Transformers News: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC

Thursday, July 19th, 2018 12:04AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Qwan   Views: 14,453

Eyes (and camera) on the ground at SDCC, Boss-Bot Seibertron himself, has captured a full-length clip of the commercial being shown at San Diego Comic Con to advertise the new War for Cybertron: Siege toyline. We saw still images earlier on, but now the full thing is available for you to watch at your convenience!

The roughly 40-second video shows off the previously-revealed Optimus Prime, Sideswipe and Firedrive toys, as well as giving sneak peeks at other previously unseen figures. These include Hound and Ultra Magnus (as seen in the photos); a few Micromasters (confirming that they will be featured in the toyline, and that they can combine to form weapons); and "Deluxe Weaponizers", represented by what appears to be Fortress Maximus' partner drone Cog, which split into multiple weapons for other figures to wield. It's worth noting that the Micromasters and Cog were both observed as Amazon listings not long ago, along with Metroplex's Sixgun and a possible Leader Shockwave?

Check out Seibertron's video below - it captures the full commercial twice over! - and share your thoughts and observations in the Energon Pub Forums! And again, stay tuned for more Transformers news coming from SDCC before the week's out!

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972176)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on July 19th, 2018 @ 12:07am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:If that actually is Cog, and it seems like it is, then not only might I actually have interest in this line now, but I also have a sudden desire to see a Generations Six-Gun like this.
I think Six-Gun was indeed part of the same rumor that Cog originated from.

Well in that case, I guess even though I still have yet to see any actual characters I really have interest in (don't need another OP, don't need or want Sideswipe, iffy about Hound, still would prefer to get CW Leader Magnus over this for now), these weapon shenanigans could prove fun enough to get me involved with this line. Cog and the potential Six-Gun will fit right in with my Wreckers and other assorted Bots, and you can never have enough weapons, right?
Skritz wrote:Still waiting to see that promised Deluxe Impactor.

Oh, right, and Impactor, who is an instant purchase. Alright Hasbro, you have my attention again.

Still missing a key factor though. :CON:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972177)
Posted by Qwan on July 19th, 2018 @ 12:08am CDT
I am SO HYPED for the Micromasters now. I'd forgotten how much I wanted Minicon-style toys again, until it happened!! AAAARGH I can't wait give them to me now
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972182)
Posted by starrhero on July 19th, 2018 @ 12:17am CDT
That has to be a new Leader Ultra Magnus. It looks too bulky & too big to be a Voyager. (I honestly only say this, as I would prefer a Leader, to compare with the Optimus also being released. Man, we love being picky!)

Overall, I can't even explain how excited I am about this line. Yeah, it may be more G1, but if the Mircomasters/Targetmasters/What they really are: Minicons, are any implication, we should be expecting this to truly be the best representation of the name Generations... Hopefully.

Now I need to pick up everything here... goodbye wallet, you shan't be missed honestly, I prefer the transformable robots.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972183)
Posted by Skritz on July 19th, 2018 @ 12:23am CDT
So 'Weaponizer' are Deluxe which become weapons for others. Hmmm. I wonder if they're going to be a subline/sub-gimmick in the line itself. :-?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972197)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 19th, 2018 @ 12:54am CDT
Wow...that early reveal certainly didn't do War for Cybertron: SIEGE any justice. This is a gimmick done VERY well. Weapon customization still promotes creative play and collectability without potentially "compromising" gimmicks like combiner pegs or Headmasters. The "blast" effects for muzzle flashes and the like are a nice touch.

The shame is that I'm still probably going to cherry pick this line instead of collect it in total like I have with Combiner Wars/Unite Warriors, Legends, Titans Return, and Power of the Primes. I do need a better Voyager G1 Optimus Prime, as I've said before, but I'm perfectly happy with the CW Ultra Magnus mold and the Universe 2008 Sideswipe and Hound molds. All of those "Battlemasters," Micromasters, and the "Deluxe Weaponmasters" will be mine, though, to round out the G1 ranks of my collection.

I'm hoping we get a few really nice reveals as the months go on, like Voyager Soundwave and Blaster, Voyager Starscream and co., Voyager Ironhide and Ratchet, Voyager Trailbreaker and Hoist...geez, I want quite a few Voyagers, don't I?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972199)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 19th, 2018 @ 12:59am CDT
I'm starting to think that the name of this line is gonna end up being just "Transformers: Siege", with "War For Cybertron Trilogy" just being the umbrella term for the trilogy that will encompass Siege and its two successor lines, much line how "Prime Wars Trilogy" was the umbrella term for the trilogy made up of Transformers: Combiner Wars, Transformers: Titans Return, and Transformers: Power of the Primes.

