Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed

Wednesday, May 12th, 2010 2:50PM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 64,952

The official website for Transformers: War for Cybertron has unveiled three new charachters for the game today, those being Jetfire, Sideswipe and Thundercracker. To view the images from their site scroll down, or click here!

Transformers: War for Cybertron comes out on most major consoles June 22nd.
Credit(s): Dragonslayer

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073699)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 12th, 2010 @ 2:59pm CDT
I think Jetfire and Sideswipe both look good.

Thanks for newsing it!
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073700)
Posted by First-Aid on May 12th, 2010 @ 3:01pm CDT
That Jetfire alt mode reminds me a lot of the Titanium WWI figure...

41 days left until this one comes out. I can't flippin wait!
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073704)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on May 12th, 2010 @ 3:06pm CDT
I have to admit, I'm getting really excited about this game.

Bravo, Activision.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073706)
Posted by originaldave77 on May 12th, 2010 @ 3:08pm CDT
Anyone else find the presence of cockpits weird...?
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073707)
Posted by GEEWUN on May 12th, 2010 @ 3:08pm CDT
AWESOME!!!
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073711)
Posted by Dragonslayer on May 12th, 2010 @ 3:11pm CDT
I gotta say, I'm really diggin' Sideswipe. That is one slick-looking altmode 8)
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073719)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 12th, 2010 @ 3:33pm CDT
originaldave77 wrote:Anyone else find the presence of cockpits weird...?

No, not really. If you go really far back into the origins of the transformer race you'll find that in most continuities they were created by the Quintassons to be sold as vehicles for smaller races which is why the majority of alt. modes come as vehicle forms.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073725)
Posted by Darkman20xx on May 12th, 2010 @ 3:47pm CDT
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073735)
Posted by sabrigami on May 12th, 2010 @ 4:19pm CDT
Man, Side's alt mode is sick! :D Only hope they put Sunny in too. Would be a crime without him since they are bros...
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073737)
Posted by Prime's Trailer on May 12th, 2010 @ 4:20pm CDT
Thundercracker is the best looking seeker so far for me, love the paint job.
Sideswipe and Jetfire both look awesome - I just wish Jetfire had his battle helmet with gun ears, ah well can't have everything.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073741)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 12th, 2010 @ 4:28pm CDT
I'm super excited for this game too, and I don't even own a PS3 or Xbox360 yet. :sad:

Anyway, these designs look great!

Darkman20xx wrote:Is it confirmed that all of the WFC charachters will be made into toys or is Optimus the only promised one so far? This looks to be an awesome toy line if we manage to get them all.

Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Megatron are 100% certain to be released as toys. I believe is also very likely as there's a product listing on BBTS, but there are no toy images of him yet.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073742)
Posted by craggy on May 12th, 2010 @ 4:32pm CDT
originaldave77 wrote:Anyone else find the presence of cockpits weird...?

if a dinosaur can have a cockpit I don't see why a jet can't. ;)

Swipe looks pretty darn good. I hope we get that chassis for multiplayer bots.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073743)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on May 12th, 2010 @ 4:34pm CDT
Man these Alt.Modes look sick this is like being in a candy store or a video game store for little kids a kid.

This is a G1 Fanboy's wet dream so to speak who have been wanting a game that tells the events before G1 now we will learn what happens before they crashed landed and how Optimus becomes the legend that he is today.

Man Jetfire Looks indentical almost to his old G1 self it is uncanny.

Sideswipe is sleek dig his look.

Thundercracker looks like G1 but his Alt doesnt but that makes sense cause this is Pre-G1 so I guess that is what they look like on Cybertron.

I am just curious how many of these guys will be playable in the single player campaign and which will just be in game cameo appearances or part of the games story line and cgi video's of the story in game cutscenes.

I am getting this game in August cause the game dosent come out until June 22nd I think because in July I am getting Persona 3 Portable for my PSP and also Dragon Quest IX on my Nintendo DS.

Also announced today is 2 new DBZ games do this fall Dragon Ball Ragin Blast 2 and a new one for the PSP with something to do about Tag Teams but you can still play the game normally if you want.

Looks like TF 3 is also coming along nicely but I hate Ratchet's new paint job but the Twins new look awesome I actually liked them in Revenge.

Now if we can only learn more on Prime which I think we will at Botcon everything will be Prime.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073747)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 12th, 2010 @ 4:50pm CDT
I'm glad they kept Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker the same mold. Very cool. Jetfire looks good. Silverbolt, Air Raid, and Jetfire look closely related. I am so stoked that Sideswipe is in it. Cant wait for the Prowl reveal now =P~
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073750)
Posted by osubot20 on May 12th, 2010 @ 4:53pm CDT
I really hope HOUND :BOT: is in the game.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073761)
Posted by Julie85 on May 12th, 2010 @ 5:34pm CDT
Jetfire and Thundercracker look awesome, Sideswipe looks really really awesome. I hope this means we get Sunstreaker too.

I believe toys for Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron and Soundwave have been confirmed so far.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073764)
Posted by Down_Shift on May 12th, 2010 @ 5:42pm CDT
originaldave77 wrote:Anyone else find the presence of cockpits weird...?

I don't. We don't know if Micromasters or Mini-cons are being built into this lore. If they are, that would explain cockpits.

Personally, I like the look of the cockpit over a flyer without one.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073818)
Posted by No One on May 12th, 2010 @ 8:11pm CDT
About the cockpit thing. This is something done over a broad medium that has been established for story telling so that we as humans can relate to things better.

It isn't done for a technical or even a plausible purpose, it just makes the general audience more apt at understanding them as vehicles.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073820)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on May 12th, 2010 @ 8:16pm CDT
Sideswipe & Jetfire are mighty sexy. Thundercracker is meh to me.
Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Sideswipe, Jetfire and Thundercracker Revealed (1073837)
Posted by KingEmperor on May 12th, 2010 @ 9:30pm CDT
originaldave77 wrote:Anyone else find the presence of cockpits weird...?

The cockpits can also be there for smaller TFs to ride in. The characters in the G1 cartoon were using each other for transportation.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
"Appliance Wars"
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations United UN19 Wheeljack Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Wreckgar rts complete no paperwork" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations WARPATH Complete Deluxe Classics Hasbro 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Prime Master Megatronus Bomb-Burst" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Smokescreen" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations: Combiner Wars Legends Rodimus Complete CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations: Combiner Wars Deluxe Sunstreaker Complete CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations: Combiner Wars Deluxe Prowl Complete CHUG" on EBAY