Wednesday, July 24th, 2019 12:26am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 25,324

Located over on tfnd on Facebook we've discovered a new Japanese review of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme by TakaraTomy designers!

This video gives a great side by side with Combiner Wars Devastator, just to get your imaginations whirling about how you'll be setting up your behemoth battle displays. There's also an awesome rundown of Omega's interactivity with the base modes from former Transformers line Titans Return. All of them, don't forget Dai Atlas! And they have his base mode nicely populated too. Just seeing this G1 Giant all stocked up with Micromasters is sure to get your wallet-a-weepin'.

Enjoy the video and as always share your views with the Seibertron crew in the forums, and stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

Translated from the tfnd post:
"Takaratomy Official Developer push pit film
The content of this time is omega supreme, which is expected to be on sale in the fall.
Introducing the expansion of various institutions and base play, etc.
Friends who like g1 omega or like base play can't really miss it!!"

Credit(s): tfnd

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031294)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on July 24th, 2019 @ 12:31am CDT
Geez HasTak, I'm already sold on Omega Supreme! You don't have to make me want the Titans Return leader molds to attach to him too! :lol: In all seriousness, I'm super excited for Omega to come out, though I do still wish the eyes were the original blue we had seen and not the orange that appears to be the final product. Oh well, nothin a bit of paint won't fix
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031295)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 24th, 2019 @ 12:47am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I still say you bag on Skyfire too much. Definitely agree about Megatron AKA "They forgot to include tabs for my neckplate" as the weakest link, though. I wouldn't say he's bad per say, but compared to the others he's only so-so.
No, Megatron isn't horrible, but he definitely missed the mark, especially when considering how good Optimus is (robot mode anyway, truck mode is just okay). As for Jetfire, maybe it seems I bag on him too much, but it was just a letdown for me how simple and seemingly unfinished he is. I mean, he has the same problem that leader RoTF Jetfire does: he's basically a robot laying down with a plane draped over him.
Okay, what even? :-? :???: :BOOM:
No. Just, no. Not even close. That is not a valid criticism of SIEGE Jetfire, because that is not even an accurate description of SIEGE Jetfire. SIEGE Jetfire's arms actually tuck away and integrate into the jet mode. SIEGE Jetfire's actual nosecone actually folds down to become the robot chest. SIEGE Jetfire's head is completely hidden away within the upper cabin. SIEGE Jetfire's legs actually collapse and transform into the engines.
How the crap does that qualify as "a robot laying down with a plane draped over him."? Seriously, how? Any way I look at it, that is such a maddeningly nonsensically mismatched description. :BOOM:

Rodimus Prime wrote:I never cared for the Generations Leader figure, but it's superior to this one in both looks and transformation. Might have to pick one up.
You, um, you sure about that? Because if you think SIEGE Jetfire has too much robot showing from below, well...
This is what T30 Jetfire looks like from below in jet mode. Robot head in plain sight, fake cockpit chest because of having the Valkyrie jet mode, legs awkwardly tucked under Silverbolt style an, arms plainly visible and the shoulders barely passing themselves off as engines. Are you sure you weren't scammed and sold one of these? Because I can definitely see that getting called "a robot laying down with a jet draped over him"

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:2) Caliburst
You mean G2 Blowpipe? :-D

Stargrave wrote:I think he’s too big and expensive. Just a bit. I think it’s pushed him into that same box that some people fit in with Shockwave not feeling quite worth it. Know what I mean? I think it would have been just as good and fun to see Jetfire in a Leader class with a base Voyager upgraded with the Veritech armor. Just thinkin’ :-?
1. Well, we basically already had that - it was called Classics Jetfire. :P
2. The price is because of the size (and the accessories), and the size itself is one of the main points. That and having a fully cartoon-accurate altmode with a solid upper cabin instead of the Valkyrie's separate boosters.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031297)
Posted by Stargrave on July 24th, 2019 @ 12:58am CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031298)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 24th, 2019 @ 1:19am CDT
I'm glad I was validated that there *was* storage in the shins, almost wish there was an elevator in one of the legs to provide transport to the raised roadway.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031299)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 24th, 2019 @ 1:36am CDT
Stargrave wrote:For sure but even with as big as he was in the cartoon I think the scale is just a little too inflated. He’s almost as big as Omega but Omega’s got a good justification for being so big. I think just personally he sticks out a bit with how they’ve been doing scale so far. Like I love a big Jetfire we all love a big Jetfire but this is like StarDestroyerfire.

I distinctly recall in Fire in the Sky, the autoboots *rode* inside Jetfire's lower body.... so... yes, he's supposed to be that big, maybe even bigger? he often had to crouch to interact with other autobots. If I had one complaint about Siege Jetfire, it's that he doesn't really *crouch* i'd have loved a forward ankle tilt or *deep* knee bend to properly crouch down.

As far as top three... oh man that's rough...

1) Voyager Optimus Prime (as funky as the truck is... he's truly a marvel of posability and just *looks* right. If you have issues with his "backpack" or "arm kibble" it all slides off on mushroom pegs.

2) Ultra Magnus (and to be honest, he might even beat out Optimus). This was the Ultra Magnus I always wanted, including the inner white prime. I still think the core robot works better for Ultra Magnus than as Prime-minor on the "galaxy upgrade". I'm still miffed that IDW went with *that* version for the comics.

3) Reflector. He's just a solid fun, poseable bot. His "solo" alt mode feels like it misses the mark, but the camera is perfect. His robot mode is perfect.

Honorable Mentions: Hound and Seekers.

Worst three:

1) the carbot micro masters (I hate that their arms seem so fiddly- and it doesn't seem fair to be mad at something so tiny).

2) Prowl. He just doesn't quite feel right, between the shoulders, doors, and lack of paint. Swipe and Streak look amazing... so maybe when they roll out.

3) Soundwave/Megatron. It's a tie, because they've had better figures. Their POTP/Combiner Wars incarnations I just liked better. Meg's borrowed voyager form from Blitzwing just really worked well for him, and was a solid tank, and I even really liked the jet mode (call back to Machine Wars anyone?). The leader soundwave from Primes Trilogy may have been too big... but he really pushed all the right buttons.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031300)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 24th, 2019 @ 2:21am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Okay, what even? :-? :???: :BOOM:

I'm sure.

I'll concede that comparing Siege Jetfire to RoTF Jetfire was a bit harsh. He's not as bad. But close. Looking at the underside, I see arms, shoulders, legs, knees. Look at all those gaps. Just as bad from the side view. On an $80 Commander Class figure it is unacceptable to have these errors in engineering. There should have been panels to cover them up, or at least have the transformation fill them in. Because of the difference in size, the gaps are more prominent in Siege Jetfire than Generations Jetfire. That figure is by no means close to perfect, which is why I haven't bought it yet, but it looks better than this. I bought the Siege figure even after watching reviews, because the robot mode looked good on screen. In hand? Not as good. Not bad, but not as good. Too bland. And yes, I know there are places such as Reprolabels that can help with that. But again, for $80, it shouldn't need it. Because then it becomes a $100 figure, or more. Bottom line for me (and again, this is just my opinion, I'm not stating facts so don't have an aneurysm) this is a disappointment for the money spent and the size and space it occupies. I mean, this is halfway to a Titan-sized figure, and it looks like someone enlarged a deluxe figure.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031301)
Posted by Deadput on July 24th, 2019 @ 2:22am CDT

He could fit many Autobots in his vehicle mode, so there was mass shifting to some extent but he towered over everyone who wasn't a Combiner or Omega Supreme/Skylinx

Since Siege is a G1 Cartoon inspired line it only makes sense, plus we have already have had Leader Jetfires and Jetfires of many different sizes in the past.

I also really appreciate that Jetfire can serve as a dropship for other figures, a genius idea I'd like to see more of.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031302)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 24th, 2019 @ 2:24am CDT
For some reason I couldn't attach these to the previous post.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031304)
Posted by FellintoOblivion on July 24th, 2019 @ 2:41am CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031311)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 24th, 2019 @ 4:18am CDT
FellintoOblivion wrote:Are Apeface, Spinster, Crosshairs and Astrotrain going to be released at retail or are they online exclusives?

They should be available at retail :)

Thanks for the lists guys! Think I'll give it another day or so then tally up the totals. Will also ask at years end to see if anyone's feelings changed or if Wave 5 beat the rest into submission ;)
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031312)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 24th, 2019 @ 4:24am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

They should be available at retail :)

Apeface and Spinister are kind of blowing my mind
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031314)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 24th, 2019 @ 4:30am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Okay, what even? :-? :???: :BOOM:

I'm sure.

I can agree with you the transformation is pretty straight forward, but I'd argue none of the Titan's were mindblowing in their transformations either, possibly with the exception of Devastator (and that's mostly *combiner*).

I get what you're saying about the gaps looking directly under it, but I don't really see it from the sides. I do agree with you on him being *too big* and it's not in the sense that he's *out of scale* so much as in *where do I put him?!*

I think a lot of the bland-ness is because he's cast in white plastic. It's the same issue I have with the Rainmakers... A little wash/dry brush over them would really make the details pop... sadly... i have ZERO experience in that technique.

I know not everyone has the same incomes and definately a lot more people have more expenses than *I* do (kids and what not- i don't have any) but the arguements over Shockwave being *leader prices* I just don't get that squabling. Jetfire I kind understand a bit more at $80. But I wouldn't write the commander class off yet. Curious to see what the next offering is. But I don't think it will be *mind blowingly complex* just because it's big. I think Hasbro has honed in on the "simple but satisfying" tranformation. Heck, Sideswipe is a simplified version of his MP design.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031319)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 24th, 2019 @ 4:41am CDT
Deadput wrote:Jetfire was a really big guy, I know scale wasn't exactly consistent with the Cartoon but at the very least Jetfire was always much bigger then everyone else.

I do almost wish he had a full cargo bay (in his legs?) for the micromasters like the old micromaster combiner shuttle. http://www.transformerland.com/wiki/toy-info/transformers-g1-micromasters-battlefield-headquarters-with-full-barrel-and-overflow/3500/
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031323)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on July 24th, 2019 @ 6:51am CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:I do agree with you on him being *too big* and it's not in the sense that he's *out of scale* so much as in *where do I put him?!*

How much does he weigh?

It's not difficult, but it's easy to over do it.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031326)
Posted by no-one on July 24th, 2019 @ 8:45am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Well that is not a good look. What surprises me the most is the alt mode thigh gap. :shock: The bottom view doesn't bother me as I expect a mess with jetformers, but the side just seems a little sloppy. Making it easier to skip this guy.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031329)
Posted by Stargrave on July 24th, 2019 @ 9:00am CDT
Hey wait, but is there a Gerwalk mode? Pictures anyone?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031336)
Posted by no-one on July 24th, 2019 @ 10:05am CDT
Stargrave wrote:Hey wait, but is there a Gerwalk mode? Pictures anyone?
Now you have me curious :-? T30 can pull it off, sorta...
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031338)
Posted by Cobotron on July 24th, 2019 @ 10:20am CDT
carytheone wrote:
Stargrave wrote:Hey wait, but is there a Gerwalk mode? Pictures anyone?
Now you have me curious :-? T30 can pull it off, sorta...

Googled!

I mean really, if there is a robot with a plain on it's back, it can most likely pull off a Gerwalk, amairight? :lol:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031340)
Posted by no-one on July 24th, 2019 @ 10:25am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Stargrave wrote:Hey wait, but is there a Gerwalk mode? Pictures anyone?
Now you have me curious :-? T30 can pull it off, sorta...

Googled!

Looks like he's using crutches /:)
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme Promotional Video From TakaraTomy (2031342)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 24th, 2019 @ 10:29am CDT
I think he is... They say it happens in the autumn years...

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Legends Of Cybertron Megatron 2005 Dexepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG10 Arcee Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Angry Birds Gray Silver Rare Energon Lockdown Pig Telepods Works" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collectors Club Botcon TFCC 2016 Membership Figure Ramjet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends MEGATRON With Reprolabels" on EBAY
Buy "transformers power of the primes elita-1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom: War For Cybertron Trilogy - Megatron (Beast) WFC-K10" on EBAY
Buy "Shattered Glass Drift - Transformers Sealed Model Kit - Flame Toys" on EBAY