Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan

Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan

Tuesday, May 27th, 2008 7:45am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 19,971

The Transformers Universe series rolls into Japan with special edition colors. FantoFan has pictures and pre-orders available for Powerglide, Onslaught, and Silverbolt.

Each will feature a different color variation from the U.S.A. versions, which will be more cartoon accurate. The most notable color change is Powerglide's red fuselage. These figures will be released October 2nd.

It is unclear at this time how these figures will be packaged or labeled. Some previous USA releases in Japan have come in U.S. packaging.

Click here to see the original posts.

Credit(s): FantoFan

Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (708950)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 27th, 2008 @ 7:47am CDT
I will DEFINITELY be getting the Henkei Powerglide. As for Onslaught and Silverbolt, looks like I can stick with Hasbro for these two. Man, I am really loving the red PG though. Looks soo much better then the plain white IMO.
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (708951)
Posted by TFBuyer on May 27th, 2008 @ 7:48am CDT
Shoot, I may have to get THAT Powerglide over the US release! Very accurate! The Silverbolt looks pretty good, too, but I don't think Onslaught is different enough to warrant overseas purchase..
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (708952)
Posted by olokin on May 27th, 2008 @ 7:48am CDT
Man those Ultras look great but I could less electronics.
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (708953)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 27th, 2008 @ 7:55am CDT
Sweet! Powerglide rocks! Looks like American Powerglide is going to stand next to his Japanese cousin on my shelf! :grin: :grin:
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (708955)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 27th, 2008 @ 8:01am CDT
See, now THESE are "far superior" than what Hasbro is offering.

I'll be importing PowerGlide, I'm not so sure about the other 2 yet, but they do look real good.
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (708956)
Posted by Stormrider on May 27th, 2008 @ 8:02am CDT
The red repaint of Powerglide was inevitable. I am starting to think that Hasbro purposely puts out crappy colors the first time around, so they can sucker people in for a repaint. I wouldn't be surprised if a red Powerglide gets released in the U.S. later.

What is the difference with Silverbolt? It appears as though the jet is whiter and his torso colors are less burgandy. I wonder if Silverbolt's class size was a mistake earlier because he costs the same as the other two.
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (708963)
Posted by Dagon on May 27th, 2008 @ 8:14am CDT
White Powerglide doesn't bother me. The red looks a little nicer and is truer to the G1 figure, but I just like the looks of the figure in general, so I'm buying the Hasbro one. If its really good, then maybe I'll spring for the red Takara one. We'll see.
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (708967)
Posted by Rijie on May 27th, 2008 @ 8:17am CDT
Yup...looks like I'll be importing these.
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (708968)
Posted by Sledge on May 27th, 2008 @ 8:25am CDT
Oooh, red. Gonna have to seriously think about Powerglide. Not in the slightest bothered about the other two, not an improvement over the Hasbro versions, just slightly different.
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (708975)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 27th, 2008 @ 8:31am CDT
I just preordered the US versions from HasbroToyShop. I like how the red Powerglide is old-school, but I think the white & red is better looking. I like the US version of Onslaught better, too. Silberbolt, I don't care for at all, but I've never been a fan of the jet alts.
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (708978)
Posted by Tekka on May 27th, 2008 @ 8:41am CDT
Even with the new colours I still don't want a massive Powerglide. Storm Cloud for me if you please.
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (708986)
Posted by rpetras on May 27th, 2008 @ 9:05am CDT
I'll definitely be importing the Powerglide, I'm not a fan of the white version.

The other 2 are just fine in their US released colors for me.

I do wonder if the Brothers Hassenfeld will be releasing him in a red version later. The Brothers do loves dem some repaints!
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (709002)
Posted by decepticonjon on May 27th, 2008 @ 9:41am CDT
after seeing that one, why would they make a white powerglide?
what dope does hasbro smoke, cuz it must be pretty good.
i'll take a red powerglide and a bag off hasbro dope please.
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (709003)
Posted by Sledge on May 27th, 2008 @ 9:42am CDT
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (709011)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 27th, 2008 @ 9:54am CDT
Looks like all the people who whined about Powerglide not being totally red are going to be very happy.

I'll be getting the Hasbro versions, but I'll probably pick up a red Powerglide too.
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (709031)
Posted by Solrac333 on May 27th, 2008 @ 10:15am CDT
I don't see why Hasbro just doesn't want to paint them right. Powerglide is red. Maybe they base their colors on animation errors. I'll be getting Japan's version.
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (709037)
Posted by The Chronic on May 27th, 2008 @ 10:24am CDT
Sledge wrote:You know, for perfect cartoon accuracy, you're going to have to buy both anyway, then switch the arms and thighs over. *sigh* It's a hard life being a G1 fanboi.

arrrrgg! now i have to do that!

i dont even like powerglide!

dont know about the other two probly get onslaught
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (709038)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 27th, 2008 @ 10:27am CDT
I really like the Silverbolt and Powerglide colors. I can't see much difference with Onslaught, but oooo, this really is a good thing.

Pre-orders for Henkei Powerglide will 'sore' as soon as they are posted.

Very nice changes.
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (709040)
Posted by Sledge on May 27th, 2008 @ 10:28am CDT
omega666 wrote:I don't see why Hasbro just doesn't want to paint them right.

Realism.
Re: Transformers Universe Special Edition - Japan (709045)
Posted by Nekoman on May 27th, 2008 @ 10:36am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:I can't see much difference with Onslaught, but oooo, this really is a good thing.

He’s gray instead of blue.

Of the three, I’ll only be getting Powerglide, and all of his repaints. This mold looks absolutely wonderful!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Autobot Sovereign Alpha Trion 7" Action Figure  Nib" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blitzwing + Headmaster Hazard Voyager class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BROADSIDE BLUNDERBUSS Generations Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Darkmoon & Astrotrain Titans Return Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations - Titans Return Hyperfire & Blurr (loose)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Blurr SEALED G1 LG-25 Takara Titans Return Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Barricade Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY