Transformers Universe RID Bruticus bio on HTS!

Transformers Universe RID Bruticus bio on HTS!

Friday, October 24th, 2008 10:41am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables, Store News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 21,074

HasbroToyshop.com has the upcoming Universe RID Bruticus bio up! The product is labeld as coming soon.
Read the bio of the Robots in Disguise character by clicking here or just by scrolling down.

{L_IMAGE}

With three slobbering, ferocious heads, and only one brain to split between them all, PREDACON BRUTICUS is a perfect dungeon guard. Short-tempered, brutal, and unimaginative, he takes his job of guarding AUTOBOT prisoners very seriously. MEGATRON doesn’t trust him to do anything beyond serve as a guard, but he is content in the dark, stinking dungeons beneath the PREDACON leader’s headquarters. As long as he has a full complement of prisoners to look after and a steady supply of energy, PREDACON BRUTICUS is happy.

stay tunned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news.

Credit(s): HasbroToyShop.com

This article was last modified on Thursday, October 30th, 2008 11:29am CDT

Re: Transformers Universe RID Bruticus bio on HTS! (821064)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 24th, 2008 @ 11:26am CDT
It's TM2 Megatron for my Classics Beast Wars series.

I don't care what the box or bio says. :)
Re: Transformers Universe RID Bruticus bio on HTS! (821071)
Posted by WolfDawg on October 24th, 2008 @ 11:38am CDT

Still, with a few more red paint aps, this guy is a very fitting TM2 Megatron.
Re: Transformers Universe RID Bruticus bio on HTS! (821097)
Posted by Overcracker on October 24th, 2008 @ 12:17pm CDT
WolfDawg wrote:You know...now that you mention it, he does make for a pretty nifty TM2 Megs. I still wish Hasbro woulda released the original Universe TM2 Megatron that was a repaint/remold of RID Gigatron.

Still, with a few more red paint aps, this guy is a very fitting TM2 Megatron.

Corrected...

However I would sell CP's spleen to have Hasbro re-release Car-Robots Gigatron in any color Scheme.

My White Galvatron is getting very loose now. A new minty fresh version in deep arterial red would be so cool.

Still the Cyb Scourge mold in these colors does somewhat give off a Megs vibe.
Re: Transformers Universe RID Bruticus bio on HTS! (821099)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 24th, 2008 @ 12:23pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:

Still, with a few more red paint aps, this guy is a very fitting TM2 Megatron.

I'm sorry, but no. TM2 Megatron was not a repaint of Car Robots Gigatron.

Read closer. He meant the TM2 Megatron character, not the toy. He was planned as remold of RiD Megatron as a Universe BotCon exclusive, with a new robot head and possibly new dragon heads. He'd even come with a rubber ducky! It never got past the planning stage tho.

I'm still getting him, even if I have Flame Convoy and Cryo Scourge. I'm a dragon lover ;)
Re: Transformers Universe RID Bruticus bio on HTS! (821115)
Posted by Gutter Bunny on October 24th, 2008 @ 12:45pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Overcracker wrote:

Still, with a few more red paint aps, this guy is a very fitting TM2 Megatron.

I'm sorry, but no. TM2 Megatron was not a repaint of Car Robots Gigatron.

rubber ducky?

I missed RID, so i'm compelled to believe that i am missing the joke here...
Re: Transformers Universe RID Bruticus bio on HTS! (821120)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 24th, 2008 @ 12:52pm CDT
Gutter Bunny wrote:rubber ducky?

I missed RID, so i'm compelled to believe that i am missing the joke here...

When BW Megatron took a bath in the TV Show, he had a rubber ducky :P
Re: Transformers Universe RID Bruticus bio on HTS! (821123)
Posted by WolfDawg on October 24th, 2008 @ 1:00pm CDT

My memory is fuzzy at the moment...
Re: Transformers Universe RID Bruticus bio on HTS! (821143)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 24th, 2008 @ 1:28pm CDT
WolfDawg wrote:Thanks for catching that Jezel. Now that I think of it though, wasn't that Botcon Megatron put to a halt because they used the RID Gigatron mold for Deathsaurus?

My memory is fuzzy at the moment...

It had more to do with change of management. After the many botch-ups of OTFCC 04 (Think Sentinel Maximus) 3H Enterprises lost the license for hosting Transformers conventions completely. It went to Fun Publications in co-operation with Hasbro. As a consequence, the toys planned for the next year were shelved. Only one made it to the painted prototype stage: Hot Spot/Defensor as a remold of RiD Optimus Prime.
Re: Transformers Universe RID Bruticus bio on HTS! (821153)
Posted by WolfDawg on October 24th, 2008 @ 1:51pm CDT
Ah yes. I remember that Hotspot/Defensor Prototype...very awesome. It's a shame they were never produced.
Re: Transformers Universe RID Bruticus bio on HTS! (821180)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 24th, 2008 @ 2:51pm CDT
I can SO see this guy guarding the Megastar at first, and then later decide to join in the fight against the Autobots. But there'd need to be some reason why he would change his body from a Cerberus into a dragon.
Re: Transformers Universe RID Bruticus bio on HTS! (821208)
Posted by Cheetron on October 24th, 2008 @ 4:10pm CDT
I like the paint scheme but I really never cared for the figure itself.
Re: Transformers Universe RID Bruticus bio on HTS! (821296)
Posted by Zeds on October 24th, 2008 @ 5:38pm CDT
Pass!
Re: Transformers Universe RID Bruticus bio on HTS! (821372)
Posted by ponycorn on October 24th, 2008 @ 7:32pm CDT
Poor Flame Convoy!

The repaint of the figure and of course tv Cyberton mold both look great but I won't spend too long looking at the box back before filing that shameful slag away.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY