Tuesday, July 21st, 2020 3:18am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 25,617

Thanks to posts on Takara Tomy's Twitter account (which we were pointed towards by Seibertronian -WonkoTheSane-) we have two pieces of related news to share. First is a group shot of all the Wave 2 figures in the Siege Netflix line. This gives us a good look at Elita One-1 and Bumblebee, who, along with Soundwave, are the only heavily retooled figures in the line. Wonko has provided a translation of the accompanying Japanese text, which states that preorders for these figures should go up in Japan by the end of the month.

Over 27,000 followers /
Thanks to you, the number of followers has increased by 1000 from June, and has exceeded 27,000 Thank you!
Two new information will be released to commemorate! The first will be released sequentially from WFC series 09! !!
Some of them are scheduled to start reservations immediately from the end of this month!
"

Transformers News: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan

The second piece of news from Takara Tomy is the news that the Centurion Drone & Weapons Pack will be released in Japan, though no date has been set for preorders yet.

Over 27,000 followers /
The second new information is the release of the Earthrise series "Centurion Drone & Weaponizer"!
The reservation will start a little later, but please look forward to it!

Good news for Japanese fans, and a good first look at figures we'd only seen in renders until now. Which of these figures are you most looking forward to? Let us know in the comments below!

Credit(s): Takara Tomy Twitter

This article was last modified on Tuesday, July 21st, 2020 3:19am CDT

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2073117)
Posted by Dinobot4ever on July 21st, 2020 @ 12:05pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
PushYouDown wrote:I'm sorry but I'm confused....is this a NEW "spoiler" Leader class figure...or is just the Ultra Magnus set?

It's a new one, presumably a Decepticon of some variety judging by the packaging sporting the logo.

Give it a little time ... someone will have an advance of the figure and will spill the beans.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2073122)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on July 21st, 2020 @ 1:09pm CDT
Dinobot4ever wrote:Many are thinking it will be Shockwave. It is the "logical" option. ;) And he did show up in the trailers. What will be interesting is what else is in the box if it is indeed Shockwave. If it is largely a repack of Siege Shockwave, it will be a hard pass just like Magnus was for me. I even had the opportunity to pick him up at $35 and didn't do it.

Same...
I had Magnus (for $35), Netflix Megatron (for $39) and Decpeticon Mirage all in my shopping cart a few weeks back... Got halfway across the store, changed my mind, turned around and put all of them back.
I don't see any accessories or paint apps making this worth it.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2073151)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 21st, 2020 @ 3:58pm CDT
Good news for the Centurion Drone/weapons pack. Hopefully this means I can get it more affordably than from Pulse with their ridiculous shipping costs to Canada.

Too bad Bumblebee is for the Netflix line and therefore Walmart exclusive in North America, but at least the slot he'd take up I'm Earthrise can go to someone else.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2073531)
Posted by Ultra Mad on July 24th, 2020 @ 3:25pm CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2073557)
Posted by Deadput on July 24th, 2020 @ 8:35pm CDT
Ultra Mad wrote:I wonder if it's going to be easier to buy the Centurion set from Japan then finding him in Canada? :-?

I thought Centurion was a pulse exclusive besides it's Japan release and thus not even coming to stores?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2073559)
Posted by Ultra Mad on July 24th, 2020 @ 8:42pm CDT
You're probably right. So yes, it will be easier to get it from Japan curiosly enough. Shipping costs are disgusting at Hasbro pulse.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2073566)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 24th, 2020 @ 11:11pm CDT
Canada-to-US shipping costs are likewise excessive. I suspect there's deliberate two-way obstructionism going on there, to discourage consumers in either country from buying goods from the immediately-neighboring one.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2073568)
Posted by william-james88 on July 24th, 2020 @ 11:32pm CDT
Deadput wrote:

Exclusives are only limited to the specific nation. Since Canada doesnt have Pulse, other stores can get their exclusives. Like for the G1 dino casette pack, it was Amazon that got it.

Centurion could be coming to Canada, we just don't which exclusive retailer will sell it.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2073794)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on July 26th, 2020 @ 9:29pm CDT
While I really like the look of both modes, I'm a bit on the fence, especially considering this was $40 I wasn't planning on spending. I'm leaning towards keeping him, but haven't opened him because I'm not totally sure yet.
Any thoughts or advice on whether I should take him back or not?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2073800)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 26th, 2020 @ 10:44pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:Well, I went out on a limb (for my collecting habits) and picked up Hotlink this evening...
Any thoughts or advice on whether I should take him back or not?
Depends on how well he fits into your collection and if you get enjoyment out of that seeker mold. Personally, I think he's a good looking figure, but I don't collect the seekers except for the OG 3, so I never got him for myself. I did pick him up for someone else and kept Heatstroke and Heartburn as the payment for my troubles, and I like them. But unless you like the seeker mold or you're a completionist, he's not high priority. I will say that I have seen group shots of all 8 Siege seekers together, and it's a sweet looking display. Some others also use Hotlink as Skywarp because he's so ridiculously expensive now, but you'd have to get past the color differences. If you're not a stickler for perfect accuracy, it works, especially in jet mode.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2073806)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on July 27th, 2020 @ 1:35am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Any thoughts or advice on whether I should take him back or not?

Makes sense... I may end up keeping him just because he'll be the only Siege seeker I have.
While I kinda wish he wasn't purple and as similar to Skywarp, I dig the color scheme, especially for a Decepticon. I'm not crazy about the Siege paint apps with "damage"; the fades, the gradations, splatters, etc., but I think in this case it's pretty well done. Definitely could be worse.
I wouldn't use or see him as a Skywarp replacement, and don't care to have a full Cybertronian seeker fleet anyway. I'll get all 6 seekers from ER and be really happy with that.
He'd be the one Netflix figure, and one of four from the Siege line that I have (although I almost don't consider 35th Anniversary cell-animated Prime and Megatron Siege figures)...
I don't see this being worth $40, which is a big, big factor for me, but other than SoundBlaster, this is one of the Siege figures that I like the most based on looks.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2074632)
Posted by william-james88 on August 2nd, 2020 @ 1:53pm CDT
For those who did not watch the show, we will reveal the biggest spoiler of the series before moving on, so you have been warned.

The infamous $50 Walmart exclusive Spoiler Pack had the words "spoilers inside" that referred to the Netflix series we had not seen yet and Hasbro had advised we only open it after watching the Netflix show. Now I see that the advice was sound. Not because it meant that we would spoil ourselves (which is probably what they meant) but because it would only make sense once we watched the show.

In the show, Ultra Magnus dies. It is a rather brutal death at the hands of Megatron and is what makes Jetfire switch sides.

Now that we know this, the toy's deco makes much more sense. For those who do not have the spoiler pack Ultra Magnus, the toy is made up of a lot of grey plastic with colour sprayed on. Many found the deco underwhelming as it didn't really look like battle damage. That's because it is not. It is Ultra Magnus having just been killed and his colour fading, making him become grey, just as Prime did in the original 86 film. Below is an image of the toy and you will see how that interpretation makes far more sense than anything else. The inclusion of rung, along with that pink colour scheme remains unexplained.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2074633)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on August 2nd, 2020 @ 1:56pm CDT
This seems very 2020, first a dead leader OP and now a dead leader UM.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2074635)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 2nd, 2020 @ 2:01pm CDT
I wonder if this revelation will make the figure more desirable.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2074636)
Posted by william-james88 on August 2nd, 2020 @ 2:18pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I wonder if this revelation will make the figure more desirable.

I think so. The figure now means something at least.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2074637)
Posted by starrhero on August 2nd, 2020 @ 2:30pm CDT
The inclusion of Rung in the spoiler pack just hit me.

He's the Alpha Trion protocols, or more specifically he's holographic representation of Alpha Trion bumblebee sees with the protocols.

It's really the only thing that makes sense, as Rung couldn't be anything else that I can think of.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2074638)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 2nd, 2020 @ 2:31pm CDT
The question becomes what of the second spoiler leader figure?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2074640)
Posted by StaceyK93 on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:04pm CDT
I think rung is corrupted from Shockwaves virus and his effect pieces is it spreading
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2074642)
Posted by sol magnus on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:15pm CDT
Of course, I think killing Ultra Magnus is the worst thing about the show, but they also killed Skywarp. While Ultra Magnus will live on on my shelf (that's what head canon is for), I just find some of the choices strange. Oddly, not Ultra Magnus so much, but definitely Skywarp.

Anyway, I enjoyed it overall. I did get to make a joke out of the spoiler, though. I knew what it was, but didn't tell.

The next spoiler pack should maybe get a little more credit once it hits.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Netflix Wave 2 and Centurion Drone Pack to be Released in Japan (2074643)
Posted by o.supreme on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:20pm CDT
Black Play-Doh still has no purpose

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Kre-O A6950 Scorn Street Chase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Computron! Scattershot strafe lightspeed afterburner nosecone" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TFSS 4.0 Spinster   Thunder Mayhem TFCC Targetmaster Subscription" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Hotrod, Cogman, Stinger lot" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Deluxe Crosshairs, C7 Corvette 2016 Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY