Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction

Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction

Tuesday, April 22nd, 2008 12:02pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News, Auctions
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 39,111

Yes, yes, I'm sure you're thinking to yourself, "Didn't we already have a Legends size Starscream using the Cybertron Starscream style, and hasn't that already been repainted at least 3 times?"

The answer is yes, but in an odd twist of Transformer's karma, the Cybertron Thundercracker Legends mold has been repainted as Universe Starscream (Legend size).

You can check out the auction here showing Starscream in his packaging.

At this point, Universe Legend Starscream joins only Universe Legends Red Alert (a repainted Cybertron Legend Hot Shot) and Onslaught (Cybertron Legend CDT Red Alert) as others we have seen so far.

You can view the Toy Fair 2008 galleries here featuring more pictures of ALL the CLASSICS/UNIVERSE toys that will be available this Fall!

Credit(s): Ebay seller hardcoretf

Re: Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction (685818)
Posted by First Gen on April 22nd, 2008 @ 12:12pm CDT
While I'll admit i like the color deco on this, I doubt I will be getting it. I know Legends are today's minibots, but minibots should be minibots ie bumblebee, cosmos, huffer. Not smaller versions of bigger bots. Thats just one mans opinion.
Re: Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction (685821)
Posted by astig on April 22nd, 2008 @ 12:20pm CDT
cool.....they should also make skywarp to complete the trio..but then again, it'll be another repaint.

i like them legends class, but i think hasbro should at least give them a new mold, a decent look and fair articulation. :-?
Re: Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction (685823)
Posted by rhinox555 on April 22nd, 2008 @ 12:22pm CDT
@ first poster:Nah you got that wrong,they´re more like "smallest tf".
Re: Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction (685826)
Posted by Nekoman on April 22nd, 2008 @ 12:23pm CDT
Re: Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction (685828)
Posted by DISCHARGE on April 22nd, 2008 @ 12:27pm CDT
rhinox555 wrote:@ first poster:Nah you got that wrong,they´re more like "smallest tf".

I think they are more in line with Spychangers than WST. Oh well.

I saw this yesterday, I should have posted it.

Nekoman wrote:Maybe they’ll repaint him into Skywarp and then we could have “a full set” of classics seekers. :lol:

I hope so too.
Re: Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction (685830)
Posted by First Gen on April 22nd, 2008 @ 12:30pm CDT
Re: Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction (685837)
Posted by ponycorn on April 22nd, 2008 @ 12:36pm CDT
I'll probably pick it up if I see it, even though Screamer never looked like that, I'm a sucker for Cybertron Cracker. I second the want for a legends Cybertron repaint for Skywarp.

This will most likely come to one of my two local KB Toys stores. I picked up Legends Excillion, Galaxy Convoy, and Soundwave last weekend. I wish I had more KB Toys locally to check.

Did anyone score those Airiealbots in similar packaging at KB Toys? I finally collected all to form Superion. Hidden gem, that place, I have to keep checking every week or so.
Re: Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction (685847)
Posted by Defcon! on April 22nd, 2008 @ 12:40pm CDT
Never really got into the legend figs. but it looks pretty cool. :D
Re: Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction (685849)
Posted by ponycorn on April 22nd, 2008 @ 12:43pm CDT
First Gen wrote:Seriously, I gotta know, what with the "Whole set of seekers" thing going on? HASBRO can release repaints til the cows come home, it wouldn't matter. What about Dirge, Thrust, Ramjet and Sunstorm? Those guys were seekers. You'd need them too for a "complete set". I just dont get it.

It's all about the Fly Boys* the three main Seekers.

For instance, I have Masterpiece Starscream, and want to get MP Skywarp, and want there to be an MP Thundercracker to get him too.

*per All Hail
Re: Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction (685857)
Posted by Hard Hacker on April 22nd, 2008 @ 12:47pm CDT
This is the second time this had happened (Thundercraker mould redecorated into Starscream that is). How quaint.

If I have loose change, I'll pick this up anywhere, I like the Legends class. Small and handy.
Re: Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction (685865)
Posted by Kryptikore on April 22nd, 2008 @ 12:56pm CDT
Man that's garbage! It looks just like those crap molds for Cybertron Thundercracker and Skywarp! The paint doesn't look to bad, but you won't know how good it is until in hand.
Re: Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction (685868)
Posted by Dagon on April 22nd, 2008 @ 12:57pm CDT
Ok, I'll be odd man out.

I hate the Legends class. Sure, they're cheap. Sure, they're small. Sure, insert whatever positive commentary you want. But realistically, we don't really need these figures, let alone repaints. Why do we need 3-4 Cyb Thundercracker Legend repaints, really? Legends figures need more details and articulation? I thought that was called a regular sized figure, myself. If I buy a 2 inch toy, I should probably know that it won't have much articulation and/or detailing. Just like if I bought a Fort Max, I wouldn't expect it to fit in a small box in my closet. Sure, this is a nice looking mold, and I've futzed with a LoC Thundercracker before and fine, great, good. But man, how many more Legends figures do we honestly need?

Tell you what Legends fans, when Universe gets released to stores, you leave me the Deluxe and larger figures, I promise not to buy a single Legend figure. You can have them all. :D
Re: Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction (685924)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on April 22nd, 2008 @ 2:16pm CDT
That's a surprisingly good looking toy.
Re: Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction (685942)
Posted by Anonymous on April 22nd, 2008 @ 2:34pm CDT
I think they need to recolor the cybertron deluxe t-cracker that way. id buy it
Re: Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction (686074)
Posted by dragons on April 22nd, 2008 @ 4:55pm CDT
its good loking figure but im no fan of legends class
Re: Transformers Universe Legends Starscream Auction (686168)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 22nd, 2008 @ 9:19pm CDT
Well, that saves me a bit of time and trouble. I had picked up extra Legends class Thundercrackers beofre they went out of circulation so I could do repaints of the original seekers since I found the original paintjobs insults to the namesakes they were attached to.
(I also did the same with the Cybertron Clasics versions and bought extra Starscreams and Sunstorms to repaint)
I'll step up and defend the Legends size figures on 2 points.
1) For those of us with limited funds they are a great way to continue the hobby that we love (collecting Tramsformers) without neglecting the stuff that we actually need like food, gas, clothing shelter etc. and...
2) For those of us with limited space, like myself, we can actually display more figures without overcrowding. Over 80% of my TF collection is in storage right now till I can move back into larger accomodations but you better believe that I have all but 2 of the Legends figures released thus far, and all within arms reach as I type this. My Fort Max and Unicron? Storage!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers DOUBLE PUNCH Botcon Japan Exclusive The Evil Predacon Limited" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Soundblaster Black 35th Anniversary Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Garbage Truck Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2005 BotCon Decent Into Darkness Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLADES (Shark Sub Variant), Rare Shark Sub Capture 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wheelie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SLUGSLINGER w/ Caliburst 2017 Figure MOSC in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Gigapower GP HQ-04 Graviter (METALLIC) Transformers Sludge Complete, Re-boxed" on EBAY