Transformers News: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen

Sunday, January 5th, 2020 10:02am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 32,173

Thanks to Seibertronians aronjlove, Nemesis Primal, and Awesomepow, we have news that even more listings have showed up in the Walmart database, indicating that we have a slew of Earthwise figures itching to be revealed.

The listings include a deluxe Alicon, indicating that this really could be the year of the Quintessons, as we have Cyberverse and Generations Quintessons coming in multiple forms, as well as their minions. the 2nd character on the listings is Airwave, which is a new character that will most likely be based on the Airport Micromaster station from Generation 1, in a manner similar to Ironworks. The 3rd listing is a new deluxe Arcee figure; as to which Arcee this will be, whether using the Power of the Primes Moonracer mold, the Siege Chromia mold, or a new mold is yet to be determined. The final listing is for Smokescreen; while we did get a Smokescreen in selects in Siege, we could see a more Earth mode related alternate mode for Generation 1 Smokescreen, or it could be a left field Armada Smokescreen.

The listings can be found below from Walmart. We can assume that we will get a full look at the listed figures soon, as New York Comic Con is next month and last year we got a slew of reveals just prior to that show. Check out the listings, and let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

TRA GEN WFC E DELUXE Quintesson Alicon (EAN: 5010993648634)
TRA GEN WFC E DELUXE Airwave (EAN: 5010993648627)
TRA GEN WFC E DELUXE Arcee (EAN: 5010993648641)
TRA GEN WFC E DELUXE Smokescreen (EAN: 5010993648658)

Credit(s): Walmart.com

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048563)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on January 5th, 2020 @ 10:47am CST
Nice to see the Alicons finally get some acknowledgement, albeit 34 years after their debut.

I wonder what Earth-Based Altmode Arcee will have? Typically, 'Arcee-on-Earth' has been a motorbike. Otherwise to match the aesthetic of Earthrise, she would have to be downgraded from her classic design to an 80's vehicle of some description.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048564)
Posted by Skritz on January 5th, 2020 @ 10:53am CST
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048567)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 5th, 2020 @ 11:07am CST
Skritz wrote:I think Arcee might just be G1 Arcee done in Earthrise's style. given her altmode was already just some (by our standards of 2020) '80 retro-futuristic concept car. I also suspect Smokescreen could just be the 25th anniversary version getting re-released in Earthrise, Astrotrain style. Or it could be Armada Smokescreen as a Hoist retool (heh), meaning Trailbreaker could end up in Selects or as some store exclusive in typical Hasbro exclusivity douchery.

Wasn't Bluestreak the datsun bro who got released as a 35th Anniversary figure with Smokescreen as the Selects release?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048568)
Posted by ScottyP on January 5th, 2020 @ 11:13am CST
I read Airwave and Alicon too quickly and had a cool three seconds of hope for Aileron. That ship sailed though methinks.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048569)
Posted by aronjlove on January 5th, 2020 @ 11:28am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:

That is correct. Bluestreak is the silver street car looking one that came in the 35th Anniversary packaging while Smokescreen is the red/white/blue race car looking one that can be picked up through Hasbro Pulse. Highly recommend all of them if you like the mold, each has their own strengths and uniqueness.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048573)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 5th, 2020 @ 12:09pm CST
I am hoping we see an Arcee styled after Season 2 of RiD, with that Dodge Viper-esque alt mode.

also hoping for Armada Smokescreen to go with a hopeful Earthrise Megatron based on the same trilogy
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048575)
Posted by leokearon on January 5th, 2020 @ 12:23pm CST
I really hope Smokescreen is not the G1 version, I don't want Earthrise to have more Earth-mode versions of siege toys
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048576)
Posted by Awesomepow on January 5th, 2020 @ 12:31pm CST
I posted the Deluxe listings and UPCs earlier, but here's my actual opinion on them.

Alicon: Only one I will get, and because of that, I may even get two. Definetely a must have, looks like Earthrise is building up the Quintesson ranks. Additionally, I'll need the Cyberverse Sharkticons too.

Airwave: Another Modulator, meh. I won't get these because of my focus on G1 cartoon. Wonder if we will get an actual Micromaster rendition.

Arcee: Rumors say that this will be a new mold, which is good, but I don't need another Arcee.

Smokescreen: I still have to find Selects Smokescreen, and since I already have Siege Prowl and Siege Bluestreak, I'll stick with the Siege mold.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048579)
Posted by bluecatcinema on January 5th, 2020 @ 1:58pm CST
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048580)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 5th, 2020 @ 2:00pm CST
bluecatcinema wrote:An Alicon? Nice. Hopefully, this may mean we'll see an actual Quintesson at some point.

Well there is that rumour of the Voyager price point Quint still
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048585)
Posted by AlexisSkrull on January 5th, 2020 @ 3:38pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal: Nycc is in October, next month is Toy Fair. Just trying to help out.

Really excited for the Alicon.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048587)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 5th, 2020 @ 3:59pm CST
Crap, I got my conventions messed up,

Thanks for the heads up!
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048592)
Posted by ǝuoǝɥʇʎɹɐɔ on January 5th, 2020 @ 4:15pm CST
Wow it took 30 years to release a G1 Arcee and now we're possibly getting a third. I'm really happy with the T30 mold, so impress me Earthrise [-(

Smokescreen is troubling. I hope it's anything but another take on G1, mostly I hope it doesn't lead to another flood of Datsun bots.

Allicon sounds cool and interesting, I hope they scale well with my school of TR sharkticons. I'll have to look up the other one. Ah Airwave, another base bot, cool.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048596)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on January 5th, 2020 @ 4:38pm CST
I'm fine with my TR Arcee but if there was to be another Generations figure and it wasn't a new mold then I'd go with Moonracer over Chromia. I hate the Chromia mold. I'm really hoping for a completely new mold though or at least something that's not so limited to a previous design that it ends up worse that the original design. I do think that the old T30 mold really isn't all that good though and definitely needs an update. She still looks good but that's about it. I just don't seem to enjoy it that much as a Transformer or a toy in general. Which is odd as I have five out of six...seven color variants. I just don't have TL or Platinum as I didn't like either of them more than the standard T30 release.

More Micromaster bases please. Do them all. Even do some in larger scales based on the size of the original bases.

I'd be even more excited if the Alicon was CW based. I just love combiners and troopbuilder combiner limbs sound awesome. They can go against my army of Junkion limbs.

For Smokescreen, maybe it's G2 Smokescreen and they'll also make an Energon Starscream from it. An updated Armada Smokescreen would be great too. That figure sucks but I kept him because he's unique. I even have the Universe Battle in a Box redeco who at least looks better due to the colors.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048598)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on January 5th, 2020 @ 5:21pm CST
I'm glad we're finally getting a new Arcee (missed the last two myself), if that Smkoescreen is an earth mode datsun or an armada remake I'm in but not if it's a redeco of Hoist, and I'm all in on Airwave and Alicon.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048601)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on January 5th, 2020 @ 5:45pm CST
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048602)
Posted by Skritz on January 5th, 2020 @ 5:48pm CST
aronjlove wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

I keep mixing up Bluestreak and Smokescreen! The one with blue in the name is the silver one! :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048608)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on January 5th, 2020 @ 6:46pm CST
Skritz wrote:
aronjlove wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Except when his name has Silver in it or when they're both blue!
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048610)
Posted by aronjlove on January 5th, 2020 @ 7:22pm CST
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I just realized that technically, if Hasbro reshells Chromia like they reshelled AOE Drift to be TLK Drift, they might be able to get Arcee out of it... I seriously hope we get an Arcee that turns into a sports car like her IDW version, but that's wishful thinking. It'll probably just look like Arcee's usual car mode
This would be sweet.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Listings - Arcee, Airwave, Alicon, and Smokescreen (2048611)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on January 5th, 2020 @ 8:17pm CST
Did some digging around on the TFW boards to see if anything else happened after these listings popped up, and their resident leaker indirectly confirmed that Arcee WILL be a new mold.

They also stated there would be a Deluxe of an Autobot who just received a new figure in 2019 and was likely to be used as a base for a different figure, meaning Smokescreen is looking more and more likely to be a disappointment/waste of a slot/another Siege character repeat.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
"On a Boat"
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS AUTOBOT WHIRL 30TH ANNIVERSARY 2014 Sealed Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Class, Ratchet  (Exclusive)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AoE Drift Hasbro TF4 Age of Extinction Autobot Voyager Class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "G1 TRANSFORMERS 1985 HELICOPTER WHIRL PHOTON BEAM RIFLE GUN PART ACCESSORY GEN 1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Lot of 32 Arcee Roadbuster Chromia More" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Whirl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition AOE Silver Knight Optimus Prime Leader 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition AOE Silver Knight Optimus Prime Leader Class MISB" on EBAY