Transformers News: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK

Sunday, June 23rd, 2019 3:15PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 13,850

For all you UK Seibertronians, I bring you great hunting news. The newest Leader Class release for Transformers War for Cybertron Siege has been found in two different Symths Toy Stores!

Fellow Seibertron user, CyclonusG1, found and purchased his from the Longton Symths store in London. He even provided the picture of his purchase.

The second toy was found in the Northampton Symths Toy Store by fellow Seibertron user, Crumplezone.

The Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime is a retool of Siege Leader Class Ultra Magnus, designed to represent a new version of the original Leader Class Optimus Prime from the Cybertron toyline and cartoon.

Are you hunting for this figure for your collection? Have you already been lucky enough to snag him? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Credit(s): CyclonusG1 and Crumplezone from Seibertron

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025634)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on June 23rd, 2019 @ 3:46pm CDT
@ D-Max, thanks, I’m definitely thinking that way in regards with Target versus Walmart. Definitely sucks!
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025651)
Posted by Stargrave on June 23rd, 2019 @ 5:59pm CDT

They’re great on the weapons but does anyone have them displayed with the effects acting as blaster damage?

For me it was fun for a few but quickly lost its magic. I don’t really mind the extra plugs all over but I’d be fine if they phased the ‘damage’ plugs out.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025652)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on June 23rd, 2019 @ 6:30pm CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:We talk a good bit about almost everything in this line except the cool fire last effects: has anyone been having a “blast” with these? No, I couldn’t help myself.

I can't have them out because the cat will attack them. I have done periodic displays, but there's a little variance, so not all parts work with all figures.

Once I get a little space, I want to set up a large Siege display using all of the available effects parts.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025653)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 23rd, 2019 @ 6:34pm CDT

I wish they would sell variety bags of just the blast pieces.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025655)
Posted by Stargrave on June 23rd, 2019 @ 6:37pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I like it, but I find it undercut by most of the blast effects being shots rather than impacts. Also the lack of purple shots, and the small amount available overall.

I wish they would sell variety bags of just the blast pieces.

That is a freaking brilliant idea I’d buy several of those dang.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025656)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 23rd, 2019 @ 6:40pm CDT
We need bulk blast, smash, and slash effects. We need large packs of them to sell
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025657)
Posted by Skritz on June 23rd, 2019 @ 6:58pm CDT
I wish we had more Battlemasters (or at least further retools of the two humanoid molds with new barrels) or that they even sold multipacks of the guys. Battlemasters shotgun, battlemaster chainguns, battlemaster bfg...you name it! Oh and Battlemaster CHAINSAW! :lol:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025665)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 23rd, 2019 @ 9:14pm CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025667)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 23rd, 2019 @ 10:39pm CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:My only complaint with him continues to be the fact that the panel on the front of his chest isn't red

Who do you mean by "him"? Omega Supreme?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025670)
Posted by Stargrave on June 24th, 2019 @ 1:48am CDT
If that’s what he meant I don’t mind it I think it looks cool.

I do love the classic chest piece as it always made me think of a faux parts front end of a car like even though he’s super different than the rest he’s still an auto-bot.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025672)
Posted by Stargrave on June 24th, 2019 @ 2:00am CDT
Springer acquired! Checked two more Wal-Marts hoping for the deluxes but no dice.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025673)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on June 24th, 2019 @ 2:02am CDT
I do think if Hasbro never gets around to "blast packs" they're really missing a prime opportunity. Even if it was just a big Christmas pack or something!

Has anyone who's been do the trade shows been able to confirm if there's anything going on with Omega's shins? I still feel like there's some playability features they haven't shown... which boggles my mind. Are they really just solid (or hollow) w/o hatches or play features? Seems like a missed opportunity.

As far as other Titans... as sad as it would be... I'd much rather Hasbro/Takara take an honest re-do on Fort Max with the G1 figure in mind.... cheating and rebuilding off of Metroplex felt like it robbed him of being truly amazing. Though a redone Metro I wouldn't say no to.

Curious if the Selects Line will give us Omega Sentinel recolors.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025677)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 24th, 2019 @ 3:14am CDT
* New or tweaked lower legs that have the below-knee pivot. This is the big one - it would allow his legs to be configured as per the original in city mode.
* Clips or a flip-open panel on the right side of the chest so that Cerebros can attach in communications room mode as per the original toy.
* ^Corresponding closure of the top of the central tower and adding a proper cockpit there.
* 5mm port on the central section of the chest
* Feet with cavities for SIEGE Gasket and Grommet (Wishful thinking I know)
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025680)
Posted by DR0hNO on June 24th, 2019 @ 5:21am CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025682)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on June 24th, 2019 @ 5:23am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:It would be kinda nice. That said, I think the Metroplex retool one could be improved with some further retools:
* 5mm port on the central section of the chest
* Feet with cavities for SIEGE Gasket and Grommet (Wishful thinking I know)

I mean.. the lower legs *do* open like Metroplex... there's just brackets in the way which you can pop off... What does bug me is that the legs don't clip together like Metro's I tried swapping them... to line up the clips, but because of the way the Turrets and (wheels- the red brackets) they won't tab together T_T....

but an non-IDW super skinny waist Metroplex would make me happy, but it would still feel like a "waste" of a "titan slot".

But now that we do have the "titan partners" it would be kind of fun to "revisit" the Titans themselves. Someone (on a different board?) pointed out that Brut mysteriously slots nice and snug behind Tyrpticon's dino head.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025683)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 24th, 2019 @ 5:26am CDT
DR0hNO wrote:Has anyone seen any Seige stuff in the Uk other than Smyths? I can't find anything.

I've seen some in the Entertainer, and import shops like Forbidden Planet stock them
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025685)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 24th, 2019 @ 5:56am CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:
* 5mm port on the central section of the chest
* Feet with cavities for SIEGE Gasket and Grommet (Wishful thinking I know)

Funny you should mention Metro's waist, because I found T30 Metro's waist to be too skinny. Make my cityboi THICC HasTak!

As for new Titans, who is left to choose? I mean, Scorponok is obvious, and maybe Armada Tidal Wave, but then who?

I don't think HasTak would play the repaints card for the Titans, unless there was extremely strong demand for them.

If HasTak makes a Titan Ark playset though, that would be amazing (and who doesn't want an Ark?)
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025686)
Posted by blackeyedprime on June 24th, 2019 @ 6:02am CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:
* 5mm port on the central section of the chest
* Feet with cavities for SIEGE Gasket and Grommet (Wishful thinking I know)

It would have been nice for Fortress to have his lift and cross play with the the new micro masters. I just picked up the Japanese three part tiny model kit version and if the toy had been done in a similar way, it could make buying titans a bit more manageable. It would make new micromaster bases dissapointing but it's not as though we have any as of yet.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025687)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 24th, 2019 @ 6:45am CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:
* 5mm port on the central section of the chest
* Feet with cavities for SIEGE Gasket and Grommet (Wishful thinking I know)

I'd said Ark then transformed into Animated Omega Supreme, I think the fandom would lose control.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Found in the UK (2025689)
Posted by DR0hNO on June 24th, 2019 @ 7:20am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

thanks I'll have look next time i'm near

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Prime AM-24 Silas Breakdown Arms Micron Takara MISB New" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2019 Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Lancer w Enamel Pin" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime AM-01 Optimus Prime Arms Micron Takara MISB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime AM-24 Silas Breakdown Arms Micron Takara MISB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Metals Die Cast Transformers The Last Knight Hot Rod with Coins New MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Rippersnapper Loose Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime AM-27 Ultra Magnus Arms Micron Takara MISB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic TakaraTransformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee(with Collector Coin) MP" on EBAY