Transformers United Grapple Images

Transformers United Grapple Images

Friday, January 28th, 2011 3:41pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: RodimusConvoy13   Views: 48,158

Alfes 2010 has already given us some fantastic images of MasterPiece Rodimus Prime. He has also updated his blog with images of Transformers United Grapple. There are some very nice comparison shots with Henkei Inferno and G1 Grapple. You can see that besides a different head Grapple also has different forearms and hands compared to Inferno. Check out all of the images here. Thanks Alfes!!

Credit(s): Alfes 2010

Re: Transformers United Grapple Images (1174925)
Posted by Tigertrack on January 28th, 2011 @ 4:34pm CST
I hope to pick this up in a sale at some point. I like it, but not enough to pay full import price. Sorry BBTS.
Re: Transformers United Grapple Images (1174929)
Posted by Amelie on January 28th, 2011 @ 4:39pm CST
Everytime I look at the Inferno mold it screams "turn me into RID Prime, PLEASE"

Also, the United Grapple is far, far too yellow. The Hasbro black head breaks the block-colours up nicely.
Re: Transformers United Grapple Images (1174946)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on January 28th, 2011 @ 4:56pm CST
Wait, so no chromed bits after all? That makes it tempting. I'd love to get some of these United Figures over RtS, because I prefer the painted logos over the rub sign, but the prices just don't do it for me, and I've never been a fan of the chrome, especially when it looks like it's there just for the sake of being there.
Re: Transformers United Grapple Images (1174973)
Posted by Stormrider on January 28th, 2011 @ 5:40pm CST
What the heck is going on? No chrome? And a crappy paint job especially the head (I can see the black head under the yellow paint). The toy image on the box (front and back shows a chromed hook). What's up with that?

This may be the first Takara figure in the series that I pass.
Re: Transformers United Grapple Images (1174976)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 28th, 2011 @ 5:46pm CST

Now all we need is for some 3rd party to manufacture a hook add-on that simply slips over the existing hook like a freakin' sock and charge $19.99 for it. -sigh- I personally still dig his head but damn it Takara c'mon!!! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers United Grapple Images (1174997)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 28th, 2011 @ 7:00pm CST
Nemesis Destron wrote:Yeah I get it price, price, cost, cost!! Can we all just lay off the obvious just a bit? Let's talk about the real BS at hand starting with no chrome on the hook! Seriously, the main damn thing that separated Hasbro from Takara was the gundam hook. Now they pull this last minute BS and think it's ok....hell no! :-x Someone please remind me of the other missing paint apps. Will I still pick this up, yes but I'm not very happy.

Solution: silver Sharpie. 8)
Re: Transformers United Grapple Images (1175016)
Posted by dragons on January 28th, 2011 @ 8:38pm CST
:KREMZEEK:

i agree with you comment but every once in while i would like to see takara/hasbro combo paintjob of hasbro with logo, or logo with paint job of takara thats nice fantasy.

hasbro looks better not alot of yellow but if i could get them for same price that where getting hasbro version in us i buy takara & hasbro verison & swap heads :lol:
Re: Transformers United Grapple Images (1175055)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 29th, 2011 @ 12:22am CST
Only thing I like better about this figure than the Hasbro version is the Autobot symbol.
Re: Transformers United Grapple Images (1175101)
Posted by Tigertrack on January 29th, 2011 @ 6:26am CST
Interesting choice for the picture on the back. Links it to HASBRO's solar flare Grappel name, which I suppose is in reference to Grap's big G1 episode where he and Hoist created the Solar Collector deal with the Constructicons.

I really wish his fist was closed like Infereno. Then you could put the GOW Infereno cannon on his hand to give him some sort of weapon.*

*just flipped through the picks again and he does have the ability to make fists. Cool. NO I can try it.*
Re: Transformers United Grapple Images (1175216)
Posted by Delicon on January 29th, 2011 @ 1:17pm CST
I was already likely to opt for the US release due to pricing but after seeing this, I think that the US version might be better period. I like having choices, though.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #284 - Welcome to 2010
"Welcome to 2010"
Posted: Sunday, September 12th, 2021

Buy "Doujinshi Transformers Tailgate main anthology (B5 130pages) LOVELY MASCOT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Brunt , Ships Fast" on EBAY
Buy "2019 Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Aimless Battle Masters Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise War for Cybertron Soundbarrier Battlemaster WFC-E1 New" on EBAY
Buy "2018 Transformers G1 Autobot Minibot Tailgate ReIssue WalMart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Battle Master - Slitherfang" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS POWER OF THE PRIMES ALPHA TRION MASTER OPEN W/BUBBLE & CARD" on EBAY