Sunday, July 28th, 2019 10:54pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 27,283

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian matthewrex we've learned that the Micromaster 10 pack is now available at Target.com! Here you'll see some nice official views of the new ten pack including the combined weapons mode for each Micromaster pair. The item is currently listed at $39.99.

The full rundown from Target.com:
"Highlights
BUILD THE ULTIMATE BATTLEFIELD: The Generations War for Cybertron trilogy introduces an expansive ecosystem of collectible figures and weapon accessories. (Each sold separately. Subject to availability)
EXCITING 10pk WITH CLASSIC MICROMASTER COMBINATION: This 10pk includes 5 teams of Micromaster toys that convert and combine to form weapon modes!
CLASSIC G1-INSPIRED CHARACTERS: Adult fans nostalgic for the original Transformers animation and kids discovering classic characters for the first time can share and experience exciting play patterns across generations
AWESOME CONVERSION: Each figure in this Micromaster 10pk features simple conversion to micro vehicle modes. For kids and adults 8 years old and up!
COMPATIBLE WEAPON MODE WORKS WITH ALL OTHER FIGURES: War for Cybertron: Siege figures have multiple weapon ports that enable fans to attach the weapon mode of Micromaster figures
Build the ultimate battlefield with Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege collectible figures, featuring classic G1 characters. (Each figure sold separately. Subject to availability). Siege plunges fans into the epic fight to survive on the final day of the Autobot and Decepticon battle to control Cybertron. The Decepticon resistance army and the Autobot counter-resistance fighters gear up with the universe's most advanced modular weaponry, including the weapon modes of Micromaster figures - sentient bots that become weapons!
Micromaster figures combine to form weapons to equip other Siege figures (sold separately)!
WFC-S58 Ricon and Irontread form Dual-Port Scrapgrinder
WFC-S59 Road-Police and Wheel Blaze form Powershot Plasma Cannon
WFC-S60 Overair and Ground Shaker form Ultra-Sonic Shredder Blade
WFC-S61 Slyhopper and Nightflight form Dual-Edged Soundbreaker Sword
WFC-S62 Cratermaker and Fireline form Gravatronic Rubblemaker Cannon

- Includes 10 Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Micromaster figures and instructions.
- Figure scale: 1.5 inches
- Ages 8 and up
- Warning: Choking Hazard - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.

Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.
Dimensions (Overall): 9.49 inches (H) x 10.98 inches (W) x 1.73 inches (D)
Suggested Age: 8 Years and Up
Weight: .88 pounds
Material: Plastic
Number of Figures: 10
CPSC Choking Hazard Warnings: Choking_hazard_small_parts
TCIN: 76250678
UPC: 630509873814
Item Number (DPCI): 087-16-7745"

Enjoy the images and happy hunting. Share your scores and near misses in the forums and stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!
Transformers News: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com

Credit(s): Target/matthewrex

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032238)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 28th, 2019 @ 11:35pm CDT
Well that's getting shipped to store lol.

It's strange... I like all the individual robot mode colors, and most of the alt mode colors... but good lord a lot of those "combined weapons" are eye searing... would make interesting weapons for the Rain Makers.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032239)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 28th, 2019 @ 11:37pm CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032243)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on July 29th, 2019 @ 12:05am CDT
Did anyone else notice that the description says "88 POUNDS"?

Keep an eye on your shipping cost, I guess...

**EDIT**

There is a decimal there... Nevermind.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032247)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 29th, 2019 @ 12:40am CDT
Flashwave wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:Oddly enough I still feel the combined devastator scales about right too; at least as imposing as he was in siege on Autobot City on the movie

See, I've been telling people (and have had many agree) that Devastator and Predaking are proper Combiner scale, and the other combiners are too small. It's why I've had zero issues with either, they are perfectly sized.

I really wish the next Commander would be Thunderwing, but alas, I think it will be Sky Lynx, a shuttle to go with a spaceship sort of thing

Yes, Titan Devastator and Predaking are definitely Generations Siege scale. And for the Combiner Wars ones to be in proper scale, they should be titan too. At least in combined mode. However, having voyager scaled CARS and bikes wouldn't make any sense.

As for a proper MP scaled Devastator, each components should be at least MP-10 sise and cost nearly 200$ each. Making for an over 1000$US combiner of epic proportions.
Next HasLab project, perhaps?

While I dovthinkvthe CW combiners are a tad small, I like the size theu are close to compared to the Titans because of this:
400px-Predakingg1.jpg

Some of it os proportion, and again the CW Combiner aare a tad small even for this, , but Predaking is HUGE compared to Superion and Defensor
That illustration was done by someone who was going off the G1 toys side by side without factoring in how underscale the other G1 combiner toys were. Like, the Constructicons and the "Scramble City" types (especially the limbs) are shrimpy even next to their fellow Diaclone-originating robots; the Structies and the Scramble City limbs are practically Legion-class toys and look tiny even next to the likes of G1 Mirage and Bluestreak. Whereas the G1 Predacon toys were made in the same robot mode scale as Hot Rod, Kup, et al.

CW Devastator and PotP Predaking are, in combined form, indeed in perfect cartoon scale with regular size figures. However, the tradeoff for this is that the individual Constructicons and Predacons are not, especially the Structies; the cartoon's conceit of combiners swelling up to larger than the sum of their parts is to blame. The standard CW and PotP Combiners are the converse; their individual members are in scale with their peers, but the combined form lacks the daikaiju size from the cartoon (although it's still hefty and towering). It does make one miss the Legion size class for G1 characters; that would resolve things nicely. Well, that and having Supreme/Commander-size Devy and Predaking (Especially Devy, he battled other combiners more than Predaking did; I mean, who can forget "Bruticus devastate Devastator!"?) to scale with the other combiners.

Regarding the Commander class... It had better NOT be Sky Lynx. Thanks to Predaking being done as a Titan-class toy, Sky Lynx (his main rival) absolutely has to be one as well. I still personally think it could be a downsized Omega Supreme (most likely in Guardian Robot colors if so). That would complement Omega Supreme by being a smaller version that scaled better with regular CW and PotP combiners.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032253)
Posted by Deadput on July 29th, 2019 @ 1:39am CDT
I think Star Saber as a retool of Jetfire is a possibility.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032254)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 29th, 2019 @ 1:44am CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:Was there a confirmation of the "regular" Off-Road Patrol Release? Is this 10pk release the *recolors* before the official release?

Not yet, for some reason they're pushed back to Wave 4 with Barricade, Mirage and Impactor, even though their numbering places them in Wave 3. Redecos/Retools released before the main retail original has happened before mind you. Speaking of which, they're actually redecos of retools. Sound confusing?

Irontread is based on Ironworks, but the new parts are inspired by Monster Truck Patrol member Big Hauler. Ricon is an all-new character (though he reminded me of Tote), but the new parts follow fellow Patrol Member Hydraulic's design:

Transformers G1 1990 Big Hauler Gallery

Transformers G1 1990 Hydraulic Gallery

Expect them in the next part ;)
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032255)
Posted by Flashwave on July 29th, 2019 @ 1:45am CDT
Deadput wrote:I think Star Saber as a retool of Jetfire is a possibility.

Nah, for me its a new mold Star Sber with Thunderwing the Co-Tool. But I am pretty sure I would rather have Star Saber as a Leader Class so that they can do Vic Leo as a Weaponizer or Voyager Weaponizer
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032257)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 29th, 2019 @ 2:24am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Transformers G1 1990 Big Hauler Gallery

Transformers G1 1990 Hydraulic Gallery

Expect them in the next part ;)

I thought they looked familiar... couldn't put my finger on it. Looking back at my original collection (thorugh memory) I somehow only have "half" of some of my patrols... wonder if friends over the years wandered off with some.

I really hope we get the hot rod patrol.

also regarding: "It does make one miss the Legion size class for G1 characters; that would resolve things nicely."-Flashwave

I completely agree! I was recently just looking at my legion Seekers and wondering where a lot of the others went (really makes me regret missing a lot of the Movieverse legions (Guzzle and some of others have gotten $$). Mostly just because they're continuing the "all-in" on the "cybertron city" it'd be nice to have everyone to that scale. Even if it technically violates the whole point of "micro masters".

Kind of makes me wonder if they might do Select reissues of some of the leaders like Twin Cast or.... fire Guts God Genrai (or Nucleon quest would be a winner)
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032258)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 29th, 2019 @ 2:25am CDT
Flashwave wrote:
Deadput wrote:I think Star Saber as a retool of Jetfire is a possibility.

Star Saber as a retool of Jetfire wouldn't work that well anyway, at least not if you wanted a real resemblance to the Victory version. Engineering's too different, I'd say.

There are other possibilities for Jetfire, though. They could redeco him into some other Macross-reference livery, probably accompanied by the name Jetstorm or Overcast. Or, given the other Unicron Trilogy referencing that's been going on, they could reference Cybertron Sky Shadow:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032259)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 29th, 2019 @ 2:25am CDT

Though the PotP leaders seemed to be the best way to tackle that.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032260)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 29th, 2019 @ 2:29am CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:I would also love if they maybe considered a new class/product for micromaster bases, even if it's the smaller playsets versus the Rocket Base.

Though the PotP leaders seemed to be the best way to tackle that.
I think you mean Titans Return :P The munky, the trukk, and the Rodebago lack real base modes
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032265)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 29th, 2019 @ 3:07am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:

Though the PotP leaders seemed to be the best way to tackle that.

Oh, true! Though Primal I think is Titan Master compatible? I think I've seen some fan modes of the "evolutions" prime with a "base mode" Though even the TR Power Master base was a bit rough... I'm glad that Omega's tracks have "raised" connections points, since TR PM Prime's base seems to prefer elevated connectors.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032266)
Posted by Deadput on July 29th, 2019 @ 3:19am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Flashwave wrote:
Deadput wrote:I think Star Saber as a retool of Jetfire is a possibility.

Can't remember where I saw this but I saw a couple posts discussing stuff on Jetfire that seems that they could lend themselves towards a Star Saber retool.

Honestly there isn't really anyone else that makes sense to retool him from, straight repaints not included which seem more like Generation Selects type stuff.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032270)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 29th, 2019 @ 4:29am CDT

Actually I can see Star Saber as a commander class but only has a two pack with voyager Victory Lio
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032271)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 29th, 2019 @ 4:46am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I think we're more likely to see leader Class molds of both Star Saber and Deathsarus, based on the plans Hasbro had for the PotP poll. I also can't see them doing a downsized Omega, unless it's a new mold which has Omega turning into the Ark ;) the key here is scale since the designers seem so beholden to it.

A 2 pack with a leader Victory Saber and a voyager Victory Leo could be nice. However, in G1 and the toon, Leo was as big as Saber. So TWO leaders sold separately would be the best option. And if it's 2 leaders a case, a case of one Saber and one Leo would be the way to distribute them.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032272)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 29th, 2019 @ 4:55am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

True, I forgot about robot mode scale :-? Leader Class would be best then.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032274)
Posted by blackeyedprime on July 29th, 2019 @ 5:33am CDT
Since leader class has changed to voyager with accessories it might work for thunderwing but he could just end up being a selects repaint/remold of TR skyshadow as per whatever work they had underway at the time. I'm still hoping for a thunderclash but the current leaders are way too small for effective trailers.

Not so sure if Victory Leo will happen as they never did the MP counter part and star sabre may just end up being three combining micromasters/Armada sword as it fits the line. It will be interesting to see what Primes/Megatrons are used for the next series after war for cybertron.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032275)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 29th, 2019 @ 5:40am CDT
Nah they had plans for leader Class star Saber, and the lines gimmick is set to change with the new part debuting next year, the tentative "Armageddon". Thundercrash would be awesome but the best to hope for might be an inclusion in the Commander Class (leader and trailer)
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032276)
Posted by frogbat on July 29th, 2019 @ 5:45am CDT
Really loved the micromasters as a kid and was looking forward to these however, can't but help feel a bit underwhelmed. Reason being is that these aren't a huge improvement on the originals - sure some articulation in the legs, perhaps I'd have like elbows... dunno. Also, would've like 4 packs... I mean how can u have an air strike patrol without tailwind!

Will still pick some more up - maybe this one. The micromasters and base combo were a great play pattern and I guess will populate the titans with these guys..
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromaster 10 Pack Available at Target.Com (2032281)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on July 29th, 2019 @ 7:10am CDT
I still say, next commander class will be the Robosmasher.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 68 Deluxe Movie 3 Leadfoot Target Exclusive In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 60 Constructicon SCRAPPER Voyager Class MISB/New 2020" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Transformers SCF Tokyo Game Show Battle Damage Set Optimus/Convoy Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premiere Edition Deluxe Cogman 2017  ((NEW))" on EBAY
Buy "1:64 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 & BARRICADE JADA TOYS DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie 2 Rotf Voyager Mixmaster Action Figure" on EBAY