Transformers News: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC

Wednesday, July 18th, 2018 8:22PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 14,912

With Seibertronians live at the San Diego Comic Con opening trailers, we have our first round of images and reveals, and they revolve around War For Cybertron: Siege, the brand new toyline featuring character in their classic robot modes with some futuristic alternate modes. Among the reveals of the opening trailer for War for Cybertron is a brand new Ultra Magnus, Hound, and what appears to be not only more Battle Masters AKA targetmasters, but also some micromasters, if that little car looking dude in Hound's hand is anything to go by!

Also included in the shots is a look at a cool Bumblebee statue that is decorating the Hasbro section of San Diego Comic Con!

Check out the new reveals below, and let us know what you think! And be prepared for our high quality Seibertron.com galleries to go up over the course of the next couple days as we get more Transformers news from San Diego Comic Con!

Credit(s): San Diego Comic Con
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972077)
Posted by Skritz on July 18th, 2018 @ 8:32pm CDT
Is that a Voyager Ultra Magnus? It looks...interesting. Huh. :-?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972078)
Posted by Omegatrion84 on July 18th, 2018 @ 8:35pm CDT

:BOT:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972081)
Posted by Skritz on July 18th, 2018 @ 8:37pm CDT
Omegatrion84 wrote:Those Micromasters toward the end look like Flak and Big Shot from the Battle Patrol... interesting...

:BOT:

They do. However, if they're replacing the Legends size class they look small. Hmmm, two packs maybe? :-?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972082)
Posted by Overcracker on July 18th, 2018 @ 8:39pm CDT
Skritz wrote:Is that a Voyager Ultra Magnus? It looks...interesting. Huh. :-?

Yup. Looks to be fashioned very similarly to the MP Magnus.

There's also a Deluxe Hound, and a blue robot with red missiles or smokestacks sticking out of his shoulders, I can't make out to the far left. EDIT... That's the Deluxe Weaponizer. Whoever he is.

Interesting line.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972083)
Posted by Skritz on July 18th, 2018 @ 8:41pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Skritz wrote:Is that a Voyager Ultra Magnus? It looks...interesting. Huh. :-?

Yup. Looks to be fashioned very similarly to the MP Magnus.

Interesting line.

I guess Leader Ultra Magnus wasn't GEEEEWUUUUNNNN enough for Warden. Of course, this is silly: a truly GEEWUN Magnus would have a white Optimus Prime inside. :lol:

Also what the hell is that 'weaponizer' thing?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972084)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2018 @ 8:43pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Skritz wrote:Is that a Voyager Ultra Magnus? It looks...interesting. Huh. :-?

Yup. Looks to be fashioned very similarly to the MP Magnus.

Interesting line.

Rumors are going around that our blue, treaded friend here is Fort Max’s lil buddy Cog.

Definitely an interesting line. But now I want to see some Decepticons. Deluxe Soundwave with Micromaster minions, please......!
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972088)
Posted by Overcracker on July 18th, 2018 @ 8:48pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Skritz wrote:Is that a Voyager Ultra Magnus? It looks...interesting. Huh. :-?

Yup. Looks to be fashioned very similarly to the MP Magnus.

There's also a Deluxe Hound, and a blue robot with red missiles or smokestacks sticking out of his shoulders, I can't make out to the far left. EDIT Deluxe Weaponizer

Interesting line.

Very interesting if he does turn out to be Cog.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972092)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on July 18th, 2018 @ 8:50pm CDT
Do my eyes deceive me or is that a Cog for Fortress Max?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972102)
Posted by Flashwave on July 18th, 2018 @ 8:57pm CDT
I am reserving judgement for something that is not a blurry photo of a gloss handpainted toy. But what I can make out:

Hound is going to have to do a lot of things wrong to not be an instant buy.

Ultra Magnus, I could go either way. I suspect I will be just fine with my CW Mags.

Micromasters: excited.

Cog?: if I had Fort Max, I would be thrilled. But I dont. So, eh.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972127)
Posted by Nicorange on July 18th, 2018 @ 9:44pm CDT
Hasbro.... STOP MAKING ME WANT OPTIMUS PRIMES! Please! I have enough! My wallet aches! That Ultra Magnus though... Also Hound is great, to think I almost bought Universe Hound. I need Cog for my Fort Max. Sideswipe looks better than he did in the renders and i'm happy Micromasters are back.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972135)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on July 18th, 2018 @ 10:08pm CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972137)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 18th, 2018 @ 10:11pm CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:SO MUCH ******* YES! MICROMASTERS, NEW HOUND, THAT ONE GUY WHO IS SUPPOSED TO GO WITH FORTRESS MAXIMUS, WHATEVER THAT THING IS IN THE SIXTH PICTURE, I'M HYPED!

First time I saw the article, half of the pictures were broken. So, allow me to calmly join in...

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
[size=200][color=#FF0000]MICROMASTERS!

NEW HOUND![/color]
[/size]
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972145)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on July 18th, 2018 @ 10:22pm CDT
I'm so pumped for WFC Siege. I'm so excited for everything Ultra Magnus, Hound, Sideswipe, Optimus Prime. It's interesting to see Cog. And finally the true Masters have returned The Micromasters!
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972151)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on July 18th, 2018 @ 10:48pm CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972161)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 18th, 2018 @ 11:22pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:If that actually is Cog, and it seems like it is, then not only might I actually have interest in this line now, but I also have a sudden desire to see a Generations Six-Gun like this.
I think Six-Gun was indeed part of the same rumor that Cog originated from.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972168)
Posted by Skritz on July 18th, 2018 @ 11:41pm CDT
Still waiting to see that promised Deluxe Impactor. Really, I don't want too much out of him: just that he's a bulky/square bot with the helmet and harpoon/drill/whatever hand. That's all I want out of him.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972173)
Posted by Qwan on July 19th, 2018 @ 12:02am CDT
Eyes (and camera) on the ground at SDCC, Boss-Bot Seibertron himself, has captured a full-length clip of the commercial being shown at San Diego Comic Con to advertise the new War for Cybertron: Siege toyline. We saw still images earlier on, but now the full thing is available for you to watch at your convenience!

The roughly 40-second video shows off the previously-revealed Optimus Prime, Sideswipe and Firedrive toys, as well as giving sneak peeks at other previously unseen figures. These include Hound and Ultra Magnus (as seen in the photos); a few Micromasters (confirming that they will be featured in the toyline, and that they can combine to form weapons); and "Deluxe Weaponizers", represented by what appears to be Fortress Maximus' partner drone Cog, which split into multiple weapons for other figures to wield. It's worth noting that the Micromasters and Cog were both observed as Amazon listings not long ago, along with Metroplex's Sixgun and a possible Leader Shockwave?

Check out Seibertron's video below - it captures the full commercial twice over! - and share your thoughts and observations in the Energon Pub Forums! And again, stay tuned for more Transformers news coming from SDCC before the week's out!

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972176)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on July 19th, 2018 @ 12:07am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
I think Six-Gun was indeed part of the same rumor that Cog originated from.

Well in that case, I guess even though I still have yet to see any actual characters I really have interest in (don't need another OP, don't need or want Sideswipe, iffy about Hound, still would prefer to get CW Leader Magnus over this for now), these weapon shenanigans could prove fun enough to get me involved with this line. Cog and the potential Six-Gun will fit right in with my Wreckers and other assorted Bots, and you can never have enough weapons, right?
Skritz wrote:Still waiting to see that promised Deluxe Impactor.

Oh, right, and Impactor, who is an instant purchase. Alright Hasbro, you have my attention again.

Still missing a key factor though. :CON:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972177)
Posted by Qwan on July 19th, 2018 @ 12:08am CDT
I am SO HYPED for the Micromasters now. I'd forgotten how much I wanted Minicon-style toys again, until it happened!! AAAARGH I can't wait give them to me now
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Toy Reveals From San Diego Opening Trailer #HasbroSDCC (1972182)
Posted by starrhero on July 19th, 2018 @ 12:17am CDT
That has to be a new Leader Ultra Magnus. It looks too bulky & too big to be a Voyager. (I honestly only say this, as I would prefer a Leader, to compare with the Optimus also being released. Man, we love being picky!)

Overall, I can't even explain how excited I am about this line. Yeah, it may be more G1, but if the Mircomasters/Targetmasters/What they really are: Minicons, are any implication, we should be expecting this to truly be the best representation of the name Generations... Hopefully.

Now I need to pick up everything here... goodbye wallet, you shan't be missed honestly, I prefer the transformable robots.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #205 - Ship Wrecked