT
Based on the fact that with this line, most of the speculation and "fuzzy images" turn out to be legit, I believe this probably is the pile driver mode for these two. Perfectly formed, round pile drivers are wishful thinking at this point.
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135920)
Posted by DevastaTTor on October 14th, 2010 @ 9:57pm CDT
0ptimus Prime wrote:I'm suddenly even happier I jumped on the BBTS 15% off sale and got the Shadow Warrior Two-Pack. I may still get these, but similar to the Fans Project Springer, I think third-party products win out on this round as well. :BOT:

I'm fairly certain the United/Generations versions for F/R will win out by virtue of the cost to quality ratio. Even on sale, the Perfect Effect versions are too expensive given the known quality problems. They're tiny too.
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135929)
Posted by Sky-Quake on October 14th, 2010 @ 10:38pm CDT
and I thought cloverfield was blurry and hard to make out
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135946)
Posted by 0ptimus Prime on October 15th, 2010 @ 12:07am CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:

It's honestly way to early to say. 1.I haven't received the PE versions yet so I can't really give an honest opinion of them. 2.These pics of the Hasbro/Takara versions are pretty horrible to where they could make an actually great looking figure look really bad. If that ends up being the case, I'm sure I'll get them too. Either way, I don't know if a tank OR guns are really that great of an altmode for R&F.
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135947)
Posted by Droptested Thrice on October 15th, 2010 @ 12:22am CDT
adamassc wrote:since current status has this guy being Frenzy, he doesn't need to have Piledrivers. Only Rumble needs them. Hopefully this is a mistransformation and Rumble will be retooled to have proper piledrivers.

Both Rumble and Frenzy used piledrivers in the cartoon.

Let's see if the toy bios for these guys use different names for these weapons (piledrivers and sonic hammers?). It's been done before with other repaints.
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135953)
Posted by Valandar on October 15th, 2010 @ 12:56am CDT
Flashwave wrote:something IS off, the back cannons are wider than the colored pic of what's-his-face. Still, a mis-transfomration to the back doesn't have to mean anything. There are hinges on the side of colored guy's arms(Rumble would be correct) that could fold over. And it loooks like his hnds may pivot out of the way. [/url]

Looks like part of the treads end up on the back in "normal" mode, and then the arms fold out on those back pieces and fit together with the treads to form the piledrivers - thus the canons being on the outside of the shoulders like that instead of the inside.
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1135992)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 15th, 2010 @ 5:03am CDT
Although I'm probably Rumble's (FIRRIB I SAY, FIRRIB!!!) biggest fan, and have hopes as high as heaven he'll have pile drivers, I doubt these are it. First off, looks more like his arms are transformed into his tank treads. Second off, too blurry to view (let the slaughter on me begin), so my hypothesis on his arms may be completely wrong, and finally... ok, there isn't a "finally", but you get the idea. :wink: ;;) :lol:
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1136015)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 15th, 2010 @ 7:22am CDT
I think someone forgot to transform the tank sides into his arms.
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1136024)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 15th, 2010 @ 7:52am CDT
Liftgate wrote:How the hell to you even CREATE an image this bad?????? The very first digital cameras wern't even this poor, I just don't understand. No, I do - It was done intentionally.

Or an image that was meant to be very small was enlarged and had low res to begin with...
Re: Transformers United / Generations Rumble Pile Driver Mode? (1136027)
Posted by Rated X on October 15th, 2010 @ 8:17am CDT
looks pretty crappy.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
"Afterthoughts"
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Leader Class Rodimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Cyber Battalion Prowl Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "ALPHA TRION, Cybertronian Sage: Transformers TCG Wave 3 1/48 - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal The Shield Special Ops Jazz RTS Not Complete Preowned" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Jazz - Fall Of Cybertron With Weapon Preowned" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Deluxe Sideswipe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hot Rod G1 Robot Car Retro Vintage Reissue Hotrod Walmart Exclusive" on EBAY