And also like how "Unicron Trilogy" retroactively worked the same way for Transformers: Armada, Transformers: Energon, and Transformers: Cybertron.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972204)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 19th, 2018 @ 1:15am CDT
Ultra Magnus looks awesome, and so does Hound. I already have both bots in my collection, but if Ultra Magnus is good, I might just deal with that now :lol: Hound looks great too, but if we get a Leader Shockwave, that means we can have a gun mode that fits in our hand perfectly like TR Sixshot. They just have to make his official mode an artillery cannon or something like that and with some rearranging of parts, voila, a gun. Yay! :DANCE:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972206)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 19th, 2018 @ 1:23am CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:...if we get a Leader Shockwave, that means we can have a gun mode that fits in our hand perfectly like TR Sixshot. They just have to make his official mode an artillery cannon or something like that and with some rearranging of parts, voila, a gun. Yay! :DANCE:

Leader Shockwave should be able to wield his Combiner Wars Legends self as a gun. Anything else is just gravy.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972212)
Posted by noctorro on July 19th, 2018 @ 1:31am CDT
Sold, so sold. Finally an epic voyager sized optimus prime.
Another Ultra Magnus, looks even better than the one that was already great enough.
Sideswipe looking G1 killer, a better hound (I presume, classics was already great besides the torso
being loose).

It's soooo awesome, the next Generations Trilogy. And I've been getting almost all since Combiner Wars which I freaking love. And all the follow up stuff.

I love the armor drones dudes who you can get. Love it all, here's a little hope for actual War For Cybertron / Fall of Cybertron cameo's. But no need, it's just pure magnificence anyway.

I need to collect my tongue now.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972216)
Posted by noctorro on July 19th, 2018 @ 1:39am CDT
Omg guys, this is way too much awesomeness. And I'm slowely recollecting Energon... :S
This stuff is sooo cool.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972217)
Posted by Deadput on July 19th, 2018 @ 1:42am CDT
Wow this gimmick looks awesome, and the toy commercial as well as how blocky the toys look take me back to the old G1 commercials of the older days, it's a well done commercial for sure.

Also hell yeah to the return of Micro masters.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972218)
Posted by Burn on July 19th, 2018 @ 1:49am CDT
Deadput wrote:Also hell yeah to the return of Micro masters.

Remember that time we got excited over the return of Pretenders?

Yeah ... these are just going to be Micromasters with three modes ... kinda like, what were those guys again? Oh yeah ... Mini-cons.

Still, they'll be fun to collect.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972219)
Posted by Skritz on July 19th, 2018 @ 1:51am CDT
This is definately a line which suffered from a really underwhelming initial reveal, as I thought it would mostly be just 'Geewun Redux' with some targetmasters. Yet it seems this is a line focused on weapons and accessories too, which is really good.

But I do have a complain: show me some tank/heavy vehicle molds! Things which would look good bristling with heavy weaponry to make the NRA blush! SHOW ME THINGS TO PUT THE GUNS ON! :-D
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972223)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 19th, 2018 @ 2:15am CDT
Weaponizers have my attention, as do the micro-*cough*totallynotminicons*cough*-masters. Also hound already looks like he's been to earth with those stickers ;-)
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972224)
Posted by Deadput on July 19th, 2018 @ 2:17am CDT
Burn wrote:
Deadput wrote:Also hell yeah to the return of Micro masters.

Remember that time we got excited over the return of Pretenders?

Still, they'll be fun to collect.

Yeah I'm viewing these guys more as accessories rather then figures on their own, I did like Minicons back in the day (Although that was when I was a kid so that probably had part to do with it)
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972229)
Posted by Optimus-Primal on July 19th, 2018 @ 2:50am CDT
I really hope someone asks if we are getting Star saber and omega supreme
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972234)
Posted by frogbat on July 19th, 2018 @ 3:50am CDT
*sigh as usual I'm a bit miffed when one of my fave characters and toys that were recently done gets another new mould... in this case, Ultra Magnus. If he's as good as CW Magnus, It'll be a buy. Sideswipe looks very good too, and will probably get because he's even more G1-esque than the generations figures which are beginning to show their age.

The thing about the new figures I appreciate is that with the new engineering patterns introduced since the CW lines, the deluxe are less fiddly to transform and though there is a bit too much repetition, many are pretty ingenious and fun.

Hound's original generations figure was one of the best and the ravage he was packaged with was excellent. However, he was always a bit of a pain to transform in comparison. Hope this one makes it fun...

Prime is great and will fill a massive hole in my collection (TR power master prime is my main prime ATM)

Micromasters got me really excited though, hope to see some bases in the next chapter...
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972237)
Posted by RAR on July 19th, 2018 @ 4:21am CDT
Seems like a good line - I do hope they double up all the Micromasters and make a set B for every theme though as only getting half of a Patrol would be annoying (I don't mind them selling them in 2's though).

I'm quite frankly shocked one of the robots seems to be based on Fortress Maximus' robotic companion Cog though.

I hope they do the same with Scorponok's buddy Fasttrack too.
http://www.tfu.info/1987/Decepticon/Fas ... ttrack.htm

& The Power Buggy from the Diaclone Powered Convoy set too would be a good one to do too.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972239)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 19th, 2018 @ 4:24am CDT
Burn wrote:
Deadput wrote:Also hell yeah to the return of Micro masters.

Remember that time we got excited over the return of Pretenders?

Still, they'll be fun to collect.

I'm still exited for PotP mini pretenders. They scale perfectly with city bots and it give dollies to my G1 originals to play with. :x
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Commercial at San Diego Comic Con #HasbroSDCC (1972241)
Posted by Manterax Prime on July 19th, 2018 @ 4:27am CDT
Upon close examination, Magnus appears to be true to his G1 toy by being a white Optimus in armor.
Which in my book is a good thing.
Now if only the MP did that.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #205 - Ship Wrecked