Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen

Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen

Sunday, May 15th, 2011 10:45am CDT

Categories: People News, Collectables
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 41,091

The publisher of the upcoming Transformers Vault, Abrams Books, has updated their website with a new an awesome new bit of information. The book will feature a foreword written by Peter Cullen. This book is scheduled for release on June 1st.

Authors: By Pablo Hidalgo; foreword by Peter Cullen
Imprint: Abrams Books
ISBN: 0-8109-9868-8
EAN: 9780810998681
Availability: Prepublication
Publishing Date: 6/1/2011
Trim Size: 10 3/4 x 9 1/4
Page Count: 160
Cover: Hardcover with slipcase
Illustrations: 250 color illustrations

About the book
For the first time ever, Transformers Vault reveals the complete story of the Transformers, everyone's favorite robots in disguise. Loaded with never-before-seen images, this book is a guide to the epic battle between the Autobots and Decepticons, as it began with toys and television, and continued to comics, film, games, and other media. There's something here for all generations, from classic toys that have become sought-after collectibles to the amazing, high-tech visuals of the three live-action films.

Hasbro has opened its official archives, gathering more than 250 images and several featured pieces of memorabilia. Look inside for a sheet of Generation One tech specs with a secret revealer, a rare pencil sketch from comics artist Casey Coller, an unseen character profile for Hot Rod from the 1986 film, an animation cel, and much more. Exclusive photos of Japanese Transformer prototypes, archival development art, and brand-new information about the future of the Transformers make this the ultimate package for every fan.

About the author
Pablo Hidalgo is the managing editor at StarWars.com and the author of G.I. Joe vs. Cobra: The Essential Guide. Peter Cullen provided the voice of Optimus Prime in the original Transformers TV series, the 1986 animated film, the new TV series Transformers: Prime, and all three live-action films to date.

Credit(s): Abrams Books

This article was last modified on Sunday, May 15th, 2011 10:53am CDT

Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1222477)
Posted by OlivusPrime on May 15th, 2011 @ 10:53am CDT
Definitely getting this. The fact that Peter Cullen has written a foreword shows how fond he is of the franchise and its fanbase. Or Hasbro paid him big bucks :lol:
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1222498)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 15th, 2011 @ 11:20am CDT
If it's at BotCon, I'll flip through it. But I don't know if it's worth buying. I doubt it will have very much "new" material in it. And anything it does have worth reading will probably be on the wiki soon after it's release.
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1222552)
Posted by Fortress Rodimus on May 15th, 2011 @ 1:17pm CDT
Ordered this two weeks ago and cannot wait until i get this in the mail. :grin:
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1226996)
Posted by El Duque on May 22nd, 2011 @ 10:50pm CDT
While it's become commonplace to get video reviews of upcoming figures it's not everyday we get a video review of a book! Abrams Books the publisher of the soon to be released Transformers Vault: The Complete Transformers Universe has uploaded a video to their YouTube account that shows off some of the goodies that we can look forward to when the book releases on June 1st! Check out the video below.

Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1227001)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 22nd, 2011 @ 10:57pm CDT
Holy crap. I want that.
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1227009)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on May 22nd, 2011 @ 11:19pm CDT
SO MUCH WIN. Definitely gonna pick this up when I have a chance.
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1227022)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 23rd, 2011 @ 12:46am CDT
That was a short review, but I'm still planning on getting that.
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1227024)
Posted by Seibertron on May 23rd, 2011 @ 12:56am CDT
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1227026)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on May 23rd, 2011 @ 1:06am CDT

On a different note, now that the third movie is almost out, are the odds any better that we might see a movieverse concept art collection? I for one love the intricate designs of the movie transformers but I would live to see some of the scrapped designs as well as location designs (ala cybertron, the nemesis, the ark). Books like this are available for the star wars movies and I think they would be great for these movies as well.
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1227098)
Posted by Cyberstrike on May 23rd, 2011 @ 8:36am CDT
I ordered mine through my local comic book store. I hope the store ordered it.
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1227106)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on May 23rd, 2011 @ 9:00am CDT
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:Looking forward to this a lot, I love love love behind the scenes material and I'm really thrilled to read more about the franchise.

Seconded. :)
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1227282)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 23rd, 2011 @ 4:09pm CDT
what a waste of money.

my ultimute guide to the transformers, generations deluxe and genesis books will be fine thanks.
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1227344)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on May 23rd, 2011 @ 5:54pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Got my shipping notification from Amazon today for this. Hopefully it'll be here in the next few days. :D

Mine as well! Had this bad boy preordered since it was announced :grin:
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1227643)
Posted by SJ21 on May 24th, 2011 @ 10:42am CDT
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1227646)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2011 @ 10:49am CDT
SJ21 wrote:I didn't order this one, but I am curious about how it is. Anyone get theirs yet?
It's not out yet.
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1229122)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on May 26th, 2011 @ 7:36pm CDT
Just got my copy today, Its a pretty impressive book! the little pull out extras provide a unique touch that I really enjoy.

I have only read the first quarter of the book so far, but have enjoyed what I have read so far. I know alot of what it contains has been printed in other books in the past but nothing is wrong with an updated collection.
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1229384)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 27th, 2011 @ 8:09am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
It's not out yet.

I got mine yesterday.

It's really cool.

Where it beats previous attempts at this is by including interesting things like, animation cells, original (repro) product catalogs, movie tickets, etc.

For $25 ... there are few reasons to pass on it.
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1229441)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 27th, 2011 @ 9:45am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
It's not out yet.

I got mine yesterday.

It's really cool.

For $25 ... there are few reasons to pass on it.
And now it is out. ;)
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1614973)
Posted by SeanoptimusPrime on October 18th, 2014 @ 6:15pm CDT
I've been browsing this book for a few weeks now, and I have to say, I'm both impressed and disappointed.

Generally speaking, I loved the G1 series and animated movie (favorite toys and cartoon from childhood)... didn't like the headmasters, thought the beastmasters animated series was so poorly animated that I couldn't even watch it, and absolutely loathe Michael Bay's movies. But then I found the Transformers Prime animated series and got back into it.

What I like about this book, is the detailed research that was done about the history of the toys, comics and videos. What I don't like about the book, is how painfully obvious it becomes that the author isn't a fan. He's just stating facts and showing pictures. I mean, 1/2 page on Transformers Prime, are you JOKING?! He goes on and on about Beastmasters and Michael Bay's awful movies, though.

I'm curious to hear what you all think.
Re: Transformers Vault to Feature Foreword by Peter Cullen (1615014)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 19th, 2014 @ 6:03am CDT
SeanoptimusPrime wrote:I mean, 1/2 page on Transformers Prime, are you JOKING?!
You do realize that this book came out BEFORE Transformers: Prime did, right?

And what is "Beastmasters"? There's not Transformers series called that.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY